We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New skins 16.1!

Quote Originally Posted by frost702 View Post
    Wow these look absolutely terrible/plain (Copypasted isengard uruks thnx turbine), except for the reaver one. Got my hopes up for something like them giving us those fat/skinny-orc skins but without the trademark reaver scoliosis+hunchback.
    Heya! My name is Bruce; I've been playing since right before Helm's Deep came out. Hope to keep playing for many ages to come!

thank the heavens they changed that stupid flag and saddle warg skin >.>

I like the WL and BA. looks like a legit swag iron man.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Arkenstone ~ R9 RiseAgainst Reaver ~ R9 PowerWolf Warleader ~ R11 Armdyl LoreMaster

This is literally just pissing money away.

People who bought the other skin, probably wanted that skin. People who like the new one, probably want to buy it without running the risk of you reverting to the old ones, or changing them to something new 18 months from now again.

Add new skins every ~6 months to the store and you'd probably make some money for yourself, rather than alienating the people who seem willing to pay for such things. Doing the same with lootbox/barter/rank skins wouldn't be a terrible idea, either.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Warg View Post
    Im sorry for laughing at turbine's choice to force us to use 15 + a handful of skins out of the hundred different skins that they have in the database for Wargs orcs & uruks.

And then picking the plainest ones they can find for the ones they'll make worth 995 TP. But trololololol

Im sorry for laughing at turbine's choice to force us to use 15 + a handful of skins out of the hundred different skins that they have in the database for Wargs orcs & uruks.

And then picking the plainest ones they can find for the ones they'll make worth 995 TP. But trololololol
    I personally like these new skins better than the old ones-- but I do understand that people who paid for the older ones are upset.
    What I don't understand is how you can just go and criticize Turbine for giving Creeps different skins; we've been asking long enough.
    Yeah, they're not the best skins, and there are some definite problems, but I don't doubt they'll fix the problems. These Uruk ones may just be placeholders until they adjust them properly for Osgiliath, as even Turbine could not let White Hand uruks go to war in Mordor's army.
    Heya! My name is Bruce; I've been playing since right before Helm's Deep came out. Hope to keep playing for many ages to come!

Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post

People who bought the other skin, probably wanted that skin. People who like the new one, probably want to buy it without running the risk of you reverting to the old ones, or changing them to something new 18 months from now again.

Add new skins every ~6 months to the store and you'd probably make some money for yourself, rather than alienating the people who seem willing to pay for such things. Doing the same with lootbox/barter/rank skins wouldn't be a terrible idea, either.
    It's almost as though they don't know what they're doing.

I bet it's unintentional.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

I personally like these new skins better than the old ones-- but I do understand that people who paid for the older ones are upset.
    What I don't understand is how you can just go and criticize Turbine for giving Creeps different skins; we've been asking long enough.
    Yeah, they're not the best skins, and there are some definite problems, but I don't doubt they'll fix the problems. These Uruk ones may just be placeholders until they adjust them properly for Osgiliath, as even Turbine could not let White Hand uruks go to war in Mordor's army.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jagannath View Post
    @Frost702 Cellani's daughter is online now. Why don't you apologize to her for the inconsiderate things you said about her deceased mother and maybe we can start to bury the hatchet eh?

Why would I throw away the opportunity for so much more entertainment?
    Source: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...81#post7383281

Quote Originally Posted by Sageling View Post
    I've really enjoyed reading everyone's stories, memories and adventures shared. The hobbit known as Cellani was my mother, and I am in a few of these pictures, usually as an elf named Islaeth. I want to thank emerac and all of you for sharing in these memories of my beloved mom. I miss her every day, and logging in isn't the same without her. I used to play with her and emerac almost every night, roaming the lands of Eriador to Rhovanion and beyond. It has been very difficult coming back to the game after her sudden loss and not doing so with her. I wander around her little house in-game and look at how she left things, as if she really did just run down to the mailbox for a moment and will be right back, little Stoor boots on the floor next to her little bed... It's hard to see this, but also so joyful because this home will never be sold or lost or burned. It'll always be there, exactly as she left it. Emerac and I can go there and remember. My mom and I did the same when my brother, her son, first died three years ago. He played a little hobbit, too, and we would visit his house and just reminisce. Now it's her house I'm visiting. It's hard, but it's also such a gift to have a place that will never be touched by time. Thank you, LOTRO, for being this refuge for us, both in life and in remembering those who have gone West.

Much love to our fellow players for all their kind words.

Islaeth, Cellani's daughter
    Wildfola
    Source: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...63#post7383263

These Uruk ones may just be placeholders until they adjust them properly for Osgiliath, as even Turbine could not let White Hand uruks go to war in Mordor's army.
    So they took something that already existed, replaced it with something 'new', only with this intention for this 'new' thing to be a placeholder for what they really want. That they continue to be for sale all the while makes this theory even more sensible.

So they took something that already existed, replaced it with something 'new', only with this intention for this 'new' thing to be a placeholder for what they really want. That they continue to be for sale all the while makes this theory even more sensible.

That BA skin is fugly
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakoals View Post

skins

The reaver and defiler don't look bad, but the warg looks like a mole rat
    no

[QUOTE=Sakoals;7382831]warg and Ba store skins
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG]
    That warg should lose some weight. I doubt that thing can even stealth.
    Main character: Manegarm

Hear me bark!

Yep. I bought the warg skin because I've always wanted to play a goblin warg rider, and this was the next best thing. But now I've got a rat-dog instead. Not pleased. Makes no sense to give people skins they didn't buy, when they could have just sold a second set and made more money. I am pushing for a refund because this is BS.

I didn't realize the new skins were replacements rather than just new skins. When someone buys something, they don't want it to become something else. That's why they bought THAT thing rather than something else. Unfortunately, Turbine has done this many times in the last couple years.
    Landroval: Tolvat (120 Guardian), Gelldir (115 Warden), Gloravon (115 Captain), Curwe (115 Champion), Glamdir (115 Rune-keeper)

WOW BLOWN AWAY !!!!

I'll be back in a min, tabbing out to renew my sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    WOW BLOWN AWAY !!!!

I'll be back in a min, tabbing out to renew my sub.
    In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.

I bet this is a goof like when they accidentally replaced the 5 year frames with those blue ones for like 2 weeks. The guy that implements new things must have a bad twitch.

And if it's not a goof and was intentional, well...

I didn't pay for that skin. I paid for the one I wanted. Give me the skin I paid for back.

You there Frelorn? Any response if this is intentional or not?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#006400]ProfessorKeating, r11 WL/[/COLOR] [COLOR=#800080]Ryzar, r12 Captain[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#40e0d0]Skill and Valour, Swarm[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorKeating View Post
    I bet this is a goof like when they accidentally replaced the 5 year frames with those blue ones for like 2 weeks. The guy that implements new things must have a bad twitch.

And if it's not a goof and was intentional, well...

I didn't pay for that skin. I paid for the one I wanted. Give me the skin I paid for back.

You there Frelorn? Any response if this is intentional or not?
    if it was intentional then it was the most random thing you could ever do. why change the rank 14 reaver skin and the other 3 store skins without changing some of the other rank skins? seems like an odd decision.
    Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wizards, For They Are subtle and Quick To Anger.

Arkenstone ~ R9 RiseAgainst Reaver ~ R9 PowerWolf Warleader ~ R11 Armdyl LoreMaster

I was wondering what had happened to my Warg's armor, where the skull and saddle had gone to. Will the be bringing it back at all? I kind of bought it for that reason..

Love the Defiler though
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000001f6e21/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyQueen View Post
    I was wondering what had happened to my Warg's armor, where the skull and saddle had gone to. Will the be bringing it back at all? I kind of bought it for that reason..

Love the Defiler though
    they restored them on the u16.2 beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertakerxx View Post
    they restored them on the u16.2 beta.
    The BA skin was horrible. It is a shame if they reverted the defiler. The boar appearance made me purchase it.
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    The BA skin was horrible. It is a shame if they reverted the defiler. The boar appearance made me purchase it.
    it seems they were place holders ( the iron man looking ba and wl one) to see if people liked it and it got much hate so they recently added new ones in the beta. some of them are shown in the thread below.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...14#post7402814

Quote Originally Posted by Sefunsixtoo View Post
    That BA skin is fugly
    New BA skin is great!!! My nips were getting cold

For reference: one of the new cosmetic shields for the Warleader:
    The Corrupt Dragon Shield appearance

[B]Azshakh[/B], R12 Warleader
    [B]Memento Mori[/B], Laurelin
    [i]Glob-hai! Azshakh thrakatul azurz grush, skai![/i]
    Fool-folk! Azshakh bring them killing blow, gah!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzy_EU View Post
    Warleader
    Sorry to necro, but I came across this thread and was wondering if this skin was changed (Mordor Whipmaster.)

I love the look of it!

-Crickhollow- Freeps: Arfie (Captain), Hacktoe (Beorning), Neok (Guardian), Scad (Hunter), Janzel (Lore Master), Tuneman (Minstrel), Dorgo (Champion)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2