We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Star lit Crystals/Delving Before or After Imbue?

been on a break, i just wanted to confirm/ get more info

Star lit Crystals/Delving Before or After Imbue?

i already did delv scroll

i haven't imbued yet

in the beginning, it was better to do everything before.
    after some fixes, there should no longer be any difference in the result.
    so, do it, whenever you like to.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Star lit crystals: better BEFORE the Imbue, but not critical. It is mostly important for perfectionists who like to have absolutely maxed passive stats on the 2h LIs. The final difference will be really minor, like a few points of a stat or a few tens of morale points.

Scroll of Delving: much much better AFTER the Imbue. When you use it before - it effectively counts as one scroll of empowerment. When you use it after - it counts as 1 star lit crystal + 6 (or 7 if you unlocked the extra legacy) scrolls of empowerment. It is explained in the developer diary and it does work (last time I made a new LI a week ago and Scrolls of Delving still worked this way).
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Best source I have come across on the subject: http://rarebreed.guildlaunch.com//fo...mp;gid=233773#

In it the author states: "Assuming that you already have a maxed out FA LI (7 Tier 6 legacies, 3 Star-lit Crystals, and Scroll of Delving) and you want to max your Imbued Item on day one.. "

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Breeon View Post
    Best source I have come across on the subject: http://rarebreed.guildlaunch.com//fo...mp;gid=233773#

In it the author states: "Assuming that you already have a maxed out FA LI (7 Tier 6 legacies, 3 Star-lit Crystals, and Scroll of Delving) and you want to max your Imbued Item on day one.. "

Hope this helps!
    It is a great guide and the quoted part is correct. However for the new LIs it does give a wrong advice to use the scroll of Delving before the imbue. Since this guide is very popular, many players keep repeating this mistake.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    It is a great guide and the quoted part is correct. However for the new LIs it does give a wrong advice to use the scroll of Delving before the imbue. Since this guide is very popular, many players keep repeating this mistake.
    I myself am not there yet, so thank you!

What about raising tiers at level 40, 50, 60?

1. Is it better to max all legacy tiers to 6 before imbuement or does this not matter?

2. If answer is NO to above, is it not better to imbue after level 30 reforge and plough the 2 million ixp saved into the imbued item instead. This does mean the loss of 3 empowerment scrolls effectively which is 21 gold DA coins and 60 silver coins, but assuming you have no IXP in the bank it will cost you 80 DA silver coins anyways IXP and no ixp on item after imbuement if leveled to 60. This means the 2million ixp you have saved pre imbuement (item level 30) can be ploughed into the item post imbuement.

Or not leveling the item to 60 have an effect on the amount of starlit crystals you need post imbuement?

reforging at 40, 50, 60 only gives you the effect of one empowerment scroll. it its worth it, depends on if you have more runes or more scrolls
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

there was a discussion in /world some minutes ago.
    some said, the +1 on all attributes effect of scroll of delving has its effect also, if you use it before imbuing.
    if thats the case, delving before imbuing is better as it in addition to that gives +1 reforging.

so... who is right now? does it or does it not give +1 to all attributes if used before imbueing?

-> delving before or after imbueing?

Use a Delving after Imbueing, 100%. It will give +1 to every legacy, including the main DPS/Rating one.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    Use a Delving after Imbueing, 100%. It will give +1 to every legacy, including the main DPS/Rating one.
    Sorry for laughing out loud, but this just makes me laugh as it shows again Turbine doesn't update old systems and removes broken / conflicting issues, so we won't have these type of discussion anymore.
    Why don't they just make it impossible to Imbue a lvl 100 LI? So in other words make every level 100 already Imbued and with already 6 Legacies, so this is what Turbine will really like and that's that it will be more random and will use some more randomness. (haha Lord of the Gamblers Online)
    People already craft and destroy First Age Weapons, because the Passives don't fit their tastes, haha.
    What kind of Game is this becoming?! Hahaha, what a question? Is it "better" if I use Scroll of Delving before or after Imbuement? In other words, how can I exploit this stuff?

My goodnesss!!!

Edit: They didn't think of Imbued LIs when they introduced or developed the Trait Trees? I mean 3 different LIs for 3 different Trait-Lines in one class? Come on now, but they could use this to their advantage and make LIs for specific Trait-lines, sort of to simplify the randomness of the LIs and their Legacies and Passives? Just a thought... People don't like to be disappointed, no matter what or how small or how simple the disappointment is.
    Last edited by Pipo; Jan 27 2016 at 05:59 PM.

The system is EXTREMELY complicated imo, I honestly don't envy people who don't share my unhealthy degree of knowledge/familiarity with the game.

People need to look up and compare/contrast different iterations of the process to get all the relevant information...and most of it is not provided by some official source. What you can/should do in terms of Starlits/Devlings was not always the case, and there's Dev posts cautioning against it. You also need to do things like consider what legacies you want on your LI before you Imbue it, relative to what they will become after you Imbue it, be it outright changes to the functionality or secondary effects based on potentially dated sources. Turbine really should just let you pick all 6 of your legacies and passives when you identify an LI, with a formalized in game explanation of the process. Starting every LI imbued...might be a good idea for 105, but as is there are worthwhile legacies on un-Imbued LI you want for swap weapons and the like.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

If you use the scroll of delving before imbuing, you will get one higher max tier in each legacy (including the main legacy) when you do the imbue. If you do it after you imbue, the max tiers are raised when use the scroll of delving. So you end up the same whether you do it before or after.

If you do it before imbuing, you can get an extra reforge at 70/70. That gives you an extra upgrade of a single legacy, at the cost of 800,000 IXP to raise a FA LI from 60/60 to 70/70.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaleo View Post
    If you use the scroll of delving before imbuing, you will get one higher max tier in each legacy (including the main legacy) when you do the imbue. If you do it after you imbue, the max tiers are raised when use the scroll of delving. So you end up the same whether you do it before or after.

If you do it before imbuing, you can get an extra reforge at 70/70. That gives you an extra upgrade of a single legacy, at the cost of 800,000 IXP to raise a FA LI from 60/60 to 70/70.
    Exactly this. There's so much misleading stuff out there... what Michaleo posted is all you need to pay attention to.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Star lit crystals: better BEFORE the Imbue, but not critical. It is mostly important for perfectionists who like to have absolutely maxed passive stats on the 2h LIs. The final difference will be really minor, like a few points of a stat or a few tens of morale points.

Scroll of Delving: much much better AFTER the Imbue. When you use it before - it effectively counts as one scroll of empowerment. When you use it after - it counts as 1 star lit crystal + 6 (or 7 if you unlocked the extra legacy) scrolls of empowerment. It is explained in the developer diary and it does work (last time I made a new LI a week ago and Scrolls of Delving still worked this way).

Can anybody verify this information? I have my doubts that this is true. Things may have worked like this in the past, but AFAIK it now makes no difference whether you add the Star-lit Crystals before or after the imbue. The base stats on an imbued item grow with the tiers and exp of the base legacy (e.g. TDR on a weapon, or THR on a RK's satchel).

As for the Scroll of Delving (SoD), it boosts every legacy +1 whether you use it before or after imbue. So by using it after Crystal of Remembrance is applied you save a Scroll of Empowerment (SoE). By applying before imbue you get one extra reforge at lvl 70, which also saves a SoE. There may perhaps be an issue if you use the SoD on an item before imbue which already has all legacies maxxed out to tier 6. I don't think this is the case though, as some of my legacies were indeed at level 6, and they all progressed properly.

Edit: Thinking more about this, while some of my legacies were indeed tier 6 when imbued, none of them may have been tier 6 when delved. So there is the possibility that an LI delved before imbuement with legacies maxxed at 6, might not gain unlocks for those legacies that were maxxed. I could see the system working this way, although it seems contrary to the documentation. It's something that should be considered and tested.
    Last edited by Tarach; Mar 30 2016 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarach View Post
    Can anybody verify this information? I have my doubts that this is true. Things may have worked like this in the past, but AFAIK it now makes no difference whether you add the Star-lit Crystals before or after the imbue. The base stats on an imbued item grow with the tiers and exp of the base legacy (e.g. TDR on a weapon, or THR on a RK's satchel).

As for the Scroll of Delving (SoD), it boosts every legacy +1 whether you use it before or after imbue. So by using it after Crystal of Remembrance is applied you save a Scroll of Empowerment (SoE). By applying before imbue you get one extra reforge at lvl 70, which also saves a SoE. There may perhaps be an issue if you use the SoD on an item before imbue which already has all legacies maxxed out to tier 6. I don't think this is the case though, as some of my legacies were indeed at level 6, and they all progressed properly.

Edit: Thinking more about this, while some of my legacies were indeed tier 6 when imbued, none of them may have been tier 6 when delved. So there is the possibility that an LI delved before imbuement with legacies maxxed at 6, might not gain unlocks for those legacies that were maxxed. I could see the system working this way, although it seems contrary to the documentation. It's something that should be considered and tested.
    Yes, it does make a difference: Rune-stone (3 before) is 1367 morale and 4159 tactical mitigation. Contrary to my lore-master staff (all starlits after) there it is 1346 morale and 4106 tactical mitigation. (both weapons are completly maxed)