We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Arrow Vol. 2 Ed. 6 -- 10 February 2016 (page 1)

Grab a copy to share on your own Bulletin!

Please note: If any info is wrong in the traceroute guide, I blame the guides I pulled from. But seriously...tell me so I can fix it.

*OP*
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 09 2018 at 09:54 PM.

Arrow Vol. 2 Ed. 6 -- 10 February 2016 (page 2)

Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 09 2018 at 09:57 PM.

Post All Published.

Okies, Carriers! All up. Grab away, and hopefully no one finds a glaring error in the traceroute guide.

[EDIT: DONE--Putting the top fold guide up now.]

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REGARDING THE GUIDE:
    If I do need to fix anything in the guide, if I do not get the notice by 11am ST, I will not be near a computer again today until midnight or so.

If someone spots an error in that window of time, I will check this thread as soon as I get back tonight/tomorrow.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 10 2016 at 08:50 AM.

Wow, it's people like you who really fill this game with unique energy and passion. Love your work, I enjoy reading it. Keep it up!

-Aenise of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Neomoth View Post
    Wow, it's people like you who really fill this game with unique energy and passion. Love your work, I enjoy reading it. Keep it up!

-Aenise of Landroval
    Thankies for your note. It's most kind of you to take the time to let us know our work is both appreciated and being enjoyed. I will make sure to spread your note to the staff.

-Wellie

Post Spirit is willing, flesh is weak.

Apologies, but today's issue will go up late. Most likely after supper late.

Unexpected RL work came up yesterday, and today will have a bit more of the same, though hopefully not as much. (One of the reasons I am looking forward to late spring-- new job, more flexible schedule.) I tried to take a quick nap, but that didn't quite work.

I will do my level best to get the paper up when time allows, but in a manner that isn't riddled with hurried errors.

I ask for your patience and understanding.

I myself will not update the thread again until the paper layout is complete and ready for publishing. So folks who are subbed will know right away that it's done if you see my name in the list with a later time today.

If you get a notice, but you see the markers with pages missing, that will simply mean I'm in the process of pasting them up which won't take long at that point.

You take all the time you need, Gaming_Gal. You're doing absolutely fantastic.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Couldn't agree more--wonderful job, Wellie!!!

nice .

Arrow Vol. 2 Ed. 7 -- 17 February 2016 (page 1)

*OP*
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 10 2018 at 12:46 AM.

Arrow Vol. 2 Ed. 7 -- 17 February 2016 (page 2)

Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 10 2018 at 12:50 AM.

Post Just a head's up!

Sorry carriers! All up and ready to go.

I'm sure some folk are rightly confused that last week's edition is going up just after the midnight hour, server time when this week's edition is due today.

Long story short, my soon to be ex boss suddenly realized he has no replacement for me yet, and went into full on panic mode last week, laying on work for me to wrap up. (I think he fears I'll leave early, honestly, as this was a CRAZY amount of work for the first time ever, and most of it is stuff he kept pushing off.)

Unfortunately, I also confused some LL staffers as well, some thinking I'd just skip a week, then add whatever to the mix. So some of the usual weeklies will not be appearing in the edition that will be getting published later today. [Why, yes, I did just say there is another paper that will going up later today. I have my phone shut off, so no possible way to prevent this short of a power or internet outage. *knocks on wood* ]

I admit, I had debated skipping when I was trying to find a spare moment to work on the paper this weekend, but I would have had to scrap a lot of what I had managed to lay out, and...nope was my final decision.

I have to check some contact places now that I finally spotted (I think!) all the wrong page jumps from Ed. 7 to see the status of a few things, but there is a chance it will be a smaller paper as a result of my failure to communicate my intent to the staff overall. For that, I apologize to both staff and readers alike.

However, it will put us back on schedule, and I can tell you right now what will hold me up today is weeding through the Minstrel Classy Discussion chatlog from last Saturday trying to make it a coherent article. (We sure do digress all over the place during those! Yet they are so much fun.)

So thankies everyone for your patience. It means a LOT to me.

Oh, and if I haven't mentioned it...I'm still looking for a backup layout staff member or two or three or...

P.S. I have decided that if I do not find at least one other layout staff member within a few weeks of my move, I will definitely skip the move week. I will let folks know in advance--communication lesson learned in spades this last week.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 24 2016 at 02:29 AM.

Arrow Vol. 2 Ed. 8 -- 24 February 2016 (page 1)

*OP*
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 10 2018 at 01:13 AM.

Arrow Vol. 2 Ed. 8 -- 24 February 2016

Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 10 2018 at 01:17 AM.

Post Olly Olly, Oxen Free!

All pages up and ready for carriers.

Shorter as expected, but hopefully worth the wait.

Arrow Vol. 2 Ed. 9 -- 2 March 2016 (1)

*OP*
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 10 2018 at 01:38 AM.

Arrow Vol. 2 Ed. 9 -- 2 March 2016 (2)

Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 10 2018 at 01:40 AM.

Post Note to carriers

Small note to carriers: When I was trying to organize the Store Room, I had to relabel a shelf, and apparently this wreaked havoc (broke links), but I could not revert the label. So if you notice that last week's paper is suddenly missing from where you posted it, I am sorry to say you will need to pick up another copy to post up. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Now that I know this, I will not relabel shelves in the future!

Otherwise, all pages for this week are up!

Post notice

Have been waylaid battling the That Wasn't on the Schedule Boss (Elite).

Will get the paper up by tomorrow if not sooner.

Apologies for the delay.

When's the next issue?
    Give Me Southfarthing or Give Me Death, Turbine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e01000027fa65/signature.png]Blagrogat[/charsig]

Everythings OK Wellie ?

Laalath and I have been wondering where you were and hope everything is going well for you!

(No rush on the next issue, we just want to know you are okay ).

Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Shryakaw View Post
    When's the next issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrock View Post
    Everythings OK Wellie ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Laalath and I have been wondering where you were and hope everything is going well for you!

(No rush on the next issue, we just want to know you are okay ).
    Hello everyone!

To make a long story short: I'm fine, and thankies to everyone who has asked here and elsewhere.

I am currently running on five hours' sleep in two days. We just got back about an hour ago from taking a day trip to a place we'll be moving that is 4.5 hours away from where we currently live. I'm not quite awake enough to concisely sum things up, so instead I'll say this:

I still adore working on and am firmly committed to LL for the long run, and dearly hope that: I get the job and we get the apartment (see below). A lot of little things like my replacement deciding just this week not to take the job have turned an anthill of a delay into a crater.

A newspaper job opened up there, and I have an interview next week. If I get the job, I will be starting April 4th, but will not have a place to live yet, as the apartment we applied for today won't be available until the 15th (GREAT apt and blocks from each of our employers if I get this job). I really want the job--and we have some notions about how to handle the not in the apt yet issue if need be.

My interview will be either Tuesday or Wednesday--I should find out tomorrow which, though I requested Tuesday. I don't know if they'll make an offer right away, but since I'd have to start on the 4th, I should know by late next week at worst if I have to pack a bit faster and wrap some things up with my job here faster as well.

Because of the potential job, I now do not know when 10 & 11 will be finished. I will not attempt to publish what would have been 12 this week at all, it will be skipped (though not the edition #). I had hoped before said job interview, to finish them next week, along with a late publish of 12 later next week. Again, up in the air. We may all be surprised by what happens or not, depending on how things go up north.

So that's the best I can do for now.

Thankies again everyone, and wish me luck! ( Please!)

Good luck Gammy! Take all the time you need. Glad to see you're well!

Landroval

Arrow Vol. 2 Ed. 10 -- 9 March 2016 (Part 1)

*OP*
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 10 2018 at 02:01 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast