We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    *Hopes from somewhere in the Depths of Moria that the Ruthless Raiders are going well and being as brave as ever*

Hello everyone.

As Kilgore Trout would say, "I was sick, but now I'm better". Happenings will resume as usual next week, and will rotate forward as I can spare the time. Trying to do what I can when I can without falling back into the world of the ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
    Lilikate here from The Ninny Hammers, Our details are correct but just letting you know we won't be performing in July. We will be supporting those playing as part of Weatherstock Concert Series. We are back the first week of August
    Thank you for the notice! I will adjust when July rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthelia View Post
    *Hopes from somewhere in the Depths of Moria that the Ruthless Raiders are going well and being as brave as ever*
    They've long since stepped beyond Moria's walls, but do go back to take care of a few matters. Good to see you!

3. Hullo! Info will be posted elsewhere also (in case you've already seen it, this should be identical), but in case you haven't already seen it, here is the WCS schedule ...

Here is the schedule for the Weatherstock Concert Series (the 'preliminary round' prior to the summit selection). The WCS is condensed into two weekends in early July, rather than spread out as in past years.

Friday July 1st:
    P.I.E. - 9:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds

Saturday, July 2nd:
    The Hope - 12:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    The Fluffy Unicorns - 1:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    (tentative) The Chosen Few - 2:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    Die Bunten Voegel - 3:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds

(tentative) Runic Knights Orchestra - 7:00 PM - Lake Shore South of Bree Skirmish Camp

Sunday, July 3rd:
    Radagast's Pipe - 2:30 PM - Methel Stage
    The Breakfast Club - 4:00 PM - Hedged Lawn by Bree Town Hall

Saturday, July 9th:
    The Foxcleeve Inn - 12:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    Polnolunie - 1:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    The Rolling Kegs - 2:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    Notenzauber - 3:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    Skarn - 4:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    The White Flames - 5:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds

Sunday, July 10th:
    Les Chantefables - 12:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    Dept of Harmony and Song - 1:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    The Remediators - 2:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    The Aleford Band - 3:00 PM - Bree Festival Grounds
    Byrcha of Landroval, officer of the Lonely Mountain Band

Quote Originally Posted by VeteranLurker View Post
    Hullo! Info will be posted elsewhere also (in case you've already seen it, this should be identical), but in case you haven't already seen it, here is the WCS schedule ...

Here is the schedule for the Weatherstock Concert Series (the 'preliminary round' prior to the summit selection). The WCS is condensed into two weekends in early July, rather than spread out as in past years.
    Much thanks! I will get these added before the 1st.

Happenings are all caught up.

Weatherstock Concert Series' as they pass are moved to the 2016 Annual list.

Bumped the Ninny's next concert to August as asked, with note about a Recurring on Hiatus.

Double checked EOW-ies for accuracy, and Ales n' Tales location is accurate for next Monday.

If I flubbed anywhere...please let me know!

Bees and Spice! I just realized it's one month shy of the one year anniversary of the Happenings list.

So many Happenings since then, and so many more in store! (No, not the Lemon's Store.)
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 45 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.

I will get the schedule for Weatherstock updated later today (possibly much later today.)

Also need to start adding the Month a' the Chicken events.

I have adjusted BBB back to recurring from hiatus, now that they're all out of jail.

If you have a Happening you would like to share that isn't already listed, please look at the 2nd Post of this thread to see what info I need for a listing.

~~~
    I added the Camps for this weekend from the MotC Happenings. The remaining confirmed MotC events will be added either tonight or tomorrow.

Well, I've been gently reminded that it's a gnu bear in Middle-earth, and I should be out of excuses by now as to why this list hasn't been updated in ages.

So after taking all my ToDo lists leftover from last year and throwing them in the fire so I can just start fresh, I'm letting folks know that this is something I want to start getting back to again. I still have some loose ends I'm tying up from 2016, but time is definitely more on my side of late.

This week I will try to get things back in order in the OP. So please feel free to update me with new events, or if anything from the old patterns has changed.

I do not know that I will get caught up in time for Winterstock, but I will do my level best. I might just put a link to their thread at the top of the OP.

If you had an event you would like to see recorded in the past happenings parts that did not get circulated in because of the downtime, feel free to post the info for those. Please understand that I'll get to those after the OP is caught up, but I am more than happy to include them when I get a round tuit.

I hope everyone has a grand gnu bear, and hopefully life won't have too many locked cellar doors in store for me.

~~~Annual Past Happenings - 2017~~~
    All event times are /servertime.

Key:
    RP=Role Play; RPF= Role Play Friendly; NRP= non Role Play
    OT= One time event; W=Weekly; EOW=Every Other Week; R=Recurring
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    - Tuesday the 3rd at 8:30pm [RPF/A]: Annual Tolkien Toast, sponsored by PLOI. Meet in the Green Dragon in Bywater. Each year, at 9 PM local time, admirers of J.R.R. Tolkien raise a glass "To The Professor" in honor of his birthday. This year mark's his 125th, or Twelvety-fifth, birthday. Let us join together for this time-honoured tradition by meeting at The Green Dragon in Bywater at 8:30 PM Server Time, with the Toast to follow at 9 PM. Music will be provided by P.I.E.

- Friday the 6th at 9:00pm [RPF/R]: Bounders of the Shire Annual Traditional Fish Fry in the Shire. The Warders of the Weald are kindly playing at our annual fishing event at the Bywater Bridge. Please note that the Bywater Bridge is the stone Bridge in Hobbiton, not Bywater which many folk find confusin'.

- Saturday the 7th at 7:15pm [RPF/A]: Bounders of the Shire Kin Anniversary Buttoning: This annual event is open to the public. Buttons and Clasps will be awarded to Bounders and Bounder friends. The Oak n' Barrel is located at 4 Myrtle Court, Addernotch, Shire Homesteads.

- Sunday the 8th at 8:00 pm [RPF/A]: The Annual Bounder Ball: a fancy party held at the Bounder Museum of Antiquities, located at 5 Harrow Rd., Addernotch, Shire Homesteads. All are welcome.

- Friday the 13th- Monday the 16th [RPF/A] Winterstock IV returns to the frozen lake near the Silver Deep Mine at Thorin's Gate in Ered Luin. Performers included: [Friday] Skarn, Arda, Starlight, Instant Play, Die Bunten Voegel, A Rock and a Hard Place, Mondbarden, DisEnchanted, The Breakfast Club, The Greyhawke Band, Runic Knights Orchestra; [Saturday] Polnolunie, The Fluffy Unicorns, The Hope, Notenzauber, Die Meisterbarden von Bree, Vagabunden von Bree, The Remediators, Hopfenfees and Friends, P.I.E., Shire Tramps, No Whole Bard, Imladris Sunset, Bards, Beards & Longbeards; [Sunday]: Les Chantefables, Department of Harmony & Song, The Aleford Band, The Rolling Kegs, The Brandy Badgers, The Andune Ensemble, Alliance Allegretto, Dulcet Tones, Thunderstruck, The Mardi Gras Party Band, Le Beaux Chapeaux, Dr. Star & the Acoustic Mayhem; [Monday] Reserved, Classical Gas, The Traveling Bilberries, Monnlight Wanderers, The Ninny Hammers, The Purple Pipeweed Parlor Band, Little to No Drama, Old Winyards, Ales & Tales.

- Saturday the 21st at 3:00pm [RPF/A]: The Knights of The White Lady annual Street of Dreams housing tour will take place. Starts in Falathlorn Homesteads and see a sampling of decoration styles across Eriador and, new to this tour, Belfalas! A self-guided tour itinerary will be published closer to the date, so you can explore to your heart's content. Mark your calendar now! Any question, please feel free to send mail to Ashigaru!

March
    - Saturday the 18th from 11am-10pm [RPF/A]: A Day at the Greenfields returns to the rolling green hills north of Brockenborings. Come enjoy merriment, music and dancing in the Shire. Hosted by Les Beaux Chapeaux. Fun for Everyone! Bands: The Hope, The Aleford Band, The Eriador Philharmonic Orchestra, Department of Harmony and Song, Andune Ensemble, Thunderstruck, Breakfast Club, P.I.E., Mardi Gras Party Band, DisEnchanted, Les Beaux Chapeaux.

July:
    - Saturday the 22nd [RPF/A]: Weatherstock IX took place on Weathertop. BandList: Die Bunten Voegel, The HOPE, Moonshine Wanderers, Les Daft Pigs, KaPAtEk aNAhuAC, Runic Knights Orchestra, The Fluffy Unicorns, Notenzauber & Friends, The Shades, Imladris Sunset, Mardi Gras Party band, Lindamar, The White Flames, Da Bugans, The Arda, Lanterns of Nimrodeliant, Department of Harmony and Song, Polnolunie.

August:
    - dates/times TBA [RPF/A]: Eighth Annual Month a' the Chicken! Join your burds of a feather as the Bounders of the Shire once again organize this multi-kin series of events held throughout the month of August. Last year's info can be found here.

September:
    - Friday the 22nd at 8:00pm [RPF/A]: Sons of Numenor invite all of Landroval and the LOTRO community to join them for the Seventh “Symphony of Light” in Rivendell. Activities begin 8 p.m. EST, and continue through the midnight hour.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 01 2018 at 09:49 AM.

The Chinese Year of the Rooster is coming up on January 28th, does anyone have anything chicken-related planned for it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hologro View Post
    The Chinese Year of the Rooster is coming up on January 28th, does anyone have anything chicken-related planned for it yet?
    I have not heard of any as of yet. If you decide to do something, let me know.

If anyone can let me know if the following Happenings are still ongoing, I would greatly appreciate it.
    1) - Sunday the 21st at 1:00pm [RPF/R]: The Department of Harmony and Song's monthly concert (Every 3rd Sunday). Our concert venue is the Bree Festival Grounds Stage. We hope to see you all there!

2) - Saturday the 6th at 2:30/3:00pm [NRP/W]: Western & Central Gondor Roving Threat Raid: Members of Sleepless Knights start calling for fellows at 2:30 in /world, and the raiding begins at about 3:00 once the group is filled. So keep an ear out early if you wish to get a spot.
    &
    - Sunday the 7th at 2:30/3:00pm [NRP/W]: Western & Central Gondor Roving Threat Raid: Members of Sleepless Knights start calling for fellows at 2:30 in /world, and the raiding begins at about 3:00 once the group is filled. So keep an ear out early if you wish to get a spot.

If you have a Happening coming up that isn't already listed, please let me know with the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    If anyone can let me know if the following Happenings are still ongoing, I would greatly appreciate it.
    2) - Saturday the 6th at 2:30/3:00pm [NRP/W]: Western & Central Gondor Roving Threat Raid: Members of Sleepless Knights start calling for fellows at 2:30 in /world, and the raiding begins at about 3:00 once the group is filled. So keep an ear out early if you wish to get a spot.
    &
    - Sunday the 7th at 2:30/3:00pm [NRP/W]: Western & Central Gondor Roving Threat Raid: Members of Sleepless Knights start calling for fellows at 2:30 in /world, and the raiding begins at about 3:00 once the group is filled. So keep an ear out early if you wish to get a spot.
    These are both still happening regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hologro View Post
    These are both still happening regularly.
    Thankies! I will put them back into rotation then.

Letting folks know that I have some real world stuff interfering with stuff I'd rather be doing like updating Happenings. We're closing on a real world home, and hopefully what's been eaten up all my free time will peter out as we get closer to the actual closing near February 10th. Once we're moved out of our current place, I should be able to get back into the swing of things within short order.

If you do have a new Happening coming up, please still feel free to add notice here about it. I will get it posted as soon as possible, even if don't manage to rotate the immediate seven days' schedule itself.

Smile

Best of luck with the move and resettling

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights); Zigilturg (Forever Notorious); Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Good luck! This thread shows a lot of dedication to the server community. Thanks for keeping it up!
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

Thanks for the well wishes.

There were some last minute hiccups with paperwork which took longer to resolve than seemed sensible, but it looks like we'll FINALLY be closing either this upcoming Wednesday or Thursday. We're still awaiting word on which of the days works for all parties involved.

We were really getting nervous because we'd already given notice and have even had apartment showings at our current place. Thankfully, since we've kept our landlady updated, the advertisements were for a May, possible April move in, not March. (She got her mortgage with the same bank as us, and she had a feeling they might not close on time given what she also went through.)

The good news is we are so totally packed and ready. The bad news is we still have yet to move. Thank goodness the place is only two blocks away. (Not planned, but still nice!)

Woo! We finally closed on Thursday!

This means I'll having increasingly more time to start working on Happenings (and the paper) as we move our stuff t' the new smial. No more time eaten up dealing with paperwerks and mortgage folks. *cheers*

I hope t' start updating the list in bits and pieces starting Monday at latest, possibly some sooner if time allows. (We're still dealing with showings at our current rental, so that eats up some free time--we have some today, actually, starting in a bit.)

If anyone has a contact with the Professor with his lecture series, can you please help me keep his schedule updated better? I've had a hard time getting details in a timely fashion.

Thankies everyone for your patience, and please start submitting new events again for certain.

*thinks of Fat Hobbit and starts humming "Let the Good Times Roll" as she sashays out*

~~~One Time Events Past Happenings- 2017~~~

Key:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    - Saturday the 28th at 3pm [RPF/OT]: Rooster Run: Being that this is the year of the Rooster, what better way to celebrate than with a Free Range run? Uncle Rooster, aka Hologro, will lead chickens on this courageous start to the year. Meet at Sandson's Farm. Discord will be used.
    February
    - Saturday the 18th at 3pm [RPF/OT]: Rooster Rage: Another Year of the Rooster event, this time the Hunted become the Hunters! Join us for Roving Red: Revenge of the Rooster! Meet at Sandson's Farm. Discord will be available for use, but not required.
    March
    - Saturday the 18th at 3pm [RPF/OT]: Rooster Race: Another Year of the Rooster event, a Shire Race led y young Meadowlark. Prizes for winners! Meet at Sandson's Farm. Discord will be available for use, but not required.
    April
    - Saturday the 8th at 10:00am [RPF/R]: The Hobnanigans Chicken League Multi-Server Team Tournament. <I'm still waiting for updated details on this. Contact Forte for more info.>

- Saturday the 8th at 3pm [RPF/OT]: Rooster Rivendell: Another Year of the Rooster event, this time with a run to Rivendell, one of the more difficult Flying the Coop quests. Meet at Sandson's Farm. Discord will be available for use, but not required.

- Sunday the 30th at 4:00pm [RPF/R]: Courtly Ayres- A Spring Masquerade Formal Ball, presented by Forte's Academy of Music. Celebrate the coming of spring, with an elegant masquerade ball with Elizabethan courtly style music performed by Students of the Academy of Music. Couples will have the chance to be crowned. 3 Chestnut St., Middleham, Bree-land Homesteads.
    May
    - Sunday the 21st at 5pm [RPF/OT]: Rooster Roam: Another Year of the Rooster event, a run to Minis Tirith, led by Uncle Rooster with Mama Hen rumored to join in as well. Meet at Sandson's Farm. Discord will be available for use, but not required.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; May 22 2017 at 03:48 PM.

Okies, the list is as caught up as I can manage on my own.

If ANYTHING is incorrect that is listed, please let me know ASAP with the correct info so I can fix it.

If you have a new Happening to add, please reply with the details below!

Longstanding Recurring Past Happenings - 2017

~~~Longstanding Recurring Past Happenings - 2017~~~

Key:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    - Saturday the 4th at 1:00pm [RPF/R]: The Hobnanigans Chicken League is a monthly coordinated tournament on multiple servers, where teams of 3 or 6 compete for their place on the Ranking Ladder. Join the Ranking Ladder to become the best team out there! First Place: 600 gold; Second Place: 450 gold; Third Place: 300 gold. This month's home server is Landroval, Fields 2 + 3.

- 2nd Friday of each month at 9:00pm [RPF/R]: Story Night in the Shire. Open theme, any tale is welcome. Typically the 2nd Fryday, once in a blue moon gets a bump due to Holly Days. Feel free to bring a story, poem or song to share. Release a carrier pidgeon in the Shire /regional if you can't find us. This month's location: the Gardens in Michel Delving.

- Saturday the 27th at 4:00pm [RPF/R]: Forte's Academy of Music: The Academy offers lessons on both in game and out of game LOTRO music related matters. This week will be lessons 4-6 at the Back Stage inside the Prancing Pony.

- Saturday the 7th at 2:00pm [MF*/W]: The Ninny Hammers play on the Bree Town Stage from 2-3pm. *This is a Music Friendly event-we accept all listeners.

- Saturday the 20th from 8-10pm [RP/R]: Craft Market, held by the Boar Fountain in Bree-town. Co-hosted by Middle Earth Craft & Wares. Sellers should contact Miss Lerillos for more information about setting up a stall. Held the 3rd Saturday of every month.

- Saturday the 27th from 8-10pm [RPF/R]: Good Deeds Night hosted by Middle Earth Craft & Wares. Open to all levels and classes. Please note new meeting place: Meets outside West Gate of Bree. They decide where to go after they have met. Contact: Snarald/Lerillos.

- Saturday the 27th from 8-10pm [RPF/R]: Instance Night hosted by Middle Earth Craft & Wares. Open to all levels and classes. Meets at Mustering Hill (the hill between the stables and crafting hall in Michel Delving). Contact: Miss Lerillos.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Mar 06 2018 at 04:15 PM.

Hullo again, folks.

If you have a current or upcoming Happening you would like to see added to the list on the OP, please reply with the details below.

If you run a long standing recurring Happening and the listing for it is no longer accurate, please respond with the correct details so I can fix them.

The new smial had some "uh oh" type discoveries we had to attend to sooner rather than later, but we're wrapping up mending those, so I have more free time to work on the list again. The list should now be current and accurate.

As always, I am grateful for all the Happenings folks both run and send me the info about so I can keep this listing going. If it wasn't for your events, I wouldn't have anything to list and Landy folks to enjoy!
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; May 22 2017 at 03:58 PM.

25. This might qualify as a happening ...

For news and official information, including Band Registration, please point folks to: http://weatherstock.guildlaunch.com/. /thank /bow
    Byrcha of Landroval, officer of the Lonely Mountain Band

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast