We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Essence Calculator 2.2

Hi all,

Updated for U18. May still be bugs cos of the complexity of the calc so if you do come across any please let me know and I can fix them. Thanks.
    Only in Excel 2010 and above format right now due to limitations with other spreadsheet apps but can be opened with excel online.

http://1drv.ms/1PdKADC

Enjoy!
    Jamolas.

V2.2
    More bug fixes.

v2.1
    Added lvl105 Osgiliath jewellery.
    Fixed some bugs.

v2.0

Updated for U18.

v1.5
    Added pvp essence armour.

v1.4
    Updated to include most end-game Minas Tirith essence armour/jewellery.
    Tweaked some things here and there.

v1.3
    Pocket items are now working.
    Added German translation with help from Githlith.

v1.2
    Added percentage cap difference for balancing builds.

v1.1
    Corrected Crit Defence calculation
    Updated stat calculations to include non-slotted stats too.
    Last edited by Elwe-Thingol; May 27 2016 at 02:15 PM.

Great idea. Thank-you for sharing.

I am sure it is my lousy computer here at work, because none of it works for me - so I will have to bookmark this and check it later from my home computer.
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Forgot to add that you need to click 'Edit in Browser' for it to work properly. Or if you have excel installed, just download and open in excel.

Yes Thanx! Works Great, (once i figured out how to edit it) , Well Done and Thank You!

Changed from being editable to download only due to people messing the code up. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you don't have the standalone version of Excel you can still open the file up in Excel online.

Regards,

Jamolas.

Hi

I'm trying to translate it to german. Gonna send a link early next week, if that's fine with you. I'm also trying not to mess up your code

Only thing I can't do at the moment is rename the classes in that menu.

cheers.

not quite sure how to select my class which is an RK since clicking on it was not working. The layout is great.

Hi, I have hidden the backend so you can unhide the sheet by right-clicking the 'Front' sheet and unhiding the 'Back'. Then you can edit the relevant fields.
    Let me know if you have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    not quite sure how to select my class which is an RK since clicking on it was not working. The layout is great.
    Hi, you will need to either add the file to your onedrive and edit in excel online that way, or just download the file and open in excel if you have it.
    I've had to change the way the file is being shared since it kept getting broken when in full edit mode.
    I'm working on a more compatible solution for everyone since I realise not everyone has excel and sadly google sheets is too limited.
    I may eventually convert to a website if enough people express an interest in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwe-Thingol View Post
    Hi, you will need to either add the file to your onedrive and edit in excel online that way, or just download the file and open in excel if you have it.
    I've had to change the way the file is being shared since it kept getting broken when in full edit mode.
    I'm working on a more compatible solution for everyone since I realise not everyone has excel and sadly google sheets is too limited.
    I may eventually convert to a website if enough people express an interest in this.
    I had the same thing with my spreadsheet. I decided to use OpenOffice/LibreOffice, but actually Excel might still be a good option. I think that the free Windows 10 will include a basic kind of version of Excel. It doesn't support something like macro's, but if you keep it simple then it might suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    I had the same thing with my spreadsheet. I decided to use OpenOffice/LibreOffice, but actually Excel might still be a good option. I think that the free Windows 10 will include a basic kind of version of Excel. It doesn't support something like macro's, but if you keep it simple then it might suffice.
    Man I didn't see that you had already created an essence calc already. Mine is rather basic in comparison but what do you think? Any improvements?

I don't know.. it doesn't function in OpenOffice. I think something is missing after conversion.
    At the other side, mine doesn't function in Excel.

Just downloaded it, works fine for me
    One change that I would love to see is that if you fill in the total, excel will calculate the non-slotted stats for you. Now I need to extract slotted from total to fill in the non-slotted stats, which is quite annoying. Not sure if this is easy to do, just an idea.

Otherwise, I really like the tool and the way it looks

Ok.. Just noticed one thing.
    I have 4248 crit defence, which shows up as 29.8% on my character panel
    In the essence calculator it shows up as 12.4%. Pretty sure that's an error.
    BPE showed some minor differences as well, but nothing drastic. They could be caused by something racial or so I'm not aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureaglin View Post
    Ok.. Just noticed one thing.
    I have 4248 crit defence, which shows up as 29.8% on my character panel
    In the essence calculator it shows up as 12.4%. Pretty sure that's an error.
    BPE showed some minor differences as well, but nothing drastic. They could be caused by something racial or so I'm not aware of.
    Looks like the K of critical magnitude is used (300) instead of critical defence (100).

And the differences might be because the stats that you see on essences in Lotro are rounded numbers. Internally Lotro calculates with the non-rounded numbers.

What maybe could be done is:
    - enter the non-rounded numbers in the Back sheet (see slice calculations)
    - format cells in Front sheet to show numbers without decimals

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    Just working on fixes & feature requests now.

Updated now if people want to test it

Updated now if people want to test it
    Thanks! Will be testing it soon.

I see some formulas which are incorrect. You should take a look at this this table:
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...ngs_Graph_Data

Vulcwen's article is really nice, but he made some copy mistakes. Also, heavy armour mitigation is not right.

I see some formulas which are incorrect. You should take a look at this this table:
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Rat...ngs_Graph_Data

Vulcwen's article is really nice, but he made some copy mistakes. Also, heavy armour mitigation is not right.
    Thanks for your help Giseldah!
    Updated & seems to be accurate now.
    Jamolas.

What maybe could be done is:
    - enter the non-rounded numbers in the Back sheet (see slice calculations)
    - format cells in Front sheet to show numbers without decimals

Hi

Here's a german pre-version of the thing. Wanna check?

http://1drv.ms/1IEHZgn

Would be good to hear some feedback - in case I messed up something.

I'll try to translate the whole items too.
    Last edited by GithlithMonaghan; Jun 15 2015 at 05:34 AM.

Thank you for your work GithlithMonaghan.
    Since the spreadsheet is being constantly updated, I will add a language option to it and include your translations if that is ok with you?
    And yes if you could provide translations for essence gear that would be really appreciated.

Thank you for your work GithlithMonaghan.
    Since the spreadsheet is being constantly updated, I will add a language option to it and include your translations if that is ok with you?
    And yes if you could provide translations for essence gear that would be really appreciated.
    You go ahead. Here's a translated version of all of the essences and all of the armour, but almost none of the jewellery. http://1drv.ms/1cVVKfd

By the way: There's a Pocket-item missing. There's 3 different versions (for will, agility and might) barterable for those superchallenge-mob-items. They have 2 slots and head-stats of 121 vitality plus 243 will, might, agility.

cheers.
    Last edited by GithlithMonaghan; Jun 15 2015 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks for reminding me about the pocket items. They have been linked now.
    Also, I have added the german translation!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast