We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Equipping an Item with Lua

I am trying to make a simple plugin that will change my legendary items (and potentially other gear as well) on my champ, based on which trait set I have enabled. There aren't any methods for handling a player changing traits, or acquiring or losing skills, but I've worked around this by getting the player's effects and checking if any of them are the buffs for either single target or tank mode.

That being said, is there any way that it would be possible to equip an item using Lua? I don't intend to distribute this plugin, so hard coding the item names or other identifiers is acceptable, if a workaround can be achieved doing that. I thought there used to be a console command to /equip an item, but I don't see it in the list anymore. If there were a way to either fire a custom quickslot, or a standard LOTRO quickslot action, that would also work; is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bombadil411; May 20 2015 at 08:53 PM.

This may or may not help, but ... I have seen a thread about a new(er) plugin called Sequence Bars which can remove gear and place said gear in specific slots in your inventory. I can only assume that perhaps the opposite could also be made to be true.
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Sequence bars relies on the user clicking on the quickslot with their mouse; that feature is native to Turbine's Lua API, but I don't know how to execute a quickslot's action from within a Lua script.

it's not possible to prevent use macro\bot\ai\trojan via lotro-lua

only personal player click on quickslot
    Legacies U23: https://lotrotools.pw/legacies.html
    Ololo-trololo

Quote Originally Posted by Bombadil411 View Post
    Sequence bars relies on the user clicking on the quickslot with their mouse; that feature is native to Turbine's Lua API, but I don't know how to execute a quickslot's action from within a Lua script.
    Turbine intentionally prevents Lua plugins from executing quickslots. You have to actually click the mouse to execute a quickslot. This is to prevent macros, obviously.

SequenceBars allows you to create a sequence of quickslots, and it moves them under your mouse cursor as you click them. If Lua plugins could execute quickslots without mouse clicks, there would be no need at all for SequenceBars.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

It can be done, but in C/C++, not LUA.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    It can be done, but in C/C++, not LUA.
    Do you think you could walk me through the process? I have experience using C and C++, just not alongside Lua or games.