We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Game launching and subscription to LoTRO?

Well, it's been a while since I last played Lord of The Rings Online, roughly two years. However I remember that LoTRO was a game in which could be freely played by anyone as long as you owned a free account. Yet whenever I launch the game and error message saying that I don't have a LoTRO subscribtion. Has something changed to the point in which a subscription is required to play now?

Each Turbine account (username/password) can have multiple game subscriptions on it. A LOTRO subscription is required to play LOTRO. A DDO subscription is required to play DDO. And so on. The characters are tied to the specific game subscription they were created on. A LOTRO subscription will only handle LOTRO characters, and a DDO subscription will only handle DDO characters.

From the account's point of view, a subscription is needed for the game you want to play. In this case, a LOTRO subscription. It applies to all account types (Free, Premium, and VIP), and has nothing to do with whether or not you are paying for the game.

If you log in and get a missing subscription error message, it means the account you are logging into does not have any game subscription for LOTRO. So, no LOTRO subscription means the account is not set up to play LOTRO.

Are you sure you are logging in with the same account you played LOTRO on before?
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Subscription is a very poor word choice by Turbine. In this situation subscription means that you do not have a Lotro account attached to your Turbine account.

In your case, the creation date (August 2015) on your forum account suggests that your Turbine account is brand new. I suggest you contact Turbine account management. Given them your ownership information such as real name, telephone number, address. Have them search the accounting database for your two year old account.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbin57 View Post
    Well, it's been a while since I last played Lord of The Rings Online, roughly two years. However I remember that LoTRO was a game in which could be freely played by anyone as long as you owned a free account. Yet whenever I launch the game and error message saying that I don't have a LoTRO subscribtion. Has something changed to the point in which a subscription is required to play now?
    This just happened to me, but somehow it stopped... i think it somehow a thing?

????????

????? ? ?????? ?????? ? ????? ????? ?????? ??? ??? ?????? ???? ????? ?????????

Angry

I'm not buying the account creation nonsense. I am installing LOTRO on a new pc. It's been a few months since I've played. I'm using the same account name. I'm getting this error. Try something creative instead of a canned response.