We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Calculating Incoming Damage

Dadi's Guide To Damage, Mitigation, Avoidances, and Calculation

Definitions:

Attack Types

Melee Attack: Attack by a physical hit of a non-ranged weapon (i.e. Sword, Dagger, Shield, etc.)
    Ranged Attack: Attack by a ranged physical weapon (i.e. Arrow, Javelin, Throwing Axe, etc.)

Melee and Ranged Damage can be in the form of; Common, Westernesse, Beleriand, Ancient-dwarf. etc.

Tactical Attack: Attacks by non-physical sources.

Tactical Damage can be in the form of; Fire, Frost, Lightning, Acid, Light, Shadow, etc.

Mastery Types

Physical Mastery: All outgoing Melee and Ranged skills are based on Physical Mastery
    Tactical Mastery: All outgoing Tactical skills are based on Tactical Mastery

All outgoing damage is calculated based on the initial damage type (Melee, Ranged, Tactical) of the weapon or skill being used.

Example; A sword is used to hit an enemy. The outgoing damage amount is calculated based on your Physical Mastery.

Example; An arrow treated with fire oil is fired at an enemy. The outgoing damage amount is calculated based your Physical Mastery.

Example; A Rune-keeper's Smouldering Wrath skill is used on an enemy. The outgoing damage amount is calculated based on your Tactical Mastery.

Mitigation Types

Physical Mitigation: Reduces the amount of incoming Melee and Ranged damage.
    Tactical Mitigation: Reduces the amount of incoming Tactical damage.

All incoming damage is calculated based on the final form of the damage type (Common, Westernesse, Beleriand, Fire, Acid, etc.)

Example; A sword with beleriand damage is used to hit an enemy. The incoming damage amount is mitigated based on their Physical Mitigation.

Example; An arrow treated with fire oil is fired at an enemy. The incoming damage amount is mitigated based on their Tactical Mitigation.

Example; A Rune-keeper's Smouldering Wrath skill is used on an enemy. The incoming damage amount is mitigated based on their Tactical Mitigation.

Finesse

Finesse lowers your avoidances (BPE and Resistance).

If you have 20% Finesse then it works like this for BPE;

BPE (initial) - Finesse = BPE (final)

Assuming you have 25% Block, 20% Parry, and 15 % Evade = 60% Avoidance (initial)

B (initial) 25 - (20*25/60) = ~16.67% (final)
    P (initial) 20 - (20*20/60) = ~13.33% (final)
    E (initial) 15 - (20*15/60) = 10% (final)

You now have 16.67% Block, 13.33% Parry, and 10% Evade = ~40% Avoidance (final)

If you have 20% Finesse then it works like this for Resistance;

Resistance (initial) - Finesse = Resistance (final)

Avoidances (full)

Block: You must have a shield equipped to be able to block. The attacker must be in front of you to block the attack. Only melee and ranged damage can be blocked, tactical cannot.
    Parry: You must have a weapon in your hand to be able to parry. The attacker must be in front of you to parry the attack. Only melee and ranged damage can be parried, tactical cannot.
    Evade: You can evade and attack from any direction. Only melee and ranged attacks can be evaded, tactical cannot.
    Resistance: You can resist an attack from any direction. Only tactical attacks can be resisted, melee and ranged cannot.

Block, Parry, and Evade (BPE) are pretty straight forward.

Example; A Captain uses Sure Strike against a foe. The foe has a shield and a sword. Therefore the foe has a chance to BPE.

Example; A Hunter uses Barbed Arrow against a foe. The foe has no weapon or shield. Therefore the foe can only have a chance to evade.

Resistance is a little tricky.

Example; A Rune-keeper's Epic Conclusion skill is used. The defender has a chance to resist the attack (no damage).

Example; A Hunter uses Fire Oil and Barbed Arrow against a foe. The defender does not have a weapon or shield. The defender only has a chance to evade the attack as it is a ranged attack. HOWEVER, each bleed pulse can be resisted as it is tactical damage type (fire).

Roll calculation for BPE

If you have Block 15%, Parry 20%, and Evade 25%;

One d100 roll is made (0-100) to determine if you are hit. Assuming the attacker has zero finesse (for simplicity of explaining the roll mechanism):

1-15 = Block
    15-35 = Parry
    36-60 = Evade
    61-100 = Hit (go on to partial BPE calculations)

However, you must factor in Finesse for the above (see Finesse section above).

