We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 945
  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by JTollers View Post
    1, What do we do where we have characters that transfered that were in kinships, but when they transfered lost kinship even though they are same account - in this case only 2 of my characters stayed in kinship (the leader and 1 other)
    I guess you transferred all your characters at the same time? The system isn't necessarily going to transfer your characters in the order kin leader then everyone else. This is why the World Transfers article under the Recommended Transfer Order section states that you should "transfer any Kinship leaders first, then" everyone else. The kinship data comes over with the kin leader character. A character transferred prior to the kin leader transfer, even just a few seconds before, can't be auto-added back into the kinship because the kinship didn't exist when that character's transfer was completed. Your only recourse is to re-invite the characters that the system transferred before your kin leader. Unfortunately join dates are lost.

    Quote Originally Posted by JTollers View Post
    2. Where do we escalate naming rights? Our kinship was charterd on Nov 28, 2007!!! and we are "-2" in line? Need to know where I resolve this.
    You know, I don't recall that this situation being directly addressed by Vyvyanne. Unfortunately I doubt there's anything that can be done about it. Turbine used the "last played" date to define inactive characters, but I don't think there's an equivalent date to use in kinship data. The only way to get something like that may require iterating through the entire membership to get all the last played dates. That's probably why they didn't do that type of check.

    Quote Originally Posted by JTollers View Post
    3. Is there a log of where housing items went to which owners that were in a house
    No log that I'm aware of and unfortunately the housing system prior to update 17.1 didn't state who an item was bound to, just that is was bound. So if the house was transfer-abandoned prior to update 17.1, who knows? Edit: Based on this guide it appears that items that haven't been converted to account bound may be lost if the owning character transfers off the server before the house was abandoned. It may be that post-17.1 items that are account bound would be saved to the account level storage of the owner, but I haven't personally been able to test that. If account-bound items are saved to the account's escrow, they can be transferred in the future, even after the closing server is shut down, for free.
    Last edited by Thoroval; Dec 11 2015 at 06:20 AM.

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fla USA
    Posts
    361
    I transferred all my girls off Meneldor to Landroval yesterday, first the Kin Leaders then everyone else. All went very smooth no problems that I can see as of yet. Was able to get my houses back. I got very lucky.

  3. #603
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    I guess you transferred all your characters at the same time?
    Yep. It's a shame bc I forgot Turbine does not recognize account standings very well. While the loot at account level may have transferred, it is unfort that the kinship and other connections at the player level did not transfer. Not the way I would have coded it where I live and work.
    TheInklingsKin.com

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,925
    Quote Originally Posted by JTollers View Post
    Yep. It's a shame bc I forgot Turbine does not recognize account standings very well. While the loot at account level may have transferred, it is unfort that the kinship and other connections at the player level did not transfer. Not the way I would have coded it where I live and work.
    A safe procedure to transfer your characters has been posted on these forums for months and there have been many posts discussing and linking to the procedure. Actually, these discussions have been in this thread.
    Ujest - 115 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 87 Warden, Veneur - 62 Hunter, Cneasai - 46 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    A safe procedure to transfer your characters has been posted on these forums for months and there have been many posts discussing and linking to the procedure. Actually, these discussions have been in this thread.
    I've been a customer since launch, I am a founder. It doesn't make it right for customers, and expectation to follow a 600+ post thread when design gaps could have been better. Disappointment is reasonable.
    TheInklingsKin.com

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by JTollers View Post
    I've been a customer since launch, I am a founder. It doesn't make it right for customers, and expectation to follow a 600+ post thread when design gaps could have been better. Disappointment is reasonable.
    From the original Developers' Diary detailing process for transferring kins found at https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers
    Kinship transfer

    When transferring a character who is a Kinship leader, the game will disband the kinship on the home world and reform it on the new world complete with all historical data. Players who were in that same kin will be instantly added to the kin on the new world if they decide to follow the Kin leader. Kin leaders, please coordinate with your Kinship members ahead of time, add target world to your MOTD, etc so that your members know where to follow. Bound items in the Kinship house will be returned to their owners and unbound items will be put in the Kinleader’s personal house storage or escrow. Any remaining pre-paid credit and unlocked storage levels on the Kinship house will be automatically granted upon purchase of a new Kinship house on the new world.

    The link to the above quote is found in Frelorn's original Developer Diary: World Closure Announcement (initially posted on August 5th, I recall) https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...e-announcement This has been posted MANY times, and often by Frelorn or Vyvyanne.


    Founder status or not, it is your individual responsibility to seek out the information - preferably by using more than one or two minimal search terms (what the average person does).

    And BTW, they DID make it a heck of a lot easier by creating THIS thread where Vyvyanne has been gathering the most pertinent info and updates to the process. You can start each visit to the forum by searching the sections titled:



    ALSO: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ansferring+kin

    Please bookmark these links for future reference. It will save you (and others!) some time and headaches...
    Last edited by HeirOfNumenor; Dec 10 2015 at 11:16 PM.

  7. #607
    2. Where do we escalate naming rights? Our kinship was charterd on Nov 28, 2007!!! and we are "-2" in line? Need to know where I resolve this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    For number 1, get the leader or an officer of the kinship to extend another invitation should work. If this kinship is your own kinship, you'll have to use a second account to do the invitations.
    For number 2, hit F7 and open a ticket to have the kinship renamed. Mine took about 3 days to complete. Kinship renaming is listed under "Premium Services", but it seems to be open to all.
    For number 3, there isn't one unless you made that log yourself, as far as I know.

    Every statement I have seen from Blue Names indicates that in cases of naming conflicts between Kins, the kin currently on the surviving world keeps the name, and any kin transferring in from a closing world must rename their kin. Age of Kin doesn't seem to matter. Contact customer support to open a ticket for renaming, as stated above.

    Additional resources:

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ansferring+kin

    http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...047&_referrer=

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    847
    I'm sure I must have missed it, but are open transfers between all the remaining worlds going to be turned on? I haven't noticed anything in the launcher about it, but it might not be the only place it shows up. I just want to move my characters all to the same world now that the kinship dust has settled, but the transfer button seems to be allowing transfers off only one or possibly two of the remaining servers, not between all five. I thought I had heard that function was going to be possible once all the worlds were open for transfer for a final pass before closing off before paid transfers became available. If I missed it, was it mentioned in the launcher?

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardineck View Post
    I'm sure I must have missed it, but are open transfers between all the remaining worlds going to be turned on? I haven't noticed anything in the launcher about it, but it might not be the only place it shows up. I just want to move my characters all to the same world now that the kinship dust has settled, but the transfer button seems to be allowing transfers off only one or possibly two of the remaining servers, not between all five. I thought I had heard that function was going to be possible once all the worlds were open for transfer for a final pass before closing off before paid transfers became available. If I missed it, was it mentioned in the launcher?
    "Yes all remaining worlds will have a window after the new hardware is in place."

    "...in the new datacenter."

    "...once we are live on the new hardware."

    We're not on the new hardware yet. No date has been announced for the move to the new datacenter. It was supposed to happen before Thanksgiving, but at this point I'm not sure it'll happen until after the holidays. They do still have a small window remaining though.

  10. #610

    Transfers off Landroval

    What if I transfer off landy and then want to go back? I will be able to do it?

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorenduil View Post
    What if I transfer off landy and then want to go back? I will be able to do it?
    Yes. You will have two chances to do so for free. There will be a rotation that will give each remaining server one week for transferring, and then a second rotation that will give each remaining server a month. You will also have 3 free transfer tokens that you can use at any time to move a character (once the paid transfers are back, I think).

    Just to illustrate:

    Round One
    Server 1: week 1
    Server 2: week 2
    Server 3: week 3
    Server 4: week 4
    Server 5: week 5

    Then:

    Round Two
    Server 1: month 1
    Server 2: month 2
    Server 3: month 3
    Server 4: month 4
    Server 5: month 5

    As noted above, this isn't going to happen before the data is on the new hardware. Unless they change their minds, of course!

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,516
    i was going to play lotro with my freinds today, but it doesnt look like that is going to happan, and it has been like that since meneldor opened for transfer, i have submitted two tickets for failed transfer i have not received any information about this or even a confirmation email or ticket number, and tried about a dozen times to transfer my characters over the last 3 days all stating that all my characters did not transfer

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by corrakkas View Post
    i was going to play lotro with my freinds today, but it doesnt look like that is going to happan, and it has been like that since meneldor opened for transfer, i have submitted two tickets for failed transfer i have not received any information about this or even a confirmation email or ticket number, and tried about a dozen times to transfer my characters over the last 3 days all stating that all my characters did not transfer
    If you are not receiving confirmation emails from CS or the transfer system then it is likely your email was unsubscribed from notices at some point. Please go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php and enter a new email or re-enter your one that is already there to reset this problem under Account Profile. This should correct the email issue. Then submit a new ticket. Due to the number of transfers processing at this time it may take a few days, but we will get to you.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,037
    Quote Originally Posted by HeirOfNumenor View Post
    Every statement I have seen from Blue Names indicates that in cases of naming conflicts between Kins, the kin currently on the surviving world keeps the name, and any kin transferring in from a closing world must rename their kin. Age of Kin doesn't seem to matter. Contact customer support to open a ticket for renaming, as stated above.

    Additional resources:

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ansferring+kin

    http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...047&_referrer=
    That's correct. Unlike character names, there wasn't a simple way to implement the 'take the name of an inactive kin'; so kinship names are first come, first served on the server in question. When I moved my characters, I waited for my main Nimrodel kin to move first. When that happened, I moved my Nimrodel personal storage kin leader first, then the other house purchasers, then all of the rest of my army of alts. When Dwarrodelf opened, I moved those alts in a similar manner. First I moved that storage kinship's leader, then the other house purchasers, then all of the rest. I will eventually consolidate scouts to main names on the other four remaining servers (just in case I have to do this again) and cull the scouts.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    If you are not receiving confirmation emails from CS or the transfer system then it is likely your email was unsubscribed from notices at some point. Please go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php and enter a new email or re-enter your one that is already there to reset this problem under Account Profile. This should correct the email issue. Then submit a new ticket. Due to the number of transfers processing at this time it may take a few days, but we will get to you.
    after reading your post, i went to the link you gave, logged in and re entered my email, a few moments later, i received the confirmation email, i then went to transfer my characters again, and received the confirmation email within moments, i then submitted a ticket for each one of my characters and have yet to receive an confirmation email, even though after each submitted ticket i was redirected to a screen saying a email confirmation was sent, it has been days already and no response from turbine




  16. #616
    Well, I guess I will repost my question, nothing to lose anyway...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    .
    Now that you're done with US closing worlds, can we get an approximate date on transfers between remaining worlds? Not asking for a specific date here to hold it over you later...Multiple questions on that topic have been ignored lately...even if it's next year(since we're in December now) I'd love to get a month or something similar, not...sometime next year answer please. Thanks.

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by corrakkas View Post
    after reading your post, i went to the link you gave, logged in and re entered my email, a few moments later, i received the confirmation email, i then went to transfer my characters again, and received the confirmation email within moments, i then submitted a ticket for each one of my characters and have yet to receive an confirmation email, even though after each submitted ticket i was redirected to a screen saying a email confirmation was sent, it has been days already and no response from turbine
    Have you tried just transferring one at a time to see if that might work? I transferred multiple characters & all did them one at a time & had no problems. This might not have anything to do with it not transferring but thought I would bring it up.

  18. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by corrakkas View Post
    after reading your post, i went to the link you gave, logged in and re entered my email, a few moments later, i received the confirmation email, i then went to transfer my characters again, and received the confirmation email within moments, i then submitted a ticket for each one of my characters and have yet to receive an confirmation email, even though after each submitted ticket i was redirected to a screen saying a email confirmation was sent, it has been days already and no response from turbine
    Unfortunately they do have a backlog of tickets from others whose transfers also failed. That may be part of why you've gotten no response yet.

    I'm sorry you've not been able to transfer yet, Griefing, but I have to say I think Meneldor is having one last epic troll on you, maybe payback for campaigning so hard for its closure.

    Best wishes on your new server home.

    Fead

  19. #619
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGateTT View Post
    Well, I guess I will repost my question, nothing to lose anyway...


    Now that you're done with US closing worlds, can we get an approximate date on transfers between remaining worlds? Not asking for a specific date here to hold it over you later...Multiple questions on that topic have been ignored lately...even if it's next year(since we're in December now) I'd love to get a month or something similar, not...sometime next year answer please. Thanks.
    I'm going to venture to guess...after the new hardware is in place.

    All kidding aside, it would be nice to have an idea of timeframe, so hopefully we can get one soon, even if it's just "This is what we're hoping for."

  20. #620
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Have you tried just transferring one at a time to see if that might work? I transferred multiple characters & all did them one at a time & had no problems. This might not have anything to do with it not transferring but thought I would bring it up.
    i tried just one character but unfortunately it was not successful thanks though
    Quote Originally Posted by LulaMae View Post
    Unfortunately they do have a backlog of tickets from others whose transfers also failed. That may be part of why you've gotten no response yet.

    I'm sorry you've not been able to transfer yet, Griefing, but I have to say I think Meneldor is having one last epic troll on you, maybe payback for campaigning so hard for its closure.

    Best wishes on your new server home.

    Fead
    yes i have a feeling that they are purposefully doing this to me, they have always held a grudge against me for speaking the truth about their hypocritical practices and their lack of care or concern for their customers, their support team has been notoriously neglectful

    but simply if they are so backlogged with transfer failures, why are their so few people inquiring about it, but i guess when they ignore us for so long it easy to lose all hope

  21. #621
    Quote Originally Posted by LulaMae View Post
    All kidding aside, it would be nice to have an idea of timeframe, so hopefully we can get one soon, even if it's just "This is what we're hoping for."
    I watch these posts where people say they can't transfer their toons for several days and thus can't play with their friends...well, we're waiting for 2+ months to play with our friends. And I don't need an exact date...something+This is what we're hoping for would be great.

  22. #622
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,241
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...93#post7496793

    We will also be offering Free transfers between remaining worlds following the below schedule.
    • Dec 7th- Jan 3rd: Arkenstone & Gwaihir
    • Jan 4th- 10th: Landroval & Belegaer
    • Jan 11th- 17th: Crickhollow & Sirannon
    • Jan 18th- Jan 24th: Gladden & Laurelin
    • Jan 25th- Feb 29th: Brandywine & Evernight
    • March 1st- 31st: Arkenstone & Gwaihir
    • April 1st - May 1st: Landroval & Belegaer
    • May 2nd- May 31st: Crickhollow & Sirannon
    • June 1st- 30th: Gladden & Laurelin

  23. #623
    So, wild speculation time...

    Most importantly I suppose this means there must be a pending announcement of the datacenter move with the move occuring prior to Jan 4 since Vyvyanne has repeatedly stated that the free moves won't start until after we're on the new hardware. I hope that's no later than next week since any later and it impacts Yule Festival and holiday gaming fun.

    I note that Arkenstone & Gwaihir's "week" is much longer than a week which is likely fine since they'll get disrupted by the datacenter move.

    And I see that the "week plus a month" has been combined in the case of Brandywine & Evernight where the other servers gets some time in between to contemplate their possibly rash decisions.

    I must admit that the news regarding upgrading some OS from 32- to 64-bit this late in the process floored me. I think my jaw broke when it hit the floor.

  24. #624
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,241
    Since this week they only had a test on the new hardware dealing with chat, I am assuming they're very close.
    Probably within the next 2 weeks is my official guess.

  25. #625
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    The actual turning on of the Datacenter will occur after the holiday. We are starting the free moves now because with the closing worlds all able to transfer as of Monday, there is no reason not to begin the cycle for those who have been waiting on it. The longer time for Arkenstone and Gwaihir is due to the impending Holidays which affect our work schedules and response times, so it makes it more difficult to start a reliable weekly window until January

 

 
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload