We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The new PvMP Armour sets.

The sets have 4 audacity instead of 3. This yields a total of 25 audacity which means:

Thoughts and opinions:

There is too much tactical mitigation on the sets. I would suggest swapping some (or most) of it to physical. Tactical mitigation is easy to cap, while we need far more physical mitigation to cap Orc-craft mits.
    There is enough critical defence on the armour to reach 61% without any other equipment. Maybe replace some of the critical defence for physical mitigation or raw morale.
    And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.

I'd like to see actual bonuses on the armor like +damage or +HoTs/DoTs type of stuff like the pve Osgiliath armor or past armor sets.

I agree that the mits and crit d are weird bonuses with how easy it is to cap and the raw stats already on the armor.

They're also forcing people to get the new armor (again) because of the audacity going up to 25. What if you decide to not have full audacity to get a bonus on the existing Moors armor like, for example, the Warden incoming healing debuff? Either reduce the audacity cap down to 19 like it is now or just get rid of it in general (which would make this armor basically obsolete minus the mits/crit d/raw morale stats on them).

It'd be nice if we could also get a little bit more of an increase for comms to about 20k instead of 15k.

On a somewhat related note, I hope that they change the cosmetic appearance if we're still not able to use cosmetics in the Moors because the recycled stuff is lackluster. :P
    Last edited by mobrien09; Jun 26 2015 at 03:41 PM.
    GLADDEN
    Achaius - R13 Warden; Ilrohil - R8 Champion; Ritthir - R6 Captain; Bradai - R4 Burglar

Not sure we needed damage with Audacity, but hey, let's make the gap between a more experienced PvPer and a newbie even larger.

Well...Freep healers obviously needed another huge buff.

The recycled cosmetics are awful. Are we ever going to be able to use outfits in the Moors again? Please?

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

5. I echo the sentiments thus far - raw stat bonuses are a bit odd. And phys mit would be better than tact mit on these. Crit defence ... it's a lot, but it means you don't need to slot any elsewhere so I can understand that one. But it is a lot. Maybe tone it down to 1700 on each piece and remove the set bonus? So you get more like a 10k rating at the end than 15k. If folks wanna go over 50% then they can add it themselves.
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

As a LM i dont like -60percent crowd control duration(same audacity for creeps ofc.). It should be at max = 50percent.
    Why dmg bonus, is like devs dont know how to forced ppl use those armour. So they just add +dmg bonus and force players wear those armour.
    So lame way to do. Again we have to grind comms for new armour, same song just new tittle
    Nevermind,keep a good job on new PvMP map.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

I'm going to be in the minority but ...

I think it's perfect how it is. This set up gives us more flexibility and with the migrations we can change virtues and have even more options with the 3 slots.

It's good too because someone that automatically hits lvl 100 is going to be able to buy and use this armour so their survivability is going to go up. Lots of people reach cap without having things like mitigations maxed out and so this helps the baby freeps live a little longer. The damage bonus is a nice counter.

Overall when I tried it in beta I was very, very happy with it.
    The one ... the only ... Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by XKSR95 View Post
    Not sure we needed damage with Audacity, but hey, let's make the gap between a more experienced PvPer and a newbie even larger.
    OP didn't check for a not so obvious change: The 30% damage reduction is granted in full at rank 1. So all players regardless of time spent have the defensive benefit. The idea is to provide incentive to target the high ranks/dangerous people first, rather than targeting weaker/newer players. This single change doesn't get us there, but it's a step in that direction.

Even my Signature is trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by KayleahSunshine View Post

I think it's perfect how it is. This set up gives us more flexibility and with the migrations we can change virtues and have even more options with the 3 slots.

It's good too because someone that automatically hits lvl 100 is going to be able to buy and use this armour so their survivability is going to go up. Lots of people reach cap without having things like mitigations maxed out and so this helps the baby freeps live a little longer. The damage bonus is a nice counter.

I'm not on beta at the moment, but if creeps don't get an equal amount of love this is going to kill the Moors. Glad you're happy with it.
    Incident

Quote Originally Posted by XKSR95 View Post
    I agree that we don't need the additional damage from audacity, it will just make things more unbalanced even if both sides are getting the same buffs. Plus 25% damage to most of the freep classes is a huge increase to dps where it stands now.
    GLADDEN
    Achaius - R13 Warden; Ilrohil - R8 Champion; Ritthir - R6 Captain; Bradai - R4 Burglar

Doubling down on Audacity instead of removing it is not the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    OP didn't check for a not so obvious change: The 30% damage reduction is granted in full at rank 1. So all players regardless of time spent have the defensive benefit. The idea is to provide incentive to target the high ranks/dangerous people first, rather than targeting weaker/newer players. This single change doesn't get us there, but it's a step in that direction.
    CC and Dmg reduction does not affect all classes equally. Healers benefit more than everyone else for obvious reasons. And in the case of Minstrel, Mastery is is largely unrequired @ lvl 100 on Armor to remain effective, this will lead to Minstrels simply stacking Morale with this improved Aud Armor...making them even more unreasonably good than they already are. And they are already outrageously good.

That everyone gets the Dmg Reduction doesn't really help new players. They will still get destroyed unless the Creep changes are really something....but one consequence will definitely be Freeps who don't wear Aud Armor getting buffed, enjoying the benefits of regular essence gear instead of suffering a trade off. Especially healers.
    Last edited by infinitewhimsy; Jun 26 2015 at 04:32 PM.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

It's also worth noting that power cost reduction has been removed from audacity. Would you like some flies with that?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    Doubling down on Audacity instead of removing it is not the answer.
    Well they won't be able to remove it. I did say that was an option but it's not going to happen. It would be a waste of money for them to get rid of it now considering the dev time put into it. Additionally, if you remove the audacity gear then there's also no point in making the new Moors essence gear because the PVE Land gear could be used in the moors which would just be more wasted dev time. I'm not saying I like audacity and I do wish it never existed in the first place but it's time to accept that it's not going away.

So, that being the case, they should just keep the audacity cap at 19 rather than increase it, especially when it would be the second time the audacity has increased for us in a span of five levels AND because of the fact that some players may want to mix and match existing freep armor bonuses with the new Moors essence gear.
    GLADDEN

lets focus on what is really importaint here, and that is not the silly poorly made lackluster cosmetic aud gear and what we should focus on is the incentive playability and rewards of the content with a emphasis on long term effects
    Captain-General Corrakkas, Hero of Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KayleahSunshine View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't been on Beta yet, but newly level 100s will not be able to just buy this armor because each piece is around 7500 comms (from what I was told) so it's not just a "Here you go, you go play in the Moors and be op." You still need to grind for it.
    Last edited by mobrien09; Jun 26 2015 at 04:31 PM.
    GLADDEN

Let's face the facts, these sets will make freeps even more OP if nothing is done about it. Creeps will need a huge buff to compensate for this increase in damage. A GM/Dev said that they have more coming for future builds, but that stuff better be good if you want creeps to stand a chance. I can run with 31k morale, 50k mastery, 2.5k overcapped mits and capped crit on champ. This is just insane.
    Also, please bring back the power cost reduction. Power games are no fun (speaking as a reaver here).
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

I like the cosmetics... heheh.

Might just PVP for that. And die a lot.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    Power games are no fun (speaking as a reaver here).
    You should go take a look at the food vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezneg View Post
    You should go take a look at the food vendors.
    I have, but consumables should be like hope/scrolls. A slight buff. Not a game changer.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

The heavy armour looks pretty cool. That light armour helm though.....; )
    Ridduk

This update renders the current set bonus armour obsolete. Right now a lot of classes really rely on those bonuses for their role, especially in groups. I would like to see a return to the set bonuses, and less emphasis on the stats on the essence armour. It's particularly odd considering people can just slot essences for those effects, whereas there is no other way to get the set bonuses other than slotting the (now completely useless) Moors sets.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien09 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because I haven't been on Beta yet, but newly level 100s will not be able to just buy this armor because each piece is around 7500 comms (from what I was told) so it's not just a "Here you go, you go play in the Moors and be op." You still need to grind for it.
    A hardcore PvPer could have the full set pretty quickly, even with the newly raised comm cap. The bigger part of the grind would be the essences themselves, crafting and running instances for them.

is that a joke or what ? +25 % damage + essences gear .... ? are creeps getting any buffs ?
    I feel grams camp coming

Quote Originally Posted by Assasiny View Post
    is that a joke or what ? +25 % damage + essences gear .... ? are creeps getting any buffs ?
    I feel grams camp coming
    you must be new here
    Captain-General Corrakkas, Hero of Legend

No gram camp..is a door kinda camp
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

Quote Originally Posted by Elemiire View Post

LOL, is this a joke? Wasn't the whole point of audacity meant to slow down combat pacing, now they add a damage buff to it?.
    Last edited by bahahaha; Jun 26 2015 at 07:53 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast