We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Curious about LMs in Moors

What kind of gear is expected for a LM hitting 100 to pvp in Moors solo and what line is ideal as well as the pros for using either red or blue line. I am also interested in the stats required there.

Quote Originally Posted by thekane14 View Post
    What kind of gear is expected for a LM hitting 100 to pvp in Moors solo and what line is ideal as well as the pros for using either red or blue line. I am also interested in the stats required there.
    Blue line you dont really do any damage but you survive more then any other line , as for red its the way to go if group or solo following people around....

As for stats and gear me personally i worry about mits first and everything else after and then its up to you if you want to stack morale and lose dps or have dps with lower morale.

Honestly you'll probably get alot of different answers and ideas and none of them would be wrong so i guess trial and error

i would go yellow. it has nice burst and ignores mitigations. and CC is alway nice in the moors
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

all filthy healspammers

Blue line is easy, and nearly impossible to die to anything. Yellow offers a few things, but honestly red is the way to go. You have the option for a Red/Blue for better survivability, or red/yellow for some fun CC/Damage options. I suggest checking out the LM sub-forum.

LM is pretty meh imo unless you're running Yellow and reliably have a group.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    LM is pretty meh imo unless you're running Yellow and reliably have a group.
    I disagree completely. Red/Blue hybrid is great in the moors, even solo. I do fine against everything except a warg who knows how to cut animations and can interrupt virtually all inductions.

In fact, other than Insult to Injury, yellow line is simply to anemic to be effective.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Schmartone Burg // (Anor)

Allow me to qualify my post then...

considering soloing is totally stupid and pointless*

I simply meant DPS LM isn't desirable in a group, and Yellow line LM requires a reasonably sized group to shine.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    Allow me to qualify my post then...

considering soloing is totally stupid and pointless*

I simply meant DPS LM isn't desirable in a group, and Yellow line LM requires a reasonably sized group to shine.
    Soloing isn't pointless and I enjoy it when not in prime-time, so since we don't see eye to eye on the basic premise any analysis we both have will also serve to just polarize us.

That said, when I group the groups I travel in ask me to be in red line. Heck, the devs have degenerated this game into a dps race anyway. CC is largely broken, diminishing returns (that only work on creepside) make traiting yellow a marginally good decision. Help me understand what a yellow LM can do for a group that makes this line better in that situation. Maybe I am missing something here. I'm not trying to be a troll, I do want to understand.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini < RETIRED // ACTIVE > Ursamajor Beorn // Babayaga LM // Schmartone Burg // (Anor)

My buddy uses player crafted gear and enjoys the hell out of it.

Your mileage will vary.
    --Fomites Trenchfoot, R7 Burg, Knights of Amon Sul
    --Yaril Verklemptimous, R5 Weaver, Burglars Anonymous

Lag-masters may no longer be coveted for their DPS, CCs, or heals

but they are needed for one thing....

frying the processors of the hapless mortals who behold their resplendent Lagning Storms. If you then combo with a Ring of Fire, legends say you could even crash the wooden servers Turbine uses to host their game.

Most LMs play red nowadays, and I guess it's quite good. You can trait red-yellow and get the ancient craft bonus for lightining storm (+ the better heals on the way), and you have fire shield which I hear is very OP.

Yellow (offspec red) is the most fun line to play imo, but also the most difficult. You rely alot (or completely) on adding injury and lightning storm. It can be hard to get AI off 1v1, especially because of broken diminishing returns (+ you sort of rely on it to crit). Yellow is the line with the biggest potential for amazing sweet burst tho, more than many classes can do if you go on a build with good mastery.
    In 2v2 or more if you group with a class that can stun and you are coordinated AI is very easy to do.
    I prefer it in small action than red, AI in group with mini is easier + LS when a target (or more) is low = defi heals ignored and kb is yours.
    I'm still trying to master it in spars. I play red way less but I still find it easier versus most classes.

I would go blue. But then again I don't know blue much.

I know it's been about 6 months since this thread, but I'm curious if anyone is still running with audacity gear??

Or has everyone transitioned to essence gear at this point even for moors?

I have max comms sitting and waiting to be used, but it doesn't look like they'll get any use at this point...or will it?

Cheers!

-JCAG

Quote Originally Posted by JCAG View Post
    I know it's been about 6 months since this thread, but I'm curious if anyone is still running with audacity gear??

I have max comms sitting and waiting to be used, but it doesn't look like they'll get any use at this point...or will it?

Cheers!

-JCAG
    Group:
    If i have chance to get 4 pcs Yellow LM greater armour from T2C raid, then i should say 4+2moors essences.
    That is awsome set bonus, with + 3WL pulses more and 4 pcs bonus = every one minute you can use SI twice in a row = SI your healer and yourself/or another player in group.

Solo:
    If solo then i should go for 2 yellow LM raid greater armour + 2 blue greater raid(+5percent inc.buff vs BA is very good against inc.healing debuff) + 2moors
    Or 2 yellow for +3WL pulses + 2 red greater for +10percent fire dmg + 2moors.

Result:
    For sure lots LMs are still running with some moors gear i think.
    But for LM with SI him/herself is audacity near not needed, unless when you riding horse and spider or warg jump on you.
    2 pcs armour = -30percent CC duration, which is ok for LM i think.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAG View Post

Cheers!

-JCAG
    I run in aud gear, but basicly because other armor doesn't drop for me and I gave up the epic turbine farm. In an ideal world where gear is reachable I would run about like Elgrind says. So if you have the essence gear, don't spend the comms on much aud armor.

For trolling mod you go blue line with that gear which gives +3 WL pulse so you become a tank

For group you wear that 2 ToO gear which resets LI so you can spam oneshoting creeps

For solo you camp HH and wait r0 comes !

Quote Originally Posted by Assasiny View Post
    For trolling mod you go blue line with that gear which gives +3 WL pulse so you become a tank

For group you wear that 2 ToO gear which resets LI so you can spam oneshoting creeps

For solo you camp HH and wait r0 comes !
    where an elf LM is very handy stealth ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Aineas. View Post
    where an elf LM is very handy stealth ftw
    yeah ! but that 30 min CD is riddiculous, it should be something like 5 mins. and 10 min CD for the evade skill from valar

Quote Originally Posted by Assasiny View Post
    yeah ! but that 30 min CD is riddiculous, it should be something like 5 mins. and 10 min CD for the evade skill from valar
    true, I agree but it would make it op just a bit haha

Quote Originally Posted by Aineas. View Post
    true, I agree but it would make it op just a bit haha
    OP is when you got a burg to share the fun
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

Wink

Loremasters are fanstastic solo if you know how to play and have good movement. I play mine underlevel, still 100, and do just fine. Of course, I die a lot.
    Third Marshal Rubicon Guardian ~ Third Marshal Raae Minstrel
    Commander Danceswithwargs Reaver ~ Taskmaster Whiskeytangofoxtrot Spider
    Commander Verkaufsschlacker Lore-master ~ Lieutenant Rivaalan Hunter
    ~ No Mercy ~