Avoidances (partial)

Only Block, Parry, and Evade (BPE) can be partial. Essentially blocked some of the attack with the shield but were glanced by the weapon, or you stopped most of the weapon attack with your weapon but took some of the hit, or you did not take a direct hit but still took damage. You cannot partially resist and attack.

Devastating Critical / Critical

Devastating Crit (2x your max damage) > Crit (1.5x your max damage) > Normal Hit (1x)

One roll is used to determine the outcome of Dev Crit and Crit.

Ex. If you have a 10% Dev Crit chance and a 25% Crit chance:

Roll (0-100)

0-10 = Dev Crit
    11-35 = Crit
    36-100 = Normal Hit

Critical Defence

Crit D does not reduce your chances of being hit by a Critical (or Devastating). It reduces the magnitude of the Crit / Dev Crit.

As stated above, Dev Crits have a magnitude of 2x (200%) your max damage and Crits have a magnitude of 1.5x (100%) your max damage.

Dev Crit Mag (initial) - Crit D = Dev Crit Mag (final)
    Crit Mag (initial) - Crit D = Crit Mag (final)

Example;

A mob hits you with a Devastating Crit (magnitude = 200%) and you have a Critical Defence of 50%. The max damage of the mob skill was 1,000.

Dev Crit Mag (initial) - Crit D = Dev Crit Mag (final)

200% (initial) - 50% (Crit D) = 150% Dev Crit Mag (final)

Raw Damage (can be further reduced) = 1,000 * 150% = 1,500

Damage Calculations

To my knowledge in its simplest form damage is calculated in the following way;

Physical Attacks (Ranged / Melee)

1) Roll to see if hit
    a) If miss - No damage (end chain of events)
    b) If hit, go to 2
    2) Roll to see if Block, Parry, or Evade (one roll to determine which of BPE; or none) - NOTE: Finesse lowers these percentages (BPE).
    a) If successful - No damage (end chain of events)
    b) If fail, go to 3
    3) Roll to see if Partial Block, Parry, or Evade from above (one roll)
    a) If successful, go to 8
    b) If failed, go to 4
    4) Roll to see if hit is a Devastating / Critical (one roll)
    a) If Dev, go to 6
    b) If Crit, go to 7
    c) If fail, go to 9
    6) Calculate magnitude of Devastating, go to 9 (takes in to account Crit D)
    7) Calculate the magnitude of Critical, go to 9 (takes in to account Crit D)
    8) Calculate the partial BPE mitigation, go to 9
    9) Damage reduced by Physical Mitigation or Tactical Mitigation (i.e. Fire Oil on arrows)
    10) Raw incoming damage to be further reduced by Tomes, Buffs, Etc.

Tactical Attacks

1) Roll to see if resisted NOTE: Finesse lowers the resistance percentage.
    a) If resisted - No damage (end chain of events)
    b) If hit, go to 2
    2) Roll to see if hit is a Devastating / Critical (one roll)
    a) If Dev, go to 4
    b) If Crit, go to 5
    c) If fail, go to 6
    4) Calculate magnitude of Devastating, go to 6 (takes in to account Crit D)
    5) Calculate the magnitude of Critical. go to 6 (takes in to account Crit D)
    6) Damage reduced by Tactical Mitigation
    9) Raw incoming damage to be further reduced by Tomes, Buffs, Etc.

I am aware that there are various factors that can affect the various steps above, I am looking for the process in its rawest form.

What About Damage Types That Are Altered?

The difficult concept that many have a hard time wrapping their heads around is when the damage type is altered (i.e. Hunter oils).

Hunter Using Fire Oil

Example;
    A Hunter uses Fire Oil and Barbed Arrow against a foe.

ARROW (Fire)

The arrow itself can be Blocked, Parried, or Evaded (BPE).
    Assuming a direct hit, the outgoing damage is calculated based on the Hunter's Physical Mastery (due to the Ranged type of attack).
    The incoming damage amount can be mitigated by the defender's Tactical Mitigation (due to the fire damage type).

BLEED (Fire)

Each bleed pulse can be Resisted.
    Assuming it is not resisted, the damage amount is calculated on the Hunter's Physical Mastery.
    The damage taken by the foe can be mitigated by its Tactical Mitigation (fire type damage).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Found this from a Dev on Partial BPE:

Quote Originally Posted by Graalx2 View Post
    Partial mitigation will no longer add to regular mitigation. Instead it will be multiplicative. 100 damage 60% mitigation + 50% partial mitigation = 100*(1-.6)*(1-.5) = 20 damage.

The reason behind this change is to prevent players from becoming immune to monsters with the increased mitigation and BPE rates available in Isengard.

The reason this isn't in the patch notes is that it would cause more confusion than clarification. Many players assume that is the way it always worked. Only those really into the math knew that partial mitigation was additive. I felt that a forum post in the Guardian or Warden forum would get out the knowledge for those who are interested.
    Found this from a Dev on Critical and Devastating:

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDan View Post
    They are not a percent of a percent. If you have a 15% chance for a regular critical and a 4% chance for a devastating critical, you have a 19% chance to critical in one form or another. Both kinds of critical will allow you to use your crit-response skills.
    Any input in to the above would be great. Please try to find factual data to back up your statements.
    Last edited by Proudcdn; Jan 25 2016 at 07:40 PM.
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Your process seems pretty solid theoretically; though I think there is an additional check for any -incoming damage modifiers (i.e. heavy shields with -10% incoming ranged damage stat). I always presumed that this check would take place last, meaning that there is the raw damage value, then it is mitigated, then is is reduced by -incoming damage buffs).

that buff also seams to be an additive stacking stat, with the exception of Captain's Shield of the Dunedain skill (which explicitly states that is doesn't stack)

Quote Originally Posted by Proudcdn View Post
    Hello All,

I am in the process of writing up a guide to how incoming (and conversely outgoing) damage works. I would like some input on this please.

To my knowledge in its simplest form;

Physical Attacks

1) Roll to see if hit
    b) If hit, go to 2
    2) Roll to see if hit is a Critical
    a) If yes, go to 3
    b) If no, go to 6
    3) Roll to see if Devastating
    a) If yes, go to 4
    b) If no, go to 5
    4) Calculate magnitude of Devastating, go to 6
    5) Calculate the magnitude of Critical
    6) Roll to see if Block, Parry, Evade
    b) If fail, go to 7
    7) Roll to see if Partial Block, Parry, Evade
    a) If successful, go to 8
    b) If failed, go to 9
    8) Damage from Partial BPE calculated after Partial BPE mitigations, go to 9.
    9) Damage reduced by Physical Mitigation
    10) Damage done !

Tactical Attacks

1) Roll to see if hit
    b) If hit, go to 2
    2) Roll to see if hit is a Critical
    a) If yes, go to 3
    b) If no, go to 6
    3) Roll to see if Devastating
    a) If yes, go to 4
    b) If no, go to 5
    4) Calculate magnitude of Devastating, go to 6
    5) Calculate the magnitude of Critical
    6) Roll to see if Resisted
    b) If fail, go to 7
    7) Damage reduced by Tactical Mitigation
    8) Damage done !

I am aware that there are various factors that can affect the various steps above, I am looking for the process in its rawest form.
    You might wanna change it a bit:
    1st line : "if miss" ...also here you have to add ressist and BPE(block parry evade) and the partial bpe. If it crits or devs its also a small interval on how much the crit multip will add. I strongly think that crit is not equal crit and same is for dev mag.
    If the enemy crit or dev hit you have to take in consideration the crit defence of the target.
    I think that the values of crit defence and mit are running pararell to the dmg calculation
    Everything else looks perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by michael_black22 View Post
    1st line : "if miss" ...also here you have to add ressist and BPE(block parry evade) and the partial bpe. If it crits or devs its also a small interval on how much the crit multip will add. I strongly think that crit is not equal crit and same is for dev mag.
    If the enemy crit or dev hit you have to take in consideration the crit defence of the target.
    I think that the values of crit defence and mit are running pararell to the dmg calculation
    Resist is only for Tactical and it is mentioned in that section.

Not sure what you mean by;

also here you have to add ressist and BPE(block parry evade) and the partial bpe.
    All of that is in there?
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brinuw View Post
    Your process seems pretty solid theoretically; though I think there is an additional check for any -incoming damage modifiers (i.e. heavy shields with -10% incoming ranged damage stat). I always presumed that this check would take place last, meaning that there is the raw damage value, then it is mitigated, then is is reduced by -incoming damage buffs).

that buff also seams to be an additive stacking stat, with the exception of Captain's Shield of the Dunedain skill (which explicitly states that is doesn't stack)
    That is true, some gear does offer Ranged Defence ... Now the questions is; Does this apply to the hit chance or does it apply to a damage mitigation? If it is a mitigation, is it calculated before or after a crit has been applied?
    Last edited by Proudcdn; Mar 15 2015 at 08:07 PM.
    dadislotroguides.com

Resist is only for Tactical and it is mentioned in that section.

Not sure what you mean by;

All of that is in there?
    Ofc i saw where you added the BPE line... But in the wrong possition. Add it at the top...same is with ressist. First line: "if miss" then add the IFs for ressist and bpe.
    Why in the world you want to calculate if its gone be a dev or a crit if its gone get full blocked parryed or evaded. Partial are something else, there you gone need to know if it was a crit or dev.
    This is my opinion.

While it's hard to know what order the actual system runs those checks in, I agree, BPE would be simplest if it came right after hit/miss. All depends on how you word your guide, though.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    While it's hard to know what order the actual system runs those checks in, I agree, BPE would be simplest if it came right after hit/miss. All depends on how you word your guide, though.
    I am trying to determine if;

1,000 Incoming Damage

Partially Block - Reduces it to 750 Damage

Critical - is it determined on the 750 or the 1,000?

I am pretty sure it is on the 1,000 which is why you have to calculate the Crit before a BPE.
    dadislotroguides.com

Also, does Resist play any role at all in the ability of a Tactical attack to hit? I know it plays a role for DOTs or other affects already on a player.
    dadislotroguides.com

In general, I'd expect it first checks if it hit or not (immunity first, then miss chance, then resistance, then BPE), before it goes to checking partial BPE. Then crit/dev/regular, and finally calculate the damage.
    While partial BPE should come before crit/dev rolls? Well, because partially avoided hits cannot crit/dev.
    Determining whether it hits or not before calculating damages saves several RNG rolls, as well as retrieving/calculating some stats, so it'd be faster to do it that way.

I don't think the skill source has a direct influence on which avoidances are enabled or not, instead I think those are simply defined for each skill manually (this explains certain bugs where some tactical skills can be evaded), where the convention is that tactical skills are resisted and physical skills BPE'ed, and that effects/DoT ticks also follow resistance, and can't be BPE'ed.

Also worth noting, devastate is determined separately from critical, and rolled before crit I think (to give it priority), although it might use a similar way as BPE (both going on a single roll).
    Last edited by Vulcwen; Mar 16 2015 at 04:47 PM.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

This is true, otherwise we would be seeing partial BPE's on crits, which we don't. (Partial) BPE before crits.

Based on feedback I have amended the original post.

Does this look right?
    dadislotroguides.com

In step two, you should clarify that Block, Parry, and Evade are not "rolled" separately. One roll determines whether the hit gets through BPE. For example, suppose a tank has block 25.0%, Parry 20.0%, and Evade 15.0%. One roll determines the result:

0 - 25 block
    25.0001 - 45 parry
    45.0001 - 60 evade
    60.0001 - 100 BPE bypassed successfully.

I'm not sure if the partial bpe stack up in the same way or whether they are part of the roll above.

Similarly, the dev crit and crit steps should be combined into a single roll. If your Dev chance is 10% and Crit chance is 25%:
    0-10 Dev
    10.0001 - 35 Crit
    35.0001 - 100 No Crit

Useful links (old):
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...on-and-Offence
    https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/show...ivity-Question
    Last edited by Maelon; Mar 16 2015 at 10:07 PM.
    Arkenstone: Pelagor 100 Captain, Finarwe 100 Loremaster, Banderdas 100 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Maelon View Post
    In step two, you should clarify that Block, Parry, and Evade are not "rolled" separately. One roll determines whether the hit gets through BPE. For example, suppose a tank has block 25.0%, Parry 20.0%, and Evade 15.0%. One roll determines the result:

0 - 25 block
    25.0001 - 45 parry
    45.0001 - 60 evade
    60.0001 - 100 BPE bypassed successfully.

I'm not sure if the partial bpe stack up in the same way or whether they are part of the roll above.

Similarly, the dev crit and crit steps should be combined into a single roll. If your Dev chance is 10% and Crit chance is 25%:
    0-10 Dev
    10.0001 - 35 Crit
    35.0001 - 100 No Crit

Useful links (old):
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...on-and-Offence
    https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/show...ivity-Question
    Makes sense, added to OP
    dadislotroguides.com

Will you want to factor in Finesse and how this affects BPE and Resist?

I realize you are trying to capture damage in its rawest form, but a few things take place after reducing the damage by Physical/Tactical Mitigation. Namely damage reduction from audacity (moors only), tomes of defence, and bubbles from a Warleader or Captain (In Harm's Way or Shield of the Dunedain). The way these work changed (in U12.3) so that they don't add up additively with mitigation, and hence don't reduce damage to zero. But I'm not sure of the exact mechanic. The link to the 12.3 Release Notes is below:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes
    Arkenstone: Pelagor 100 Captain, Finarwe 100 Loremaster, Banderdas 100 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Jula View Post
    Will you want to factor in Finesse and how this affects BPE and Resist?
    I think I will save this for an outgoing damage write-up as there is no way for you to alter a Mobs Finesse.
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maelon View Post
    I realize you are trying to capture damage in its rawest form, but a few things take place after reducing the damage by Physical/Tactical Mitigation. Namely damage reduction from audacity (moors only), tomes of defence, and bubbles from a Warleader or Captain (In Harm's Way or Shield of the Dunedain). The way these work changed (in U12.3) so that they don't add up additively with mitigation, and hence don't reduce damage to zero. But I'm not sure of the exact mechanic. The link to the 12.3 Release Notes is below:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes
    This is a good point. I have changed the last line to read: Raw incoming damage to be further reduced by Tomes, Buffs, Etc
    dadislotroguides.com

General suggestion - combine things as much as possible - for example, you've got two "Roll to see if hit is a Devastating / Critical (one roll)" sections and they're the same. Combining both sections does two things: first, it explicitly tells people reading the description that the exact same thing is happening, and second, it makes it easier to update, if that is ever needed.

Otherwise...

Try to use game terms - for example, you use physical attack vs. tactical attack. Atm, the physical/tactical distinction only occurs with physical and tactical damage. But I don't think the type damage is the feature that distinguishes between the two types of attacks you're talking about. I'm assuming you mean melee/ranged vs. tactical, but you should say that explicitly.

I'm not sure tactical attacks can miss. I know melee and ranged attacks can, and they'll be affected by +x% miss chance debuffs, but I don't think tactical attacks do the same.

All attacks, however, can be deflected (unless you're using the German client, in which case both misses and deflections use the same term - "verfehlte"). Deflections only when you're attacking mobs that are sufficiently higher level than you, however.

Also, for mitigations, there's actually two separate types of mitigations: damage type and damage source/incoming damage. Damage type refers to... well, the damage type, and is split up into the physical and tactical damage types. So a ranged attack that does fire damage (for example, a hunter using fire oil) will use tactical mitigations, even though the attack is a ranged attack. Damage source refers to the type of skill - melee, ranged, tactical. Incoming damage is a blanket version that applies to all three damage sources.

Finally, damage redirection applies after mitigations.

And then, finally, there's reflected and redirected damage which is just applied directly and ignores anything that might mitigate it (unless specifically stated by the redirect effect - see the Beorning's Sacrifice, under certain circumstances).

Quote Originally Posted by moebius92 View Post
    General suggestion - combine things as much as possible - for example, you've got two "Roll to see if hit is a Devastating / Critical (one roll)" sections and they're the same. Combining both sections does two things: first, it explicitly tells people reading the description that the exact same thing is happening, and second, it makes it easier to update, if that is ever needed.

Otherwise...

Try to use game terms - for example, you use physical attack vs. tactical attack. Atm, the physical/tactical distinction only occurs with physical and tactical damage. But I don't think the type damage is the feature that distinguishes between the two types of attacks you're talking about. I'm assuming you mean melee/ranged vs. tactical, but you should say that explicitly.

