We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Forte's Academy of Music

Forte's Academy of Music is opening its doors to the remaining servers for those interested!

Are you new to the server? Ever wanted to learn the ins and outs of the LOTRO music system? Have a graving to learn how to play music as a band? The Academy of Music will walk you through how to download music, get it ready to play in game, how to create your own music from MIDI files, how to create and start adding to your own music collection with your very own transcribed music. We will also cover and get you set up to run the different Plugins most often used by the music community.

This is a semester of 7 Lessons over a course of 3 Classes - Attend all classes and become a credited graduate of the Academy of Music. Final Saturday of the month is Student Graduations and Concert.

Next Class: Lesson 1-3
    Enroll in the academy to join us this coming Saturday for the 1st Class: Learn how to download and add new songs, and how to perform solo and as a band in game using the chat.

When: Saturday, November 5th @ 4pm /servertime
    Where: Back stage of the Prancing Pony, Bree

ABC Music Video Lessons
    Lesson 1: Downloading and Installing Songs
    Lesson 2: The Anatomy of ABC Song Files
    Lesson 3: Performing Solo and Multi-part songs manually
    Lesson 4: Downloading and Installing Songbook and Poetical
    Lesson 5: How to use the SongbookBB plugin
    Lesson 6: How to use the Poetical plugin
    Lesson 7: Transcribing new ABC Songs from MIDIs with Maestro
    Lesson 8: How to use the Lyrical plugin
    Lesson 9: How to use the Band Aide plugin
    Lesson 10: Converting Digital Sheet Music into MIDIs using Musescore
    Lesson 11: Writing your own Digital Sheet Music with Musescore
    Lesson 12: Using ABC Player to convert MIDIs into MP3s
    Lesson 13: Understanding ABC music notation and writing an ABC file/song by hand

Feel free to reply here and request a lesson that is not listed.

Check out Forte's Academy of Music to learn more about the LOTRO ABC Music System
    Last edited by Forte; Oct 14 2016 at 07:40 PM.

This is definitely something I've been graving to do.
    I'm a Pony music newb--where is the backstage? How long do you think the class could run?

Right now, it'll be tough for me to make it this week--GA at 2p and especially with the Crosser of Roads run at 5. Gotta eat dinner before that starts! That reminds me...we're out of snacks here.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 38 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    Our 9th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy is in August. PM me if you want to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    This is definitely something I've been graving to do.
    I'm a Pony music newb--where is the backstage? How long do you think the class could run?

Right now, it'll be tough for me to make it this week--GA at 2p and especially with the Crosser of Roads run at 5. Gotta eat dinner before that starts! That reminds me...we're out of snacks here.
    If I had to guess, it is the back stage in the common-room with the hobbit minstrel on the stage, very close to the bard.

Thank you for choosing a time-slot that is not in NA prime-time, Forte, I think that time will work perfectly for a high traffic area. Greatly appreciated

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    If I had to guess, it is the back stage in the common-room with the hobbit minstrel on the stage, very close to the bard.

Thank you for choosing a time-slot that is not in NA prime-time, Forte, I think that time will work perfectly for a high traffic area. Greatly appreciated
    Thankies! I remember that spot now.
    Our 9th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy is in August. PM me if you want to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    Thankies! I remember that spot now.
    Yep, its in the back area. I choose the Pony as it will be public enough to allow students to test the new found education for others enjoyment.

I chose the time as it is in between other weekly events happening during the day.

This is the first class of a 7 lesson semester - Upon completion of all 7 lessons you will be a FAoM Graduate.

The first class will compose of 3 of the 7 lessons as show at the Academy of Music website.

This Weeks Class: Lesson 1, 2, & 3 - August 29th 3pm @ Prancing Pony

Learn the Basics on how to download and install music, understand the basics of ABC files and start playing a solo song, and then learn how to perform as a band, time permitting.

But, Daff, if you wish to have a Private lesson if you can not fit the specific time slot, please let me know and we can plan a weekly tutoring till all 7 are cocmplete.
    Forte "Fortissimmo" Maestro - Forte's Academy of Music - Learn the ABC Music System
    Twitch Stream @ForteMaestro - LOTROstream Team member
    Co-Host of LOTRO Player News

Quote Originally Posted by Forte View Post
    Yep, its in the back area. I choose the Pony as it will be public enough to allow students to test the new found education for others enjoyment.

I chose the time as it is in between other weekly events happening during the day.

This is the first class of a 7 lesson semester - Upon completion of all 7 lessons you will be a FAoM Graduate.

The first class will compose of 3 of the 7 lessons as show at the Academy of Music website.

This Weeks Class: Lesson 1, 2, & 3 - August 29th 3pm @ Prancing Pony

Learn the Basics on how to download and install music, understand the basics of ABC files and start playing a solo song, and then learn how to perform as a band, time permitting.

But, Daff, if you wish to have a Private lesson if you can not fit the specific time slot, please let me know and we can plan a weekly tutoring till all 7 are cocmplete.
    Will do! I'm still goin' t' try t' make it...I might help with a 3 folk in GA then duck out after. Thankies very much for the offer--I will keep it in mind if I can't make it Sat.

Come join the first class of 3 total in the series, today at 3pm @ the Prancing Pony.

Please enable voice chat to get verbal instructions.
    Forte "Fortissimmo" Maestro - Forte's Academy of Music - Learn the ABC Music System

Yep, its in the back area.
    The reason that this is confusing is that, in common parlance, every part of the Pony other than the space in front of the bar is called "the back" by someone. There's "the back" over by the barber, "the back" by Uchdrud, "the back" you're referring to, and "the back" that refers to pretty much all of the areas reached down the various halls. Sometimes while sitting in the Pony listening to the RP I count how many people pose about going to "the back" within the space of an hour, and don't end up anywhere near one another, just to pass the time.

Come join us for Class 2 this Saturday, 3pm /server time at the Pony. It will include Lessons 4-6

Lesson 4: Downloading and Installing Plugins
    Lesson 5: How to use Songbook
    Lesson 6: How to use Poetrical

ABC Music Video Lessons
    Lesson 1: Downloading and Installing Songs
    Lesson 2: The Anatomy of ABC Song Files
    Lesson 3: Performing Solo and Multi-part songs manually
    Lesson 4: Downloading and Installing Songbook and Poetical
    Lesson 5: How to use the SongbookBB plugin
    Lesson 6: How to use the Poetical plugin
    Lesson 7: Transcribing new ABC Songs from MIDIs with Maestro
    Lesson 8: How to use the Lyrical plugin
    Lesson 9: How to use the Band Aide plugin
    Lesson 10: Converting Digital Sheet Music into MIDIs using Musescore
    Lesson 11: Writing your own Digital Sheet Music with Musescore
    Lesson 12: Using ABC Player to convert MIDIs into MP3s
    Lesson 13: Understanding ABC music notation and writing an ABC file/song by hand4

This Weeks Class: Lesson 7
    Learn how to locate new MIDIs, and how to take them and create new ABC songs with Maestro.

When: Saturday, September 12th @ 3pm /servertime
    Where: Prancing Pony at the Back stage

This Weeks Class: Student Graduation Concert
    Join the Academy as this month's students graduate and perform a 45 minute concert for the crowd!

When: Saturday, September 19th @ 4pm /servertime
    Where: Bree Stage

Join us this Saturday at 4pm /servertime for Forte's Academy of Music Student Graduation and Concert @ the Bree Stage!

Just want to make sure, this Saturday, there will be no academy, and the classes start over on the 3rd, correct?

Correct. Lessons 1-3 will be taught during Class 1 which will be Oct 3

This Weeks Class: Lessons 1-3
    Enroll in the academy to join us this coming Saturday for it's first class of the October semester. Learn how to download new music, install it to the game, understand the anatomy of an ABC song file, and how to manually perform solo and group songs in game.

When: Saturday, October 3rd @ 4pm /servertime
    Where: Prancing Pony Back Stage
    Last edited by Forte; Sep 30 2015 at 12:11 AM.

Enroll in the academy to join us this coming Saturday for it's first class of the October semester. Learn how to download new music, install it to the game, understand the anatomy of an ABC song file, and how to manually perform solo and group songs in game.

When: Saturday, October @ 4pm /servertime
    Has the time changed to 4pm and the location as well for all classes moving forward? Please let me know.

When: Saturday, October @ 4pm /servertime
    Yep, moved it up an hour as there is always a concert going on at 3pm. As to maximize most potential for students.

Yep, moved it up an hour as there is always a concert going on at 3pm. As to maximize most potential for students.
    Okies. I'll adjust on the Happenings thread then.

This Weeks Class: Lesson 7
    Enroll in the academy to join us this coming Saturday for the last class of October. Learn how to transcribe MIDI files into new LOTRO ABC songs using Maestro.

When: Saturday, October 17th @ 4pm /servertime

Lesson 7 this Saturday at 4pm /servertime. Learn how to transcribe new ABC Songs from MIDIs with Maestro.

Also, join students and Alumni for October's graduation ceremony, as well as a student Halloween Concert on Oct 31st at 4pm /servertime at the Bree Stage. Come support those new to the music community!

Enroll in the academy to join us this coming Saturday for it's first class of the November semester. Learn how to download new music, install it to the game, understand the anatomy of an ABC song file, and how to manually perform solo and group songs in game.

When: Saturday, November 7th @ 4pm /servertime

Learn more here

New Website

Announcing the new website of Forte's Academy of Music! Click the image to check it out!

Last edited by Forte; Nov 06 2015 at 07:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast