We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

This will kill /ooc

I'm overjoyed, the OOC channel is doomed. People will be able to answer their endless questions by simply looking it up.

Oh wait...

Regardless, my hat's off to Turbine for launching this, it looks to be an excellent resource, free of gold spam and leveling ads that overwhelmed sites like Alla, Thottbot and wowhead for that game I used to play.

Fansites should survive this as long as they offer what the Lorebook will not, tips, strategies, locations, maps, etc.

Re: This will kill /ooc

Quote Originally Posted by gernblanstonforum View Post
    .... Fansites should survive this as long as they offer what the Lorebook will not, tips, strategies, locations, maps, etc.
    It's a wiki, features like this will depend in part on the community.

Just as the community develop mods for WoW and then Blizzard adopt the really good ones, I expect good contributions by the Lotro community will be adopted and enhanced by Turbine.

I remember thinking this was a cool idea when it was first announced, I'm so pleased that it is starting to surface.

Fansites should survive this as long as they offer what the Lorebook will not, tips, strategies, locations, maps, etc.
    That data will be in Turbines Wiki.
    Stip - Minstrel on Windfola, Officer of The Evolution of Light
    LOTRO Quest/Crafting Database and Wiki. Easy to read quest writeups with screenshots:
    [url]http://lotro.wikia.com[/url]

People will still ask questions in /ooc that can easily be answered on the lorebook. Log on to WoW right now, in almost any zone, and I assure you you'll see a question that can be answered with thirty seconds on www.thottbot.com within about 10 minutes or so.

I'm overjoyed, the OOC channel is doomed.
    No the Advice column is doomed . . . the OCC will forever be full of spam.

And you know that the convos there are the most mind numbing ever.

NOTHING will kill off /ooc

And people will more readily ask on /advice than to tab out of a game to find an answer.

What this lorebook will give them I hope is a pervue of tactics when stuck all alone with a fellowship in a dungeon against something smashing their heads in repeatedly. Also good maps that they can navigate by. But I certainly expect the same volume of chatter on /advice... just now with idiots saying 'l2p, go read the lorebook noob!'. But I think there will still be plenty of us more than willing to answer the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Naftali View Post
    People will still ask questions in /ooc that can easily be answered on the lorebook.
    Heck, I see plenty of questions that can be answered by reading the bloody quest test!

It makes me mad when people ask "Where is this person?" I always can find the person with the quest directions. They're usualy very well and lead me directly to him....and I'm bad with directions. Advice and OOC will never ever die....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000022a9/01008/signature.png]Falthorn[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by aklouie View Post
    NOTHING will kill off /ooc

And people will more readily ask on /advice than to tab out of a game to find an answer.

What this lorebook will give them I hope is a pervue of tactics when stuck all alone with a fellowship in a dungeon against something smashing their heads in repeatedly. Also good maps that they can navigate by. But I certainly expect the same volume of chatter on /advice... just now with idiots saying 'l2p, go read the lorebook noob!'. But I think there will still be plenty of us more than willing to answer the questions.
    This will be an INGAME resource.
    [I]Heroes are made when you make a choice - Superchic[k][/I]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000163c7f/01007/signature.png]Cloudbirth[/charsig]
    [URL="http://www.google.com/profiles/manorton"]My Google Profile[/URL] - Follow me on Twitter: [URL="http://twitter.com/manorton"]manorton[/URL]