We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 70 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2619

Thread: World Transfers

  1. #1726
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    So I just am popping in before the long weekend to let you guys know that we have made more progress on transfer and hardware set up and things are coming along.

    I am working on an announcement for the start of closing world transfers and need to get that translated. I aim to have that announcement out to you next week.

    I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy the last of the summer sun!
    Vyvyanne
    Thanks for letting us know and enjoy your long weekend. I sure will enjoy mine!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  2. #1727
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Suffolk Uk
    Posts
    201
    Thanks for the update Vyvyanne, have a good weekend!!!
    Ratkill-Warleader-Rank 15
    Legion Of Lost Souls-Officer [Evennight]

  3. #1728
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Australasia
    Posts
    12

    Thanks, and please don't forget transfers between remaining worlds ...

    Thanks, Vyvyanne, happy long weekend, and when you all get back please don't forget about transfers between remaining worlds, for those of us whose transfer attempts failed. Our tickets have been marked as closed without those issues being resolved, and we've been told to wait for intra-world transfers to be opened again but with no news about when this next round will happen.

  4. #1729
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,258
    I'm hoping for an update today, but Vyvyanne said "this week" and there are 3 more days in that.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  5. #1730
    Quote Originally Posted by Telvrandir View Post
    Thanks, Vyvyanne, happy long weekend, and when you all get back please don't forget about transfers between remaining worlds, for those of us whose transfer attempts failed. Our tickets have been marked as closed without those issues being resolved, and we've been told to wait for intra-world transfers to be opened again but with no news about when this next round will happen.
    Same Good chance the translators got drunk yesterday and had to call in sick today, as well, but I am hoping for a good write up to read on Thursday I am going to miss Firefoot, and not going to really expand on that, but this whole transfer has been causing a lot of anxiety and looking forward to putting it behind us.

  6. #1731
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldeshire View Post
    Same Good chance the translators got drunk yesterday and had to call in sick today, as well, but I am hoping for a good write up to read on Thursday I am going to miss Firefoot, and not going to really expand on that, but this whole transfer has been causing a lot of anxiety and looking forward to putting it behind us.
    Based on the times the German and French notifications were posted, I think they MAY actually have hired people that work/live in the EU time zone.... unless they work at night of course.

    It's past 17:00 in Boston now anyways, and Vyvyanne probably has gone home unless she is working late today....

    Tomorrow. Maybe. :P
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  7. #1732
    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Based on the times the German and French notifications were posted, I think they MAY actually have hired people that work/live in the EU time zone.... unless they work at night of course.

    It's past 17:00 in Boston now anyways, and Vyvyanne probably has gone home unless she is working late today....

    Tomorrow. Maybe. :P
    You are most likely right I don't know much about how Turbine is ran or where all their people they use are located. Maybe we will learn a conclusive time tomorrow

  8. #1733

    World Transfer Extrem Gigantic slowly

    Someone remember 2011? All European Lotro Servers goes from Codemasters in Europe To Global Turbine Servers in Boston, it tooks about 3 days...And a new Ping for 4 years of approx. 130ms instead of 30ms for the European Players ... Now 4 Years later The Global Servers went to Europe again, and it took Months...What`s the Gigantic Problem to transfer Characters from older Servers in Boston to faster DataCenters in Amsterdam? Only 5 Datacenters in Europe, and the Hardware doesn`t complete?...

  9. #1734
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Munzel View Post
    Someone remember 2011? All European Lotro Servers goes from Codemasters in Europe To Global Turbine Servers in Boston, it tooks about 3 days...And a new Ping for 4 years of approx. 130ms instead of 30ms for the European Players ... Now 4 Years later The Global Servers went to Europe again, and it took Months...What`s the Gigantic Problem to transfer Characters from older Servers in Boston to faster DataCenters in Amsterdam? Only 5 Datacenters in Europe, and the Hardware doesn`t complete?...
    The servers haven't moved yet. And when they do, you won't notice all that much, it's just going to be transplanting data and moving over virtual machine files.

    No servers have moved yet. So relax and enjoy the show
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  10. #1735
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Home is the Moors, roaming around .....
    Posts
    421
    I actually think this server merge is the beginning to the final closure to the whole game in many respects. The game has lasted very well over the years but slowly and surely things have been getting slower to update, less updates, and less information even though we were always told the news/information would get better.

    I don't see the new hardware being implemented at all, as it has been months since they 'allegedly' started it and there has been no new update in regards to how they are doing with it all. Those servers should've been in place by now and ready for the server merges. The 5 old servers in EU will be soooo lagged out that many people will simply walk away from the game completely - me included as I feel what is the point in paying for a service that is sub-standard, slow, zero customer service and no information.
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    ~ the names Marks .... BiteMarks ~
    [/CENTER]

  11. #1736
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Posts
    2,936
    Frankly, there are so many events and information and posts proving you wrong that I wont bother to even try to make a list.

    I will grant you that many wants to see Turbine do more with this game, but to blatantly deny and refuse what has been occurring the last 6-8 months and the information posted by Turbine staff, well that is a bit too harsh.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

  12. #1737
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,258
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteMarks View Post
    I actually think this server merge is the beginning to the final closure to the whole game in many respects. The game has lasted very well over the years but slowly and surely things have been getting slower to update, less updates, and less information even though we were always told the news/information would get better.

    I don't see the new hardware being implemented at all, as it has been months since they 'allegedly' started it and there has been no new update in regards to how they are doing with it all. Those servers should've been in place by now and ready for the server merges. The 5 old servers in EU will be soooo lagged out that many people will simply walk away from the game completely - me included as I feel what is the point in paying for a service that is sub-standard, slow, zero customer service and no information.
    In my opinion it is the other way around. Turbine has been more communicative since Vyvyanne and Frelorn are part of the forums. They have laid out exactly what is going to happen, and you should expect another update today or tomorrow or so with the latest status.

    The new hardware has NOT been implemented yet, they have always stated that it hasn't happened yet and that it will happen both separately and concurrently to the transfers.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  13. #1738
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    your mind
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteMarks View Post
    ...less information even though we were always told the news/information would get better.
    Actually there's been a tremendous turn-around in the news/info front with the new management, completely unlike the former management and staff member who no longer works there. Rather than demanding unwarranted respect based upon a theory of, "I have the power to suspend you and use it indiscriminately", the new management has earned respect from many of us. There has been regular updates such that we've known about the hardware delays along the way, rather than left in the dark as before.

    The 5 old servers in EU will be soooo lagged out that many people will simply walk away from the game completely...
    Per a podcast interview with the executive manager and community manager, internal testing showed just one of the new servers would be able to handle the entire EU population alone, so vice-versa, your claim of potential worse lag is specious. So my question is, when you gain reduced latency and lag reduction, will you contribute more to the game financially since you are so quick to claim the reverse if things get worse?
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

  14. #1739
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,132
    Ode to bucko:
    Quote Originally Posted by BiteMarks View Post
    I actually think this server merge is the beginning to the final closure to the whole game in many respects.
    Yeah it could be. However... The same could have been said about my other game. It opened in 2001/2 I believe. EA had just closed Earth and Beyond. They hadn't yet set their sights on a new development company to close so it was healthy. In 2003 or 4, they released an expansion that was, like Moria, huge and complicated. It wasn't implemented correctly. "The Sky is Falling" was a popular theme. Their last paid retail expansion was released before lotro released, about the time I put down a huge chunk of change on a game I'd only played for about a week... in beta. That game is 14 years old. If you log into their pvp level cap zones you can see, at any time of day or night, people getting killed and pve objectives to draw more people out to get killed -all the time-. I'd recommend the 14 day trial if it weren't for the fact that it can sometimes take a week to get your EA/Origin account set up if you make a mistake. So don't go there. Its a scary place, those New Frontiers.
    The game has lasted very well over the years but slowly and surely things have been getting slower to update, less updates, and less information even though we were always told the news/information would get better.
    I used to work for an answering service, back before everyone had cell phones. What a flash in the pan idea that was, eh? I answered late at night for cable companies, back before satellite tv. That means when there was an outage I was the person that took the name and address and ph # of the person without cable. If I got a few in the same area I called the on call tech and he investigated. People always asked me for an update or to call the tech. They needed to know when the cable would be back up. My response, "Do you really want me to call each time a person asks me to get an update? Or would you rather I let the guy do his job, with his clothes on since I woke him up, or would you like me to keep asking him if it was up yet?" When nobody was working on the problem I let them know it was probably just their cable which would be addressed by the office the next morning. The only people who were not satisfied with that answer were people calling in about their Playboy acct being *cough* cut off or people who hadn't paid their bill... including people who were sponging off their neighbors without their knowledge.
    Vyv checks in with us (players) a lot more often than Rowan or Kate ever did. I believe that sometimes the producers letters were actually written by Sapience as his name was on a couple of those letters. I have nothing against either of those EP but truthfully I don't think they really considered the players as more than $$. They were busy captaining the ship. Sapience was left to deal with the players, with or without gloves.
    I don't see the new hardware being implemented at all,
    I lol'd.
    as it has been months since they 'allegedly' started it and there has been no new update in regards to how they are doing with it all. Those servers should've been in place by now and ready for the server merges.
    Orly? judging by your expertise with moving electronics across the ocean and setting up your Dell Insperion? Just because your Cox cable took less than 2 weeks to set up doesn't mean lotro is on a waiting list for AoL to send them an install CD. On HGTV it takes less than 3 days to knock down a wall and throw up some drywall. My daughter-in-law is just changing closets in the kids bedrooms so that they can each have their own. Its been 3 weeks and the electrical just went in. Yesterday they finished the drywall, afterwards. Personally, I do not want a blow by blow of the complications. For all we know Turbine was originally sent Commodore64's and are yelling at the company that they need to upgrade past ancient history. But you've never had to deal with getting the wrong thing and sending it back, right?
    The 5 old servers in EU will be soooo lagged out that many people will simply walk away from the game completely - me included as I feel what is the point in paying for a service that is sub-standard, slow, zero customer service and no information.
    Lets ignore the fact that people are already complaining about that on Brandywine for a moment. EU has more reason to have MORE -Worlds- [note I did not say servers. that is important] than the NA servers [sic] just because of the languages. I firmly believe that NA is getting 5 worlds just because the EU is getting 5 worlds. I'm pretty sure that Turbine wanted to ace out the french worlds but they have a solid player base, and they didn't want to put the french localization team out of work. [j/k]

    And, unless I miss my guess, currently all worlds are on the same set of servers, correct? If they put new hardware in Amsterdam that will take approx half the worlds to Europe. Half of them stay on US soil. So in essence, the ~30 worlds of play will be split into ~15 play areas and the EU half will move closer to the players in said equipment. That right there should make it easier on the load. Each area of the game, such as Dol Amroth, may get more activity but that should be a set up issue, as in how much of this resource will we need to use here so that people don't see DA as a slide show. Or did you think there was one IBM with a 4 tb hd that housed Evernight in its entirety?

    The fact that the EU servers are moving the EU worlds to Amsterdam, means all of the open worlds should have a better connection and less lag. I would feel bad for the Russians, and I do. They got dumped by their game manager. Nothing was moved nor was there any grace period. They just got dumped. Turbine had NO customer information so anyone who was a ffl just became f2p. Let us add to the mix that they went to a populated server, Brandywine. They are not Oceanic. They are not NA. They are as much EU as Italy. They can't even approximate their alphabet in game mail. I don't think it works on the forums either. All you see is ??? so they have to be at least bi lingual. So we have a group of players who can't use their own language in mail, have lost all they had in the shut down, are stuck on a world that will connect through New Jersey and not Amsterdam, and have to read the game in English, French or German, much like any Spanish, Greek, Italian, who have been able to get used to that over 8 years. Turbine could have said, "You're on your own, Russia." and not had to deal with extra international issues that brings to the game. I'd say they bent over backwards to accommodate them, and not just because they wanted their $$. They could all have come f2p. For all we know they could be the single largest geographical group of subscribers, other than the US.

    So, unless the game shuts down in the next 6 months I'm going with, "You, sir, are wrong."

    Please feel free to correct any an all parts of this post. I'm not really int'l traveler.
    ...
    Sig looked hideous so I sent it to its room. It can come back and
    show off after it has thought about what it did.

  15. #1740

    Announcement is up!

    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...nsfers-Opening!

    Thanks for the update Vyvyanne! I can't wait until Monday!

  16. #1741
    Vyv,

    Will we be able to transfer between the remaining worlds as well or just off of the closing worlds?

  17. #1742
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    For now closing worlds take priority. We will turn transfers for remaining worlds back on after the new hardware is in place which is looking like it will be towards the end of Fall.

  18. #1743
    so is snowy still penciled in for dec 7 subject to change of course....

  19. #1744
    Thanks for the info! When they are available, will they still be free regardless of the previous Oct 1 deadline in case we don't like our first choice of servers?

  20. #1745
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by forwarden View Post
    so is snowy still penciled in for dec 7 subject to change of course....
    We hope to have all transfers available again before the holidays

  21. #1746
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by celticladywolf View Post
    Thanks for the info! When they are available, will they still be free regardless of the previous Oct 1 deadline in case we don't like our first choice of servers?
    We are working on a plan that will allow a limited opportunity for a free switch if you are already on a remaining server in case you are unhappy with your current home after all the closing worlds have begun moving. More details once we are closer and have the plan solidified.

  22. #1747
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    We hope to have all transfers available again before the holidays
    Before which holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas or is this going to drag out into 2016.

  23. #1748
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvalin View Post
    Before which holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas or is this going to drag out into 2016.
    Judging by Asheron's Call being broken for more than 2 weeks because of server transfers to the new datacenter, don't get your hopes up that Turbine can pull off moving LotRO during the holidays. Expect this to drag out till March / April.

    http://massivelyop.com/2015/09/09/as...ter-two-weeks/
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

  24. #1749
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,258

    Vyvyanne - Questions

    Vyvyanne, I have a few questions with regards to the coming transfers:

    1) Will character creation be disabled on Elendilmir and the other sunsetting servers when it is their turn? I am asking this because once transfers start on Elendilmir, it is likely that "good names" become available there. I had planned to see if some of my names will BECOME available due to the original transferring off, so I can subsequently transfer them to Arkenstone (provided, of course, the original name holder didn't go there). Additionally, there has been talk of people that want to create a lot of characters on sunsetting servers to eventually come to "Catch-22" or "Magnificent-7" or "Fantastic-4" or "Oceans-11" or even "Route-66" with a lot of F2P accounts....and so on, and so on. In my opinion character creation should be disabled.

    2) Those wanting to go to Brandywine: You stated that transfers to Brandywine won't be opened up till the end of the year. Will people that want to go to Brandywine have to remain on their old servers in order to transfer to Brandywine for free, or can they transfer to one of the other four servers NOW, and still get a free transfer to Brandywine when the time comes?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  25. #1750
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Vyvyanne, I have a few questions with regards to the coming transfers:

    1) Will character creation be disabled on Elendilmir and the other sunsetting servers when it is their turn? I am asking this because once transfers start on Elendilmir, it is likely that "good names" become available there. I had planned to see if some of my names will BECOME available due to the original transferring off, so I can subsequently transfer them to Arkenstone (provided, of course, the original name holder didn't go there). Additionally, there has been talk of people that want to create a lot of characters on sunsetting servers to eventually come to "Catch-22" or "Magnificent-7" or "Fantastic-4" or "Oceans-11" or even "Route-66" with a lot of F2P accounts....and so on, and so on. In my opinion character creation should be disabled.



    2) Those wanting to go to Brandywine: You stated that transfers to Brandywine won't be opened up till the end of the year. Will people that want to go to Brandywine have to remain on their old servers in order to transfer to Brandywine for free, or can they transfer to one of the other four servers NOW, and still get a free transfer to Brandywine when the time comes?
    1) Yes, Character creation will be disabled on closing worlds as they are opened for transfer

    2) I would recommend waiting to move your characters if Brandywine is where you know you want to go and you want to guarantee a free move. We will be implementing some sort of limited free grant for moves between remaining worlds but how free that will be and the timing is still being decided.

 

 
Page 70 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload