We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 148

Thread: Update 17?

  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    SOON!....LOL

    But seriously, 16.2 will enter Open beta this weekend so please go check it out on Bullroarer if you have the chance. This will include the new PvMP zone, Adventures of Bingo Boffin and Cosmetic Weapons! Live release will be mid-summer.

    Update 17 is slated for the Fall. It is still to far out to be providing accurate details at this point.
    That's awesome about cosmetic weapons, I know people have been asking about that for a while.

    @Vyvyanne

    Will the issue with ranged weapons being held when doing melee skills (and vice versa) be addressed as well?

    And, if I remember correctly, wasn't it stated that Turbine no longer had plans for full on expansion packs? I thought the plans were only for quarterly updates starting with Dol Amroth until the end of the game.

    Thanks!
    GLADDEN
    Achaius - R13 Warden; Ilrohil - R8 Champion; Ritthir - R6 Captain; Bradai - R4 Burglar

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    SOON!....LOL

    But seriously, 16.2 will enter Open beta this weekend so please go check it out on Bullroarer if you have the chance. This will include the new PvMP zone, Adventures of Bingo Boffin and Cosmetic Weapons! Live release will be mid-summer.

    Update 17 is slated for the Fall. It is still to far out to be providing accurate details at this point.
    Can't wait to hear more about Cosmetic Weapons. This is very exciting!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    466

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    Cosmetic Weapons!
    OMG you don't know how much I love Turbine right this very moment!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Cosmetic weapons.... after all these years of "it
    can't be done..."

    Cool.

    But it's ironic, because after all these years of me
    complaining about the LM's staffs Eruanne has gone
    through, with weird-looking deely-dads atop them,
    now she finally has a staff whose appearance I like:
    an image of the White Tree.

    I still hope cosmetic staff appearances will include
    some that look like plain ol' sticks of wood.
    They never said it can't be done, just that it was very hard to do because of animations. I would guess that they got around this by somehow restricting cosmetics to like items, staff has to be staff, sword has to be a sword, etc. If it works like current cosmetics, you should be able to use any staff in the game to change the look of your staff. I'd also agree that since Legendary Items came out, most staffs have been pretty horrible.

    I'm going to have to start farming for some halberds now!

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    SOON!....LOL

    But seriously, 16.2 will enter Open beta this weekend so please go check it out on Bullroarer if you have the chance. This will include the new PvMP zone, Adventures of Bingo Boffin and Cosmetic Weapons! Live release will be mid-summer.

    Update 17 is slated for the Fall. It is still to far out to be providing accurate details at this point.
    Haha I love how errbody's like COSMEETIC WEEAAAAPPOONNNNZZZ!!! *drool* I just hope shields are included!

    About PvMP testing on BR - last update I witnessed quite a few folks abusing the inspiration buff - a good 4-5 at once running around like idiots and 2-3 shotting anything that tried to come have a few test fights at gta. Add that to the "everyone's r15" thing and it destroyed any hope we had of halfway decent testing.

    Is there any chance we can cap auto-ranking at 12 or 9 or something? People can transfer if they're higher-ranked than that and they can rank up to a reasonable level if they're newer. It'd give a better picture of what we can expect to see on live servers. That, and maybe try to have a GM around to police exploiters?
    lvl 105 Guardian | 105 Mini | 64 Hunter | 48 Warden | Lukiluk - r10 Warg | r6 Defiler | r6 WL

    Twitch.tv/Arathaert | Youtube.com/ArathaertTV | Guardian Guide

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathaert View Post
    Haha I love how errbody's like COSMEETIC WEEAAAAPPOONNNNZZZ!!! *drool* I just hope shields are included!
    I wouldn't hold my breath about shields.

    While we've always been told that cosmetic weapons would be a "heavy lift". . . I'm pretty sure we were told shields were a full-on "no go."

    --H

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by mobrien09 View Post
    That's awesome about cosmetic weapons, I know people have been asking about that for a while.

    @Vyvyanne

    Will the issue with ranged weapons being held when doing melee skills (and vice versa) be addressed as well?

    And, if I remember correctly, wasn't it stated that Turbine no longer had plans for full on expansion packs? I thought the plans were only for quarterly updates starting with Dol Amroth until the end of the game.

    Thanks!
    Regular updates and no expansion packs is the current plan. We are doing new regions every full number update (U16, U17, etc) In between those (15.2, 16.2, etc) we are doing system work and smaller content drops like the PvMP map and Bingo Boffin.

    The ranged weapons issue is a bug, I will have to look and see if that is something we have corrected, I am not sure that we have.

    As for Cosmetic Weapons they work the same as cosmetic armor. You will have three new slots on your wardrobe for putting in any weapon or shield that you own. There will be some compatibility issues with certain items, but you will get a tool tip on the wardrobe for that slot telling you why they are not compatible and the visuals will default to the equipped weapon. There will be some bugs as we roll this out the first time as there are thousands of potential combos, but we are really happy to have it where it is and hope to expand upon it in coming updates.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    SOON!....LOL

    But seriously, 16.2 will enter Open beta this weekend so please go check it out on Bullroarer if you have the chance. This will include the new PvMP zone, Adventures of Bingo Boffin and Cosmetic Weapons! Live release will be mid-summer.

    Update 17 is slated for the Fall. It is still to far out to be providing accurate details at this point.
    Let us know when you have real information instead of the same old junk rehashed. We still want housing fixed get a clue.

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    This will include ... and Cosmetic Weapons! Live release will be mid-summer.

    ####. Today I trashed a sword I had been saving for something like this for 2-3 years. =/

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Econn71 View Post
    Let us know when you have real information instead of the same old junk rehashed. We still want housing fixed get a clue.
    A) This information is new.

    B) Whoever raised you did a freakin' terrible job.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasagabaster View Post
    ####. Today I trashed a sword I had been saving for something like this for 2-3 years. =/
    Submit an in-game ticket with item name
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath about shields.
    I stand corrected.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    There will be some compatibility issues with certain items, but you will get a tool tip on the wardrobe for that slot telling you why they are not compatible and the visuals will default to the equipped weapon.
    Something tells me a warden and/or guard shield cosmetic will be incompatible for my minstrel

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    Something tells me a warden and/or guard shield cosmetic will be incompatible for my minstrel
    One wonders if LMs will now get to have cosmetic shields.

    (I hope not)

  15. #40
    Are we getting a Weapon section added to our Wardrobe?

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bucko39 View Post
    Something tells me a warden and/or guard shield cosmetic will be incompatible for my minstrel
    Or better yet, give us the opportunity to turn the shield showing off?? I don't even understand why a minstrel has a shield! :/ But , just like the way we can have certain things show or not show, why not add this to the character screen as well? I would much rather not show a shield, then to look for 1 that is doable. I'm not a shield fan. In fact I have never seen 1 I ever liked in all these years on this game.

  17. #42
    Vyvyanne, please, give some hope to raiding community !

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    One wonders if LMs will now get to have cosmetic shields.

    (I hope not)
    That would be a bit...weird.

    This does make me wish I saved the "cool looking" weapons over the years. I can think of a champ sword right off the top of my head that I wanted to equip all the time--looked like something the corsairs are wielding in Gondor at the moment.

    Wow, this might actually make me roll another toon--well done, Turbine!

    LOL

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsock View Post
    Are we getting a Weapon section added to our Wardrobe?
    From the way Vyvyanne phrased it, this sounds like a multi-patch thing, get the basics out the door in U16.2, add more features later while getting the bugs worked out.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In the Ninky Nonk
    Posts
    5,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    Regular updates and no expansion packs is the current plan. We are doing new regions every full number update (U16, U17, etc) In between those (15.2, 16.2, etc) we are doing system work and smaller content drops like the PvMP map and Bingo Boffin.

    The ranged weapons issue is a bug, I will have to look and see if that is something we have corrected, I am not sure that we have.

    As for Cosmetic Weapons they work the same as cosmetic armor. You will have three new slots on your wardrobe for putting in any weapon or shield that you own. There will be some compatibility issues with certain items, but you will get a tool tip on the wardrobe for that slot telling you why they are not compatible and the visuals will default to the equipped weapon. There will be some bugs as we roll this out the first time as there are thousands of potential combos, but we are really happy to have it where it is and hope to expand upon it in coming updates.
    Re Cosmetic Weapons - this is absolutely fantastic news!!!! Just one small question though - is it the intent that the weapon, when equipped cosmetically, will retain the look and visual effects of the original? I'm thinking specifically of my old SOA-vintage mirrored ancient steel mace that I have sitting in my vault waiting for this very purpose. Would hate it if we lost the old light-damage visual effects

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    Re Cosmetic Weapons - this is absolutely fantastic news!!!! Just one small question though - is it the intent that the weapon, when equipped cosmetically, will retain the look and visual effects of the original? I'm thinking specifically of my old SOA-vintage mirrored ancient steel mace that I have sitting in my vault waiting for this very purpose. Would hate it if we lost the old light-damage visual effects
    I think this is one of those things that can end up suffering from bugs. I'd say that intially you'd need to have the same type of weapon equiped as you do cosmetically..
    then, I'd like to know, what about classes that tend to swap between types of weapons (guards/champs mostly).. would it be possible to set cosmetics for each weapon type/slot combo that automatically changes accordingly*, or is it only 1 set per outfit?

    * to clarify with an example: Let's say you have 2 swords when you dual wield, and a 2H axe, and you swap between that in combat, is it possible to set both those 2 swords and that axe to unique cosmetics, without having to swap outfits?
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Forod orchall
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    As for Cosmetic Weapons they work the same as cosmetic armor. You will have three new slots on your wardrobe for putting in any weapon or shield that you own. There will be some compatibility issues with certain items, but you will get a tool tip on the wardrobe for that slot telling you why they are not compatible and the visuals will default to the equipped weapon. There will be some bugs as we roll this out the first time as there are thousands of potential combos, but we are really happy to have it where it is and hope to expand upon it in coming updates.
    This is amazing news. Will this work for legendary weapons too, cosmetically equipping the look of older LI on new LI of same category? Or only limited to non-LI weapons?

    *crossing fingers I can keep the look of my favorite LI staff forever on any new LI staves I upgrade to*

    And big hint to the lotro store team: will pay for unique/exclusive weapon skins too.
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    And big hint to the lotro store team: will pay for unique/exclusive weapon skins too.
    I second this.

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    There will be some compatibility issues with certain items, but you will get a tool tip on the wardrobe for that slot telling you why they are not compatible and the visuals will default to the equipped weapon.
    @Vyvyanne

    I do hope that we're not doing like for like only, as in I've equipped a one handed sword so I can only use a one handed sword as appearance. If that's the case I'm really worried for Runekeepers, as all they have is runestones...

  25. #50
    Sounds like a long beta session before 16.2 goes live. Don't forget about the creeps, please.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

 

 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload