We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

BuffBars 2.1.1 Help

Hey,

In the latest version of BuffBars (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...-BuffBars.html) it says, "Mob debuffs and crowd control effects that you apply can be shown in the windows as well if you are running the Combat Analasys plugin . . ."

I can't figure out how to configure this. I've installed Combat Analasys and ensured both plugins are working properly. Could anybody post a quick guide? Trying to set up a simple icon or bar to track Writ of Fire on my target, for example.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Antitheist View Post
    Hey,

In the latest version of BuffBars (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...-BuffBars.html) it says, "Mob debuffs and crowd control effects that you apply can be shown in the windows as well if you are running the Combat Analasys plugin . . ."

I can't figure out how to configure this. I've installed Combat Analasys and ensured both plugins are working properly. Could anybody post a quick guide? Trying to set up a simple icon or bar to track Writ of Fire on my target, for example.

Cheers!
    There's a couple screen shots somewhere in the RK forum, I think in a DPS rotation thread. Someone setup buffbars to pull info and display the current searing words tier. I had the bright idea that I might want to do this for the warden and jumped into that rabbit hole. So far I just have 2 bleeds successfully tracking from CA to BB. There's a lot of context that has to be right for that stuff to pull.

I would like to get a way to show Guardian Bleed Tiers on a target. I am not sure if BuffBars or BuffMonitor may be the best/easiest way. I am specifically trying to tie Bleed Tier 10 in with my own usage of Overwhelm to get maximum dps/benefit, but monitoring the tiering from 1 to 10 would be beneficial as well.

Tried to do a sweeping cut, to check if it revealed something in combat log usable by Buffbars an Combat Analysis, but no luck. After sweeping cut, it only showed the bleed ticks "Guardians bleed Tier 0 Applied... blabla "with a 2 second interval, for all mobs hit. The Tier raised when hitting once more.

The problem with aoe bleed or morale taps for warden, is it's displayed for each enemy hit. Further if bleed is identified only by it's ticking at a interval, you cant use buffbar/CA for any timing.
    Showing T1 - T10 would be possible, but a LOT (number of targets hit by bleed) buffbars will show on screen.

Offcourse it'll change when bleed tier changes, displaying the new tier, but will be messy to Watch.
    Messy because buffbars get the info from CA. With bleeds ticking every 2 second you would have to set duration of tick to 2 seconds in CA to avoid the last Tick display a buffbar with 20 second duration which is the bleed duration for a Sweeping Cut.

A Warden has bleed ticks too, but tied to their ticks are a separate skill you can use to show a nice steady buffbar. Say you do a "Power Attack" that'll show "X did Power Attack on Y for xx damage" When you know your skills bleed duration you can tell Combat analysis the duration, and then after the buffbar is timed out you can re-apply the attack.

Most bleed ticks on warden are tied to skills. On a guardian it's often the same skill you use to tier up the bleed, and Thus it's very difficult to tie a special tier and duration to that skill. The only way is to let CA check for Guardian's Bleed Tier 0 to 10 you'll have to make a check for every tier. When you hit x number of mobs first time buffbars will show x number of similar bars with T0 bleed.

To summarize
    1. A single buffbar on a aoe bleed skill hitting multiple targets is not possible with CA + Buffbar, if the only thing to identify the bleed is bleed tick info in combat log IMO
    2. A steady decreasing buffbar with the duratioon of the bleed duration, is not possible if the only thing to identify the bleed is bleed tick info in combat log
    3. A buffbar for each enemy hit by the bleed skill showing the tier IS possible.

Hope you get the point..

If you can find a better way to do this, please post it

I guess you allready know this The bleed icon on the mob do show the tier of the bleed Applied by the guardian, with a number inside the icon. I use that to decide when to use bleed cashout skill, when i rarely use my guardian in red trait

Edit:
    Have not tried this with Buff monitor, but i'll post when i messed with that plugin. I do not know that plugin very well, but got it on a guard showing uptime for Guardian's Ward i'm not sure BH get the bleed info, as it relies on your buffs and not mobs debuffs (as a bleed is). Guess changes in the LUA api prevent that info to be retrieved.
    Someone surely know more than me on BH i'm pretty new to that plugin

Maybe the Alerter plugin is what you need, the authour is very helpfull. He have some code for a LM stunimunity cooldown/reapply bar, maybe that could be recoded to show a nice bar for bleed tier and duration ?
    Last edited by Endoloose; Jul 25 2017 at 08:59 PM.

Alerter appears to be the plugin I need to use for this, but I cannot get it to put up an alert from "Guardian's Bleed - x" where x = 1, 2, 3, or 10 that I have tried so far. It tests fine, but it will not put the alert up in combat. I am using the following...

Channel - All
    Trigger - "Guardian's Bleed - x" x = 1, 2, 3, or 10

I put in responses to post "Overwhelm" with the skill icon in the middle, all of that in the middle of the screen. It tests fine, but won't work in actual combat.

*Edit*

Using "Guardian's Bleed -" works as a Pattern, but putting a number past the dash makes it stop working. I eventually only want to track tier 10.
    Last edited by mattspencer; Jul 26 2017 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattspencer View Post
    Alerter appears to be the plugin I need to use for this, but I cannot get it to put up an alert from "Guardian's Bleed - x" where x = 1, 2, 3, or 10 that I have tried so far. It tests fine, but it will not put the alert up in combat. I am using the following...

Channel - All
    Trigger - "Guardian's Bleed - x" x = 1, 2, 3, or 10

I put in responses to post "Overwhelm" with the skill icon in the middle, all of that in the middle of the screen. It tests fine, but won't work in actual combat.

*Edit*

Using "Guardian's Bleed -" works as a Pattern, but putting a number past the dash makes it stop working. I eventually only want to track tier 10.
    Problem with that number is it's a variable, and thus doesn't trigger when alerter is searching for a value.

Maybe you can put in the variable, but i'm not having the slightest idea how to do that %1[10] ?? :/

Try to call Garan, in the alerter plugin forum-thread on lotrointerface.com he'll for sure know if the LUA API in LOTRO is capable of doing that

edit:
    Got it working, but Variable has more info.. also showing damage and WHO damage is done to

Insert in Message text box: BLEED tier %1
    And in pattern, insert: with Guardian's Bleed - (.*)

Not very skilled in LUA, but in other programming languages there's a function to cut off some of the variables content etc. only show the first X numbers of letters from variable
    Last edited by Endoloose; Jul 26 2017 at 05:34 AM.

More trial and error with the patterns ended out in this

Insert in Message text box: BLEED tier %1
    And in pattern, insert: Guardian's Bleed - (.*.10) on (.*)

Now it should only display the bleed when at Tier 10.
    But.. It still displays every ocurrence of the T10 bleed from all enemies hit by the T10 bleed .. that results in a message of Tier 10 bleed even if your target has got his bleed removed by Overwhelm. Maybe the pattern can be refined to match your target only??

Hope you can use this as a beginning.

Thanks, that works! Going to tweak it to show Tiers 8, 9, and 10 so I have a bit of a warning when almost to 10, and add in a cooldown so I don't get annoying messages. Overwhelm has a 10 sec CD so a cooldown of posting Tier 10 again (or 8 or 9 maybe for that matter) for 10 seconds might be ideal.

Do you know how to make the above message/pattern work for only Tiers 8/9/10? Or maybe three different alerts, one for each of those tiers, but other than the tier number they are basically the same?

8 = Insert in Message text box: BLEED tier %1
    And in pattern, insert: Guardian's Bleed - (.*.8) on (.*)

9 = Insert in Message text box: BLEED tier %1
    And in pattern, insert: Guardian's Bleed - (.*.9) on (.*)

10 = Insert in Message text box: BLEED tier %1
    And in pattern, insert: Guardian's Bleed - (.*.10) on (.*)

That look right?

*Edit*

Verified the above works, here is a screenshot of my setting for Tier 10, then I just changed for Tier 8/9 as above to make it work for those. Thanks so much for your help with this, I know zero about LUA and their syntax, but it somewhat makes sense now.

http://imgur.com/a/i0UMm
    Last edited by mattspencer; Jul 27 2017 at 12:11 AM.

^ embedded image:

Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

After seeing the alert log from mattspencer, I verified that it is the "-" character that is causing the parse issue. Simply escaping it with a "%" sign makes the trigger pattern a bit simpler. I also elimated the captures as you are using distinct alerts for each tier so the extra captures are inefficient. So, for Tier 10, you can use:
    Pattern: Guardian's Bleed %- 10

For Tier 9, use:
    Pattern: Guardian's Bleed %- 9

etc.

If you want to use the same alert for tiers 1-9 just displaying the different tier, you can use:
    Pattern: Guardian's Bleed %- (%d)
    which will capture the single digit tier. Note, you still need the separate alert for tier 10 since it has a different response. This only works because the exception is two digits (10) and won't match the single digit pattern. However, this will display for ALL tiers 1-9. There is currently a bug in Alerter that prevents testing the captured value to suppress the alert. If that bug gets fixed, you could use this method to display only tiers 7,8,9 etc.

EDIT since the bug fix will likely not get published for a long time, you can fix your local copies of Alerter by changing the following two lines in main.lua
    Code:
    change line 2302 from
    									local userFunc,error=loadstring("return function(self,args,captures) "..Alerts[tmpIndex][29].." end");
    to
    									local userFunc,error=loadstring("return function(self,args) "..Alerts[tmpIndex][29].." end");

and change line 2315 from
    										success,result=pcall(userFunc,args);
    to
    										success,result=pcall(userFunc,Alerts[tmpIndex],args2);
    that will give the trigger snippet access to the captures. You can suppress the unwanted alerts by then adding the following snippet in the Trigger Lua text:
    Code:
    local retVal=true;
    if args~=nil and args.captures~=nil and args.captures[1]~=nil and tonumber(args.captures[1])<8 then retVal=false end
    return retVal
    That will allow you to use the above pattern for tiers 1-9 but only generate an alert for tiers 8 and 9. If you want to display the alert for tier 7 as well, just change the value in the Trigger Lua snippet.
    Last edited by Garan; Jul 27 2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added code tags to eliminate spurios spaces in source lines

Is there a way to get it to report something like:

Overwhelm %1

Where %1 is _only_ the name of the mob and not the "for 4,066 Beleriand damage to Morale." part?

Right now, using the pattern of "Guardian's Bleed %- 10 on (.*)" similar to what Matt is doing will give me:

Overwhelm Nornúan for 4,066 Beleriand damage to Morale.

in my alert.

I just want it to say Overwhelm (mob name) with nothing else. Can you exclude the rest of the line from "for" on?
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Is there a way to get it to report something like:

Overwhelm %1

Where %1 is _only_ the name of the mob and not the "for 4,066 Beleriand damage to Morale." part?

Right now, using the pattern of "Guardian's Bleed %- 10 on (.*)" similar to what Matt is doing will give me:

Overwhelm Nornúan for 4,066 Beleriand damage to Morale.

in my alert.

I just want it to say Overwhelm (mob name) with nothing else. Can you exclude the rest of the line from "for" on?
    If you are referring to Alerter, the capture in your pattern is matching "one or more characters" at the end of the string after " on " so it gets everything. Change it to something like:
    Guardian's Bleed %- 10 on (.*) for .*
    to capture "one or more characters after " on " and before " for " followed by one or more characters.

Thanks! Works perfectly!