We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bingo Boffin has gone missing!

A kinmate went to go and do the quest for Bingo Boffin on an alt, after having done it on his main already, and Bingo has disappeared from outside his hobbit hole. I went to check it out (I also looked for Bert Bartleby near the stable), and neither were there - is this early prep for next week's story, or did the maintenance somehow screw up the episodic content?
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Arbor is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Quality Assurance
    Turbine, Inc.
    Restarting the servers unfortunately caused the event to reset, which is most definitely unintended. We're currently working to jog Bingo's memory that he should be going on an adventure

You'll start seeing him again shortly
    Your friendly QA tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
    Restarting the servers unfortunately caused the event to reset, which is most definitely unintended. We're currently working to jog Bingo's memory that he should be going on an adventure

Great, thanks! Also, Arbor, in your role as friendly QA tree, would you mind taking a look into the problems in the thread below? Thanks a lot

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-and-Bree-land
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Arbor is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Quality Assurance
    Turbine, Inc.
    I can make the proper people aware of it but there's not much I can personally do aside from that
    Your friendly QA tree.

I see he's quite the ash, leafing us and off chasing squirrels. I swear... hobbitses need to just stay planted in one place... silly saps...

So, as you were saying in that other thread, it will continue to work, unless it stops to do same, which it now did?

m(

SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

I can make the proper people aware of it but there's not much I can personally do aside from that
    Anything you can do to help the problem be resolved, considering how big the problem is, would be very much appreciated, even if that only means passing it on to the appropriate people who might not see it otherwise

Does this mean I cannot complete the quest? I missed out on it on the 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey22 View Post
    Does this mean I cannot complete the quest? I missed out on it on the 22nd.
    The quest can't be completed at the moment, but they said originally that the intention was to allow you to start the quests up at any point, so when its fixed you'll be able to do the quest at any point

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    The quest can't be completed at the moment, but they said originally that the intention was to allow you to start the quests up at any point, so when its fixed you'll be able to do the quest at any point
    Bingo's back, and has been since yesterday. Shout-out to Arbor for quick action!

For future reference, I should probably note something about the way that Bingo works as a bestower for his quests. Once you successfully complete a Bingo quest and leave the area, you'll no longer see him. This means that if your character goes to see if he's around, and you've already completed his quest, you still won't see him -- but a character who still has his quest to complete will be able to run up and see Bingo with no problem. This is a quest state thing that's required for the 'start his quest arc at any time, even if you missed a week' tech, so while it makes it a little tricky to troubleshoot, it's overall a good thing to have.

Yesterday was a special case, but most of the time it's normal to not see Bingo if you've already done his quest for that week.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    Bingo's back, and has been since yesterday. Shout-out to Arbor for quick action!

For future reference, I should probably note something about the way that Bingo works as a bestower for his quests. Once you successfully complete a Bingo quest and leave the area, you'll no longer see him. This means that if your character goes to see if he's around, and you've already completed his quest, you still won't see him -- but a character who still has his quest to complete will be able to run up and see Bingo with no problem. This is a quest state thing that's required for the 'start his quest arc at any time, even if you missed a week' tech, so while it makes it a little tricky to troubleshoot, it's overall a good thing to have.

Yesterday was a special case, but most of the time it's normal to not see Bingo if you've already done his quest for that week.

MoL
    Ooh, excellent, that was very fast!

Soooo... not even a week.....

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Soooo... not even a week.....
    New mantra: Wednesday is Bingo Day.
    New server transfer priority plan: Active accounts have Bingo Badges. Inactive ones do not. You heard it here first.
    Tuco of the Quick Post