We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dadi's Guides (many subjects)

Hello All,

I thought I would try to centralize the guides that I have created.

Aria of the Valar

Did you use an Aria of the Valar? Some tips for you: http://dadislotroguides.com/aria-of-valar-trait-points-virtues-gear/

Big Battles

Epic Battles (Menu Screens) - This runs through the basics of the menu screens.

Epic Battles (Catapults - How To) - This walks you through all the info about catapults and how to use them.

Epic Battle - Side Quest Order

Vanguard Guide - This explains the Vanguard trait line.

Helm's Dike - Solo/Duo Platinum (How To). This is hosted on the Rare Breed kin website due to the number of pictures being limited on the LOTRO forums.

6 Man Pelargir Walkthrough
    - Hosted on the Rare Breed Kin website due to the number of pictures being limited on the LOTRO forums.

Deeping Wall Walkthrough (12 Man) - This is a walkthrough of the epic battle, side quests, and strategies for Platinum.

Defence of Minas Tirith (1/2/3)- This is a walkthrough of the epic battle, side quests, and strategies for Platinum.

Instances

Dome of the Stars (T1/T2)

Cisterns of Minas Tirith

Sunken Labyrinth (Defiler Induction Video)

The Silent Street

The Silent Street (Russian)

Raids

Battle for Erebor

Fires of Smaug

The Throne of the Dread Terror

Guardian

Guide to Blue Line Tanking

Imbuement

Guide to Imbuing

Damage Types, Mitigations, Avoidances, and Calculations

Damage Types, Mitigations, Avoidances, and Calculations

GAME MECHANICS

Interrupt Inductions (video)

Voice Chat

Voice Chat - How To
    Last edited by Proudcdn; Jan 01 2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Added a voice chat guide.
    dadislotroguides.com

Added Defence of Minas Tirith
    dadislotroguides.com

Added Cisterns of Minas Tirith

Added Damage Types and Calculations
    dadislotroguides.com

Updated the Damage Types / Calculations.
    dadislotroguides.com

Updated the Write-up for Fires of Smaug
    dadislotroguides.com

Tnx Dadi. Very helpful guides all of them.

Updated - Added Throne of the Dread Terror
    dadislotroguides.com

Dadi, you seem the go-to-guy about guides. I'm looking for a guide about gameplay in general, and small but very handy tips. I know there is somewhere a thread about it here on the forums but i can't find it. What i mean are tips like Alt+f10 activates torch, or attacking from behind increases your damage, that kinda stuff. Do you have something like that? or a reference where that stuff is written?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sengrim

A big thanks for these guides, they make a lot more sense than anything else I have read.

Ré essences, is it worth keeping low level armour and replacing the essences as you level up?? Until now I have sold off some low level stuff, and currently have a level 72 that is lagging behind my mostly 80+ armour (level 76 Hunter). Your guide on the subject seems to talk only about 100+ gear.

The guide suggestion mentioned above would be fantastic, I suspected shooting people in the back improved the damage, but having it confirmed is a big help, Bards Arrow and the best shot I manage a few seconds later!!

Quote Originally Posted by fighterkill View Post
    Dadi, you seem the go-to-guy about guides. I'm looking for a guide about gameplay in general, and small but very handy tips. I know there is somewhere a thread about it here on the forums but i can't find it. What i mean are tips like Alt+f10 activates torch, or attacking from behind increases your damage, that kinda stuff. Do you have something like that? or a reference where that stuff is written?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sengrim
    These sorts of things are not all in one place that I know of. I do have much of it on my kin website, perhaps I can consolidate it in to a guide for Dadi's LOTRO Guides. I am camping until after Aug 5, so it will definitely not be started before then.
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    A big thanks for these guides, they make a lot more sense than anything else I have read.

Ré essences, is it worth keeping low level armour and replacing the essences as you level up?? Until now I have sold off some low level stuff, and currently have a level 72 that is lagging behind my mostly 80+ armour (level 76 Hunter). Your guide on the subject seems to talk only about 100+ gear.

The guide suggestion mentioned above would be fantastic, I suspected shooting people in the back improved the damage, but having it confirmed is a big help, Bards Arrow and the best shot I manage a few seconds later!!
    There is no question that positional damage exists in game; in fact, some skills even get extra bonuses when attacking from behind (i.e. burglar).

As for essences, it really does not make a lot of sense to gear yourself pre-100 with essences because leveling from "x" to 105 is so quick that you outgrow the gear at too quick a pace. Most of the quest stuff and random drops are better anyway. At 100 you can begin gearing your essences and then swap them out when you hit 105.
    dadislotroguides.com

OK, thanks. I was worried I have been throwing away stuff that I could keep upgrading for many levels.

Currently I have the item loaded with various L3 tactical essences, as I am otherwise weak in those areas; but as soon as I get something higher level that can replace those, I will ditch it.

There do seem to be gaps in the grind, it took ages to get through lvl 75, then lvl 76 took a few hours!! I had this a while back in the 60's; grind and grind for weeks to get through a few levels, then the next 5 or 6 came faster than I could see them!!

As for attacking from behind, it seems to work a LOT, I have been charging up behind various monsters on my warsteed and inflicting 50-70% damage with the first blow on some of them, and demounted several on the first strike (10-16K mounted Orcs).
    Camping, I see the Rain God loves you; it is the same with me, I can book a week off in the middle of a drought, and THAT will be the week the monsoon/hurricane hits!!

Had a plague of snails last time, crunch, crunch, crunch, to the toilet block and back; you couldnt take a step without killing a dozen of them.

Added:

Did you use an Aria of the Valar? Some tips for you: http://dadislotroguides.com/aria-of-...-virtues-gear/
    dadislotroguides.com