I'm not sure tactical attacks can miss. I know melee and ranged attacks can, and they'll be affected by +x% miss chance debuffs, but I don't think tactical attacks do the same.

All attacks, however, can be deflected (unless you're using the German client, in which case both misses and deflections use the same term - "verfehlte"). Deflections only when you're attacking mobs that are sufficiently higher level than you, however.

Also, for mitigations, there's actually two separate types of mitigations: damage type and damage source/incoming damage. Damage type refers to... well, the damage type, and is split up into the physical and tactical damage types. So a ranged attack that does fire damage (for example, a hunter using fire oil) will use tactical mitigations, even though the attack is a ranged attack. Damage source refers to the type of skill - melee, ranged, tactical. Incoming damage is a blanket version that applies to all three damage sources.

Finally, damage redirection applies after mitigations.

And then, finally, there's reflected and redirected damage which is just applied directly and ignores anything that might mitigate it (unless specifically stated by the redirect effect - see the Beorning's Sacrifice, under certain circumstances).
    Thank you for the input.

At the moment I am only working on incoming damage (mob attacking you), so the model above only represents Mob damage on Player (PVE).
    dadislotroguides.com

Tactical Attacks

1) Roll to see if hit

b) If hit, go to 2
    2) Roll to see if hit is a Devastating / Critical (one roll)
    a) If Dev, go to 4
    b) If Crit, go to 5
    c) If fail, go to 6
    4) Calculate magnitude of Devastating, go to 6 (takes in to account Crit D)
    5) Calculate the magnitude of Critical. go to 6 (takes in to account Crit D)
    6) Damage reduced by Physical Mitigation
    9) Raw incoming damage to be further reduced by Tomes, Buffs, Etc.
    You can't miss tactical attacks. They can only be resisted. Also, not sure why you mention physical mitigation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Manulele View Post
    You can't miss tactical attacks. They can only be resisted. Also, not sure why you mention physical mitigation here.
    Good catch, corrected.
    dadislotroguides.com

About partial BPE. After usual runs, what I see, is that if for example my Evade is 15% and partial Evade is 3.5%, then I fully evade 11.5% and partially evade 3.5% of attacks. Partial avoidances have their own damage mitigation rate, which can be improved by specific relics and skill buffs (e.g. Warden). I am not absolutely sure about this, thought, I have seen sometimes quite strange numbers in those stats (also, it is pretty hard to achieve the theoretical numbers, you would need on-level mobs without any Finesse or special attacks in large numbers).

About Auda, Tome of Defence and such. There are two sorts of mitigations, one based on damage source (melee, ranged, tactical), one on damage type (common, fire, ...). What I see is that Audacity, Tome of Defence and some skills and abilities (like blue Champion's damage reduction bonus from Fervour, and Adamant/Invincible) are visible in damage *source* mitigations. They dont add rating (number stays at zero), but they add percentage. They also stack, so blue Champion in Ettenmoors with Tome of Defence can bring melee damage source mitigations to 65% (30% Auda, 5% Tome of Defence, 10% Fervour, 20% Adamant).
    Laurelin freeps: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin extras: Tamyah (Baby Captain) - Netta (Baby Lore-master) - Yasmint (Cook)
    Laurelin creeps: Tamratz (R9 Warg) - Tambash (R8 Blackarrow)

Hello All,

If this is true; what drives it?

1) Roll to see if resisted
    b) If hit, go to 2

My understanding is that Resistance has nothing to do with tactical attacks; just pottable effects (wound, poison, disease, fear).
    dadislotroguides.com

Hello All,

If this is true; what drives it?

1) Roll to see if resisted
    b) If hit, go to 2

My understanding is that Resistance has nothing to do with tactical attacks; just pottable effects (wound, poison, disease, fear).
    Mobs rarely use real tactical attacks, mostly they are ranged or melee attacks with a tactical type (not reduced by frost-lore). Further, tactical attacks from mobs go through BPE, not resistance indeed, but from creeps (defilers/WLs) they do get resisted, and in turn can't be BPE'ed.
    Resistance however doesn't work just with pottable effects, all kinds of debuffs/DoTs can be resisted, and generally do have a resistance type associated with it, as resistance is actually split up in 4 distinct types.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast