We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please announce Winter Festival will be extended two days past when the servers are working right?

Please announce Winter Festival will be extended two days past when the servers are working right?
    Not knowing if this will be done means we have to struggle through so much server mess trying to finish the deeds and such.

Announce this and we can just take a break and resume the festival once you have fixed the server problems.

I would imagine they'll push the end of the festival back once things get fixed.
    It may shut off at 3am tomorrow morning, but they'll probably just turn it back on once things are running smoothly.

I really hope it will be extended. Due to the hotfix today I wasn't able to finish today as planned. Since I am coming from the EU the downtime was really at the major play time.

Regard
    Liath

You are woried about festival when people in the moors cant move , get of a skill and bugged to hell ( freeps retreating and respawning in red keeps)
    Us Uruks are going to break out and kill you all,,if they ever fix the servers ( and burn your houses).

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jfdiogddsfsd View Post
    You are woried about festival when people in the moors cant move , get of a skill and bugged to hell ( freeps retreating and respawning in red keeps)
    Us Uruks are going to break out and kill you all,,if they ever fix the servers ( and burn your houses).
    Eheh! while fun and in character reply, one should still not insult anyoen esles preffered play-style or waht they enjoy.

I too am an old Ettens player from all the way back on Codemaster servers, still everyone are entitled to their play-style. I can acctually participate ion many different styles. Not all but many various styles and have fun.

Their Festival enjoyment is just as important as Your PvMP enjoyment, as raiders raid enjoyment etc. All play-styles are valid and no style should be more valued, rewarded, respected or disrespected another style. Everyone is a LoTRO Player and customer no matter what they preffer.

Peace Love
    or War Hate if You preffer, still respect to each other though, he he he !!!

I want to throw my name into the hat to. I am usually against extending festivals but, with 2 downtimes within 2 days especially on the last days of it, I think it wold only be fair for turbine to extend it at least y 2 days if not until next tuesday

Hipedully they do it

Especially the Yule festival is long enough, so personally I would not care for two days more or less. But especially two missing days at the end is a desaster Usually I wait til the end of the festival before I go to the barterer to see what I can afford. For me it would be sufficient, if the Yule Festival barterer start a branch office in Bree and/or Michel Delving, open 12 month/year (like some of these Christmas shops in the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Katerchen
    Especially the Yule festival is long enough, so personally I would not care for two days more or less. But especially two missing days at the end is a desaster Usually I wait til the end of the festival before I go to the barterer to see what I can afford.
    I think it's a disaster that there is a month-long event and people wait till the last days to get what they wanted.

Something comes up towards the end of the festival so people are not able to use the last few days. All these angry, whiney threads spring up, begging Turbine for an extension, demanding even. In full and complete honesty, if I were Turbine, I would feel I am being trolled.

What happens if something comes up in real life and you cant log on in the last days? Would you still nag Turbine about it?

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post
    Not knowing if this will be done means we have to struggle through so much server mess trying to finish the deeds and such.

Announce this and we can just take a break and resume the festival once you have fixed the server problems.
    I've asked the same thing yesterday and Frelorn replied this:

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    It is something we can talk about with the team tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coeprandua View Post
    I think it's a disaster that there is a month-long event and people wait till the last days to get what they wanted.
    For those who have social life the end of the year wasn't made for playing virtual festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulino View Post
    I've asked the same thing yesterday and Frelorn replied this:

For those who have social life the end of the year wasn't made for playing virtual festivals.
    Cant have your cake and eat it too.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by jfdiogddsfsd View Post
    Some people don't like the moors. Should they deem your preferred type of play as not worthy also? I don't seewWhy not, you seem to think their chosen type of play is not worth anything.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Something comes up towards the end of the festival so people are not able to use the last few days. All these angry, whiney threads spring up, begging Turbine for an extension, demanding even. In full and complete honesty, if I were Turbine, I would feel I am being trolled.

What happens if something comes up in real life and you cant log on in the last days? Would you still nag Turbine about it?
    What happens when the server goes down? People ask Turbine to bring it back up. We have 365 days a year to play with that, but being upset when it goes down is understandable. Same applies to those that enjoy their festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite View Post

If you have not done what you needed to do by this time dont blame Turbine..blame your lazy ###.............no sympathy....

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgarde View Post
    If you have not done what you needed to do by this time dont blame Turbine..blame your lazy ###.............no sympathy....
    They're not asking for your sympathy thankfully for them, they are asking Turbine for the two days they thought they had, that they didn't actually get, because of unintended downtime. It's not rocket science.

I can see where some say that the festive been on for a month and why have we not play it but some of us work right through Christmas and New Year. I work in a retail and the shop i work in open 24/7 so i only got Christmas day and boxing day off Christmas week. New year week I got new years day off, so the only time i can play is now and I can,t even do that just now as lotro broke so I for one would be very happy if the only time that i can play stays for a few days.

I think it is a good idea, to ask Turbine for the extension of the yule festival. I would appreciate it, if they will do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusiwusi View Post
    I think it is a good idea, to ask Turbine for the extension of the yule festival. I would appreciate it, if they will do this.
    I too am hoping for this as I was saving all my tokens until the end of the festival in case I got something I was gonna buy in a present.

On the first day of the festival I usually do not have enough festival coins to barter anything

Lets think.... no I would not. Because it is not in their responsibility if something comes up in my RL. But if the server goes down, it is their responsibility.

They shut it off at 0300 server time, about 25 minutes ago.

Would be lovely if they could extend it, most of the players couldnt made it after 2 days of massive disruptions cause of the implementation of the new hardware & software. Will be a bit unfair if turbine wont extend it. At least do it (Extend) for 1 day...A lot of disconnection issues plus the queue line to reconnect and the server disruptions...all that made the game unplayable since this monday
    Last edited by helgamarie2013; Jan 13 2016 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgarde View Post
    If we're talking about a few clothes cosmetics (which you only need one each of as you can share them) then I see your point to some extent but then on the other hand...

1) To use, or obtain, some of the cosmetics you need to grind out a lot of frostbluff quests and get tier 3 of the deed.

2) If you're saving your tokens for consumables like the essence removal scrolls you might be waiting to see how many you can get before you cash them in.

Quote Originally Posted by MourneBlade View Post
    They shut it off at 0300 server time, about 25 minutes ago.
    Yes, I saw that this morning.

I don't know how Turbine view the importance of this, but from where I'm sitting, there is an awful lot of unhappy people around atm. Maybe small gestures such as this one, would be a good way to help keep them here. Just saying.

Couldn't log in and play since Monday, plus there was a lot of downtime; now Brandywine is at least playable, even though not perfect yet. But the festival is now gone ;(
    Thanks for your hard work on upgrading and tuning up the servers! Please tell us once you are done you will give us a couple more days of Yule Festival! Us festival folks would greatly appreciate it!

Just look into his eyes. How can you deny him?

I'd imagine they're waiting until they get the servers more stable before turning the festival back on.
    More important fish to fry right now.

I do hope they turn the festival back on for those who did not get a chance to finish. Right now I'm concerned about the bonus XP weekend coming up for VIPs. My wife and I scheduled vacation days so we could spend four solid days playing. The way things are going, it looks like we may be spending four solid days dealing with lag, rubberbanding, long delays, and not being able to log in all our characters. Really gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling that I just re-upped my yearly sub.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast