We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gold Essence Cloak

I had seen that a gold essence cloak was in-game now but i haven't found out how to get it yet, anyone know?

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Thurd View Post
    I had seen that a gold essence cloak was in-game now but i haven't found out how to get it yet, anyone know?

Ta
    Another player posted those in a different thread. They are from the new Big Battles that will come on U17:

http://i.imgur.com/RCkWoWo.jpg

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

The cosmetic of those is AMAZING as well, and I hope is not a placeholder.

Hopefully they will be barterable with stars of merit as well as a random drop. Please do not gate these behind the rng Turbine Please....
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Please turbine. Make ridiculous RNG drop rate on these items on BBs and add them to osgiliath instances with bigger drop rate. It's not too late to fix what's going to kill classic instances once again.

My current Cloak of the Nobleman gives 1241 armor, 360 will, 90 vitality, 1608 critical rating, dropped from DoS T2CM, quite challenging instance. Then you are seriously giving these cloaks from solo BBs? New cloak is not only better by far, but also when compared stupidly easy to get. I don't have problem if new content gives good rewards but this is just another slap to the face of end game community.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Please turbine. Make ridiculous RNG drop rate on these items on BBs and add them to osgiliath instances with bigger drop rate. It's not too late to fix what's going to kill classic instances once again.

My current Cloak of the Nobleman gives 1241 armor, 360 will, 90 vitality, 1608 critical rating, dropped from DoS T2CM, quite challenging instance. Then you are seriously giving these cloaks from solo BBs? New cloak is not only better by far, but also when compared stupidly easy to get. I don't have problem if new content gives good rewards but this is just another slap to the face of end game community.
    ir ya know they could honestly fix loot tables all around not just in the OG instances (in which people farm RCt2 caue they can exploit I mean skip99% of it to get to the boss) and start adding good loot like this to t2 challange mode raids.

But, that is not going to happen. And since I have the absolute worst luck with the rng (hundreds upon hundreds of BB run and I gold tier morale essence maybe 2 or a primary stat total)

So, fix the loot tables, introduce new loot into the Osgiliath instances. Fix the Osgiliath instances so that 1 of them is ot a Sambrog farm (which yeah im calling it out is even though peiple will white knight and claim they dont do that)

So I would be fine with this being a instance drop.... if the ENTIRE LOOT SYSTEM IS FIXED until than, lotro loot is a joke
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

These will be rare drops. People have so many stars accumulated, it just doesn't make sense to add them as barterable.

And random... I still didn't loot that shiny ring at Pelargir.

I hope we will only loot what's relevant to our class too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    //...
    I hope we will only loot what's relevant to our class too.

It seems to be the case from the box :

Last edited by Castorix; Oct 05 2015 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post

Please turbine. Place that box to osgiliath instances (even only dos) for us who prefer classic instances over bbs.

If these are a random drop in the new BBs, then i'm severely disappointed. I'm sorry but I done Pelagir so many times and never got that gold ring, then some random does it first time around, gets it and somehow manages to think it's a good idea to slot a power essence. It's such a slap in the face to the players who used to work for their gear. Reminds me of 85 days for the gold class items. The RNG system is so terrible. I really wish they'd go back to the days of when you worked for what you got rather than based on Turbines luck. Besides, what is the use of the cloak? To make the Sambrog and Glinghant farms even faster ? This would of been a wonderful drop in a raid, or a new instance. Even put it in the Osgiliath instances. Such a shame.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe
    LvL 100 Hunter [color=#00FA9A][b]Authiel[/color][/b] - Rank 12 Warg [color=#9370DB][b]Roly[/color][/b]
    [color=#87CEFA]Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Please turbine. Place that box to osgiliath instances (even only dos) for us who prefer classic instances over bbs.
    And as I said in another thread, I tested quickly the BB and I got Platinum AFK on a side-quest (a ~100K boss killed by NPCs, like it happens sometimes in Pelargir with "Kang-kethek the Sorcerer"), before crashing.
    Imagine I got this box with the best cloak in-game : it is like if I had succeeded the hardest raid "Flight to the Lonely Mountain" T2C, solo and AFK...
    Nonsense.
    Last edited by Castorix; Oct 05 2015 at 05:36 AM.

And as I said in another thread, I tested quickly the BB and I got Platinum AFK on a side-quest (a ~100K boss killed by NPCs, like it happens sometimes in Pelargir with "Kang-kethek the Sorcerer"), before crashing.
    Imagine I got this box with the best cloak in-game : it is like if I had succeeded the hardest raid "Flight to the Lonely Mountain" T2C, solo and AFK...
    Nonsense.
    Well duh,
    if you had read the Patch Notes you'd notice that difficulty and medal scaling has not been implemented into the actual Epic Battle yet as of build 1. The trolls dont have their proper health/damage finalized (proven by the fact that they have 100k each - total of 200k opposed to the 600k bosses from Pelargir). The other giveaway is that the mumakil out of the battlefield only have 357 health. Yes, not 357k but 357 (the infamous Jagger Jack has more health than that).

So before we all start to "poo poo" Turbine, any thoughts on the ideal health/damage of twin boss trolls for a level 100 epic battle?
    I'd say in the 3man, give them some special buff or mechanic that could be similar to other "twofer" fights in the game. A possibility could include having it when one of them dies, the other goes into a frenzy so we have to try and get them slain at a similar time. This would make use of the Officer's skill to set a target priority.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG_PEANUTS View Post
    Well duh,
    if you had read the Patch Notes you'd notice that difficulty and medal scaling has not been implemented into the actual Epic Battle yet as of build 1.
    Probably, but most of bugs/problems in Pelargir had been reported on BR and none has been fixed yet (like the Winch part, useless either in 1, 2 or 6-mans or when the NPCs don't move at beginning)
    Last edited by Castorix; Oct 10 2015 at 06:33 AM.

Probably, but most of bugs/problems in Pelargir had been reported on BR and none has been fixed yet (like the Winch part, useless either in 1, 2 or 6-mans or when the NPCs don't move at beginning)
    Except each build of Pelagir had it radically different than prior builds. Sure, some issues are inconsequential or subjective, but the ballista at the first fight got changed, and siege weaponry at final fight went back and forth between ballista and catapults and timing of things changed and there were even timing and scaling changes after it was released.

Credit where it's due, just because subjective things weren't changed according to others' whims doesn't mean they were making radical changes every build and thereafter.

PS: To not have issues with NPCs moving, just wait a moment before moving forward at start, and let the NPCs engage the MOBs before the final fight area so they don't get stuck there.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Can somebody please post the cosmetic look of these cloaks as well if there is one? I know it's only build 1, but I hope they haven't been lazy and chucked in a random cloak appearance like they seem to do with most of the armour sets.
    Do or do not, there is no try. ~Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Latanab View Post
    Can somebody please post the cosmetic look of these cloaks as well if there is one? I know it's only build 1, but I hope they haven't been lazy and chucked in a random cloak appearance like they seem to do with most of the armour sets.
    I dont have a screenshot but it is essentially a blank white cloak with the sigil of the "citadel" on it, ie. the White Tree of Gondor and the Seven Stars above.

pretty much this with the contrast inversed.

Quote Originally Posted by OMG_PEANUTS View Post
    I dont have a screenshot but it is essentially a blank white cloak with the sigil of the "citadel" on it, ie. the White Tree of Gondor and the Seven Stars above.

pretty much this with the contrast inversed.
    I hope there's a dyeable version so we can have the black cloak with white tree, like it is pictured there on the image.
    Frodo shot first.

Quote Originally Posted by Montrandir View Post
    I hope there's a dyeable version so we can have the black cloak with white tree, like it is pictured there on the image.
    There's a lower quality cloak that is black. The white one isn't dyeable but I think the black one might be.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Yeah someone linked it earlier to me! Wonderful!
    Frodo shot first.

Both cloaks are not dyeable in Build 2.

Both cloaks are not dyeable in Build 2.

Thanks for posting these. So the white cloak is the gold one and the black one is bad/lower quality one and they can't be dyed? Kind of a shame since I like the black one better.
    Do or do not, there is no try. ~Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Latanab View Post
    Thanks for posting these. So the white cloak is the gold one and the black one is bad/lower quality one and they can't be dyed? Kind of a shame since I like the black one better.
    Not like that matters... have you heard of this neat little thing LOTRO is famous for? It's called a cosmetic system
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Do you know if they will drop in solo BB's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arwen1793 View Post
    If these are a random drop in the new BBs, then i'm severely disappointed. I'm sorry but I done Pelagir so many times and never got that gold ring, then some random does it first time around, gets it and somehow manages to think it's a good idea to slot a power essence. It's such a slap in the face to the players who used to work for their gear. Reminds me of 85 days for the gold class items. The RNG system is so terrible. I really wish they'd go back to the days of when you worked for what you got rather than based on Turbines luck. Besides, what is the use of the cloak? To make the Sambrog and Glinghant farms even faster ? This would of been a wonderful drop in a raid, or a new instance. Even put it in the Osgiliath instances. Such a shame.
    /sign.

Every now and then I feel like a donkey chasing the Turbine carrot. If I only do enough BBs I will get it ... run ... run!

To be honest: noone in our kin would do Big Battles if Stars of Merit (or equivalent jewellery) and Essences dropped in regular instances or raids. Limiting this kind of loot to BBs is a truly nice way of enhancing statistics: See they are doing them, so they like them! More of them!

Nowadays we are doing old instances and raids _despite_ the loot ... *shrugs*

Mel
    Alt-o-holic on two Worlds:
    Usually playing on Gwaihir and enjoying Landroval.
    HakunaMatata