We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hobbit female body changes?

I'm not the best at this sort of thing since I'm terrible at comparing images in my head, has anyone else noticed that the hobbit body slider isn't as exaggerated as it used to be? I think I only noticed because I only ever make my hobbits as far to the hippy/bottom heavy side as it goes and frankly the butts just don't look as big as they did.

A pretty big bummer since it's the only way I ever use hobbits. bring back the pear shaped hobbits

Yes I noticed as well. SSG seems determined to homogenize the races. Body shapes of Hobbits, faces of Elves, etc etc.

in fact I have always found that the proportion of the arms and legs was too disproportionate on the males,

On females (also on males) the size of arms and legs too and too surreal, the thin and slender arms and the giant legs making the hobbits a bit "deformed" from that point of view.

I have not noticed, however, if you have made some basic changes you have bodies in this beta ... apart from some rittocco here and the game in the unknown nothing different from the last beta on the new models,apart from some easily resolvable visual bugs (I hope).
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Arially View Post
    I'm not the best at this sort of thing since I'm terrible at comparing images in my head, has anyone else noticed that the hobbit body slider isn't as exaggerated as it used to be? I think I only noticed because I only ever make my hobbits as far to the hippy/bottom heavy side as it goes and frankly the butts just don't look as big as they did.

A pretty big bummer since it's the only way I ever use hobbits. bring back the pear shaped hobbits
    Since i some of us, can not download Bullroarer, can you post pictures to see what you mean? Please & thanks.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

I haven't really checked the Hobbits myself, but here's some screenshots from Bullroarer: https://imgur.com/a/vbln4

;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

And the ladies:

;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Personally I do not know anything different, the body is the same as it is live ... no, the hobbits have only had a "renewal" in the background of character selection, but as I said the hobbits have always had this tendency ... disproportionate in the forms of arms and legs, I hope this is revisited in a future update.

Yes, some hobbit body tweaks in this beta.

Hobbit females:

-I like the broader shoulders given to the "extreme right side" of body slider - looks realistic and good option to have for active/adventuring/physical-class characters. Plus finally a realistic body shape that isn't "dolled up" for (mostly male) MMO gamers.

Hobbit males:

-The arm musculature on the "extreme right side" of body slider is too exaggerated, like being on steroids or having too many "dwarf genes". Since this ultra beefed-up mass is linked with the slimmest/thinnest torso option, anyone who doesn't want their toons looking fat is now forced to make them look like heavyweight boxers. Ability to make slim/thin/slight builds disappears.

Solution: For the hobbits, give us TWO body sliders! One slider for overall body/torso proportions (slim ----> muscular), and another slider for the size of hobbit belly (slim ----> fat).

Give us choice to make hobbits how we want: fat hobbits with fat arms, slim hobbits with slim arms, athletic adventure hobbits, out-of-shape couch tater hobbits. pear-shape hobbits. More choices, more freedom!

Not all hobbits are fat, not all fat hobbits have noodle arms, not all thin hobbits are abusing steroids
    Last edited by Herwegur; Feb 24 2018 at 12:56 PM.
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Not all hobbits are fat, not all fat hobbits have noodle arms, not all thin hobbits are abusing steroids
    I'm not very familiar with the appearance of hobbits but I have one male hobbit I made for crafting/cooking and I wanted him to have a round stomach since he loves food so much, but his arms ended up looking scary thin, so instead I was going to make him slimmer but then his arms became really huge!

Yes, it would be great to get two sliders, especially since the other races has slim--->beefy but hobbits need to have a third shape, a softer rounder one, and then there will be a problem since one slider only can give two body types. Round can't be removed, these are hobbits after all So that's probably why they opted for combining the extremely beefy and very slender in the same body. Though I do hope they can split them up somehow because it does look a bit scary with those huge arms on a slim body or skeleton arms on a round body

I have a female hobbit as well that I made to try a class that elves can't be and I wanted her to look not round and not beefy. Turns out I had to give her more muscles than I wanted but I thought, well I'll just put her in a pretty dress and no one will see her muscles, but it turned out I had apparently chosen the big breasted slider option because any dress make them stand out quite a lot which wasn't what I had intended for her

Lightbulb

Actually now i see what they mean, general body plan looks well from the front but is a bit disproportioned from the side

The new bodies looks more slender, thought not terribly different from the old models. I like this change in general because i always wanted my young hobbit lass to look more slender as befit a hunter, but not as slender as a human, less say a elf. I think there should not remove the fat & bulkier models as some people wish that for their stay at home hobitsses. So i think they should just extent the slider to include both extreme.

I think they could do better on the arms. Agrees that the arms wide aren't proportioned to the body, they look too skinny & the elbows are too low. The arm leng isn't correct (hands touching the hips without the elbow bent), the slight elbow bent is a less stiff position & i like it but then, the hand should touch higher. The hand is akwardly bent to the back & that need to be corrected.

I agree with all the priors posters, that the devs should make 2 genearal body sliders instead 1 (for uper & lower body), & even better with a 3rd slider for arms, but i think it should be apply to all playable humanoid races & genders. I will not complain about the hands size, they look small but are still on the natural range. I instead will say that will be better that the devs add a 4th sliders to hands size to all races. People that RP their toons to do delicate jobs that require precision, like sewing, writing, cooking, tactical or ranged battle, may want small arms &/or hands, while the others that like strength tasks like farmers, woodworkers, smiths or mele fighters, may like bigger arms &/or hands. Musicians hand size range depending their favored instruments.

The legs size is in proportion to the body is fine with what should be a human of that size in real life. The male hobbit looks a bit too low on the hips, but that was already that way on life server. I understand that the male should have the underpants slightly lower than female toons but i think that can be done without putting the hips too low (stretching the hips length?), & while we are on that, do a similar trick on all races male toons.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Feb 24 2018 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    I have a female hobbit as well that I made to try a class that elves can't be and I wanted her to look not round and not beefy. Turns out I had to give her more muscles than I wanted but I thought, well I'll just put her in a pretty dress and no one will see her muscles, but it turned out I had apparently chosen the big breasted slider option because any dress make them stand out quite a lot which wasn't what I had intended for her
    Yes, another reason why having 2 body sliders for hobbits would be a good thing... I hope it's possible to implement.

On female hobbits, choosing slimmer options results in exponential increase in bust size. Meaning, if you don't wanna give your character a big butt and move slider to the left, she will automatically end up with bigger bust size. That is a really uncool assumption if game options automatically force this appearance on a character. Maybe the player just wants a slimmer/athletic overall shape for their toon without amplification of whatever organs. Not to mention that dresses automatically amplify that area even more (while robes decrease it), that is part of their cosmetic designs.

It would be really nice not to put female hobbits through botox surgery just to have slimmer overall shape. And not all players want their female characters looking like swimsuit centerfolds: this is Tolkien's Middle Earth and audiences here are much more mature than that...
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.

... And not all players want their female characters looking like swimsuit centerfolds: this is Tolkien's Middle Earth and audiences here are much more mature than that...
    LOTRO isn't there yet, not even on Bullroarer & im glad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    LOTRO isn't there yet, not even on Bullroarer & im glad about it.
    True. I was thinking mostly of how heavy armor on taller toons clings too much to body and looks more painted-on than actual armor. This is less so for female hobbits, on whom heavy armor looks more modest in comparison (and is why I rolled hobbit for guardian rather than human/elf).

In early Mordor betas there was a lot of discussion about this, even resulting in some beta builds where female High Elves were given a more modest (and realistic) appearance in heavy armor that actually looked like protective armor and not latex. But inevitably any change can't please everyone and some protested and now female armor amplifies chest area again.

Two sliders would solve this, I really miss armor looking like actual armor.

However, I repeat ... I do not see any difference ... for me in this U22 have not done anything yet Hobbit as well as give him a new background of selection characters, I think the Hobbits will pass later with the U23.

when a girl hobbit reaches a certain age, her body begins to change and turn into that of a hobbit woman. Perhaps you should sit with your parents and talk about these changes

Sorry couldn't help myself
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Well I sure hope we get a lot of options when it comes to all races. I wasn't happy with the look of my women and female elves, and now I'm worried about my female hobbits. First they took away wiggle, now they want to reduce pear shape :s I hope this will end well. Females have unnatural posture and running animation in the style of a rugby player, not enough diversity look-wise and all made into teenagers, to name a few major issues.

I am however glad to see developers working on this and improving things. I would especially like to thank our fellow players who took time to test on the Bullroarer server, taking screenshots, informing and updating the rest of us on changes. Thank you very much peeps, it's appreciated

I have a hobbit female is my third player my main is male guardian and is not fat is normal my second a hunter is not too fat and my third the female hobbit is very beautiful as much as an elf is thin blonde and with long hair looks like a girl rohan but hobbit, sun I ask for her pretty hair to change and a good class to play is warden and it is not for me if it were champion or cpt would be perfect is very beautiful does not need change only new hairstyle and new class

True. I was thinking mostly of how heavy armor on taller toons clings too much to body and looks more painted-on than actual armor. This is less so for female hobbits, on whom heavy armor looks more modest in comparison (and is why I rolled hobbit for guardian rather than human/elf).

In early Mordor betas there was a lot of discussion about this, even resulting in some beta builds where female High Elves were given a more modest (and realistic) appearance in heavy armor that actually looked like protective armor and not latex. But inevitably any change can't please everyone and some protested and now female armor amplifies chest area again.

Two sliders would solve this, I really miss armor looking like actual armor.
    I second that! let us have realistic Armor. The main idea and purpouse of Armor is not protection against direct hits, but rather reduction of hits energy, making them slide from Armor, graze. That is why real combat Armor never had any spikes or solid projections (Things you can see on some shoulders were made of very thin and soft iron, their purpouse was not to stop, but reduce the hit to the neck, by bedning). That is why there were no horned helms- a hit to the horn is the best and easiest way to break one's neck. That is why there were no woman Armor- a weapon would slide from breast and hit directly in the middle of the chest.

I know it's a fiction world, and certain types of woman armor is a cliche and atracts men, but it would be real nice if we had options.

Solution: For the hobbits, give us TWO body sliders! One slider for overall body/torso proportions (slim ----> muscular), and another slider for the size of hobbit belly (slim ----> fat).
    Do this for all races, not just hobbits.

Well, maybe not elves...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeopard View Post
    Do this for all races, not just hobbits.

Well, maybe not elves...
    Even a slender elf will grow muscles when working as a smith, guardian or champion.

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Even a slender elf will grow muscles when working as a smith, guardian or champion.
    I was talking more about the bellies.