We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Official: Fall Events Schedule (tentative)

September

• August 31 - 16 : Farmer's Faire
    • 3 – 5 : Hobnanigans
    • 14 - 23 Bilbo Baggins Birthday
    • 18 - 20 Talk like a corsair

October

• 1-4 : Hobnanigans
    • 8-10 : Lootbox weekend - boxes only
    • 15-17 : 25% Crafting XP Boost
    Last edited by Frelorn; Oct 09 2015 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks for the info!

I notice that the Harvest Festival is not listed......is this dependent on progress of the datacenter server migration & world consolidation?
    "The world weighs on my shoulders, but what am I to do? You sometimes drive me crazy, but I worry about you. I know it makes no difference to what you're going through, but I see the tip of the iceberg, and I worry about you"

Harvest Fest is typically the last 2 weeks of October, so good question.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

What's "Talk Like a Corsair"?
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 115~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 107~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 54 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 23
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

Smile

Talk Like a Pirate Day in LOTRO terms

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Thankies for the update!
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 38 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    Our 9th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy is in August. PM me if you want to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by katia0203 View Post
    It's *better* known as "The Tale of The Shipwrecked Mariners"

info and reward details in the link, so avoid if you don't want too many spoilers:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The...ecked_Mariners
    All posts to be taken with a pinch of tasty salt.... preferably rubbed on a Tater

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    Harvest Fest is typically the last 2 weeks of October, so good question.
    This is just a guess, mind you. . .but it looks to me like Farmer's Fair has been added to the seasonal festival rotation. The dance quests and Ale Association/Inn League quests are active now, but I don't believe they were during past Farmers Fairs. Maybe they have moved the Harvest Fest timing back some to space it out relative to Farmers and Yule. Of course that puts the Halloween-themed content after Halloween, but that's no worse than having the Yule content about a month after the date of Yule (or five months before, in the southern hemisphere).

Quote Originally Posted by katia0203 View Post
    An event with pirate-themed content.

Maybe Talk like a Corsair is going to be more than the Shipwrecked Mariners this year - can't remember it being called that before.

Question The mystery of the pirate event...

Quote Originally Posted by matalan View Post
    It's *better* known as "The Tale of The Shipwrecked Mariners"

info and reward details in the link, so avoid if you don't want too many spoilers:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The...ecked_Mariners
    In fact now that I think I had already heard of once in two years behind when I started playing this strange event pirate, but I never had occasion to see him do it to try it, seeing the wiki seems a kind of story-event and judging by the objects that are obtained and that there is no one who knows what's interesting aside 3 cosmetics that if I'm not mistaken you take in lotro store ... who knows ... maybe bring something new and interesting, in fact a bell outfits pirate there is bad.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Quote Originally Posted by Halgoreth View Post
    This is just a guess, mind you. . .but it looks to me like Farmer's Fair has been added to the seasonal festival rotation. The dance quests and Ale Association/Inn League quests are active now, but I don't believe they were during past Farmers Fairs. Maybe they have moved the Harvest Fest timing back some to space it out relative to Farmers and Yule. Of course that puts the Halloween-themed content after Halloween, but that's no worse than having the Yule content about a month after the date of Yule (or five months before, in the southern hemisphere).
    If that's the case, Harvest Fest could start at Halloween and go the first two weeks of November. Probably Frelorn's plan.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Probably October 26 to November 10, but they probably haven't 100% made the decision yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ElanorFb View Post
    Probably October 26 to November 10, but they probably haven't 100% made the decision yet.
    That would be my guess too. Yule festival usually starts on the first Monday in the third week of December, so any previous festival won't drag out too far in to November.

I like the backpack item they came up with for this Harvest festival by the way, well done designers!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks for the update, it's appreciated.

I don't see anything new for the Farmer's Faire this year. Was this another glitch where the new items didn't make it in again? I would think that last year's steed would be half off at least.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeesDad View Post
    Thanks for the update, it's appreciated.

I don't see anything new for the Farmer's Faire this year. Was this another glitch where the new items didn't make it in again? I would think that last year's steed would be half off at least.
    There's the new back item mentioned a few posts up, a new steed and blanket...and a new tunic I think that I recall from when I briefly popped by to check yesterday...don't recall if there was a new cloak, so maybe the cornucopia backpack is the cloak or I just don't recall the cloak offhand.

Just found a thread about this guide: https://lotrofestivalguide.wordpress.com/
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 38 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    Our 9th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy is in August. PM me if you want to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    There's the new back item mentioned a few posts up, a new steed and blanket...and a new tunic I think that I recall from when I briefly popped by to check yesterday...don't recall if there was a new cloak, so maybe the cornucopia backpack is the cloak or I just don't recall the cloak offhand.

Just found a thread about this guide: https://lotrofestivalguide.wordpress.com/
    My apologies folks. I couldn't remember what came out last year so I checked on lotro-wiki. They have all of these items listed under the 2014 event (and the page even says last updated in 2014). But, when I checked the actual steed page, it says it was introduced in this year.

Thanks LOTRO team for introducing new stuff all the time!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    • 14 - 24 Bilbo Baggins Birthday
    Is there a chance that the team look into revamping this event on time? It will be really nice! https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...86#post7438486

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Dear Frelorn,

Thank you for the information, but quick question... Why does the festival information no longer get displayed in the Calendar? I keep checking for it and always seem to miss out on the first half of festivals due to it not being updated, and then I randomly come across a post such as this when looking for other information... (any news about reopening of character server transfers this time.)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001664a7/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shesellsseashells View Post
    Dear Frelorn,

Thank you for the information, but quick question... Why does the festival information no longer get displayed in the Calendar? I keep checking for it and always seem to miss out on the first half of festivals due to it not being updated, and then I randomly come across a post such as this when looking for other information... (any news about reopening of character server transfers this time.)
    Vyv posted last friday about the xfers. Will post a link to it.. Really wish lotro's calender was being put to use again, though.
    To sum the transfers up with information we have available, we will get an update sometime this week mentioning the start of closing the sunsetting worlds.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...59#post7437359

September
    • August 31 - 16 : Farmer's Faire
    Just logged in to barter some stuffs, but the festival has already gone

Unhappy Misleading Calendar Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Atarandir View Post
    I agree! The calendar posted earlier indicated the 16th as the end date. Very misleading!

Now I am wondering about the end dates of the other events on the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Atarandir View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to spend this evening with my last attempts to get the egg scramble done, and get more goodies from the barter trader

Normally they end at 1 AM eastern time the day after the end date listed.
    "The world weighs on my shoulders, but what am I to do? You sometimes drive me crazy, but I worry about you. I know it makes no difference to what you're going through, but I see the tip of the iceberg, and I worry about you"

You aren't alone.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...11#post7443011

The festival ended at 3am Eastern on the 16th as scheduled. In the future we will mark the events as ending the day before they actually do so as to not cause any more confusion or distress to those players who choose to wait until the final day.

This sounds suspiciously like players are at fault for waiting until the end of the day they told us the faire would end...
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast