We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 97
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    Because no freep has ever abused the 10 sec log out timer ever.

    The issue with lotro is not creep morale
    It definitely shouldn't have been the "fix"

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    Because no freep has ever abused the 10 sec log out timer ever.

    The issue with lotro is not creep morale
    I'm not saying they didn't, but it's just a lot easier on creep because of those morale pools. I'm just stating what i've seen since the morale increase and it is worse than before. I get like 5 cases a week at least and i don't even play that much (admittedly it's mostly the same persons doing it).

    I'm not the kind of person that's gonna rage over stuff like this, it just makes me chuckle. Never hurts to point out that this is a broken mechanic though.

  3. #28
    Prior to U17, freep heals were, and still are, really OP. This is what should have been fixed with a nerf on heals when entering the Moors. Instead, they compensated for the ridiculous potency of freep heals by raising creep morale to equally ridiculous levels. A few weeks ago, I was in a 1v1 with a reaver that was spamming wrath, so I was spamming heals without a single blue trait in my build. The fight ended after about 5 minutes when he used DR. I looked in combat analysis, and saw I'd put just over 400k damage on him, and he'd put 217k damage on me. That's beyond absurd healing!!! But with Turbine's 'fix', they sort of baked the 'heals' problem into the cake.

    Now the situation is...... A well-played, ranked creep can get more than 1k dps or more per second on me if they're doing decent DPS. That means if I use no heals, I've got 35 seconds or less to burn through anywhere from 90k to 120k morale. That's still manageable if I have a good run at a creep with 90k morale, but there's no way I'm going to burn through 120k morale, or even 110k morale, in lightening, in 35 seconds or less.... that is, without the RNG crit Gods behind me every step of the way and with some OP help It just ain't gonna happen.

    That's what I mean when I say they sort of baked the problem into the cake, because now at the higher creep morale levels, I need to use heals to stay alive for more than 35 seconds to have a chance to burn through all that bloated morale. And classes on both sides that don't have OP heals really got sclewed.

    Casinoari R15 RK
    Malakorou R9 Defiler
    Last edited by Nouri; Feb 05 2016 at 05:30 PM.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    Prior to U17, freep heals were, and still are, really OP. This is what should have been fixed with a nerf on heals when entering the Moors. Instead, they compensated for the ridiculous potency of freep heals by raising creep morale to equally ridiculous levels. A few weeks ago, I was in a 1v1 with a reaver that was spamming wrath, so I was spamming heals without a single blue trait in my build. The fight ended after about 5 minutes when he used DR. I looked in combat analysis, and saw I'd put just over 400k damage on him, and he'd put 217k damage on me. That's beyond absurd healing!!! But with Turbine's 'fix', they sort of baked the 'heals' problem into the cake.

    Now the situation is...... A well-played, ranked creep can get more than 1k dps or more per second on me if they're doing decent DPS. That means if I use no heals, I've got 35 seconds or less to burn through anywhere from 90k to 120k morale. That's still manageable if I have a good run at a creep with 90k morale, but there's no way I'm going to burn through 120k morale, or even 110k morale, in lightening, in 35 seconds or less.... that is, without the RNG crit Gods behind me every step of the way and with some OP help It just ain't gonna happen.

    That's what I mean when I say they sort of baked the problem into the cake, because now at the higher creep morale levels, I need to use heals to stay alive for more than 35 seconds to have a chance to burn through all that bloated morale. And classes on both sides that don't have OP heals really got sclewed.

    Casinoari R15 RK
    Malakorou R9 Defiler
    This exactly. After spending some time roaming on LM for the first time in U17, I found myself having to use WL far more than I ever did before. Turbine balanced things around heal-spamming freeps, so non heal-spammers are forced into a playstyle that they don't like.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Grams Rock - Complaining!
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    It definitely shouldn't have been the "fix"
    I agree 100%, the "fix" as you say is terrible. But we have that as turbine cannot do much else. There is alot wrong with this game when it come to just PVP, morale is definatly not the main issue we have.

  6. #31
    Id think its good idea for a while to hold our horses.

    For few days now, creeps that made playing in moors more or less no fun at all, have been missing from action all together.
    The ones that are left are the usual the good the bad and the ugly, and put up a good fight.
    It seems something outside the designed game content was present and is now removed.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    morale is definatly not the main issue we have.
    Lag > all.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    it's really fun to play as a solo underdog
    this was particularly difficult to read

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    this was particularly difficult to read
    I can only assume your potential reasoning is the realm of some sort of troll-like response.

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttaker View Post
    We're all fighting the game more than we're fighting other players anyway. The real pvp is on these forums!
    Now ain't that the truth?
    "Beware of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,
    Bear ’t that th' opposed may beware of thee."
    - Polonius (Hamlet, Act 1, scene iii)

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    I can only assume your potential reasoning is the realm of some sort of troll-like response.
    No, it's actually pretty well reasoned. It's just a pretty big joke that you think burglars are disadvantaged in some sort of way and how easily people take perma-stealth classes for granted. Insinuating burglars or freeps in general on any class is an underdog is pretty disingenuous, especially given you typically only play one side of this game.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    No, it's actually pretty well reasoned. It's just a pretty big joke that you think burglars are disadvantaged in some sort of way and how easily people take perma-stealth classes for granted. Insinuating burglars or freeps in general on any class is an underdog is pretty disingenuous, especially given you typically only play one side of this game.
    People may get ganked by a burglar, or maybe even assume that the burglar is not disadvantaged in some sort of way due to their ability to stealth around etc. Perhaps they have even seen or played a burglar at some point in LOTRO's history and are letting those assumptions hinder current knowledge. However, without knowing who you are, I might question the depth you have played a burglar in recent LOTRO. While in open-field pvp, the burg may be slightly less disadvantaged (still probably more disadvantaged than any other class except hunter), the limitations of the class become glaringly evident in 1v1 circles and situations where creeps can trait to specifically counter our damage, etc. Moreover, Ark is predominately Creep heavy, as evidenced by an almost unwavering outnumbered buff during US primetime. I would say that playing one of the most disadvantaged classes solo, one that has marginal survivability, little heals, and doing so on a server that is dominated by the opposing faction, constitutes going against the odds in a disadvantaged time in LOTRO for burglars. So again, I still assume your response is fueled by troll-like motives.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    the limitations of the class become glaringly evident in 1v1 circles and situations where creeps can trait to specifically counter our damage, etc.
    So basically, Burglars limitations become glaringly obvious to the uninitiated when you sit at a 1v1 circle and fight someone specifically traited against you which occurs in world PvP exactly 0% of the time. I mean...ignoring the obvious and blatant hyperbole, you can't actually be serious can you? that sort of exaggeration could be made for any class and borders on rhetoric.

    I've played Burglar since early book 12 in SOA, but it has only been ranked to 9 as it is pretty linear and boring over longer periods of time. I still log it in to fool around with now and then, but don't have the desire to gear out a 3rd toon with the current grind. Even so it isn't exactly rocket science. Just because you can't chain heal to full you aren't disadvantaged because other classes (wardens, guardians, captains, etc) can.

    Ark being creep heavy is irrelevant to the discussion, for classes like warg or burglar it's simply more fights/targets to pick and choose from unless you're actually slow enough to camp a map spot, get mapped in on and then complain when you inevitably die.
    Last edited by Thorandril; Feb 08 2016 at 03:44 PM.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    So basically, Burglars limitations become glaringly obvious to the uninitiated when you sit at a 1v1 circle and fight someone specifically traited against you which occurs in world PvP exactly 0% of the time. I mean...ignoring the obvious and blatant hyperbole, you can't actually be serious can you? that sort of exaggeration could be made for any class and borders on rhetoric.

    I've played Burglar since early book 12 in SOA, but it has only been ranked to 9 as it is pretty linear and boring over longer periods of time. I still log it in to fool around with now and then, but don't have the desire to gear out a 3rd toon with the current grind. Even so it isn't exactly rocket science. Just because you can't chain heal to full you aren't disadvantaged because other classes (wardens, guardians, captains, etc) can.

    Ark being creep heavy is irrelevant to the discussion, for classes like warg or burglar it's simply more fights/targets to pick and choose from unless you're actually slow enough to camp a map spot, get mapped in on and then complain when you inevitably die.
    The path I was on is stating that when the opposition is at its max capacity, the burg's weaknesses become more evident. There are plenty of creeps who trait phys mit out in the open. Plenty. I was just referring to situations off the top of my head which our weaknesses get pulled out very quickly. Self-heals are extremely relevant to the current pvp situation. I don't see how someone could even argue that with a straight face. If you roamed as a solo burg on a creep dominated server as of this last update, I think you would almost have to agree with me. You won't always be able to get things down in the few seconds it takes group members/raids to get to the location of your toon. While the best (or above average) players on burgs may function fine, I don't think you could argue that those same best players on a warden, guardian, minny, etc. would be that much more well off.

    Are you on Ark? I am assuming so since you felt the need to call me out on my prior statement. If so, who are you? I am sure I can scrounge up some situations for your burglar that you might not succeed in, that your other toons might.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    Moreover, Ark is predominately Creep heavy, as evidenced by an almost unwavering outnumbered buff during US primetime.


    Real question here - How does creep population have an impact on burgs? If this is a problem now, how did you manage on E?

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    Real question here - How does creep population have an impact on burgs? If this is a problem now, how did you manage on E?
    How does it not? You literally do not believe that a greater number of opposing players might somehow impact the play of someone on the other faction....and a solo player at that? C'mon now, this is becoming more and more like my original statement.....trolling motives.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    How does it not? You literally do not believe that a greater number of opposing players might somehow impact the play of someone on the other faction....and a solo player at that? C'mon now, this is becoming more and more like my original statement.....trolling motives.
    It was an actual question not troll. You seem to have a very hard time discussing your opinions and turn to deflection or hyperbole.

    And no, I do not believe creep population has much impact on someone who says he solos away from the raids/zergs AND has the ability to permanently stealth and chose ideal fights.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    It was an actual question not troll. You seem to have a very hard time discussing your opinions and turn to deflection or hyperbole.

    And no, I do not believe creep population has much impact on someone who says he solos away from the raids/zergs AND has the ability to permanently stealth and chose ideal fights.
    I also mentioned tempering your expectations a bit. Obviously the zerg is real. That's something all soloers should be accustomed to dealing with. That's direct evidence of numbers affecting gameplay. If you shove 200 people in a zone, it's likely to have more of an effect than if you place 50 in that same zone. I don't see how anyone could debate that. You pick your fights wisely, that doesn't mean it always works out. It also doesn't mean you don't get some kills and have a blast. I'm being called out for saying a relatively disadvantaged (most would agree aside from these forum heros) class played in a solo manner is taking the "underdog" role. It's like people scour the forums and look for any way to call someone out. I also don't know who you are, but roll a burg and come try it out. I'm sure I can prove your conceptions wrong.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    The path I was on is stating that when the opposition is at its max capacity, the burg's weaknesses become more evident.


    Do you know what hyperbole is? My entire point was that encountering someone traited at max capacity is both unrealistic and grasping. I could just as easily say Burglars are the easiest class freepside because who needs heals if you stack 80k mastery and burst down pretty much anything other than a warleader in the duration of a chain stun/daze. But it isn't typical seeing players who are both well geared or well played and far simpler to refer to lowest common denominator.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post

    You won't always be able to get things down in the few seconds it takes group members/raids to get to the location of your toon. While the best (or above average) players on burgs may function fine, I don't think you could argue that those same best players on a warden, guardian, minny, etc. would be that much more well off.
    And yet, burglars as a class are still the best suited to doing so and escaping unscathed. The only two other classes in that category of unrealistic damage would be hunters and runekeepers, and they're basically roaming infamy sacs by themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    Are you on Ark? I am assuming so since you felt the need to call me out on my prior statement. If so, who are you? I am sure I can scrounge up some situations for your burglar that you might not succeed in, that your other toons might.
    Yes, but only my champion which is geared and my healing RK which is semi geared are here (Isindar and other variations)


    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    I don't see how anyone could debate that.
    because other than lag population is entirely irrelevant to class strength in a discussion about class strength (or relative class strength) and has absolute zero bearing. Price of tea in china and whatnot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    I'm being called out for saying a relatively disadvantaged (most would agree aside from these forum heros)
    I haven't seen anyone agree actually, and that includes players I know who main burglars and have in the past. You're being called out because I think it's humorous that you think you're disadvantaged and barely any of your reasons even relate to the discussion. I'm sure others will chime in with similar opinions, and I'm similarly eager to see who else shares your opinions and why. Burglar's in the strongest spot it's been in since HD release, you don't even need to swap for extraneous legacies like trick range anymore, it just feels like everyone has unrealistic expectations because they aren't a warden or guardian (but at least they aren't a hunter)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    class played in a solo manner is taking the "underdog" role.
    That's simply a matter of opinion, Burglars by themselves ungrouped are playing to their strengths when solo seeing as playing in a group would render you unstealthed far more often than not and far easier to kill. They're actually one of the easiest classes to kill in group PvP.
    Last edited by Thorandril; Feb 08 2016 at 04:49 PM.

  20. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    because other than lag population is entirely irrelevant to class strength in a discussion about class strength (or relative class strength) and has absolute zero bearing. Price of tea in china and whatnot.


    I haven't seen anyone agree actually, and that includes players I know who main burglars and have in the past. You're being called out because I think it's humorous that you think you're disadvantaged and barely any of your reasons even relate to the discussion. I'm sure others will chime in with similar opinions, and I'm similarly eager to see who else shares your opinions and why.


    That's simply a matter of opinion, Burglars by themselves ungrouped are playing to their strengths when solo seeing as playing in a group would render you unstealthed far more often than not and far easier to kill. They're actually one of the easiest classes to kill in group PvP.
    Your first point is entirely untrue, except for the lag. Population affects everything. Tell me who you are, and we'll go find some situations in which population might affect your gameplay or the ability to function as a solo player. 6 wargs spam tracking is a lot different than 0 wargs tracking. Infinite number of situations can be described. What you all fail to really realize is that I may not always be talking about my own gameplay when I talk about the burg being disadvantaged. I have adapted, and I am relatively successful in my solo play. If you look back at what you are calling me out on....it's a description to a fellow LOTRO player who was interested in adapting a more solo-oriented playstyle......something the entire community can benefit from. Any attempt to reduce the zerg is a good one in my opinion.

    Your second point is likely a smallish sample size. Players in the past are completely irrelevant as I'm sure the pvp situation is quite different than it was 2 or 4 years ago, or even since the recent creep boost. The inability to take in new information when formulating opinions is being extremely short-sighted. There are numerous threads on the burg forum and Turbine suggestion forum etc of burglars feeling neglected, underpowered, etc. Again, that doesn't have much to do with how I feel about my toon. I have stated several times that I have adapted and have had a moderate amount of success in doing so. However, you need to consider the masses when looking at whether a class might be disadvantaged or not. On average, the burglar is in a more difficult spot than the average minstrel, etc. That's evidenced by many factors, including the number of burgs in the moors currently.

    I somewhat agree that playing ungrouped provides an advantage over constantly being unstealthed. However, you might also have healers who can keep you alive much longer than a solo burg could achieve on his or her own......especially since solo fights are rare (again, due in part to population). This is now more true than ever as freeps are stacking heals to combat the heal increase and influx of defilers following the recent update. You mention that they are the easiest to kill in group pvp. I believe that's partially proving my point true in itself. Lack of survivability, lack of self-heals, etc.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    Prior to U17, freep heals were, and still are, really OP. This is what should have been fixed with a nerf on heals when entering the Moors. Instead, they compensated for the ridiculous potency of freep heals by raising creep morale to equally ridiculous levels. A few weeks ago, I was in a 1v1 with a reaver that was spamming wrath, so I was spamming heals without a single blue trait in my build. The fight ended after about 5 minutes when he used DR. I looked in combat analysis, and saw I'd put just over 400k damage on him, and he'd put 217k damage on me. That's beyond absurd healing!!! But with Turbine's 'fix', they sort of baked the 'heals' problem into the cake.

    Now the situation is...... A well-played, ranked creep can get more than 1k dps or more per second on me if they're doing decent DPS. That means if I use no heals, I've got 35 seconds or less to burn through anywhere from 90k to 120k morale. That's still manageable if I have a good run at a creep with 90k morale, but there's no way I'm going to burn through 120k morale, or even 110k morale, in lightening, in 35 seconds or less.... that is, without the RNG crit Gods behind me every step of the way and with some OP help It just ain't gonna happen.

    That's what I mean when I say they sort of baked the problem into the cake, because now at the higher creep morale levels, I need to use heals to stay alive for more than 35 seconds to have a chance to burn through all that bloated morale. And classes on both sides that don't have OP heals really got sclewed.

    Casinoari R15 RK
    Malakorou R9 Defiler
    This man has been in the moors for years and knows what he is talking about.

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    However, without knowing who you are, I might question the depth you have played a burglar in recent LOTRO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    Are you on Ark? I am assuming so since you felt the need to call me out on my prior statement. If so, who are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorandril View Post
    only my champion which is geared and my healing RK which is semi geared are here (Isindar and other variations)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    Tell me who you are, and...


    Or do you just post?

    _______________

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    when the opposition is at its max capacity, the burg's weaknesses become more evident.
    Is this not true for any class, whether Freep or Creep? Missing the insightful point here...

    _______________

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    People may ... even assume that the burglar is not disadvantaged in some sort of way due to their ability to stealth around etc. Perhaps they have even seen or played a burglar at some point in LOTRO's history and are letting those assumptions hinder current knowledge. However ... I might question the depth you have played a burglar in recent LOTRO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    I don't see how someone could even argue that with a straight face. ... I think you would almost have to agree with me. ... I don't think you could argue that ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    I don't see how anyone could debate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    What you all fail to really realize is ... The inability to take in new information when formulating opinions is being extremely short-sighted. ... However, you need to consider...
    It must be hard knowing how right you are and that the world just can't seem to understand. :/

    _______________

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    There are numerous threads on the burg forum and Turbine suggestion forum etc of burglars feeling neglected, underpowered, etc.
    There are also numerous threads including posts with opinions holding that leveling a character in LOTRO is difficult, that wardens need more damage, that spiders need more CC, etc. Shall we add the story of the neglected, underpowered burg to this list?

    _______________

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    most would agree aside from these forum heros
    Would most of these people who'd agree with you be those posting that LOTRO is difficult, that wardens need more damage, that spiders need more CC, etc.? Looking forward to "most" contributing to this thread and supporting your viewpoint.

    Incidentally, what makes a forum hero? Disagreement with your point of view? Or something more demanding?

    _______________


    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    I would say that playing one of the most disadvantaged classes solo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    If you roamed as a solo burg ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    ....and a solo player at that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    That's something all soloers should be accustomed to dealing with. ... You pick your fights wisely, that doesn't mean it always works out. ... I'm being called out for saying a relatively disadvantaged ... class played in a solo manner is taking the "underdog" role. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    I have adapted, and I am relatively successful in my solo play. If you look back at what you are calling me out on....it's a description to a fellow LOTRO player who was interested in adapting a more solo-oriented playstyle......something the entire community can benefit from. Any attempt to reduce the zerg is a good one in my opinion. ... you might also have healers who can keep you alive much longer than a solo burg could achieve on his or her own...
    Not grouping with other people is not the same thing as "solo." For example, someone below might say "I attended by myself" but that doesn't really mean the person is alone. Might toot your own horn a little less on this point?



    _______________

    Not even going to address the issue of burglar being a disadvantaged class, but this has been a lovely thread. Thank you sincerely to all participants.


  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Chodelet View Post
    1. Isindar obviously edited his post after I quoted and responded (see quoted post before his edits).....so I think that meme might better apply to yourself, unfortunately.

    https://media3.giphy.com/media/e2QYPpUe8WmpG/giphy.gif

    2. Your point could be true for any class yes, but it is glaringly more evident for burglars. If you spend some time at 1v1 circles where creeps may tailor specs a bit more to individual fights (than open field where it may not matter), you often see creeps traiting crit D/physical mits to counter champs etc. In these scenarios, the fight can become insanely lopsided against the burglar in a hurry.....when it creates more or less a more-balanced fight for the creep and the non-burg. Same situation with weavers etc. What they may do to create balanced fights with many freep classes can become an un-scalable wall for the burglar. I am now understanding that many of these people who do not play burg daily may not see this....or fail to acknowledge the situation, but it exists nonetheless. There's a slippery slope, and classes like the burg and hunter are teetering on the edge.

    3. "people who do not play burg daily may not see this....or fail to acknowledge the situation, but it exists nonetheless". https://media1.giphy.com/media/LpLd2NGvpaiys/200w.gif

    4. This becomes an even more clear issue when well-known, respected burgs in the community and throughout the forums start hanging up their toons and moving onto greener pastures. Again, on average, you can't tell me the minny, rk, guard, warden, beorning, cappy, and probably champ aren't better equipped to deal with the direction Turbine has been heading recently.

    5. I'd say stuff such as your post might qualify. But in general, the people scouring the forums looking to jump at anything anyone says. Keep in mind, this all started over a motivational post to a fellow burg who was interested in adapting a solo playstyle. Since all these people seem to know everything about me and my play (after only being back in-game for less than a year after 4 years away), I can only assume I have stirred some sort of anger in them, igniting these forum backlashes from simple posts. If you don't win at real pvp, bring it to the forums, I guess. https://media3.giphy.com/media/yA8HRFteUCTEA/giphy.gif

    6. Not even worth responding to really. Philosophy of what determines solo play.
    https://media0.giphy.com/media/2U56UcEcG7nQA/200w.gif

    Cheers for the comical Friday night.
    https://media0.giphy.com/media/bP2bOuWDpVM7C/giphy.gif
    Last edited by Hurtful; Feb 13 2016 at 02:44 AM.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    If you spend some time at 1v1 circles where creeps may tailor specs a bit more to individual fights
    When I used to 1v1 regularly on my freeps, I would switch out virtues and change my traitline to give me more resistance as well as other buff or debuffing skills needed for the particular creep I was fighting. I still fail to see how you are disadvantaged.


    4. This becomes an even more clear issue when well-known, respected burgs in the community and throughout the forums start hanging up their toons and moving onto greener pastures.
    This has more to do with inability to adapt to the changes and adapt to no longer having a crutch and less to do with any point you have already made

    I can only assume I have stirred some sort of anger in them, igniting these forum backlashes from simple posts.
    I'll give you that; you have figured out how to bait people. Unfortunately you really believe in what you are saying. BTW Kevin Bacon is in footloose.

    If you don't win at real pvp, bring it to the forums, I guess.
    Or hide in stealth until your target has 10% morale left.

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    When I used to 1v1 regularly on my freeps, I would switch out virtues and change my traitline to give me more resistance as well as other buff or debuffing skills needed for the particular creep I was fighting. I still fail to see how you are disadvantaged.




    This has more to do with inability to adapt to the changes and adapt to no longer having a crutch and less to do with any point you have already made

    I'll give you that; you have figured out how to bait people. Unfortunately you really believe in what you are saying. BTW Kevin Bacon is in footloose.



    Or hide in stealth until your target has 10% morale left.

    1. Of course. We all do that, but there's only so much you can change. I am currently fighting a warg who simply retraited a bit and the fight has become a 50k morale swing. That's something freeps cannot do, and other freep classes might be able to balance with a dab of heals or whatever. Burgs don't have many luxuries to counter stuff like this. This merry-go-round could go on forever, but it's time to get off.

    2. That's probably somewhat true. But any logical person can assume it's at least partially due to the points I am making.

    3. I may pop out and steal a kb from time to time. Believe it or not, I only tend to do that to people who have short fuses and get abnormally angry at a death in a video game. I let plenty of people go, and have a mutual respect going with many of the regular solo creep players.

    BTW, I still don't know who you are. Care to share?

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload