We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Arkenstone and Evernight Server Changes Update and Questions

With Update 18 yesterday we made some changed to only Arkenstone and Evernight in our continued efforts to improve server performance. Now that these changes have been made, we need player feedback to tell us what if any difference there was from before Update 18 to after on only these two worlds. As we continue to work to make the game run smoother we will continue to depend on player feedback and thank all of you for your continued help.

Here is the information we are looking for from players on Arkenstone and Evernight:

1. Was your game performance better or worse after Update 18?
    2. Especially in group content such as any 6-man instances, did you notice any difference in performance?
    3. If you play on another server along with Arkenstone or Evernight, was the performance better or worse on that server after Update 18 compared to Arkenstone or Evernight?

Thanks you again to everyone who is able to help as we continue to work on making improvements to the game.

logged in today on WL, literally taking 5-10 seconds per skill, massive lag, rubberbanding, and induction lag for most of the time i was on. lag is worse than before for me, and on landy had less lag.

On Arkenstone before U18 I can't remember having the client crash to the desktop. After U18, I wish I could forget how many client crashes I've had (about one per hour, many of them reported as bugs).

It feels like the performance is worse although it is hard to tell when I've spent most of my time in the new areas. After an update with a level cap increase, there always seems to be a drop in performance because so many people are doing the same thing at the same time.

While I have toons on other servers, they are mostly low level and may not be useful in comparing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    With Update 18 yesterday we made some changed to only Arkenstone and Evernight in our continued efforts to improve server performance. Now that these changes have been made, we need player feedback to tell us what if any difference there was from before Update 18 to after on only these two worlds. As we continue to work to make the game run smoother we will continue to depend on player feedback and thank all of you for your continued help.

Here is the information we are looking for from players on Arkenstone and Evernight:

2. Especially in group content such as any 6-man instances, did you notice any difference in performance?
    3. If you play on another server along with Arkenstone or Evernight, was the performance better or worse on that server after Update 18 compared to Arkenstone or Evernight?

Thanks you again to everyone who is able to help as we continue to work on making improvements to the game.
    We ran a couple of 6 man T1 instances yesterday (Arkenstone) and all was smooth for me. No rubberbanding or stuttering - one was the instance of the week and the other was one of the new ones. We won't be back on the moors full time until the new content is caught up but I went out to do dailies on my Hunter and my Black Arrow and both operated smoothly. Low population on the moors both times though. There was no stuttering on the safe path which I was getting preior to update.

I have always been one of the people who gets less lag in groups so may not be the best test subject. Not sure why that is, I have a 4 year old computer, running Windows 7 with 6 GB of ram and just onboard video.

Thanks for checking and thanks for making the tests. :-)

Lothhil
    'I'm a hunter, I have all the defensive capability of a wet dishrag' - Lothhil

Server Evernight. I have not noticed any significant changes. Neither better nor worse. Only maybe something slightly lower performance in the Minas Tirith, probably due to the increased number of players shortly after the update.
    Generally, everything is working just fine for me, as long as I do not use too much my travel skills, milestone skills, maps or instance finder while I'm in Minas Tirith... In short every loading screen around MT causes lag.
    For example, if I open any instance multiple times when I was still in Minas Tirith, most likely I will have a significant drop in performance inside instance, and later in Minas Tirith, or anywhere in Middle-earth. Then I have to reset the client and everything works fine again. To avoid this, I usually run instances while I am in Bree, Michel Delving, Thorins Hall or in any other older region. But still can not avoid lag if I (for example) too often entering and leaving the building within MT or if I use travel maps/skills to other locations and then back to MT.
    I have also characters on the Laurelin, but I have not been there for a while so I can not say ...

I hope this was helpful...

Arkenstone here.
    I did notice things were running more smoothly for me.
    Before U18(and after one of the last few server adjustments), I had been getting frequent rubber-banding as well as skill lag like crazy. It would get significantly worse when there were other players around. This was all running around Forochel finishing up the deeds there as well as the epic storyline there.
    Yesterday, though, things were great.
    Only problem I had was it took an insane amount of time to get logged in. We're talking several minutes at least. I almost thought the thing froze on the screen loading into my character.

On Evernight i noticed a slightly better performance than yesterday. Around 2-4 pm the lag started to come back.

Arkenstone here. Playing mostly between 8 and 10PM EST the past two days, exclusively in MT and the new zone.

I did not notice a significant difference during landscape questing. Reduced awareness was still up as often as not, and my duoing buddy crashed to desktop as he does from time to time (mac laptop).

Only one new oddity came up: a sudden loading screen popped up while I was riding near the pukel-man statue in the southeast section of the forest (the one nearest the Old Anorien zone border). My duoing buddy got one as well, and a few kinnies said they had run into that recently. Haven't bugged it yet but plan to tomorrow.

I will be running 6mans on the weekend as well as leading some landscape raids. Will let you know how those go, since so far I haven't put myself in areas where major problems would be obvious.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

5 Haven Way, Menellant, Falathorn, Elendimir

Thank you Frelorn for streamlining this feedback. I am exclusively playing on Arkenstone. Since Update 18 I have been doing my daily DA training instances and solo/duo BBs (MT and Pele) on 3 out of 4 level 100 characters while I have been leveling my main in the new zone and progressing through Book V and VI. From additional information I can provide that during the day (CET –1) I play on iMac and in the evenings on a MacBook Pro.
    1. Performance from my experience after Update 18 has been worse. This is noticeable in few different ways: occasional small lag and some rubber banding in the new zone, constant crashes when opening vaults on characters, constant crashes after finishing and fully exiting BBs, crashes to desktop after each instance in the new epic books (actually got stuck on Book VI Kings End, not able to finish th eprivate instance since it crashes each time I move towards the area where the King is and where the Witch King is supposed to land, and when I log back in I am still in the private instance but can not interact with any NPC and the quest is lost so I am stuck in the instance space and have to right click the portrait to exit the instance and to restart it resulting in another crash to desktop as soon as I talk to the first NPC in the private instance). I did notice that it appeared that moving through MT feels a bit smoother.
    2. I haven't got to that part yet to do the new 6–man but did attempt the first new 3–man, the Black Serpent one, and was not able to complete it since I kept crashing during the first with the first boss. After the 4th attempt to join the battle I gave up and got replaced in the fellowship.
    3. I don't play on another server along with Arkenstone so I am not able to provide any kind of feedback on this question.
    Hallatur [LM] | Galadtar [HNT] | Yaraval [RK] | Tarsilme [CPT] | Till [BRG]
    Proud Member of Aurora Australis of Elendilmir on Arkenstone
    ~Founder of Aphadrim uin Calad of Elendilmir on Arkenstone~ Established: February 2005~

Arkenstone reply

It has been noticeable since the server change, but VERY noticeable as of Update 18. For the worse: range of "pop-ups" mines, wood, moving quest givers like Bingo in Wildermore. Also a bit laggy.

Since patch, I have only done 2-man skirmishes and solo content. Sorry.

n/a

Thumbs up

Ah the OP explains what has been happening. Since U18, my system locks up about every three hours. Can be doing something or just standing still, the system just locks up, can not type anything, the mouse does not move, all attached devices lock up, only way out of it is to reset or power cycle the system. Some things feel a little slow mostly receiving loot from a kill, this I attribute to number of players and not a major issue.

Games feels like there is better performance

Have not been in any groups

System spec
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586)
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.7GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16282MB RAM
    Page File: 9748MB used, 7333MB available

Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    Display Memory: 12215 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 4074 MB
    Shared Memory: 8141 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,atic fx64.dll,amdxc64.dll,aticfx32, aticfx32,aticfx32,amdxc32,atiu md64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64 .dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx3 2,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm 64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1452 (English)

Driver Version: 16.3.2, Crimson, 64 bit
    DirectX Version: 12, Game is in DX 9

GPU Temp 145 F
    Last edited by Gandolf_TheOld; Apr 14 2016 at 12:07 AM.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Thumbs up

Arkenstone here. On Tuesday lag was terrible, finished epics with a lot of challenge because of lag, yesterday didn't lag at all, really enjoyed the new content. Had a few slill freezes but that's about it. Have not tried moors though.

I also had a few updates for my drivers and my PC is brand new and it's not some tin..
    Last edited by Gaion; Apr 14 2016 at 12:55 AM.

Evernight here, and so far this update is nothing but trouble

Main is Hunter lvl 100

Porting anywhere results in immediate crash to desktop
    Stable travel (long route NOT swift) crashes as soon as the horse moves
    Entering an instance results in crash

Lotro no longer loads with Eyefinity enabled
    Loads with default 800 x 600 res
    Have to reset options EVERY time I log in

AMD FX 9370 8 Core CPU 4.4Ghz
    32GB RAM
    Radeon R9 390 G1 8GB Graphics (x2)
    OS Win10 Pro 64Bit
    Lotro on dedicated SSD Drive (Samsung 240GB)
    OS on Dedicated SSD Drive (Samsung EVO Pro 500GB)

When it doesn't crash, ie not porting or using stables, there is some improvement on gameplay in the wilds. But at mo, in Minas Tirith it is laggy as heck, to be expected as it is currently the main hub

Noticed that players with Radeon graphics have more trouble, mine is NVIDIA. Not sure if thats the problem or just coincidence.

Arkenstone Update 18 Feedback

I dont have information pertaining to playing on other servers or in groups at the moment. I can say that I am experiencing more Crashes to the desktop in Far Anorien than in other zones. It is difficult for me to gauge how good/bad it is with the stream almost always running when I am playing. I do notice very spiky frame rates throughout the newere and larger zones even still. My frame rate will range from as low as 20 all the way up to 300.

My concern has never been my hardware since i play on a i7 4770k with 32GB of DDR3 2400 RAM, a 250GB SSD and a GTX 980 TI video card.

My in game latency has improved from usually around 70 (+/- 10)ms to about 45 (+/- 10)ms consistently. I tend to see between 0.1% - 1% loss a fair amount of the time where I used to have virtually none, ever. I have been disconnected from the game and chat servers a few times since update 18 went live.

In the new zone my frame rate has dropped drastically compared to how it was before. However, I am yet to experience the new update in a zone without 500 other players nearby so I'm not sure what the issue is.

nothing wrong with radeon cards

Evernight here. Latency is more or less the same as always (130) and lag was better yesterday then on U18 release day. But the big difference between before and after U18 is that I crash to desktop A LOT more often than I used to. I have Windows 7 64 bit still, apparently many who does not crash is using W10 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden102 View Post
    nothing wrong with radeon cards
    +1 for trying

Evernighter here and I also have crashes to desktop after update 18

I have switched to DX9 to see if that helps but it wasn't an issue before

Felt like i was in a massive raid vs raid in ettenmoors with the skill lag up to 5 seconds yesterday in pve, on Evernight.

Landscape, instance(SG, Harlond and Serpent) Also quite a few kinnies 7+ had problems with crashing to desktop, i had none of that.
    Moridin

Aut vincere aut mori
    Attitude is everything

League of Legends HebnesO: Singed The MAD Chemist. - Gold ranked player season one
    Lotro:Minstrel x2, Burglar x2, Lore Master x2, Guardian, Champion, Captain, Hunter, Runekeeper and Warden
    Ranks:3xr10, 5xr7, 2xr6, 2xr5,r4 and r3.. Lvls: 2x75 8x65
    Retired status: Ultra Casual

Arkenstone here , More lag since u18 and way more CTD, prior to u18 i would get 1-2 a week max , now i can get 1-2 in 1 hour if traveling between zones or instances

Arkenstone.

Don't notice the lag so much except within MT it seems worse. Travelling via the "new" stables causes crashes as well.

Crashes are way more frequent. Esp on entering MT - either from the environment or from within an instance (as with the new epic). Also random crashes in the environment which are new for me.

In addition, entering or exiting instances like Northern or Southern Pelennor will cause crashes as well. Also logging in after a crash will more often than not cause my frame rate to drop into the single digits. Usually necessitating a restart. Frustrating to say the least.

A new problem has arisen that I've not had before - using the stable from Snowbourne to Cliving caused a CTD - all of the other areas have been stable for me without any hint of an issue. CTD in Rohan has NEVER happened on any character.
    Last edited by malevalence; Apr 14 2016 at 11:44 AM.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    [*]Especially in group content such as any 6-man instances, did you notice any difference in performance?
    Is this an insult or mockery?
    You disabled both 6mans.

Arkenstone:

Much more general lag, random game closings, AND skill lag in the moors than before U18. Landscape stuff seems somewhat comparable with a fair amount of lag before and after the update.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast