We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Old unobtainable items

As a newer player to LOTRO, I have been trying to get lots of fun and interesting housing decorations.
    I just discovered that some items can no longer be obtained.
    My focus now are items from the Bounder's Bounty event, which was a one time only event.
    The items I wanted (and have seen in people's yards) are the 3 Stone Trolls, the Boar Fountain, and even the Dragon Painting.
    I understand the event will not be repeated, by why are these items at least not available to purchase in the store for Turbine Points?
    There are probably many more items of this nature, of which I know of only a few. For example, the Pesky Door Mouse.
    The items exist, and I for one would be quite happy to pay, for example, 495 TPs for these items, and bound to acct/char would be acceptable.
    Anyone else think this is a good idea?
    Turbine? */kneels and begs...

I agree. There are many old items that could be sold in the LOTRO store. They offer armor as cosmetics from older, low level raids, why not decorations and other cosmetics?

As far as the door mouse goes, it can be obtained, along with the songbbird, from the Ithildin Coin quest. Start a new alt as a elf, maybe others, and turn the coin in.

Saelemyr
    Saelemyr, Burglar, Arkenstone
    Aharon, Warden, Arkenstone
    Arcaenna , Rune Keeper, Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Lairlore View Post
    As a newer player to LOTRO, I have been trying to get lots of fun and interesting housing decorations.
    I just discovered that some items can no longer be obtained.
    My focus now are items from the Bounder's Bounty event, which was a one time only event.
    The items I wanted (and have seen in people's yards) are the 3 Stone Trolls, the Boar Fountain, and even the Dragon Painting.
    I understand the event will not be repeated, by why are these items at least not available to purchase in the store for Turbine Points?
    There are probably many more items of this nature, of which I know of only a few. For example, the Pesky Door Mouse.
    The items exist, and I for one would be quite happy to pay, for example, 495 TPs for these items, and bound to acct/char would be acceptable.
    Anyone else think this is a good idea?
    Turbine? */kneels and begs...
    What server are you? I can give you free the mouse & the singing bird. I get those 2 per every toon i create & of course i only need 1 per server at best. *I got those when i bough Moria Expasion. But you will have to give me temporary decoration permisions of your house, if you are willing to trust a stranger.

*Ithildin Coin: This item is a promotional item given to players who pre-order the Complete Edition or the Collector's Edition of the Mines of Moria expansion. The special edition gave each of a player's characters 3 coins. Gamestop also gave each character 1 coin for pre-ordering through their store. http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ithildin_Coin
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Sep 29 2015 at 03:20 PM.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    I can give you free the mouse & the singing bird.
    *Raises hand* I would like to take that offer for sure!. I'm on Landroval

You can PM to Aegrion or Myruil in game.

Greets and thanks!

All my chars are now on Arkenstone, Lairlore is my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Lairlore View Post
    All my chars are now on Arkenstone, Lairlore is my main.
    Sent me a forum private message, telling me when you will be connected & available in the server, so you can show me, where you wish me to put the house decorations.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

There are several items that can only be obtained through old instances that are no longer run on my server that I would fork over large amounts of TP for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    I agree. There are many old items that could be sold in the LOTRO store. They offer armor as cosmetics from older, low level raids, why not decorations and other cosmetics?

As far as the door mouse goes, it can be obtained, along with the songbbird, from the Ithildin Coin quest. Start a new alt as a elf, maybe others, and turn the coin in.

Saelemyr
    If you started playing after they released the MoM expansion you can't get these coins, so you can't get the items

Quote Originally Posted by Jewl_of_the_lake View Post
    If you started playing after they released the MoM expansion you can't get these coins, so you can't get the items
    Even if you get the code for them from an unopened MoM box?
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    More like unused code, & is easy to fake unopened box. You get better luck asking a friend to set a pair of the decorations at your house (if you have 1 that played that long ago). Those players have unlimited access to that item. I can literally make a new random alt on any server & adquire those items, & can even make enough disposable alts on 1 server to fill a kin house exclusively of singing birds & dorm mouses.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Why would i buy a box when I have already bought the digital expansion? just add the housing items to the store, they did this with the RoR cosmetics for the war steeds; those items were exclusive to the preordering of the digital only expansions

I really want the Bounder's Bounty items as well :-(
    Rhuangar, hunter on Brandywine
    Rhudawg, warg on Brandywine

What if you had the tokens years ago and now can't find the tokens? Will the /reclaim command re give those back to you?
    I dance for cookies!

I'd love to see the Bounder's Bounty items made available again. They also really need to increase the drop rate on Draigoch's fireplace, the potted huorns and the Unwelcome mat.
    Noodly Potpie

Quote Originally Posted by Oranda View Post
    I'd love to see the Bounder's Bounty items made available again. They also really need to increase the drop rate on Draigoch's fireplace, the potted huorns and the Unwelcome mat.
    This!
    Rhuangar, hunter on Brandywine
    Rhudawg, warg on Brandywine