We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    I think English speak EU has been shafted with this. I would great if Evernight was already on the new hardware, but soon it will become very populated.

Tbh they should look at allowing us to transfer to US servers.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Sure enough. Well then Turbine has created unnecessary problems for themselves.

They're going to make a lot more people angry by forcing them to change their names and conform to RP rules (or crowd onto a single massive non-RP server) than they are going to placate by keeping the RP servers free of non-RPers.
    Most players who are being forced to move will have to have a name change anyways as for conforming to RP rules it's not hard:- find a suitable name plenty of sites out there ,respect others around you (this for me is for all servers not just RP )and don't be a muppet in /say chat. other than that it's exactly the same.

Yes it may take longer to find a name but it is doable, if players are stuck or need help just ask on the forums.
    Last edited by Marita; Aug 03 2015 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spelling

I'm going to apologize the people of Laurelin already. Snowy has been my 2nd server until now, and as I'm not going to transfer the characters there onto my main server Evernight, Laurelin is going to be my only alternative. And I am not going to RP.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    I think English speak EU has been shafted with this. I would great if Evernight was already on the new hardware, but soon it will become very populated.
    Until they move to the new hardware, Evernight may well make Brandywine look like a ghost town. (I'm glad I've already made preparations to move to Laurelin).

Hmmm i'm really torn on this one. As others have said evernight is going to be impossible to play on now because too many people will be transferring there.

Conversely i know 2 of my mains would fall afoul of the naming rules on an RP server. My elf Hunter uses a family members name and my cappy uses the contracted form. Neither of which is likely to fly on the naming rules. Though the unshortened form would on my cappy if it was free, (probably taken).

And what's the stance on the -1 going to be on RP servers i'd been thinking if my name was taken i'd just leave the -1 there forever as a sign i had the name first but that may not work.

Really admit i'm not happy with this as it leaves way too little space for all the english speakers. Not that i don;t respect the germans probably needing more than 1 server too but it feels to me like english and german needed 2 servers each.

Bele survived! *uff* *wipes off sweat*
    That's indeed good news for the German speaking players especially the role players among them.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    Tbh they should look at allowing us to transfer to US servers.
    You heard Vyvyanne - it's not going to happen because of data incompatibilities although I would be happy if it was possible especially for those players who picked servers that will soon(tm) be on the other side of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Carl View Post
    Really admit i'm not happy with this as it leaves way too little space for all the english speakers. Not that i don;t respect the germans probably needing more than 1 server too but it feels to me like english and german needed 2 servers each.
    Yes, 6 servers would have been better to cover the load and (somewhat) play styles (3xEN, 2xDE, 1xFR).

Unhappy

R.I.P FireFoot...my first and only home since 2007.
    Last edited by Yvaine; Aug 03 2015 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Carl View Post
    Hmmm i'm really torn on this one. As others have said evernight is going to be impossible to play on now because too many people will be transferring there.

Conversely i know 2 of my mains would fall afoul of the naming rules on an RP server. My elf Hunter uses a family members name and my cappy uses the contracted form. Neither of which is likely to fly on the naming rules. Though the unshortened form would on my cappy if it was free, (probably taken).

And what's the stance on the -1 going to be on RP servers i'd been thinking if my name was taken i'd just leave the -1 there forever as a sign i had the name first but that may not work.

Which is why I think there closing just a tad too many servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruceninde View Post
    I play on Brandy now, but have toons on Riddermark that I want to bring over.

They say free transfers indefinitely, but then I read somewhere that there was only till the end of the year for free transfers? Will Brandy be closed until that period is over? Can I keep my toons on Ridder until Brandy is opened to transfers and then transfer over for free?
    You can wait. They said once the move to new hardware is done and they see performance improvements such that Brandy can handle more load, they might open it to incoming transfer then. There will be free transfers off closed worlds "indefinitely" to use their word. However at the end of the year, you won't be able to play on Riddermark anymore, the only option will be to transfer to an open world.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by TharbadThief View Post
    I'm going to apologize the people of Laurelin already. Snowy has been my 2nd server until now, and as I'm not going to transfer the characters there onto my main server Evernight, Laurelin is going to be my only alternative. And I am not going to RP.
    Welcome to Laurelin my fellow non RP player - many people here do not RP!
    You will just have to rename your alt if it is called JohhnyRambo, Superman, Spiderman...
    And ofc - do not disturb people who do RP. In short, do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you :-)
    Sralethin (mighty hunter R11), Sraleth (mighty captain R11), Burovran (mighty warden R9)
    Mlatimir (mighty reaver R7), Sralerat (mighty defiler R7), Sralerath (mighty BA R6), Vrtirepka (mighty warg R5) & rest of not so mighty alts :-)
    Member of Keepers of Silmarils on the Laurelin server

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    You can wait. They said once the move to new hardware is done and they see performance improvements such that Brandy can handle more load, they might open it to incoming transfer then. There will be free transfers off closed worlds "indefinitely" to use their word. However at the end of the year, you won't be able to play on Riddermark anymore, the only option will be to transfer to an open world.
    Thank you for clearing that up. That makes sense now.

Housing will be a huge issue also, moving players will lose everything house wise, and it would alot better for turbine to actually go over housing in general and make new clusters asap.

Plus unless I am wrong, probably am, snowy will move last? So they have very little chance to get anything.

Pretty annoyed overall tbh
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

I won't have enough character slots to move all my characters to Evernight. I wish to play on an English speaking server and I'm not a roleplayer. Currently I have 5 character slots, and one character of each old class spread on Gilraen and Snowbourn. So that will mean I will have to fit 9 characters in 7 slots (after I deleted the characters already on Evernight). I had plans to get the Beorning/slot bundle. But with only 1 server left that's not really economical to do as it won't help me further.
    I'm not a big altoholic, and have no issues with deleting my characters already in Evernight, but not being able to play all classes anymore without paying extra is a bit drastic if you ask me.
    Dobric 100 guardian Dobs 101 burglar Dorblin 64 runekeeper Dobli 37 minstrel Dimbli 20 champion Dobriel 20 loremaster Dabeldor 23 captain Dobegar 21 hunter Dobebrand 21 warden Dobeorn 23 beorning | Moved from Snowbourn and Gilrain to Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Ollof View Post
    Exactly. My concern is that Brandywine is being blocked from transfers because of population, according to the login stats Evernight isn't far off (89k vs 69k). So what happens after the first round or two if Turbine decide that Evernight is full?

I think that non-RP players will potentially feel forced onto the the RP server.

--------------------------
    Why would they feel forced onto an RP server when there are other servers to choose from... Vyv had stated in the world transfer thread that the servers will be able to handle the new load and these 'accepting servers' will not be closed to further immigration.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000e3a65/signature.png]Lydiawulf[/charsig]

Prospective Closure Schedule and Questions

Meneldor was not selected as one of the five LOTRO NA Servers to remain operating. It will be the last server to open for transfers, based on the posted list. As I understand it, the first pair of servers to be open for transfer out will be Elindilmir (NA) and Estil (EU), which should open for outbound transfers in about 2 weeks (Aug 17 or so). The tentative sequence and schedule will be two servers (1 NA, 1 EU, by the list) to open for transfer every two weeks, about as noted below:

Aug 17 - Elendilmir (NA) & Estel (EU)

Aug 31 - Riddermark (NA) & Gilrain (EU)

Sept 14 - Firefoot (NA) & Eldar (EU)

Sept 28 - Nimrodel (NA) & Anduin (EU)

Oct 12 - Windfola (NA) & Morthond (EU)

Oct 26 - Imladris (NA) & Maiar (EU)

Nov 9 - Darrowdelf (NA) & Vanyar (EU)

Nov 23 - Silverlode (NA) & Withywindle (EU)

Dec 7 - Vilya (NA) & Snowbourn (EU)

Dec 21 - Meneldor (NA)

This is tentative and subject to change; it also puts Meneldor in a bit of a pinch, as the closing servers "... will be closed to play at the beginning of 2016." Now "beginning of 2016" sounds to me like Jan 1, so I would hope either the schedule to be accelerated a bit or the the 'end date' to flex back a bit to allow Meneldorites (Meneldorians?) more time to find their new homes.

Now I believe that the schedule in Vyvyanne's initial post on the closures is a 'best guess/best intents' target and not necessarily a 'locked-down plan', and am also well aware that any problems with the transfer system may cause some upset - generating 'what if' questions that can not be answered, so I'll try not to ask them. But one question that I think might be possible to answer is: Is "the beginning of 2016" the date January 1, 2016? And is it fixed (like by contracts for the existing computer facilities) or is it a 'target date' that might be flexed a week or two if the transfer process hits a snag or two along the way?

If it is firm, and the target schedule is met, that puts Meneldor-based players in a 10-day window at the end of the year (Christmas/New Years Holiday Season) to relocate. If the transfer schedule slips (which is frequently the only was a schedule moves), things only get worse. Perhaps the transfer process will go smoothly and the last few can be moved forward, but that would have to be considered a very, very fortunate outcome from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by can0peas View Post
    Meneldor was not selected as one of the five LOTRO Servers to remain operating. It will be the last server to open for transfers. As I understand it, the first pair of servers to be open for transfer out will be Elindilmir (NA) and Estil (EU), which should open for outbound transfers in about 2 weeks (Aug 17 or so). The tentative sequence and schedule will be two servers (1 NA, 1 EU, by the list) to open for transfer every two weeks, about as noted below:

Aug 17 - Elendilmir (NA) & Estel (EU)

Aug 31 - Riddermark (NA) & Gilrain (EU)

Sept 14 - Firefoot (NA) & Eldar (EU)

Sept 28 - Nimrodel (NA) & Anduin (EU)

Oct 12 - Windfola (NA) & Morthond (EU)

Oct 26 - Imladris (NA) & Maiar (EU)

Nov 9 - Darrowdelf (NA) & Vanyar (EU)

Nov 23 - Silverlode (NA) & Withywindle (EU)

Dec 7 - Vilya (NA) & Snowbourn (EU)

Dec 21 - Meneldor

This is tentative and subject to change; it also puts Meneldor in a bit of a pinch, as the closing servers "... will be closed to play at the beginning of 2016." Now "beginning of 2016" sounds to me like Jan 1, so I would hope either the schedule to be accelerated a bit or the the 'end date' to flex back a bit to allow Meneldorites (Meneldorians?) more time to find their new homes.

Now I believe that the schedule in Vyvyanne's initial post on the closures is a 'best guess/best intents' target and not necessarily a 'locked-down plan', and am also well aware that any problems with the transfer system may cause some upset - generating 'what if' questions that can not be answered, so I'll try not to ask them. But one question that I think might be possible to answer is: Is "the beginning of 2016" the date January 1, 2016? And is it fixed (like by contracts for the existing computer facilities) or is it a 'target date' that might be flexed a week or two if the transfer process hits a snag or two along the way?

If it is firm, and the target schedule is met, that puts Meneldor-based players in a 10-day window at the end of the year (Christmas/New Years Holiday Season) to relocate. If the transfer schedule slips (which is frequently the only was a schedule moves), things only get worse. Perhaps the transfer process will go smoothly and the last few can be moved forward, but that would have to be considered a very, very fortunate outcome from my experience.
    If the initial transfers go without too many hiccoughs, we could actually see the timescale shortened, subject only to any hard/software limitations on the numbers of simultaneous transfers.

Transfers between remaining worlds

If you are a kin leader on Arkenstone can you still transfer the kin to Landroval? In other words, can remaining worlds transfer between one another under the same guidelines as those that are closing?

Question

How do we receive the gift boxes? Do we have transfer first? or Is there a certain release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    Ouch. An EU ouch. I wasn't expecting to see Snowbourn close. I still don't really understand keeping 3 of the 5 servers basically closed to the English-speaking community. English-language players have one server to choose from, if they don't wish to RP. And what of Laurelin, taking in 50% of the refugees? What is that going to do to its community? Green Dragon Friday will be a lot less fun with 300 participants.

I appreciate us English are known for our inability to speak other languages. Sorry about that; by the time we realise it's generally too late. But the French and German players, their English is good, or it's passable. They'd manage. They have their own kins and communities if they want their own lingual experience, like Eldar's Bulgarians and Spanish do, it's not uncommon.

The EU's been hit hardest here. US players have 5 servers to choose from. EU players have pretty much a single choice.
    Perhaps their thinking is that with the ability to roll a character on any of the 5 English speaking servers on the NA side that it was more important to look after the other language groups? I don't know. I do know that if you area French speaking Canadian (1 of our 2 official languages) or any of the Spanish North or South American speaking folks you are stuck on an EN server or have to go to one of the EU ones...

There are already many players from Snowbourn on Brandy, don't know about other servers.

Not trying to diminish your angst here, just pointing out there are options for the English speakers that don't exist for others. Heck our Kin Leader lives in London and we have players from western and eastern Europe in our kin on Brandy.

I really hope all goes well for the people on closing servers, I have some toons to move myself but feel very fortunate that is all I have to work through.

Lothhil, BW

EDIT: Added note: I just realised I totally glossed over the fact you would have to re-roll to play on a NA server. That was not intentional! My apologies I know how hard it is to start from scratch - I did it on Brandy as I couldn't afford a transfer a few years ago.
    Last edited by Eirika; Aug 03 2015 at 10:56 AM.
    'I'm a hunter, I have all the defensive capability of a wet dishrag' - Lothhil

Well, they've already added the two free character slots (thank you), but no in-game email about the changes, which Frelorn said would happen in today's patch.
    Last edited by Alianne_EU; Aug 03 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TharbadThief View Post
    Well, you dont need to RP to play in Laurelin.
    As long as you dont have characters McKiller, Ikillyerokses, Yoloslayer etc etc, and know not to go ape in first RP interaction you happen to meet...
    Most of people on Laurelin dont RP, but we respect these who do, and take part in their RP from time to time.
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by soddyhouse View Post
    How do we receive the gift boxes? Do we have transfer first? or Is there a certain release date?
    Gift boxes will be distributed with the next game update.

Quote Originally Posted by can0peas View Post
    snip list of dates
    Are those your dates or Turbine's official dates? If they are yours, I would recommend not posting stuff like that...I have a feeling it's only going to add to the chaos (y'know, being unofficial and possibly not accurate)

I guess the Germans should prepare to take in a lot of English-speakers because Evernight is going to be full to bursting.
    Jinxycat | Spinnerette
    Inept Officer | Creatures of the Fiery Kind

Transfer Launcher Buttion MIA?

Hi Frelorn,

I'm not seeing the transfer button in the launcher, even when I select Meneldor (a closing server). Is it settings-dependent? And if so, what setting needs to be on/off to make the button visible?

Thanks!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast