We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Chat.Received() - Sender information (IMs)?

Example: Someone say "Hello" in world chat.

If I recieve this chat message we can use Turbine.Chat.Received(sender, args) and get the following information:

ChatType: 38
    Sender: MyName <--- For some reason, it always says that I am the sender of the message!

If I want to know who is the actual sender of the message, I can easily extract the player's name from args["Message"] using string.find and string.sub.

Now my problem is: How to find out the sender's name if I recieved an IMs?
    Surprisingly in this case the args["Message"] is only the actual message (not including the player's name)!

Does anyone have an idea how to get the sender's name of incoming IMs?

Thank you in advance!
    Eruadarion | Captain | on Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    www.avorthalier.eu

Unfortunately, the chat message Sender is one of those long standing known issues that has never been fixed. AFAIK, there is no way to tell the sender of a /tell and all other messages incorrectly report the local player as the sender. That was one of the odd tweaks I had to make for my multi-player card game, the client had to include the player's name in the body of the message for any /tells to the host so that the host would be able to parse the name in order to know which client sent the /tell.

Thank you for clarifying, Garan!

I sent you another PM...^^
    Eruadarion | Captain | on Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    www.avorthalier.eu