We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

When Will the Servers Be Closed, What is Current Official Date?

There was an official comment a while back, but I can't find it now. Could some one post the quote?

I had been waiting till things stabilized after the move in January, and am now in the process of moving characters.
    But I have a LOT of characters, and I can't remember if it was March or April that the servers would be closed and not possible to load characters in.

April 4th, 2016 the Closing worlds will no longer be available to play on, but your characters will all remain available for transfer to an active world through the transfer wizard indefinitely. We will be sending our email reminders on this shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    April 4th, 2016 the Closing worlds will no longer be available to play on, but your characters will all remain available for transfer to an active world through the transfer wizard indefinitely. We will be sending our email reminders on this shortly.
    Thanks for the quick response. I have a bit over a month, sounds good.

Is that a deadline for the failed transfers as well? My ticket is still waiting in line it seems and if I no longer have access to that character I won't be able to obtain her festival goodies.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    Is that a deadline for the failed transfers as well? My ticket is still waiting in line it seems and if I no longer have access to that character I won't be able to obtain her festival goodies.
    We have made huge efforts in clearing the world transfer ticket queue over the last week and feel that we will be completely caught up by that time. If we are not, we will extend the date for the closure to ensure that players are not waiting for assistance should a transfer fail and leave them unable to play the character on any server.

Is there already an exact time set, when the servers will be closed? Some players might want to switch off the lights when the servers close.

April 4th, 2016 the Closing worlds will no longer be available to play on
    Or did you mean a time of day on the hour ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazydwarf View Post
    Or did you mean a time of day on the hour ?
    Yes. I thougt of the exact time. So we could have an event on the closing servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thered_Vanyar View Post
    Yes. I thougt of the exact time. So we could have an event on the closing servers.
    Logically it should be 3 AM /servertime but no official details have been given.