We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Rumors regarding Riddermark Closure?

    ... Well, long story short: I heard some rumors that they were closing the Riddermark down, and... I'm REALLY hoping these rumors are false.

    For one thing, that's where all my progress is: Level; Items; Quests; Housing... Am I going to lose all of that?

    Is this true, or is it just wild talk?

    I apologize if this is in the wrong place: But I'm really hoping this is not true.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakenGuard View Post
    ... Well, long story short: I heard some rumors that they were closing the Riddermark down, and... I'm REALLY hoping these rumors are false.

    For one thing, that's where all my progress is: Level; Items; Quests; Housing... Am I going to lose all of that?

    Is this true, or is it just wild talk?

    I apologize if this is in the wrong place: But I'm really hoping this is not true.
    If that is true, you will be given the option to move your toon(s) to another server. I can't speak to how housing will be addressed, but following the suit of other MMOs you will be given a free transfer elsewhere quests, levels, items in tow.
    Tsaurel/Telae - SVP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,072
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakenGuard View Post
    ... Well, long story short: I heard some rumors that they were closing the Riddermark down, and... I'm REALLY hoping these rumors are false.

    For one thing, that's where all my progress is: Level; Items; Quests; Housing... Am I going to lose all of that?

    Is this true, or is it just wild talk?

    I apologize if this is in the wrong place: But I'm really hoping this is not true.
    Kraken going forward you should probably take everything I say as true and forget about the producers letter and subsequent commentary from Turbine staff.

    Youre probably going to loose everything, including mithril coins on the server, commendations, housing items. You name it. Wild talk? The forums and world chat rarely have wild speculation, most participants are well informed and highly educated in the nuances of critical thinking to make a logical conclusion.

    Clearly, much like yourself.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    108
    Well you just have to wait and see what the producer says on her next post on transfers if the server you are in is being closed. Honestly I don't want to see Riddermark be one of them since it was my home, but most of my friends from there either quit or transferred off to another server. I have logged on a few times to see how active Riddermark is on my alt but man it feels like a ghost town and population is alot lower than I expected.
    - Second Marshall Battalion-1 ( Currently Semi-retired from Lotro )

  5. #5
    There is a producer letter about the future that talks about this, though not in much detail: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...oducers-letter

    There are some additional details in various posts from executive producer Vyvyanne: https://www.lotro.com/forums/search....archid=6737671

    Basically, they are thinking about closing some low-population servers, but have not announced which ones yet, so nobody outside Turbine would know for certain if Riddermark would be on the list.

    If it does get closed, they will be offering character transfers onto other servers, so you will be able to keep your characters, the'll just be on a different server. Thus, you won't be losing levels, gold, items in your inventory or vault, quests or deeds that you have completed...

    Some other things are a little more up in the air because they don't quite belong to "a character", and thus how you transfer them isn't as clear -- what happens to a kinship? what happens to your house (which belongs to your account on that server, and maybe you can't move it to another server because you already have a house on that other server, or someone already owns that address...). They have indicated that they are working on those things, and more information would be announced later.

    So, please take a deep breath, don't panic, and wait for the next official announcement.

  6. #6

    please!! close this dead horse !! lol

    no seriously, the server is empty and a free transfer would be nice

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Slough,UK
    Posts
    1,084
    All currently known facts and relevant info is collated in my thread here : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...nderstand-them

    it is current as of yesterday.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by rafaMEX View Post
    no seriously, the server is empty and a free transfer would be nice
    I totally agree. I just came back from a year and a half hiatus, and the game made me sad it felt so dead. Then I created a toon on landroval and problem solved. It felt like the old LOTRO, complete with people in the starter area every day! There are people in Bree and in the Lonelands. That's as far as I got leveled to. No more sadness! People in the world chat, I loves it!

    Please let me bring my other toons over. Riddermark is really just dead.

  9. #9
    I think a server transfer would be a great idea for Riddermark. I remember the days when the server was still bustling with people and you could easily group with others, no matter the region. It really just broke my heart last year seeing the server almost barren and empty. Even cities like Bree, once filled to the brim with people about their business was now lifeless.

    I can understand the loyalty one has towards their original home server they've played on for years. But its time the game returns to its former glory. Plus it leaves a bad impression on people new to the game when there's not a soul for miles and you only have NPC's to keep you company.

  10. #10
    I'm really tired seeing everyone doing nothing but talking about the server closing...
    And it's no help that a lot of users are being persuaded to leave.

    Instead, why not try and repopulate the server, if people are worried that it's that dead?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakenGuard View Post
    Instead, why not try and repopulate the server, if people are worried that it's that dead?
    I play in Riddermark each day, its the only thing i can do related to server population...

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  12. #12

    If they do, I know where 850 thousand souls wait for you

    I haven't been on Landy long, maybe, a bit, enough we can call it. Beyond the burn out of over and over again running/riding across the map for me to be easily killed by the 23 standing so valiantly waiting ,it is a do over (50 yard line? no? pfft nvm, and over and over. For your buck rank 15 is here, but you gotta kill all of them one by one, just like everywhere else. I don't do KBs they pot or they bleed, now for "how many of you does it take to kill me, and we and see them die, right in front you, I newslay... I do, save your sorrys, I don't get to keep the quarters you put in., I mean mean. Make them run (win, lmao) reset. really really reset ( I tried a few times,; seems I can't get them past that one rock by the tree next to the chicken squat), I take what I can get, over and over and enough, time for a break. I'll be back after a bit to check it out.
    ain't one that plays here now that didn't run, His name was Burglartarget. Next. Onto the next kite fight, cheers )1 OUT OF 100 wLS TO BEAT ME RIGHT. THAT POWER RACE AND RENIG.. pft oops caps). I can and will kill any creep in a toe to toe, anytime they are ready. fact.
    If they transfer Riders free I am bringing my crafing army and my multibox take over villages LazyMasters with me. See your real soon or not. run, charge, pick. Osgialiath better lock us in when we leave the rez... As a killer I tire of the running away. Fk me , it a game, burrow 10 feet out, spiders are here to kill me, and on and on. scattered, divided, leaderless. We tried, and we tired. I AM FRAE!
    Ramdomness brought to you by major back surery, a pint of 83 whiskey, and a handful of, the wishes that I kept when they told me to spit in one hand. I can not make you smile, it is a sign of fear. they all smile at you. Next.
    Was Frae on Riddermark, now Fraed R-13 Warden on Landroval. I wished for this lifetime to last for a lifetime.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsonlyFrae View Post
    I haven't been on Landy long, maybe, a bit, enough we can call it. Beyond the burn out of over and over again running/riding across the map for me to be easily killed by the 23 standing so valiantly waiting ,it is a do over (50 yard line? no? pfft nvm, and over and over. For your buck rank 15 is here, but you gotta kill all of them one by one, just like everywhere else. I don't do KBs they pot or they bleed, now for "how many of you does it take to kill me, and we and see them die, right in front you, I newslay... I do, save your sorrys, I don't get to keep the quarters you put in., I mean mean. Make them run (win, lmao) reset. really really reset ( I tried a few times,; seems I can't get them past that one rock by the tree next to the chicken squat), I take what I can get, over and over and enough, time for a break. I'll be back after a bit to check it out.
    ain't one that plays here now that didn't run, His name was Burglartarget. Next. Onto the next kite fight, cheers )1 OUT OF 100 wLS TO BEAT ME RIGHT. THAT POWER RACE AND RENIG.. pft oops caps). I can and will kill any creep in a toe to toe, anytime they are ready. fact.
    If they transfer Riders free I am bringing my crafing army and my multibox take over villages LazyMasters with me. See your real soon or not. run, charge, pick. Osgialiath better lock us in when we leave the rez... As a killer I tire of the running away. Fk me , it a game, burrow 10 feet out, spiders are here to kill me, and on and on. scattered, divided, leaderless. We tried, and we tired. I AM FRAE!
    Ramdomness brought to you by major back surery, a pint of 83 whiskey, and a handful of, the wishes that I kept when they told me to spit in one hand. I can not make you smile, it is a sign of fear. they all smile at you. Next.
    Finally! Someone is making sense.....couldn't agree more. Riddermark misses you and your wisdom Frae.
    ~Riddermark~ 2010-2015
    ~Landroval~|BigLloyde (GRD)||Borofir (CH)||Backwaush (DEF)||Aurmpit (RVR)|
    ~Arkenstone~|Mrjingles-1 (WRG)||Achselhohle (DEF)|

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsonlyFrae View Post
    I haven't been on Landy long, maybe, a bit, enough we can call it. Beyond the burn out of over and over again running/riding across the map for me to be easily killed by the 23 standing so valiantly waiting ,it is a do over (50 yard line? no? pfft nvm, and over and over. For your buck rank 15 is here, but you gotta kill all of them one by one, just like everywhere else. I don't do KBs they pot or they bleed, now for "how many of you does it take to kill me, and we and see them die, right in front you, I newslay... I do, save your sorrys, I don't get to keep the quarters you put in., I mean mean. Make them run (win, lmao) reset. really really reset ( I tried a few times,; seems I can't get them past that one rock by the tree next to the chicken squat), I take what I can get, over and over and enough, time for a break. I'll be back after a bit to check it out.
    ain't one that plays here now that didn't run, His name was Burglartarget. Next. Onto the next kite fight, cheers )1 OUT OF 100 wLS TO BEAT ME RIGHT. THAT POWER RACE AND RENIG.. pft oops caps). I can and will kill any creep in a toe to toe, anytime they are ready. fact.
    If they transfer Riders free I am bringing my crafing army and my multibox take over villages LazyMasters with me. See your real soon or not. run, charge, pick. Osgialiath better lock us in when we leave the rez... As a killer I tire of the running away. Fk me , it a game, burrow 10 feet out, spiders are here to kill me, and on and on. scattered, divided, leaderless. We tried, and we tired. I AM FRAE!
    Ramdomness brought to you by major back surery, a pint of 83 whiskey, and a handful of, the wishes that I kept when they told me to spit in one hand. I can not make you smile, it is a sign of fear. they all smile at you. Next.
    I love you Frae.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsonlyFrae View Post
    I haven't been on Landy long, maybe, a bit, enough we can call it. Beyond the burn out of over and over again running/riding across the map for me to be easily killed by the 23 standing so valiantly waiting ,it is a do over (50 yard line? no? pfft nvm, and over and over. For your buck rank 15 is here, but you gotta kill all of them one by one, just like everywhere else. I don't do KBs they pot or they bleed, now for "how many of you does it take to kill me, and we and see them die, right in front you, I newslay... I do, save your sorrys, I don't get to keep the quarters you put in., I mean mean. Make them run (win, lmao) reset. really really reset ( I tried a few times,; seems I can't get them past that one rock by the tree next to the chicken squat), I take what I can get, over and over and enough, time for a break. I'll be back after a bit to check it out.
    ain't one that plays here now that didn't run, His name was Burglartarget. Next. Onto the next kite fight, cheers )1 OUT OF 100 wLS TO BEAT ME RIGHT. THAT POWER RACE AND RENIG.. pft oops caps). I can and will kill any creep in a toe to toe, anytime they are ready. fact.
    If they transfer Riders free I am bringing my crafing army and my multibox take over villages LazyMasters with me. See your real soon or not. run, charge, pick. Osgialiath better lock us in when we leave the rez... As a killer I tire of the running away. Fk me , it a game, burrow 10 feet out, spiders are here to kill me, and on and on. scattered, divided, leaderless. We tried, and we tired. I AM FRAE!
    Ramdomness brought to you by major back surery, a pint of 83 whiskey, and a handful of, the wishes that I kept when they told me to spit in one hand. I can not make you smile, it is a sign of fear. they all smile at you. Next.
    Frae, my friend, you surely haven't changed one bit, which is good. I hope you are enjoying that server and keep fighting hard.
    - Second Marshall Battalion-1 ( Currently Semi-retired from Lotro )

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bowling Green, Ohio
    Posts
    4,485
    Landroval....we have not cookies but BROWNIES!



    If it should come to pass that Riddermark sunsets I hope folks will consider making their homes in our own.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload