We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by friendsofthetooks View Post
    I will look tho what is Happy Cloud?
    (from http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Happy...1-program.aspx)

What is Happy Cloud Client? (from Happy Cloud)
    The Happy Cloud network lets you play games on demand, much like video on demand for your cable TV--no more waiting for long downloads. Happy Cloud uses cloud-computing technology to deliver streaming games. Instead of streaming the video as YouTube does, Happy Cloud streams the actual game media and resources.

Overview
    Happy Cloud Client is a software program developed by Happy Cloud. The most common release is 4.54, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The primary executable is named HappyCloudService.exe. The setup package generally installs about 24 files and is usually about 6.91 MB (7,250,504 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8. While about 67% of users of Happy Cloud Client come from the United States, it is also popular in Canada and Brazil.

Files installed by Happy Cloud Client
    Program executable: HappyCloudService.exe
    Name: HappyCloudService
    Path: C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Ha ppyCloud\Application\HappyClou dService.exe
    MD5: 7f76511e67b779edee2335c6e2f2a7 b3
    Additional files:

HCLOTROLoader.exe
    HCTeraLoader.exe
    npHappyCloudPlugin.dll (by The Happy Cloud) - Happy Cloud Plugin (Happy Cloud Web Plugin)
    HCDDOLoader.exe
    detourfileops.dll - HappyCloudService (DetourFileOps DLL)
    HappyCloudService.exe
    hcfwexcp.exe
    hcgameapi.dll
    hcuninstaller.exe - Happy Cloud Game Uninstaller
    uninstaller.exe
    hcwebwindow.exe
    HCLOTROLoader_fr.exe

BTW Pontin ... this is < Airual > from CrickHollow (my guardian). Nice to see a familar face on the forums ><
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    (from http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Happy...1-program.aspx)

What is Happy Cloud Client? (from Happy Cloud)
    The Happy Cloud network lets you play games on demand, much like video on demand for your cable TV--no more waiting for long downloads. Happy Cloud uses cloud-computing technology to deliver streaming games. Instead of streaming the video as YouTube does, Happy Cloud streams the actual game media and resources.

Overview
    Happy Cloud Client is a software program developed by Happy Cloud. The most common release is 4.54, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The primary executable is named HappyCloudService.exe. The setup package generally installs about 24 files and is usually about 6.91 MB (7,250,504 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8. While about 67% of users of Happy Cloud Client come from the United States, it is also popular in Canada and Brazil.

Files installed by Happy Cloud Client
    Program executable: HappyCloudService.exe
    Name: HappyCloudService
    Path: C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Ha ppyCloud\Application\HappyClou dService.exe
    MD5: 7f76511e67b779edee2335c6e2f2a7 b3
    Additional files:

HCLOTROLoader.exe
    HCTeraLoader.exe
    npHappyCloudPlugin.dll (by The Happy Cloud) - Happy Cloud Plugin (Happy Cloud Web Plugin)
    HCDDOLoader.exe
    detourfileops.dll - HappyCloudService (DetourFileOps DLL)
    HappyCloudService.exe
    hcfwexcp.exe
    hcgameapi.dll
    hcuninstaller.exe - Happy Cloud Game Uninstaller
    uninstaller.exe
    hcwebwindow.exe
    HCLOTROLoader_fr.exe

BTW Pontin ... this is < Airual > from CrickHollow (my guardian). Nice to see a familar face on the forums ><
    thanks for info may help others tho i looked an don't have happy cloud anywhere, and hello also i do post some on the fourms here
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by friendsofthetooks View Post
    thanks for info may help others tho i looked an don't have happy cloud anywhere
    When I uninstalled my Happy Cloud, I also uninstalled Origin and Steam ... so I cannot with certainty state that Happy Cloud caused my issues. I only say to try them because the "other thread" I referred to lists this as a solution from tech.support from Turbine. If I were you, I would uninstall any unwanted programs and this may relieve your issues as well.

Good Luck
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Im still having issues, i have changed the ports from 9000 to 9013 and it failed in the end..

Im in contact with Turbine through email but they NEVER consider its their server problem.

Im from arkenstone.

This problem has continued for me and seems to have gotten worse since Update 16. I downloaded the update last night and everything worked fine. Today, I can't connect to the server at all. I get to the character loading screen, click Enter Middle-earth, and the server connection drops. Tried to get into the game for almost an hour before I gave up.

Maybe there's just a lot of server traffic due to everyone wanting to play the new material. But I'm seeing a lot of threads about people with connection issues so it's possible that something went screwy with the update for some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by sLim1 View Post
    I have the same problem. I played lotro for months without any problems, but few weeks ago my person stuck at place, after that I was disconnected and cant login back. This is happens me all time now after few minutes play, sometime after few hours. I see many post here to this problem, but they just ignore them and nothing happens. It is very frustrating, I paid VIP but after that, I probably stop paying.
    I just posted that I am crashing at startup screen of every server except Meneldor, where I usually play. Can't even select a character or create.

Experiencing similar issues, both on Windfola and Riddermark. Most often it's when switching instances, though occasionally, it has been when just moving around in the world. In the latter case, like others have described, my character just stops moving, and I eventually get a black screen informing me I've lost connection to the server.

I played this game prior to the recent update on this same computer with zero issues. I do not have any loss of connection issue on any other MMO or online game I play. I have set up the permissions for Windows Firewall and the port forwarding as suggested in their tech support site area. Sometimes I'm able to play for a while with no issue, and then others it happens a few times within an hour or two.

Limitless Disconnects

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post

To add to and clarify some of the things that have come before:

Port ranges:
    9000-9013 UDP Outbound for the client
    2900-2913 UDP Outbound for the chat client
    80 TCP and UDP

When you go in or out a door or zone, you can change ports

Use port forwarding if you are the only computer connecting to LOTRO through that router. Port triggering otherwise.

Yes adding a User Specified Port in the userpreferences.ini file has been known to help with stability, and to fix the issue some have had with dropping connection when talking with NPCs and trading with other players

The other common use of adding a userspecifiedport entry is when you have two computers connecting to LOTRO (
    or anything else using this range) through the same router at the same time and you do not want them to conflict. Choose a different value for each computer between 9000 and 9013. I have three connecting that way and they never conflict.

You could also have another type of conflict with another program. It is best to test playing LOTRO after a
    clean boot to see if your issue resolves. Crashing to desktop may be an indication of this, although client crashes have been known to be caused by disconnects on occasion. (Blue screen crashes are possibly driver related)

Don't forget to update all drivers and possibly mobo bios

(Sorry I haven't been as active in the tech forums in the last few months folks. Our company merged with another and it's been a bit frantic.)
    This post is welcome, and I've tried all the suggestions here. I'm not sure if you're an employee of Turbine or a player with a lot of tech xp - but none of this worked.

Still disconnecting limitless times!! Every 5 -10 minutes I'm frozen in place and a few seconds later my game drops to desk top or I'm frozen in place with a black screen and time out!

So Damn Frustrating!!

Why do i pay VIP in advance of a year to get this type of service!?

COME ON Turbine- Stop telling us to try stupid stuff.

Maintain your servers!!

Frozen in Place, then "Connection Is Lost"

Same thing happening here ... I'm frozen in place roughly every 10 to 15 minutes, the chat seems to continue working and I can pan the camera around but I'm stuck in one spot unable to move. Shortly afterwards the screen goes black with the message server connection has been lost.

I've tried port-forwarding and removing steam ... all of it useless for me and the problem persists.

7 year VIP, very annoying to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Clank View Post
    This is the same issue I'm having. Been an issue since I restarted LOTRO about a month and a half ago. I've tried: Full reinstall, different router, Wireless and wired connections, administrator mode, port forwarding, direct connect without a router, 2 different PCs, taking my laptop to my colleges wireless network, using a friends network, and some other miscellaneous "fixes".

Absolutely nothing seems to fix it. The freeze up and connection drop always happens when travelling to a new place. Sometimes on a stable master's horse to a new area, sometimes when loading a zone through a port or door, and sometimes just when on my own mount riding to a new quest hub. But ALWAYS WHEN TRAVELLING.

I don't know if it's an issue with loading the zone, or what. But this is seriously becoming a problem.

P.S. On a related note: When not getting the 0% loading screen for minutes before time-out, it always ends with the character frozen in place, with chat info still coming in. But key presses are not recognized at all.
    THIS. It's happening to both my husband and I. Starting yesterday I've had it 'crash straight to desktop' many times, without the delay or failure message. One of my characters can now no longer be logged in (unless it's on a different machine which doesn't help me).

I've defragged, debugged, rebooted everything, reset graphic options on the launcher, and don't know what else to try. The crashes are bad enough without having my oldest character locked out.

Will uninstalling and reinstalling fix this? I'd like to know it won't be for nothing before I spend the day doing that.

Edit/Add: It's worth noting that these crashes happen when only one of the computers is online, not just when both are, so no 'conflict'. Something is hinky.

I was so hoping you were completely correct

Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    I hope this doesn't come off as tin-foil-hat thinking, but it is a definite consideration that perhaps it is just a server-side problem. I know in other games that I have played, the servers became unstable and there were many complaints and then *poof* there was a new expansion or update or something drastic that happened in-game and then in retrospect, we all realized that the reason there were crashes was that the Devs were changing/fixing/altering the game while we were playing it and then after patch day, everything was suddenly all better. BTW, I've been getting crashed back to desktop at least 2-3 times a week this past 1-2 months. *shrug* It is annoying for sure, but I suspect that it will fix itself and be resolved in the coming weeks.
    I was wondering- are you still having crashes? Mine started happening somewhat more frequently than your 2-3 times a week; from January till the update it's been 3-5 times a day playing about 4 hrs a day-so roughly at least once an hour. Since update 16 it's about every 10 to 20 minutes. and sadly for me it's unplayable that way. So- just wondering if you've had any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallantgirl View Post
    I was wondering- are you still having crashes? Mine started happening somewhat more frequently than your 2-3 times a week; from January till the update it's been 3-5 times a day playing about 4 hrs a day-so roughly at least once an hour. Since update 16 it's about every 10 to 20 minutes. and sadly for me it's unplayable that way. So- just wondering if you've had any changes.
    This has gotten a lot worse in the last few days. Many people mentioning it in world chat as well. Same symptoms.
    Grundig blaupunkt luger frug
    Watusi snarf wazoo!
    Nixon dirksen nasahist
    Rebozo boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Gallantgirl View Post
    I haven't had a crash since a few days after I posted that response. I found a thread here on the forums which had numerous posts from Turbine tech persons and in one of these, they had suggested uninstalling Happy Cloud. For some reason, it has a chance to interfere with lotro. Since I was at wits end, I decided to try that as a solution. Not only did I uninstall Happy Cloud, but I also uninstalled Steam and Origin (other game device engines or w/e they are called). I then restarted my computer and have had zero d/c since. Not one single time! There is zero doubt in my mind that this is/was the cause and solution for me. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Quote Originally Posted by Fredegarh_Wayfarer View Post
    Hi. Longtime player here but haven't really used the forums. I am at my wits' end with a technical problem and am looking for advice. Lately I have been unable to stay connected to the LOTRO server (I play on Riddermark). I frequently lose connection to the server, often when a new screen is loading, such as when using a stable-master route or entering a door. Other times, my character simply freezes in place and the server drops after a few moments. This has been happening a lot lately and I can't play the game without getting kicked off the server multiple times.

The problem seemed to start after I connected a new modem provided by Comcast. Is there a setting I need to change? Or is the new modem interfering with connectivity, the way some ISPs attempt to interfere with torrents or file-sharing programs?

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

I had the exact same issue and replies to the ticket I submitted didn't help at all. I was being DC'd 5-6 times an hr, sometimes within 2-3 mins of logging in. Same symptoms, character freezes although chat works, you can rotate character but not move it, some menus still work, etc etc etc.

Then I discovered a cool lil program called "Game Fire", free (open source), installed it, ran it with default settings and voila, no more disconnections since, not even one It even boosted gameplay a bit. Lotsa customization options for those who like to tinker. Enjoy!

Download link for Game Fire - http://www.smartpcutilities.com/gamefire.html

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I Found A Solution!

UPDATE: although the fix below worked for me a few days in a row, eventually I ended up back at square one with freeze-ups and lost connection ... see my frustrated reply just below this post

****************************** ****************************** ****************************** ***********

For me, I discovered what was causing the problem ... just to be clear though here is what was happening exactly:

- I'd be adventuring, pretty much anywhere ... changing zones or not
    - My character would suddenly be frozen in place after anywhere between 1 to 10 minutes of play
    - The chat server seemed to be still working fine as I'd see world chat still scrolling by
    - I would eventually get a black screen saying server connection had been lost
    - At anytime before, during, or after the freeze, I could alt-tab to windows, right click on the LOTRO icon in my task bar and see the following lotro-client message: "The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters. [205]"

As it turns out, my problem had everything to do with being connected via a wireless connection. I have an excellent router feeding wi-fi throughout my place ... multiple devices, phones, etc working perfectly ... and signal strength is a non-issue. However the problem above with LOTRO seems to have become a problem only recently ... i.e., since one of the most recent updates ... since I've been playing via a wireless connection on the same PC for a very long time.

I had to setup port-forwarding directly on my router, assigning port 9000 specifically/exclusively to my wirelessly connected PC.

I then needed to edit the UserPreferences.ini located in my Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online directory, changing the line under [NET] section accordingly to "UserSpecifiedPort=9000"

Been running smoothly without a hitch ever-since.

I'm certain that a wired connection would have also resolved the issue, but given that I can't run a wire all the way to my PC this was my only other way to resolve it ... and thank goodness, a 7-year VIP needs his fix!
    Last edited by For-Rum; Jun 14 2015 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by For-Rum View Post
    I'm certain that a wired connection would have also resolved the issue, but given that I can't run a wire all the way to my PC this was my only other way to resolve it ... and thank goodness, a 7-year VIP needs his fix!
    I'm having the same problem since U15, but I am wired. I also have configured a fixed port and a port forward.

Have you ever looked at powerline Ethernet?
    Grundig blaupunkt luger frug
    Watusi snarf wazoo!
    Nixon dirksen nasahist
    Rebozo boogaloo

Solution Lost

Quote Originally Posted by For-Rum View Post
    For me, I discovered what was causing the problem ... just to be clear though here is what was happening exactly:

- I'd be adventuring, pretty much anywhere ... changing zones or not
    - My character would suddenly be frozen in place after anywhere between 1 to 10 minutes of play
    - The chat server seemed to be still working fine as I'd see world chat still scrolling by
    - I would eventually get a black screen saying server connection had been lost
    - At anytime before, during, or after the freeze, I could alt-tab to windows, right click on the LOTRO icon in my task bar and see the following lotro-client message: "The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters. [205]"

As it turns out, my problem had everything to do with being connected via a wireless connection. I have an excellent router feeding wi-fi throughout my place ... multiple devices, phones, etc working perfectly ... and signal strength is a non-issue. However the problem above with LOTRO seems to have become a problem only recently ... i.e., since one of the most recent updates ... since I've been playing via a wireless connection on the same PC for a very long time.

I had to setup port-forwarding directly on my router, assigning port 9000 specifically/exclusively to my wirelessly connected PC.

I then needed to edit the UserPreferences.ini located in my Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online directory, changing the line under [NET] section accordingly to "UserSpecifiedPort=9000"

Been running smoothly without a hitch ever-since.

So I take it all back, it may have worked for a few days but in the end I'm back to square one ... still freezing up in all manner of locations whether travelling or not, then eventually black screen and lost connection. This is COMPLETELY unpleasant and I'm totally at a loss how to fix it.

I've tried fixing the firewall, port-forwarding, turning off all other wireless devices just in case ... this is such a pian

Quote Originally Posted by veldron View Post
    Funny you would say weather because that is what I was thinking it may be. We also have a strong internet connection and play WOW, GW2 and other MMO with no issue at all. This issue with LOTRO has been for the last couple days. At times I can play for a while but then again there are times I freeze in place and time out after a few minutes. I have contacted my ISP and they can't see anything. I have done speed tests from multiple utilities and get a consistent solid 20M so I don't get why this is happening other than something that went wrong during the last hot patch. That is when this all started. I have been VIP the last several months and was considering getting that year for 20% off but I think I am going to pass until this gets resolved. I hate paying for something that I can not use the way it was intended. Hopefully they can get this figured out.
    If you can check for memory leaks .Lotro from what I gather stores memory and doesn't drop it as you change from screen to screen.If you notice ,that is more than likely where your problems start.They aren't even aware of it,or claim not to be.

Exclamation Disconnected all the time and can't play

I've done everything i can.. uninstalled happy cloud, changing userpreference file, reinstalled game, the only thing i cannot do is change port because my router (Packetfront) makes it impossible. Seriously i can't even load the game, it just says my connection is lost after a while of loading. I experimented a bit and found out it works if i use wired ethernet network, but sadly i can't use this since the cable doesnt reach (unless i wanna sit on the floor). My boyfriend tried playing lotro too, but he got the exact same problem as me. I am so frustrated i've been away for a year and wanted to play this game again and really looking forward to it and it doesn't even work! Is my wifi connection just #### and nothing i can do to fix this? Or is it anything at all that may help me? Please help!

(Ah and sorry if i'm bringing up an old thread, for some reason i can't make my own new threads..?)

Quote Originally Posted by Snigelsnigel View Post
    I've done everything i can.. uninstalled happy cloud, changing userpreference file, reinstalled game, the only thing i cannot do is change port because my router (Packetfront) makes it impossible. Seriously i can't even load the game, it just says my connection is lost after a while of loading. I experimented a bit and found out it works if i use wired ethernet network, but sadly i can't use this since the cable doesnt reach (unless i wanna sit on the floor). My boyfriend tried playing lotro too, but he got the exact same problem as me. I am so frustrated i've been away for a year and wanted to play this game again and really looking forward to it and it doesn't even work! Is my wifi connection just #### and nothing i can do to fix this? Or is it anything at all that may help me? Please help!

(Ah and sorry if i'm bringing up an old thread, for some reason i can't make my own new threads..?)
    It does sound like a wifi issue, can you try a different adapter??

As for a wired connection, you can get ethernet cables in all sorts of lengths; I have various 10-25 metre cables running through my house (via the attic); if changing wifi adapter isnt on, you could try a different internet router, or get a longer cable.

TPLink are a cheap and reliable brand that work well with LOTRO. They make Cable, ADSL, Fibre, 3G, 4G, and all in one routers that can handle everything - ADSL, Cable, Fibre and 3/4G.

Welcome to the party, pal.

Old thread...2015. But, sadly the problem(s) lives on in perpetuity.

I've had the dreaded Zone crashes since the maintenance update on Wednesday of last week (June 21st, 2017). I'm bumping this thread because I'm selfish, and misery loves company. So, if you are having the same issues that follow...speak up. And, maybe we can solve this together. I've submitted a ticket (of course) and they are likely cursing my name up in Boston, because I played all 12 of my alts today until they ultimately froze up while crossing zones, entering/exiting instances, using fast travel, or just basically trying to load from the character screen. When they did freeze up, I sent a new email to the assigned technical support representative giving them the name of my character, location of the crash (exactly), time of the crash (exactly) and the server.

Here are the issues:

1. Zone crashes of a sporadic nature. Some zones are crossed without issue. But, eventually the gremlin got me on all of my characters. Crashes in my case are defined as freezing up while fps seems unaffected. The character freezes in place and mobs in the area seem to move unaffected. Eventually, the server times out and I go to the black screen.

2. Launcher is much less responsive (read: slower and less reliable than prior to the most recent maintenance). Pre Req screen stays on too long. Failed to connect to server occurs periodically.

3. Chat shuts down without warning while player is active. Sometimes it will return. Most times it will not. This displays a General Error 0x00000003.

Attempted fixes:

1. You can unfreeze your characters, most of the time, by doing a Power Cycle. Shut down computer and router/modem. Unplug everything. Wait about 30 seconds. Plug in Router/modem and turn it on. Wait for a full connection and then plug in and boot up your computer. Chance are, that after doing this you can enter the game and have access, once again to your characters. Although, the problem persists.

2. Addressing your firewall within the security program you run. I'm told you want to make sure the following three files are excluded from your firewall. TurbineLauncher, TurbineInvoker, and lotroclient.

3. Port Forwarding. I entered two ranges and a single port. These are as follows 9000-9100; 2900-2910 (chat server), and 80. The reason for this is that some (most) routers have their own firewall included. They call it something like "stateful packets" ... Port Forwarding will exclude specific ports from this firewall. On a side note, while I still am zone crashing, my fps has gone up significantly after doing this.

______________________________ _______

I've not really dived into this yet. But, I'm about to if I don't receive timely and substantive responses from technical support. I'm not optimistic due to the fact that these issues seem to be years old. I believe it goes all the way back to the Rohan expansion.

We'll see what the response is to the information I provided today. I'm not inclined to accept "please try re-installing the game" as a solution. Basically, I'm bumping this thread in the event that others are experiencing the same issues that I am. I'm particularly interesting in knowing whether this is an issue that others started having after the June 21 maintenance.

My next personal move will be to contact my ISP and determine whether they have recently changed their policy relative to "traffic shaping." You may or may not be aware of a massive malware attack that occurred (twice actually) about a month ago. I'm sure ISP's took measures immediately following. For all I know, they are causing short little disconnects combined with "port jumps" may cause problems. What do I know...I'm basically computer illiterate. But, I'm motivated.

Please speak up if you are experiencing similar problems as I.
    Cheers,
    Cas
    Last edited by Casmond; Jun 25 2017 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    Welcome to the party, pal.

Old thread...2015. But, sadly the problem(s) lives on in perpetuity.

I've had the dreaded Zone crashes since the maintenance update on Wednesday of last week (June 21st, 2017). I'm bumping this thread because I'm selfish, and misery loves company. So, if you are having the same issues that follow...speak up. And, maybe we can solve this together. I've submitted a ticket (of course) and they are likely cursing my name up in Boston, because I played all 12 of my alts today until they ultimately froze up while crossing zones, entering/exiting instances, using fast travel, or just basically trying to load from the character screen. When they did freeze up, I sent a new email to the assigned technical support representative giving them the name of my character, location of the crash (exactly), time of the crash (exactly) and the server.

Here are the issues:

1. Zone crashes of a sporadic nature. Some zones are crossed without issue. But, eventually the gremlin got me on all of my characters. Crashes in my case are defined as freezing up while fps seems unaffected. The character freezes in place and mobs in the area seem to move unaffected. Eventually, the server times out and I go to the black screen.

2. Launcher is much less responsive (read: slower and less reliable than prior to the most recent maintenance). Pre Req screen stays on too long. Failed to connect to server occurs periodically.

3. Chat shuts down without warning while player is active. Sometimes it will return. Most times it will not. This displays a General Error 0x00000003.

Attempted fixes:

1. You can unfreeze your characters, most of the time, by doing a Power Cycle. Shut down computer and router/modem. Unplug everything. Wait about 30 seconds. Plug in Router/modem and turn it on. Wait for a full connection and then plug in and boot up your computer. Chance are, that after doing this you can enter the game and have access, once again to your characters. Although, the problem persists.

2. Addressing your firewall within the security program you run. I'm told you want to make sure the following three files are excluded from your firewall. TurbineLauncher, TurbineInvoker, and lotroclient.

3. Port Forwarding. I entered two ranges and a single port. These are as follows 9000-9100; 2900-2910 (chat server), and 80. The reason for this is that some (most) routers have their own firewall included. They call it something like "stateful packets" ... Port Forwarding will exclude specific ports from this firewall. On a side note, while I still am zone crashing, my fps has gone up significantly after doing this.

______________________________ _______

I've not really dived into this yet. But, I'm about to if I don't receive timely and substantive responses from technical support. I'm not optimistic due to the fact that these issues seem to be years old. I believe it goes all the way back to the Rohan expansion.

We'll see what the response is to the information I provided today. I'm not inclined to accept "please try re-installing the game" as a solution. Basically, I'm bumping this thread in the event that others are experiencing the same issues that I am. I'm particularly interesting in knowing whether this is an issue that others started having after the June 21 maintenance.

My next personal move will be to contact my ISP and determine whether they have recently changed their policy relative to "traffic shaping." You may or may not be aware of a massive malware attack that occurred (twice actually) about a month ago. I'm sure ISP's took measures immediately following. For all I know, they are causing short little disconnects combined with "port jumps" may cause problems. What do I know...I'm basically computer illiterate. But, I'm motivated.

Please speak up if you are experiencing similar problems as I.
    Cheers,
    Cas
    What firewall you running? Since making the post above, I discovered ZoneAlarm was randomly deciding LOTRO.exe was a new program and blocking its internet access. Since swapping to COMODO, I havent had more than a handful of disconnects.

Happened to me as well when entering locations in The Wastes, my comp froze while other activity around me continued, latency was low/average. Eventually I got a black screen with the error message that I had lost connection to the server.

While first frozen I switched to my desktop to see if anything was creating this issue and everything was normal, no other running software/updates and net connection was solid. I swapped back, waited maybe another minute then thats when I got the black screen/error.

If I remember correctly this also happened back when Ithilien was being tested on Bullroarer ..... coincidence?
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    What firewall you running? Since making the post above, I discovered ZoneAlarm was randomly deciding LOTRO.exe was a new program and blocking its internet access. Since swapping to COMODO, I havent had more than a handful of disconnects.
    Yeah, I saw that Knowledgebase entry about ZoneAlarm. But, I'm not using that. There was another causing issues too. I forget which.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiandrial View Post
    Happened to me as well when entering locations in The Wastes, my comp froze while other activity around me continued, latency was low/average. Eventually I got a black screen with the error message that I had lost connection to the server.

While first frozen I switched to my desktop to see if anything was creating this issue and everything was normal, no other running software/updates and net connection was solid. I swapped back, waited maybe another minute then thats when I got the black screen/error.

If I remember correctly this also happened back when Ithilien was being tested on Bullroarer ..... coincidence?
    Well, that's in the back of my mind too. Anyway, I forgot to mention above...if you do go the Port Forwarding route, you either need to create a Static IP Address or make sure you update your IP address on your router settings every time you reboot or cycle your router. Obviously, it changes.

Something else that needs to be looked into is Microsoft Edge. It "sort of" replaced Explorer on Windows 10 and has had a massive amount of dns errors. Microsoft is being it's usual responsive self, and essentially is ignoring the problem. As a result you'll get the "Hmmmm, we can't find that page" screen. You can bully it through most times with a refresh. But, that isn't going to help you when you need a constant connection in the game.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast