We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Suggestions

Suggestions

Overall, great work! Some suggestions:

1) On the quest list pages, provide a list of quests sorted by level.

2) Add popup tooltips for trait/skill/etc. icons like the ones that exist for weapons/armor/etc.

3) Maintain the expanded/collapsed state of lists. Example:
    a) navigate to http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Class:Hunter
    b) scroll down to the Active Skills section
    c) expand the list of skills
    d) click on the name of one of the skills. This takes you to the page that describes the skill.
    e) click the browser's "Back" button. Note that the skills list is again collapsed.

The current behavior makes browsing skill lists cumbersome. Note that adding tooltips to the skill icons (see #2 above) would alleviate much of this.

4) Include some sample screenshots of each monster in the compendium. A lot of the creature art in this game is fantastic; this would be a great place to show it off!

5) Link from the Area: pages to a page listing quests found in that area.

6) Add maps to the Area: pages. I can understand not wanting to spoil the sense of exploration, but this data is already available on 3rd-party sites.

Re: Suggestions

I absolutely support suggestion #1, that was my first thought when I went into the Minstrel area to look at my class quests.

On that note, formatting for the current alphabetical arrangement is awkward. Using this example page:

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Category:Minstrel_Quests
    • Either move the large letters (which would be optionally replaced by level numbers as per suggestion #1) so that they are flush with and the same size (but different color/font) as the first link per section, including those in the following columns (no need to include the "cont.", by the way), or
    • Eliminate the word "Quest" and allow the list to fall into alphabetical (numerical) order, naturally.
    By the way, I did spot an error on the page.... "I cont." in the third column contains two more quests which begin with the letter A. That tells me that things aren't being lined up correctly in the table, itself.

My webpage remote formatting services are available at VERY low hourly rates. Yes, I'm serious.

I'd like to suggest that in quests by area, there be a further sub-division of quest type (crafting, epic, etc). I was hoping to easily find a listing of all of the crafting quests in the Shire.

Likewise in quests by Type, provide option drill downs on location (angmar, bree, etc.) or level, or both.

You've obviously got the data, it is just a bit hard to mine it right now for some general types of searches.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000014444/01003/signature.png]Iggie[/charsig]
    Field Operations Officer

[URL="http://shadowcompany.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=42293&TabID=373406"]Shadow Company - For Power and Profit![/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Norgal View Post
    3) Maintain the expanded/collapsed state of lists. Example:
    a) navigate to http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Class:Hunter
    b) scroll down to the Active Skills section
    c) expand the list of skills
    d) click on the name of one of the skills. This takes you to the page that describes the skill.
    e) click the browser's "Back" button. Note that the skills list is again collapsed.

The current behavior makes browsing skill lists cumbersome. Note that adding tooltips to the skill icons (see #2 above) would alleviate much of this.
    Just FYI, that would require some significant hacks to MediaWiki software.... and a good browser (not Internet Explorer) will do this for you already .

Quote Originally Posted by nealdt View Post
    Just FYI, that would require some significant hacks to MediaWiki software.... and a good browser (not Internet Explorer) will do this for you already .
    I'm not motivated enough to look at the code and figure it out myself, but hopefully this is something that would just require a little JavaScript.

And Firefox 2.x on a Mac doesn't do this for me. I haven't used IE on a regular basis in years.

I'd like to see music in here - how to play, etc. I know there's posts on the forums about it, but it would be nice to have the official notice here. Not necessarily songs, though that might be nifty too, but the basic workings of how to play, what keys to use and so on.