We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Tybur is offline Quality Assurance - Standing Stone Games

Bullroarer client Installer - DOWNLOAD LINKS

The PC downloader/installer for the Bullroarer Public Preview Client is available:
    The Mac downloader/installer for the Bullroarer Public Preview Client is available:
    To download The Lord of the Rings Online Live client installer please visit our website: http://www.lotro.com/en/game/download

Some Notes:
    • This should not overwrite your existing Bullroarer install if you install by defaults.
    • If you decide to use a custom install, please take note of where the installer wants to install the game by default before changing the path. If it is installing anywhere other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview' by default then please let us know!
    • This is a full installer package. If you already have a working Bullroarer client, you do not need to use this installer.

Akamai Netsession
    The Akamai NetSession client allows us to quickly and reliably deliver fresh LOTRO client installations to you, and assist in the repair of missing or corrupted files in current game installations. The client utilizes Akamai’s large network of edge servers to deliver this content to you from a location which is deemed geographically closest to you, and ensures that we are able to efficiently and effectively get you what you need to play LOTRO. Although some versions of the Akamai NetSession client used by other software providers utilize Peer-to-Peer technology, we have decided not to use P2P for LOTRO. What this means is that Akamai NetSession will NOT use peer-to-peer when delivering LOTRO-related content.
    Once you install the LOTRO client, or patch your game, it will be possible to uninstall Akamai NetSession from your computer, and NetSession will not reinstall unless it is necessary to deliver a deleted file or a fresh installation. Typical game updates will not require the use of Akamai NetSession.

Please post any feedback about the installers that you may have in this thread, and please report any bugs you encounter.

Enjoy!

Thanks for posting a Mac Bullroarer Client again.

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

The Mac Client download has at least one, possibly two problems related to Apple's Gatekeeper software.

1- Upon launching the file: "The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" verification of the Disk image begins and it immediately pops up with
    "The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" can't be opened because the idenity of the developer cannot be confirmed."

This is with Apple's default security settings: System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General -- "Allow apps downloaded from "Mac App Store and identified developers only."

2- Simultaneously a second pop-up from Mac Help appears: "The app has been modified or damaged"

If you acknowledge the initial pop-up by clicking "OK" the Security & Privacy panel will immediately add: "The Lord o...nline™.app" was blocked from opening because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. A button is provided "Open Anyway."

Verification of the Disk image continues and adds the pop-up ""The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it.
    (Should you click "show web page, it goes to Turbine.com, rather than LOTRO.com)

Clicking Open allows to activity to continue until it crashes to the desktop:

Process: lotrolauncher [43971]
    Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/lotroLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS/lotrolauncher
    Identifier: com.turbine.lotrolauncher

=======
    Will file a bug report as well.

========
    Correction on crash -- as one can notice from above, being a dunce, I tried to re-launch the installer from the .dmg file instead of the /Applications directory. Naturally it will crash as the .dmg file is read only!
    Duh!

Launching from the /Applications directory, the download proceeds as expected after the Gatekeeper bypass indicated above.
    Last edited by Valamar; Jun 25 2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (91)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

client failed

I am trying to download the bullroarer client and it keeps failing what am i doing wrong?

I'm trying to install the Bullroarer client (low resolution to start) and Akamai started downloading several files, then started failing consistentyly with "Unable to decrypt and de-serialize data downloaded from the server."

Do I need to delete the directory and start over? Once it started giving me this, it keeps coming up with it, including after I reboot to make sure there are no loose connections hanging around.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Question

Just a question: Do I have to install the bullroarer client in order to play LOTRO after the migrations? or that's just a temporal thing?

Tybur is offline Quality Assurance - Standing Stone Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Arehdiel View Post
    Just a question: Do I have to install the bullroarer client in order to play LOTRO after the migrations? or that's just a temporal thing?
    Bullroarer is our beta testing server. You do NOT have to install it to play LOTRO. Once server transfers are fully available, the transfer option will be visible in the normal LOTRO launcher (not just Bullroarer's launcher).

I keep trying to access the server but I keep getting errors. I spend 1-2hrs downloading the server and then when I try to get on it tells me that there was an error connecting to the server. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

i think this post belong here ... can anybody help me? i m geting this ... they didn't open the server?
    Argohald 105 Champion(main), Helectra 105 (Warden) Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana 105 Lore master, Ellinas 100 (Guardian), Armonia 65 (Captain) in Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post
    i think this post belong here ... can anybody help me? i m geting this ... they didn't open the server?
    From what I saw in the patch notes, you access bullroarer from the main launcher transfer button:

Your live characters may be copied to Bullroarer. In your normal game launcher, access the transfer service, select your server, select characters, select copy to Bullroarer. Copies via the transfer service CANNOT currently be accessed from the Bullroarer launcher.
    105Grd 105Min 105Hunt 105Burg 101Ch 100RK 102Wdn 100Cpt 58LM 41Brn ::Leader of Phoenix Rising, Arkenstone::
    40Grd 35Min 35Ch 40RK 40Hunt 40Wdn ::Founder of The People Person's Paper People, Evernight::

ok i have copy my character then what?
    Argohald 105 Champion(main), Helectra 105 (Warden) Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana 105 Lore master, Ellinas 100 (Guardian), Armonia 65 (Captain) in Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Aleziana View Post
    ok i have copy my character then what?
    Open the Bullroarer game client and log in with your copied character.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Still the same "fail"

Question

I'm a returning user and I previously today downloaded the official 13gb lotro client and now you are telling me I have to download the bullroar client which is another 13gb? Did I get this right? How long is this process expected to go on for until I can access Bullroar on the official lotro client or in other words when is the server going to get out of beta and go live? Edit; I transferred to bullroar and obviously not there, not ready at this stage. Im still in my native server of withy. I apoligise for my lack of insight.
    Last edited by Bipo; Oct 03 2015 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bipo View Post
    I'm a returning user and I previously today downloaded the official 13gb lotro client and now you are telling me I have to download the bullroar client which is another 13gb? Did I get this right? How long is this process expected to go on for until I can access Bullroar on the official lotro client or in other words when is the server going to get out of beta and go live?
    Bullroarer is the beta test server. It is not intended or suitable for normal play. It has always, and most likely always will be, necessary to use a special client for connecting to Bullroarer.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    Bullroarer is the beta test server. It is not intended or suitable for normal play. It has always, and most likely always will be, necessary to use a special client for connecting to Bullroarer.
    Thanks for the response, Im going to get the bullroar client. There better be a lot of pvpers on bull.

Thanks for the response, Im going to get the bullroar client. There better be a lot of pvpers on bull.
    You do not understand. The Bullroarer client is NOT for playing. And it gets wiped after most rounds of beta. It is not uncommon for players to test for a week and then have the entire server get wiped. Bullroarer will NEVER go live because it's not designed for that. It is purely, 100% designed to be used exclusively for beta testing. NEVER for regular playing. It is impossible to transfer to Bullroarer. You are only able to COPY to Bullroarer.

If you want to PLAY this game, you do NOT want to download the Bullroarer client. You want to stick with the original 13gb download you already have.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    You do not understand. The Bullroarer client is NOT for playing. And it gets wiped after most rounds of beta. It is not uncommon for players to test for a week and then have the entire server get wiped. Bullroarer will NEVER go live because it's not designed for that. It is purely, 100% designed to be used exclusively for beta testing. NEVER for regular playing. It is impossible to transfer to Bullroarer. You are only able to COPY to Bullroarer.

If you want to PLAY this game, you do NOT want to download the Bullroarer client. You want to stick with the original 13gb download you already have.
    Thanks for that, I only play this game to play creep in pvp. Ill have to do more reading about the closing servers as to whether Im going to continue playing or not. Doesn't help too when both servers are empty in the moors but oh well.

Thanks for that, I only play this game to play creep in pvp. Ill have to do more reading about the closing servers as to whether Im going to continue playing or not. Doesn't help too when both servers are empty in the moors but oh well.
    I think the two servers with the biggest PvMP communities would be Brandywine and Landroval. That being said, I'm not very familiar with the other servers, and after the communities from the 19 closing servers get transferred to the 10 remaining servers, it could well be that all remaining servers have good sized PvMP communities.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Curious little details

So I now accidently transferred all my characters to a beta testing server. Whom I worked many hours on, and now unable to see them again until this client is up and going. For another Beta test...oh well nothing one can do about that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyldyril View Post
    So I now accidently transferred all my characters to a beta testing server. Whom I worked many hours on, and now unable to see them again until this client is up and going. For another Beta test...oh well nothing one can do about that I guess.
    You can not to transfer characters to the beta (or alpha) servers, only to make a copy, your characters are still intact in your home/s server/s.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyldyril View Post
    The copy(transfer) feature for the test servers(Bullroarer and Palantir) is turned off this weekend for build 2 of beta.
    If you copied them last week then they are still on Bullroarer this weekend.
    If you transfered somewhere this weekend then it is not Bullroarer you went to. and in that case log into each of the remaining servers and see where your characters went to.

and how could you accidently transfer?
    You need to select where you are transferring from,
    select who/what you are transferring,
    select where you are transferring to,
    then CONFIRM it all before going.

stuck at this ... not sure why, any help?

Exclamation Do not run beta server Bullroarer

What should I do? help me please
    Do not run Bullroarer 404 error,
    Last edited by vlad525; Oct 14 2015 at 04:53 AM.

well BR is currently offline so not sure if you would be able to get the patch files on a day its down

No server is running br

Why the server is closed?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast