We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The famous could not patch file; lotroclient.exe error 5

Right maybe I am too blind, but I tried to find out whether Bullroarer is actually up and running. No such luck.
    My launcher gets stuck at 44% and the the error accours.
    I tried the Adminstrator start and so on. No Change.

So is the server up? Because it worked just fine last week when had my first look aorund in Minas Tirith.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlakachel View Post
    Right maybe I am too blind, but I tried to find out whether Bullroarer is actually up and running. No such luck.
    My launcher gets stuck at 44% and the the error accours.
    I tried the Adminstrator start and so on. No Change.

So is the server up? Because it worked just fine last week when had my first look aorund in Minas Tirith.
    The server is up and running.
    1:00 p.m. est

if it worked fine for you last week maybe a file or 2 got corrupted or didn't download/install properly with the last patch to build 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    • If you decide to use a custom install, please take note of where the installer wants to install the game by default before changing the path. If it is installing anywhere other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview' by default then please let us know!

I just installed, the default installation path when choosing "custom" was this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Quote Originally Posted by Thornelas View Post
    [/LIST]

I just installed, the default installation path when choosing "custom" was this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer

It's exactly the same with my install.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    So another 20 GB download...alrighty...

This will be my first ever Bullroarer venture, so bear with many silly questions. I will check this BR Forum of course.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow, and two on Laurelin
    Malancil CHN, Historian | Calchiar CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite GRD, Armourer | Tarostel HNT, Armsman | Angredeth HNT, Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by Thornelas View Post
    Mine was similar: "C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer".
    (I'm on a 32-bit platform, which probably accounts for the different Program Files directory.)

I was interested in trying this until I ran into Akamai netsession interface. I don't see a benefit for me, the user, that justifies that enormous application. After three hours it still hadn't finished downloading and it appears that I can't open Bullroarer without installing it.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Hmm, you might want to consider how you use and download the regular game, since it uses the same tech for transferring the files to your computer.

And guys, Tybur only want to know your INSTALLDIR if you alter it, so your reports about using the DEFAULT INSTALLDIR are useless.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow, and two on Laurelin
    Malancil CHN, Historian | Calchiar CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite GRD, Armourer | Tarostel HNT, Armsman | Angredeth HNT, Tinker

I have just restarted the BR client for the 8th time, after once again deleting the temporary files. To cut to the chase: basically every time I have downloaded the first 1.39gb of the installer, something happens (during the download?) that causes the installer to start throwing up 'unable to decrypt and deserialize data', and fail. I have no idea what is causing this; at best I could provide a list of the most recently downloaded files. But from the looks of it, I doubt I will be able to install the BR client (both with and without using akamai).

It fails consistently (now for an 8th time) just after downloading the intro cinematic. I doubt that this file is causing the issue, though, because copying the file from my regular lotro installation doesn't help at all.

I can't launch the lord of the ring

please help me
    I launched the loading of the beta version, which is running, but now when I try to launch the game, the regular version does not start, I can not play until it finishes loading?

all ok

loaded completed, I can play, ty
    bullr paised

Since you asked to let you know if the default install path was other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview'.

I just downloaded the Bullroarer installer, and selected custom installation. The default install path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer

Quote Originally Posted by Thald_The_Guardian View Post
    Since you asked to let you know if the default install path was other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview'.

I just downloaded the Bullroarer installer, and selected custom installation. The default install path is:

Thank you for participating in The Lord of the Rings Online™: Helm's Deep™ Beta!
    I fear I may have the wrong version of Bullroarer

Thanks for the pointer to installing on a separate drive, I'd completely forgotten to change that.

Hello!
    The invite for Saturday says All Players. But some people have said it's for VIP only.

There's a lot of f2p and premium players who want to know, can they also get onto Bullroarer for the event tomorrow? (10/24/15)
    [IMG]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/ewelaurakay/cookiesignaturecrick_zpstavmnfyd.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellowulf View Post
    Hello!
    The invite for Saturday says All Players. But some people have said it's for VIP only.

There's a lot of f2p and premium players who want to know, can they also get onto Bullroarer for the event tomorrow? (10/24/15)
    Don't know where these players got that it's for VIP only. All players can participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellowulf View Post
    Hello!

All players (VIP, Premium and Free) are welcome and should be able to access the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    All players (VIP, Premium and Free) are welcome and should be able to access the server.
    Sadly, I will not be able to participate. I have deleted & restarted the BR installer 12 times over the past 48h. It has started complaining about a corrupted download at exactly the same point every time I've tried. No idea what's going wrong, but I can't imagine it has much to do with my connection, which seems to be working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rannion View Post
    Sadly, I will not be able to participate. I have deleted & restarted the BR installer 12 times over the past 48h. It has started complaining about a corrupted download at exactly the same point every time I've tried. No idea what's going wrong, but I can't imagine it has much to do with my connection, which seems to be working fine.
    Do you have a previous install? I stopped one install and had to delete every last bit in order to reinstall (needed to get the BR client to a secondary HDD).

So , how i can copy my char to Beta? when i open the normal launcher have two options , Play or transfer , i already transfer my char to arkenstone , so i clik on transfer to Bullroarer?

Unhappy What is wrong with the installing?

"https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1PWCFBFHPN7OWMwTFMzS Fg4b1E" I have been trying to download the game for the last 3 days now and i just can't seem to move forward to complete the installations...for some reason the files just stop downloading and just does not move any longer...i am excited to join the dev team on thier test on bullrorer today and i am trying my best to download but i just don't seem to able to install the server QQ
    Last edited by Graham12065; Oct 24 2015 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladzer View Post
    So , how i can copy my char to Beta? when i open the normal launcher have two options , Play or transfer , i already transfer my char to arkenstone , so i clik on transfer to Bullroarer?
    To join the Beta Testing Server Bullroarer do the following:
    1) click the PC / MAC download link for your system from the first post of this thread
    2) download the client installer and run it (select "custom" to change install path from C-drive to alternate partition if wanted)
    3) allow the "Akamai" installer to retrieve the files
    4) can take 30mins to 3 hours for 13GB low-res or 20GB hi-res graphics game files
    5) once its downloaded it will open and start to update to latest "BETA" version
    6) allow "Turbine" if firewall prompts for that
    7) this will begin the much longer process of "updated" the game files
    8) during this time don't play the regular client or any other game to ensure a smooth install
    9) once the BETA Client has been updated close it and open your normal LOTRO Client and select "TRANSFER" and "COPY" your character to "BULLROARER"
    10) wait 5 mins for the "COPY" to complete then close the LOTRO Client and start the "BETA BULLROARER Client" and login your "Copied" character
    enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham12065 View Post
    "https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1PWCFBFHPN7OWMwTFMzS Fg4b1E" I have been trying to download the game for the last 3 days now and i just can't seem to move forward to complete the installations...for some reason the files just stop downloading and just does not move any longer...i am excited to join the dev team on thier test on bullrorer today and i am trying my best to download but i just don't seem to able to install the server QQ
    If on PC suggest you check that you have at least 40GB free space on the target partition
    - if installer failed and cannot continue suggest uninstall Beta Client then manually delete the install folder and not the normal LOTRO folder

- then run a disk defragmenter on that same partition (no need if using SSD or USB drive)
    - use a fresh install from first post of this thread but this time select "custom" and change the target path to a different partition or folder
    example:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\_BETA_\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer
    E:\Program Files (x86)\_BETA_\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer
    - close all other internet APPs such as email or games or Skype ... to prevent a corrupted download
    - walk away from the computer for 1 hour
    - allow all Firewall prompts during this process
    - once the BETA Client is installed and then started and finally Updated you can close it then relaunch Beta Client to test for further updates, once that's done suggest you now uninstall the "Akamai" downloader.
    enjoy!

see you all in today on bullroarer

Quote Originally Posted by Bladzer View Post

all you have to do is copy to bullroarer , when you click transfer it will say bullroarer choose it, then it will only give you the option to copy them to bullroarer ok.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast