We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Bullroarer client Installer - DOWNLOAD LINKS

The PC downloader/installer for the Bullroarer Public Preview Client is available:
    The Mac downloader/installer for the Bullroarer Public Preview Client is available:
    To download The Lord of the Rings Online Live client installer please visit our website: http://www.lotro.com/en/game/download

Some Notes:
    • This should not overwrite your existing Bullroarer install if you install by defaults.
    • If you decide to use a custom install, please take note of where the installer wants to install the game by default before changing the path. If it is installing anywhere other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview' by default then please let us know!
    • This is a full installer package. If you already have a working Bullroarer client, you do not need to use this installer.

Akamai Netsession
    The Akamai NetSession client allows us to quickly and reliably deliver fresh LOTRO client installations to you, and assist in the repair of missing or corrupted files in current game installations. The client utilizes Akamai’s large network of edge servers to deliver this content to you from a location which is deemed geographically closest to you, and ensures that we are able to efficiently and effectively get you what you need to play LOTRO. Although some versions of the Akamai NetSession client used by other software providers utilize Peer-to-Peer technology, we have decided not to use P2P for LOTRO. What this means is that Akamai NetSession will NOT use peer-to-peer when delivering LOTRO-related content.
    Once you install the LOTRO client, or patch your game, it will be possible to uninstall Akamai NetSession from your computer, and NetSession will not reinstall unless it is necessary to deliver a deleted file or a fresh installation. Typical game updates will not require the use of Akamai NetSession.

Please post any feedback about the installers that you may have in this thread, and please report any bugs you encounter.

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting a Mac Bullroarer Client again.

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

The Mac Client download has at least one, possibly two problems related to Apple's Gatekeeper software.

1- Upon launching the file: "The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" verification of the Disk image begins and it immediately pops up with
    "The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" can't be opened because the idenity of the developer cannot be confirmed."

This is with Apple's default security settings: System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General -- "Allow apps downloaded from "Mac App Store and identified developers only."

2- Simultaneously a second pop-up from Mac Help appears: "The app has been modified or damaged"

If you acknowledge the initial pop-up by clicking "OK" the Security & Privacy panel will immediately add: "The Lord o...nline™.app" was blocked from opening because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. A button is provided "Open Anyway."

Verification of the Disk image continues and adds the pop-up ""The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it.
    (Should you click "show web page, it goes to Turbine.com, rather than LOTRO.com)

Clicking Open allows to activity to continue until it crashes to the desktop:

Process: lotrolauncher [43971]
    Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/lotroLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS/lotrolauncher
    Identifier: com.turbine.lotrolauncher

=======
    Will file a bug report as well.

========
    Correction on crash -- as one can notice from above, being a dunce, I tried to re-launch the installer from the .dmg file instead of the /Applications directory. Naturally it will crash as the .dmg file is read only!
    Duh!

Launching from the /Applications directory, the download proceeds as expected after the Gatekeeper bypass indicated above.
    Last edited by Valamar; Jun 25 2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

client failed

I am trying to download the bullroarer client and it keeps failing what am i doing wrong?

I'm trying to install the Bullroarer client (low resolution to start) and Akamai started downloading several files, then started failing consistentyly with "Unable to decrypt and de-serialize data downloaded from the server."

Do I need to delete the directory and start over? Once it started giving me this, it keeps coming up with it, including after I reboot to make sure there are no loose connections hanging around.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    I'm trying to install the Bullroarer client (low resolution to start) and Akamai started downloading several files, then started failing consistentyly with "Unable to decrypt and de-serialize data downloaded from the server."

Do I need to delete the directory and start over? Once it started giving me this, it keeps coming up with it, including after I reboot to make sure there are no loose connections hanging around.
    I am having this same issue.. and hope to have it fixed before the test today..

I am currently trying the delete solution by Finglonger_uk: posted 21 mar 2012
    there's 2 possible fixes for your error but first try restarting the launcher, making sure the icon has gone form the task tray and from task manager before restarting

then if you still have the same problem browse to your lotro install folder which defaults to c:\program files\turbine\the lord of the rings online\
    program files(x86) on 64bit windows
    find the 4 folders patches, forward, bindat and raw. if any of the folders contain anything delete the contents
    note: some of the folders may already be empty
    restart lotro

update: I tried the solution above, NOT all the groups were found, but there were a lot of vignettes updated. the launcher started but hung at the same point.. /sigh
    Last edited by TimBenzidrine; Nov 07 2015 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimBenzidrine View Post
    I am having this same issue.. and hope to have it fixed before the test today..

I am currently trying the delete solution by Finglonger_uk: posted 21 mar 2012
    there's 2 possible fixes for your error but first try restarting the launcher, making sure the icon has gone form the task tray and from task manager before restarting

then if you still have the same problem browse to your lotro install folder which defaults to c:\program files\turbine\the lord of the rings online\
    program files(x86) on 64bit windows
    find the 4 folders patches, forward, bindat and raw. if any of the folders contain anything delete the contents
    note: some of the folders may already be empty
    restart lotro

update: I tried the solution above, NOT all the groups were found, but there were a lot of vignettes updated. the launcher started but hung at the same point.. /sigh
    Yep, I also tried that, did not help

Question

Just a question: Do I have to install the bullroarer client in order to play LOTRO after the migrations? or that's just a temporal thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Arehdiel View Post
    Just a question: Do I have to install the bullroarer client in order to play LOTRO after the migrations? or that's just a temporal thing?
    Bullroarer is our beta testing server. You do NOT have to install it to play LOTRO. Once server transfers are fully available, the transfer option will be visible in the normal LOTRO launcher (not just Bullroarer's launcher).

I keep trying to access the server but I keep getting errors. I spend 1-2hrs downloading the server and then when I try to get on it tells me that there was an error connecting to the server. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

i think this post belong here ... can anybody help me? i m geting this ... they didn't open the server?
    Argohald 115 Champion(main), Phokalin 115 Guardian, Helectra 105 Warden Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana 105 Lore master, Ellinas 100 Guardian, Armonia 65 Captain in Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post
    i think this post belong here ... can anybody help me? i m geting this ... they didn't open the server?
    From what I saw in the patch notes, you access bullroarer from the main launcher transfer button:

Your live characters may be copied to Bullroarer. In your normal game launcher, access the transfer service, select your server, select characters, select copy to Bullroarer. Copies via the transfer service CANNOT currently be accessed from the Bullroarer launcher.
    115Grd 115Min 115Hunt 115Burg 115Ch 100RK 102Wdn 100Cpt 91LM 46Brn ::Leader of Phoenix Rising, Arkenstone::
    40Grd 35Min 35Ch 40RK 40Hunt 40Wdn ::Founder of The People Person's Paper People, Evernight::

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    • If you decide to use a custom install, please take note of where the installer wants to install the game by default before changing the path. If it is installing anywhere other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview' by default then please let us know!

I just installed, the default installation path when choosing "custom" was this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer
    Fordil of Landroval, Minstrel officer of The Alliance

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?507561-GUIDE-New-to-LOTRO-hints-and-tips

Quote Originally Posted by Thornelas View Post
    [/LIST]

I just installed, the default installation path when choosing "custom" was this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer

It's exactly the same with my install.

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    So another 20 GB download...alrighty...

This will be my first ever Bullroarer venture, so bear with many silly questions. I will check this BR Forum of course.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Thornelas View Post
    Mine was similar: "C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer".
    (I'm on a 32-bit platform, which probably accounts for the different Program Files directory.)