We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    Hi Frelorn,

I'm not seeing the transfer button in the launcher, even when I select Meneldor (a closing server). Is it settings-dependent? And if so, what setting needs to be on/off to make the button visible?

Thanks!
    You cannot transfer right away. It didn't start yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    Hi Frelorn,

I'm not seeing the transfer button in the launcher, even when I select Meneldor (a closing server). Is it settings-dependent? And if so, what setting needs to be on/off to make the button visible?

Thanks!
    They haven't opened transfers yet.
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

What about the status if a server are normal oder rp ? Whats about for example with the german server belegaer? This is currently a Rp Server, but Arthena said they will be one rp server for each region (EU&USA) what does it mean? Please make it clear.
    Freiheit ist nicht nur ein Recht. Freiheit ist eine permanente Aufgabe, ein dauerhafter Prozeß.
    Kurt Biedenkopf (*1930), deutscher Wirtschaftjurist und CDU-Politiker

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    Gift boxes will be distributed with the next game update.
    Cool, good to know .

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    There was never an official Oceanic server.

What I would recommend is that Oceanic players organize through forum, facebook, twitter and on servers to select a new "unofficial" Oceanic server and move there.
    E is listed as unofficial... I'm guessing this is why they're going first, to give them a chance to select Landy for instance...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000161229/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalene View Post
    You cannot transfer right away. It didn't start yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillymala View Post
    They haven't opened transfers yet.
    I know, and I am going to have to wait a loooooooooooonnnnngggggggggggg time as a Meneldorian. *cries*

I was under the impression we'd all see the button today after the patch, so we could take part in the testing when they open Bullroarer.
    Last edited by SouthernBelle0927; Aug 03 2015 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Grammar goof--missing article *sighs*

Great sympathies to those that are finding out their servers are being closed. I'm very lucky in that the vast majority of my game play has been on one of the US servers remaining.

I know there are tons of issues related to housing, names, and comfort zones. In addition, there is a chance to make some new acquaintances and continue having fun. I hope that the end result is a net positive for everyone, meaning a more enjoyable experience. I have no idea what's going to happen with names & housing, but hopefully, very few issues.

Not meant to be flippant at all, but I'll say myself and my friends are anxious for new players to migrate over. I know it's very disruptive. Overall, LOTRO is a good community of players, and I bet the vast majority of us are excited at the prospect of seeing increased numbers of people to run content. A larger circle of active friends is desirable for all, and I know a lot of groups will be actively seeking out those coming to new servers. It's not about building huge kin numbers - it's about having fun and running content with good people.

Quote Originally Posted by Benegon View Post
    Well i had been looking at any population graphs i could get my hands on and i new that Snowbourn could close but it is still sad. Could you maybe explain why you decided to have two German servers?
    Because one German server would have been much bigger than Brandywine currently is. There are a lot of players on the German servers.

I'd also like to say as someone with characters on remaining servers, Landroval and Laurelin, I hope all goes well for the transferees. Our communites are warm and welcoming and the role playing community add events, music and immersion and a love of the story that enriches the game overall, and often makes world chat informative and full of discussions about the stories of Tolkien.

But you don't have to 'thee and thou', you don't have to be able to quote the Silmarrilion chapter and verse, and you don't have to RP. You just have to leave the RPers alone if it's not your thing.

This change isn't nice but it means we get to play the game we love for another few years with new friends. (hiya! former Silverlode kinnies) I hope you transferees will feel your sadness and loss of home worlds is worth that.

Meanwhile let's be gentle with ourselves, the team and other players, in game and in the forums.
    Last edited by Calta; Aug 03 2015 at 11:44 AM.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Draconfier View Post
    Well I'll hazard a guess using this sites Weekly Login Information http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live.php A German Kinsite that compiles information from several websites such as Steam etc. and puts them together into very good graph content, you'll need to convert the page to English or be able to read German but I've been following the server statistics since 2014 and it looks as if the top 5 US servers according to weekly login data will be

1. Brandywine (confirmed)
    2. Landroval (top 5 according to graph plus only US based RP server)
    3. Gladden (has held the top 3 spot since graph point 239 which equates to around Christmas 2015 and a top 5 position since graph point 234/235 in fact Gladden according to this site held the #1 spot of weekly logins from graph point 197 to 229 approximately June to November of 2014)
    4. Crickhollow holding top 4 spot since same timepoint of 234-235 Late December 2014
    5. Arkenstone which has been holding the fifth spot since Late December graph point 234-235 of 2014

See graph included below. Helpful to visit the site and enlarge your browser window size to around 300%.

http://lux-hdro.de/images/live/weekly-logins-us.png

Well looks like my guess was right for the NA servers, not really surprised that they went by most populated servers, the EU choices however...I'm not so sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by paintpixie View Post
    RIP Vilya <3 <3 <3

I don't mind moving so much. I already know where my new home will be.

PS: From graphs I've seen this past week or so, it seems like there are just as many German players as English, so I have to admit I don't understand the complaining about them getting a second server. And I assume Turbine has even more accurate numbers. I wish it wasn't people's default reaction to complain. : /
    It's good to see someone so open minded about this. I like you researched just in case the server I play on was set to close. Lucky for me Evernight is safe, but I think I still plan on moving servers.

I'm happy to see Evernight still standing, although I had made up my mind to move after putting a lot of research into moving, which I think I will still do.

I'm gutted people aren't as lucky as I and for that I am sorry you're having to move without the option of staying where you are, but Turbine wouldn't have taken this shut down lightly and put a lot of research into what servers to keep and which they can afford to lose.

At the end of the day, the point of this server shut down is down to the hardware upgrade. Clearly how we see the servers now isn't how they will be in 2016. I'm absolutely certain that the new hardware means that servers can have a larger population for old and new players to transfer and it means more time can be spent working on each server if there is less to maintain. It's gonna be easier to find groups for raids and skirmishes etc and to be honest I like the idea of seeing more people play as I venture through middle earth.

I can't wait to see more server events make more friends, and clearly we need two German servers.

What's easy to forget is that the french have less of a choice than we do, the Germans have the same. When a new player opens up the game, they're going to be limited to one RP and one Non RP server just like we are.

Yes America are lucky, but america is a big place with a huge number of players playing LOTRO, they must absolutely need five servers, just like Europe does.

It's rather easy to be bitter and complain because you have to move, and because you feel limited as an EU player because you speak a certain language, but remember, those who speak a different language to you are also having to move and being just as limited as you are because they speak one language better than another.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplexMinded View Post
    I'm happy to see Evernight still standing, although I had made up my mind to move after putting a lot of research into moving, which I think I will still do.
    Yeah Evernight got really lucky because of it being the recommended server. Had it not been, it would have went bye bye most likely & Snowbourn would have been staying instead.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by nubcat View Post
    I guess the Germans should prepare to take in a lot of English-speakers because Evernight is going to be full to bursting.
    You're welcome. Just don't be surprised if most people around you speak German.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconfier View Post
    Well looks like my guess was right for the NA servers, not really surprised that they went by most populated servers, the EU choices however...I'm not so sure about.
    EU servers are the same. The most populated servers have survived the massacre.

I was wondering if I should return to this game.

My character is on Gilrain, a dead server, plus I was told it lags a bit because the server is in NA despite it is a EU server, but that they would change soon, in this update and I got very interested.
    So I wanted to return to play this game, I was checking my guardian, and I though I wanted to make a Rune-Kepper so I could heal on pvp.
    I was told I should wait before wasting money on buying a RK unlock, to wait to know which servers are closed so then I could make a character for the tittle, despite I was kinda sure Gilrain would close because it has lowest population. Since I was buying something I would buy a lot of new account upgrades, because in the past I only bought things exclusive to my guardian.
    Tittles are very important for me so I was happy for my guardian and my future RK, specially because I played Gilrain since I started playing long time ago.

Then today I saw this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    As of today the following worlds are no longer allowing character creation and will be closed to play at the beginning of 2016.
    Guess I will be saving a lot of money...

And yes the tittle and extra things were important, too important.

And so my will to play has faded.
    Last edited by Thorvorior; Aug 03 2015 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Yeah Evernight got really lucky because of it being the recommended server. Had it not been, it would have went bye bye most likely & Snowbourn would have been staying instead.
    I suppose it did, but it is a really nice server to play on

Ok, so Turbine is making this really easy for EU players. There is only one non-RP english (and german) server on that list, so that singles out Evernight as the only choice for english-speaking nonRPers. I know most of these people on closing servers will have the same thought and will select Evernight, so it will be a bad idea to even try the [DE] and [FR] servers, and the RP ones will end up having significantly smaller populations.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorvorior View Post
    My character is on Gilrain, a dead server, plus I was told it lags a bit because the server is in NA despite it is a EU server
    All the servers have been in Boston for years. I assume you weren't around for the grand US-bound server migration some years back?

I guess this is the end of the line for me. Been on Gilrain since not long after launch; I knew it would be one of the ones to go, but I was hoping I'd be able to keep my main's name wherever I moved. I checked name availability as soon as merges were announced and sadly I won't be able to. It's a stupid, small thing but after all the hours and love I've invested in her, I can't really imagine playing her with another name. She wouldn't be 'her' anymore. I had always thought I'd plug along all the way to Mordor but I don't really know how to feel right now.

Namarie, my fellow travellers on Gilrain. It's been a joy.
    I shing, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Fratonia View Post
    You're welcome. Just don't be surprised if most people around you speak German.
    You'll have to make us a lotro-German phrasebook
    Jinxycat | Spinnerette
    Inept Officer | Creatures of the Fiery Kind

Quote Originally Posted by Laurebear View Post
    I guess this is the end of the line for me. Been on Gilrain since not long after launch; I knew it would be one of the ones to go, but I was hoping I'd be able to keep my main's name wherever I moved. I checked name availability as soon as merges were announced and sadly I won't be able to. It's a stupid, small thing but after all the hours and love I've invested in her, I can't really imagine playing her with another name. She wouldn't be 'her' anymore. I had always thought I'd plug along all the way to Mordor but I don't really know how to feel right now.

Namarie, my fellow travellers on Gilrain. It's been a joy.
    Did you check last login time? If it's been over a year, you will get the name
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Unhappy RIP, Nimrodel

RIP, Nimrodel... We always seemed like the "drama free" server in the early days.

Is everyone on a closing server sort of scattering, or is there a somewhat large chunk of folks from the closing one "unofficially" picking a destination?

And particular advice from Turbine on migration paths?

Remaining worlds transfers priority over the closing worlds???

Hi,

Does anyone else think it's pretty strange (and dare I say rather unfair?) that transfers between remaining worlds are prioritised over transfers from closing worlds to remaining worlds? Or is that just me?

And R.I.P. Nimrodel. I have fun there
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Laurebear View Post
    I guess this is the end of the line for me.
    I am suspecting Turbine is expecting some people to walk away, which is why the worlds are being reduced so drastically. I'm sorry people are leaving over this, I am hoping we can rebuild our communities on new servers, I think it's not going to be as bad as people think. Sure, I am going to lose some names for sure, but in the end that doesn't matter too much to me.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

The server closures were the most unwelcome news to me for all this year. I care about my names and my houses lot more than many other things, and I dislike crowds - and the playerbase of unpleasant people - quite a bit.

I knew my world is out, and naturally I with it. That's given.

There's no point after my history is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubousensei View Post
    Ok, so Turbine is making this really easy for EU players. There is only one non-RP english (and german) server on that list, so that singles out Evernight as the only choice for english-speaking nonRPers. I know most of these people on closing servers will have the same thought and will select Evernight, so it will be a bad idea to even try the [DE] and [FR] servers, and the RP ones will end up having significantly smaller populations.

All the servers have been in Boston for years. I assume you weren't around for the grand US-bound server migration some years back?
    I do not know, to be honest, I did not had lag when I rarely played, I was told the server was very laggy because of that though and I assumed it was true.
    I used to play mostly before Isengard was released.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast