We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I've been trying to download beta game for the last 3 days. I've used the link posted in this thread for PC and it always gets stuck on downloading client_cell_3.dat and it just gets stuck at that point (around 2% of the total download). Tried removing files and starting again, tried completely clearing everything and using the link again and tried disabling firewall and anti-virus and it still gets stuck at that file.

Edit: I've uninstalled and installed it several times without problems in the last few years but this time it's the first time I get this issue.

error when trying to update the client — HTTP 503 service unavailable.
    what could be the problem?

please, help

oh, u too?

and i thought i were the only one ...

[/URL]

Are errors when starting launcher fixed yet?Last time I had to uninstall because of error 201 because it couldn't be fixed.

After downloading a get a popup saying something like this client is older than the version currently installed (I don't have Bullroarer installed previously). Has there been a new download link since the one listed in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    After downloading a get a popup saying something like this client is older than the version currently installed (I don't have Bullroarer installed previously). Has there been a new download link since the one listed in this thread?
    I'm getting this same pop-up. It says, "The previously installed software is newer than the software you are trying to install. Are you sure you want to continue?" This happens right after selecting language, so nothing has even begun to install yet. I have windows 10 so I'm wondering if the client needs to be updated. I have not installed it because I'm afraid it's trying to overwrite my live lotro client, which is in high res.

Any advice or help on this is appreciated.

I went thru with the install, it doesn't seem to have changed anything with my main install, it made a separate desktop icon. The Bullroarer client still installs under "Turbine" on the start menu tho, whereas the regular loader now installs under "StandingStoneGames"

I went thru with the install, it doesn't seem to have changed anything with my main install, it made a separate desktop icon. The Bullroarer client still installs under "Turbine" on the start menu tho, whereas the regular loader now installs under "StandingStoneGames"
    Ah. Good to know, thanks for the update.

Hello,

I'm sorry if this was already asked before, but is the server online? In my launcher it says that it's closed, yet I see people here posting some feedback and discussing the update. Sorry if I missed something, I'd just like to know if I'm the only one that has this problem.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anárion_Ancalimë View Post
    Hello,

I'm sorry if this was already asked before, but is the server online? In my launcher it says that it's closed, yet I see people here posting some feedback and discussing the update. Sorry if I missed something, I'd just like to know if I'm the only one that has this problem.

Thanks.
    It was online this past weekend, but it's offline now.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    It was online this past weekend, but it's offline now.
    Ohh I'm sorry, I missed that. Thank you for answering.

Might open again tomorrow? Or was this weekend beta just a one-off?

Might open again tomorrow? Or was this weekend beta just a one-off?
    On the Mordor stream last weekend they said it should be every weekend for an X number of weeks. So going off that it should be open again this weekend.

I can log in and it says that Bullroarer is open but when I hit play, I get this pop up.

Can’t open the data files. Check that they exist and that you have permission to write to them. The program will now exit. [201]

Any clue as to why this is happening and how I can fix it?

My launcher just freezes immediately on start up. It says "installing pre-requisites" and that's where it freezes. I tried re-installing it from a fresh download, but that didnt help either. Anyone who knows a solution? it worked just fine this morning

Can't start neither Bullroarer nor the live game myself, client gets stuck on "Installing pre-reqs" in both cases...

my client stucks here..

After downloading the files, this appears. Who can tell what is the reason? Win7

Quote Originally Posted by Kravec View Post
    After downloading the files, this appears. Who can tell what is the reason? Win7
    Same
    Yoshpot- Rank 7 Warg - "Dissapear is not just a skill but a way of life"
    Fyrnir - Warden- "It was 40 on 1. They should have brought more than 40..."

I'm also getting that. Is it because the server is currently down?

EDIT: The server is up, but I am still getting the same message as Kravec and Vodhr. Is there a solution? I am on Windows 10.

EDIT: Devs, if you're reading this, I think the problem is with the choice to download the "high textures" or not. The first time I chose that option, and got the error. This time I downloaded what was supposedly the "non high texture" version, and it worked. But it still gave me the high textures, which I believe is now the default for the client?
    Last edited by Liarie; Jul 16 2017 at 11:39 AM.

Aerlinneth's Page at The Laurelin Archives

I downloaded the Bullroarer client yesterday. Unfortunately when I tried running it I kept getting a game error 201. I've removed the client and will be downloading it without the high res files to see if that makes a difference, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has a fix for this just in case it happens again. Haven't been in beta in a few years and would love to get back in there again!

Quote Originally Posted by genseerian View Post
    I downloaded the Bullroarer client yesterday. Unfortunately when I tried running it I kept getting a game error 201. I've removed the client and will be downloading it without the high res files to see if that makes a difference, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has a fix for this just in case it happens again. Haven't been in beta in a few years and would love to get back in there again!
    Bullroarer is currently closed until next weekend. I sent you a PM as well

Throllo
    Servers: Bullroarer, Gladden, Landroval (new primary), Arkenstone (Grimmtail)
    Long live Dwarrowdelf server! You shall be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by fmac81 View Post
    Bullroarer is currently closed until next weekend. I sent you a PM as well

Throllo
    Next weekend meaning today? Or in 7 days

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleEarthFamily View Post
    Next weekend meaning today? Or in 7 days
    Umm, for starters, look at the post date — I made that post 4 days ago. At that point, I had thought Bullroarer would be (as per usual) either Friday or Saturday, but this was well before SSG ran into issues opening it up again. I was responding to someone who had downloaded the beta client after the previous round of Bullroarer had already ended.

PSA: I'm not anything related to an SSG "Blue Name" or the development team for beta. In other words, your guess is as good as mine as to when the next beta will be.

Throllo
    Servers: Bullroarer, Gladden, Landroval (new primary), Arkenstone (Grimmtail)
    Long live Dwarrowdelf server! You shall be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by fmac81 View Post
    Umm, for starters, look at the post date — I made that post 4 days ago. At that point, I had thought Bullroarer would be (as per usual) either Friday or Saturday, but this was well before SSG ran into issues opening it up again. I was responding to someone who had downloaded the beta client after the previous round of Bullroarer had already ended.

PSA: I'm not anything related to an SSG "Blue Name" or the development team for beta. In other words, your guess is as good as mine as to when the next beta will be.

Throllo
    Bullroarer is able to be patched now. I just patched it and it's still closed. I expect it opening very shortly now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast