We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New Data Center - confusion ????

Dear Turbine and Lotro players.

As you can see in the title this is about the new server hardware.

The question is simple, will we have real EU servers now, yes or no?

If no, Im done with this game for good, coming from swtor with 40ms compared to 140-170 really sucks!

I might have missed If this is already confirmed but been looking through many threads.. Look forward to your answers!

From my understanding, the EU servers are already set up somewhere in the EU(Amsterdam, maybe).
    So, yes. The EU servers will be located in Europe after they make the switch on Monday(barring any terrible problems that force another delay...).

I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV
    If your EU server goes down for the day, then probably. If not, then no. You probably are also getting some new hardware. If you're not, then since you can transfer to a different server... can I have your stuff?
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

Back in March it was announced that the new EU servers are located in Amsterdam. And yes, they are running on upgraded hardware, OS, database, etc as well.

source: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...54#post7335854

The only 'problem' is, there has been very few information if it's still their plan to move the servers to Amsterdam. I think all the testing for example was on the US-based servers. Some confirmation about this would (or a link with recent confirmation) would be nice
    Server: Evernight

Main: Thrabath - Champion - Lvl 105; Thramhir - Minstrel - Lvl 105

Quote Originally Posted by Thrabath View Post
    The only 'problem' is, there has been very few information if it's still their plan to move the servers to Amsterdam. I think all the testing for example was on the US-based servers. Some confirmation about this would (or a link with recent confirmation) would be nice
    why do you need a recet one. They have already said it and nothing has changed. It starts to come across as looking like you want to complain about something

The new servers for EU will be in EU Monday... they dont need to say the same things over and over just so people can understand.

They said it they havent changed it, thats enough confermation for most
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

I think servers are still in USA. Try e.q. command "/servertime" on chat, it is NOT any European time (I believe that command does not lie and shows time on that servers real time clock).

And 'ping' i.e. response time is same that it has been many years now. It is enough good for me.

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Markiel View Post
    I think servers are still in USA. Try e.q. command "/servertime" on chat, it is NOT any European time (I believe that command does not lie and shows time on that servers real time clock).

And 'ping' i.e. response time is same that it has been many years now. It is enough good for me.
    EU servers are still running oin the US until monday. Turbine has said they planned to put EU servers in Amsterdam
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

/sigh
    I'm not going to be bothered to look for it, but the EU server question was answered sometime over the pas 3-4 months.
    The new hardware is already in Amsterdam.
    You guys won't be running on that hardware until after Monday when they switch the servers over.

Someone get Vyv in here to confirm this so people will quit freaking out, please...

This was answered, in part, on Frelorn's Twitch stream today. http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/v/34098051 about 12 mins in.

Clearer information at 20:15 in the twitch.tv feed. . .

"This server move is moving everything that is in the current datacenter --which is close to us right now-- to our New Jersey datacenter. We're not going to try to do two simultaneous moves at the same time."

He then sorta riffs in an affable way so I'm not going to include that because the tone wouldn't be conveyed properly via text.

A couple minutes later. . .

"No, everything is going to move to New Jersey. Boston is going away. Everything is going, right now, to New Jersey. We're not going to be in two separate places, for now. It's easier to just move everything at once. And then, go from there."
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

So EU is not moving as of yet to Amsterdam. Disappointed tbh.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by yafga View Post
    Dear Turbine and Lotro players.

As you can see in the title this is about the new server hardware.

The question is simple, will we have real EU servers now, yes or no?

If no, Im done with this game for good, coming from swtor with 40ms compared to 140-170 really sucks!

I might have missed If this is already confirmed but been looking through many threads.. Look forward to your answers!
    From what I understand this move on monday is just to the new soft as well as hardware still within US, not the physical move to EU. That comes later or so we are to beleive anyway. Let's just wait and see. Noone official said that they will make EU move on monday. Never read too much into anything just because You want it to be so or You'll end up dissepointed many times in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    From what I understand this move on monday is just to the new soft as well as hardware still within US, not the physical move to EU. That comes later or so we are to beleive anyway. Let's just wait and see. Noone official said that they will make EU move on monday. Never read too much into anything just because You want it to be so or You'll end up dissepointed many times in life.
    Exactly. A post above your has some info from the Exec Prod.

Turbine wants to get everything moved out of the current colocation center and end that contract and its costs. Move everything to the new NA center in New Jersey and onto 64 bit servers.

They've been moving the database, which is the main effort, piecemeal over the last few months using database snapshots. The final one is only a fraction of the data, only the delta since the last weekly or monthly snapshot. The software is relatively static, since it only changes at an update. Won't be nearly as big an effort as the move from EU to NA was in 2011.

We'll see some performance improvement. Ain't gonna fix that portion of the lag caused by the architecture of the game engine, but it will reduce it. Will also improve network speed since NY/NJ area is a major internet hub. I live about 20 miles from the current servers. When I run a tracert to them I can see that my packets go from one side of Boston to another via New York City! Moving to NJ will halve my ping time. Bizarre, but good for me.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    We europeans players will problably see a little better performance, but still will suffer from important latency and peering problems .

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    why do you need a recet one. They have already said it and nothing has changed. It starts to come across as looking like you want to complain about something

The new servers for EU will be in EU Monday... they dont need to say the same things over and over just so people can understand.

They said it they havent changed it, thats enough confermation for most
    It wasn't without a reason... just check this stream: http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/v/34098051
    Server: Evernight

Main: Thrabath - Champion - Lvl 105; Thramhir - Minstrel - Lvl 105

It wasn't without a reason... just check this stream: http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/v/34098051

Alas I did and that is the first time anything has been changed about the EU servers. I think its sad that they are doing this and prolonging it and what not

Oh well
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    Seriously? Any chance a turbine employee can come here to confirm this rather than info from a middle of a twitch stream and at the same time give some time scale when it will be moving the servers to the EU?

US and EU moving to New Jersey on Monday

Just to confirm, yes on Monday all the US AND EU servers will move to the same datacenter in New Jersey. Further move dates are still to be determined. Due to contractual obligations and logistics it was a safer call to do it this way and then re-evaluate once more data is gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    Just to confirm, yes on Monday all the US AND EU servers will move to the same datacenter in New Jersey. Further move dates are still to be determined. Due to contractual obligations and logistics it was a safer call to do it this way and then re-evaluate once more data is gathered.
    Thanks for the reply, though it is disappointing

I actually don't get it, tbh. It was always mentioned the hardware in Amsterdam is set up and ready to go. And now it's said "it's safer not to move the EU servers to Amsterdam yet". Hm ...

So when do you guys plan to move EU to Amsterdam hardware?

So...all the constant talk of EU players getting better ping and servers in Amsterdam...was just complete bull?

I am utterly disappointed - the fact that we have only just now been told, despite players constantly asking if this was still happening or not.

We were basically lied to.

Surely you could have told us of this sooner? Rather than waiting 'til the last minute when many users were excited. Even something as simple as "we are unsure of the status of EU servers moving to a separate data center" would have gone VERY far.
    Last edited by Kenomica.; Jan 08 2016 at 10:37 AM.

This is very disappointing - but the most disappointing part is that this is only being revealed after someone had called it out, rather than keeping us up to date. Overpopulation is rife, particularly in the Ettenmoors on Evernight, and to be promised better ping and less skill lag, etc. and then to be told its going to delayed until an entirely unspecified time in the future? It hardly inspires confidence.

The trolls ingame are nothing compared to Turbine trolls. Again, gg wp, EU players waiting since 8 months or more, and its always 'next month' or 'next weeks' or 'before new year'. Disappointing, i wonder how can people still pay for this service.

If this is true this is a ###'ing joke.
    We were told that the servers where already in place and it was a software issue.
    Yet again EU customers are being #### on by Turbine liars.
    Lie after lie after lie.
    Can we get a Blue response from one of the Turbine liars?
    Data transfer excuse is just bullsh!t.
    Getting ready to unsub, had enough of this lying #### .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast