We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Update 16.1 Player Music System adjustments

Hello everyone! We're hoping to prop a new build to Bullroarer sometime in the middle of next week. A number of adjustments have been made to the player music system to address some of the issues that you've bugged/provided feedback on and we'd like you to give it a listen. Here are the specific changes made:

Two instruments have been added to the game (both can be purchased from any Bard NPC)
    1) Lute of Ages: This lute utilizes the tones of the lute that you were familiar with previous to U15.3
    2) Misty Mountain Harp: This harp has a sharper bite to it

General instrument changes:
    - Lowered the volume of the basic lute by about 12%
    - Increased the volume of the flute by about 15%

Individual note changes:
    Clarinet:
    F3 - Removed the buzzing noise at the start of the note
    A3 - Increased the volume to be more in line with surrounding notes
    A4 - Made note less metallic
    Bb4 - Removed the slight squeak at the start of the note

Flute:
    D2 - Removed some of the breathiness
    B2 - Removed some of the breathiness
    Db3 - Removed some of the breathiness
    Eb4 - Increased the volume to be more in line with surrounding notes
    A4 - Removed some of the breathiness
    Ab4 - Removed some of the breathiness
    C5 - Removed some of the breathiness

Horn:
    F3 - Increased the volume to be more in line with surrounding notes
    D4 - Attempted to make the note less buzzy

Thank you so much for continuing to work on the music aspect of the game and listening to the musicians!

Thank you for continuing to work on this. On paper, these fixes sound fantastic. I'm looking forward to hearing how well they pan out in practice.
    Chief of the all-hobbits Landroval kinship, [url=http://concerninghobbits.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1477267] Concerning Hobbits.[/url]
    Level 100 Minstrel--Rozalinde
    [url=http://tweaklotro.wordpress.com/2014/07/05/mother-hens-chicken-guide/]Mother Hen[/url] and [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?548289-A-Chicken-s-Adventures-EAST-of-the-Misties]Aficionado of Chicken Adventures[/url]

Great news about the lute and harp options.
    Jobbing musician that resides in Bree. Frequenter of Taverns and places of ill repute

I'm delighted to see that you are continuing to improve our music system. With the closing date for Weatherstock now bearing down upon us, this is a much-needed shot in the arm (I hope!). It will be fun to try out the new harp, too. Though I hope my hobbit's arm doesn't hurt too much from the shot...

Thanks for your hard work ;-)

Rosamundi, The Chosen Few
    Thrandili, The Rolling Kegs
    Doc Marping, Brandywine & Biscuits
    Woodrose, The Oliphaunts

Thank you so much for working on the music system again! Very excited to see what these changes/fixes will bring!
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    :: Lhinnthel :: Laerelwen :: Wrenlhin :: Avlina :: Briare :: Iaroel... and many more (=
    Far Apart, Never Alone!

I couldn't care one bit about the music system, but it says a lot about you as a dev team that you don't brush aside a system after initial failures. So, to add to the chorus, thank you.

I pray the Harp is a Zeppelin reference.
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

Yay! Thank you so very very much for continuing to work on the music system!

I love the names of the new instruments! Just perfect!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Reads like a step in the right direction!
    ''da Bugans'' gang have renewed vigor with this news and will attempt to hit the Heavy/Speed Metal again!
    Please, don't stop with adjustments here, though...

On another note: It looks like this Dev Team is actually beginning to prove itself as different and improved from previous teams.

Thank you,
    ~ The Hobgoblin

I would like to join the chorus of thanks. I look forward to the improved tones and the added Lute and Harp. Big Hugs to the Audio Dev/Person.
    Theninny.wordpress.com

6 Harrow Road, Mousehill, Shire Homesteads
    Wow, great news, thank you! Especially glad to hear about two new instruments.
    Gilnaure Shrewmouse, Of Mirkwood. At your service!
    Landroval | Brotherhood of Steel & Radagast's Pipe & Watchers of Mindon | @Gil_Shrewmouse

Excellent!

It got rather quiet with news about the music system fer a while!

I'm really excited to hear about the new instruments especially the lute!

Also I'm happy to hear work on fixing some of the notes continues!

Can't wait to try them in game!

*runs out to tell the news to some of her fellow Laurelin musicians*

This is very exciting news, thank you!!
    Araewenel, Elimraen, Celebnel, @AraeElimraen

Huzzah! Thank you for working towards improvements!

Thank you for the update!
    Fincin of Landroval
    Level 105 Minstrel
    *Les Beaux Chapeaux Bandleader * Transciber, Kin Leader
    Founder of the Hobbit Coalition for Giving us Bunny Cosmetic Pets
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Hugger of Bunnys

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    This could conflict with Weatherstock Pre-Concerts... But all in all, it's a thumbs up from me!
    Glorgnorbor, A Rock And A Hard Place, Stop by our Friday music shows! 4PM EST at the Bree West Gate on Dwarrowdelf!
    If a Malledhrim Soldier dies alone in the forest because of canceled quest, will it make a sound? ~Leixy
    Took me a few years, but I renewed my signature :)

Oh, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3

I look forward to trying out the new instruments!

Lindiria of Landroval/Melindrien of Evernight (a very happy Minstrel, band member and novice transcriber)

Thanks for your continued efforts, and thanks for your very specific descriptions of the changes you're making. That helps a lot.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Agree with everything sounds good on paper, and looking forward to checking them out on BR! Bravo to all on the team that have been still working on this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCeltics View Post
    Two instruments have been added to the game (both can be purchased from any Bard NPC)

1) Lute of Ages: This lute utilizes the tones of the lute that you were familiar with previous to U15.3
    This is (in my humble opinion) the single most important part of DarthCeltic's post that will hopefully revive the music community's spirit and persuade absent bands to return.

I am very happy at the sight of all of the fixes that are planned, but I will wait until it goes live before I cheer wildly and heap hobbit pies and dwarven ale upon the devs

But I do thank them for listening to us.

Thanks!

New harp!

*yoink*!!!

*Pitter Patter dust trail dashes to horizon*

Thumbs up

Damn'!

Bara thought to win the Weatherstock this year, by desertion of the whole Music bands!
    Seems it failed uhuh^^
    ./roar

That's a grand news for U16.1 and all the music community!

Big thank to have not give up the Music System!

./toast

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCeltics View Post

General instrument changes:
    - Lowered the volume of the basic lute by about 12%
    - Increased the volume of the flute by about 15%
    It would be nice if you could say what those % actually are .. relative changes of sample amplitudes, of dB levels or the internally used velocities - those are all on different scales, so putting a % here doesn't actually mean anything.
    If they are a scaling factor for sample amplitudes it's clear that it's not enough (and if they refer to velocity or dB changes it could mean everything and nothing).
    Also don't forget about the clarinet that is too silent overall as well, please.

Also there is this huge problem with the varying volumes on the drums that needs to be adressed!

As much as it's appreciated that we get the unfiltered Lute back - can't you just put in all the other old instruments as "new" versions as well?
    Then you don't have to admit that the updates were messed up and we would all cheer and thank you for giving us "new" instruments and everyone would be happy.
    Bruzo, Dwarrowdelf Minstrel ~ "A Rock & a Hard Place"

Quote Originally Posted by SchorschiSchrumpf View Post
    It would be nice if you could say what those % actually are .. relative changes of sample amplitudes, of dB levels or the internally used velocities - those are all on different scales, so putting a % here doesn't actually mean anything.
    If they are a scaling factor for sample amplitudes it's clear that it's not enough (and if they refer to velocity or dB changes it could mean everything and nothing).
    Also don't forget about the clarinet that is too silent overall as well, please.

Also there is this huge problem with the varying volumes on the drums that needs to be adressed!

As much as it's appreciated that we get the unfiltered Lute back - can't you just put in all the other old instruments as "new" versions as well?
    Then you don't have to admit that the updates were messed up and we would all cheer and thank you for giving us "new" instruments and everyone would be happy.
    You're not very good at motivating people, are you?
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast