We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Future of Imladris (Credit to Agla)

*Made this for Agla to post so 'Me' was meant to be him*
    We all know server's are closing and people will have to choose where they want to go.
    Me and a few others hope to re-unite Imladris onto one server to allow former ties and rivalries to re-commence.
    In the case Imladris stays up we will return to Imladris, but in the case Imladris is a server closed we will need to choose a server to move to.
    So this forum post is to
    1) find out how many people will want to transfer back or even will be PvP'n that are currently there.
    2) find out which servers people would suggest to go to if Imladris closes.
    Note. Dont't want to go to current populated servers like Brandywine, Gladden and Landroval due to the fact everyone will be moving there.

Best layout to find out numbers will probaly be to *sign*

Please dont just read, contribute.

Sign Count : 40
    Creep: 14
    Freep: 21
    Not sure : 5
    Note. Most people play both and im making assumptions based on mains. Also many people dont check forums so counting on 'word of mouth' to get more people to /sign.
    Last edited by Parmveer; Mar 08 2015 at 11:01 AM.

/sign

Sign everyone, don't just read :P
    Last edited by balnuir; Jan 21 2015 at 02:15 PM.
    Aglathion of Crickhollow R13 Captain (formerly Imladris/Brandywine/Landroval)

I do rather like the idea of getting everyone who originally played on imladris back together. If the time comes for transferring and imladris isn't an option, then i suggest NOT gladden. I have seen cesspools more inviting then gladden.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    I do rather like the idea of getting everyone who originally played on imladris back together. If the time comes for transferring and imladris isn't an option, then i suggest NOT gladden. I have seen cesspools more inviting then gladden.
    fine with it... just jango and you can stay elsewhere... thats all i want for christmas this year

Gunn doesn't want to post on the forum so /sign in his name.

Since everyone is lazy today, /sign for Hellbeard/Svelbeard.

/sign Thodsteath

Thumbs up

/sign Bobirinio...

just coming back to the game after a year... but will start moors again when my toons are max lvl again... preferably here... but the server is now too quiet...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

/sign pick a server and I'll try and lead freep raids there. Anywhere but Gladden. That place is horrid, lol.

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Professorkeating, r12 War-Leader/ Ryzer, r13 Captain
    Skill and Valour, Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by b4jet9597 View Post
    /sign pick a server and I'll try and lead freep raids there. Anywhere but Gladden. That place is horrid, lol.

I would agree with this, Gladden has the most toxic community in a MMO i've ever seen, lol.

./signed
    Will most likely reinstall if this actually happens

European Servers North American Servers.
    Anduin [DE] Arkenstone
    Belegaer [DE-RP] Brandywine
    Eldar Crickhollow
    Estel [FR-RP] Dwarrowdelf
    Evernight Elendilmir
    Gilrain Firefoot
    Gwaihir Gladden
    Laurelin [UK-RP] Imladris
    Maiar Landroval
    Morthond Meneldor
    Sirannon Nimrodel
    Snowbourn Riddermark
    Vanyar Silverlode
    Withywindle Vilya
    Windfola

There's a server list. I suggest ignoring: Brandywine, Gladden, Landroval, Elendilmir, and Crickhollow if you guys want the tight knit PvP community. Also, NA to EU transfers are not available so just ignore all EU servers.

Apparently Arkenstone has had some good 12v12 lately. We also need to wait to see a list of servers that will close after the grace period.

~Phoenix

./signed Gam

Hello all,

I recently transferred to Gladden server roughly a month ago now. I am a very active player both in PvE and PvP. This thread was brought to my attention due to some of the negative comments made toward Gladden server. I'm not sure if the comments were made in jest or not, but I'd like to offer an alternative perspective.

- Gladden server has a very active presence in the moors, with experienced players filling the ranks on both sides. Several leaders on both freep and creep sides ensure groups and raids are run pretty much every night of the week.

- Relative to the last server I played on, Gladden seems void of most of the behind-the-keyboard drama that detracts from enjoying a vibrant PvP experience. Yes, like on any server there are players that don't really get along with one another, but there are no boyfriend/girlfriend disputes etc. tearing up the moors, or any of that nonsense that has no place in a video game.

- The Creep vs. Freep grudge match tends to stay in the moors, and in game. There are many players who play both sides, several of whom will regularly accommodate flipping which side they're playing on when the odds call for it to even out the teams.

- There is a server-wide vent channel for use by all - creep or freep - who have earned the privilege. It is strictly monitored by several administrators in order to mitigate random foolishness.

- In addition to PvMP, this server also hosts some of the best PvE runs, with T2c 6-mans and raids tackled regularly. Just incase you're looking for a break from PvMP.

All in all, speaking as a new player to this server (having not known anyone here before I arrived), I'm very satisfied with the community here, and the level of play that is run. Those who are looking to transfer to Gladden server will be most welcome, as have been the dozens of other players who have transferred here in recent weeks.

Regards
    Last edited by nailspine; Jan 22 2015 at 03:26 AM.
    Empirius, Hunter
    Empirium, Lore-Master
    Gladden server

Quote Originally Posted by nailspine View Post
    Hello all,

I recently transferred to Gladden server roughly a month ago now. I am a very active player both in PvE and PvP. This thread was brought to my attention due to some of the negative comments made toward Gladden server. I'm not sure if the comments were made in jest or not, but I'd like to offer an alternative perspective.

- Gladden server has a very active presence in the moors, with experienced players filling the ranks on both sides. Several leaders on both freep and creep sides ensure groups and raids are run pretty much every night of the week.

- Relative to the last server I played on, Gladden seems void of most of the behind-the-keyboard drama that detracts from enjoying a vibrant PvP experience. Yes, like on any server there are players that don't really get along with one another, but there are no boyfriend/girlfriend disputes etc. tearing up the moors, or any of that nonsense that has no place in a video game.

- The Creep vs. Freep grudge match tends to stay in the moors, and in game. There are many players who play both sides, several of whom will regularly accommodate flipping which side they're playing on when the odds call for it to even out the teams.

- There is a server-wide vent channel for use by all - creep or freep - who have earned the privilege. It is strictly monitored by several administrators in order to mitigate random foolishness.

- In addition to PvMP, this server also hosts some of the best PvE runs, with T2c 6-mans and raids tackled regularly. Just incase you're looking for a break from PvMP.

All in all, speaking as a new player to this server (having not known anyone here before I arrived), I'm very satisfied with the community here, and the level of play that is run. Those who are looking to transfer to Gladden server will be most welcome, as have been the dozens of other players who have transferred here in recent weeks.

Regards
    With respect I would disagree. And I'll explain why, and pray this doesn't turn into a flame war.

Gladden has more hate and drama than I've seen on any server, in any game. The freeps hate the creeps with a passion and vice versa. Certain freeps and creeps (who I will not name) complain, and whine non-stop the entire time they are online. The 1v1ers lack skill, to put it nicely. But there is nothing wrong with not being skilled at a video game. There is, however something wrong with not being skilled, claiming to be the best, and talking down to people who in all honesty are better than you.

I played on Gladden for two weeks on my reaver. After that two weeks I left and will never return. The flaming and QQ was far too intense for my taste. Maybe you have found a good group that isn't involved in the drama, you're lucky.

My rating on that server as far as the community goes is very very low. Like I said, the worst community I have ever seen in any MMO.

With respect I would disagree. And I'll explain why, and pray this doesn't turn into a flame war.

Gladden has more hate and drama than I've seen on any server, in any game. The freeps hate the creeps with a passion and vice versa. Certain freeps and creeps (who I will not name) complain, and whine non-stop the entire time they are online. The 1v1ers lack skill, to put it nicely. But there is nothing wrong with not being skilled at a video game. There is, however something wrong with not being skilled, claiming to be the best, and talking down to people who in all honesty are better than you.

I played on Gladden for two weeks on my reaver. After that two weeks I left and will never return. The flaming and QQ was far too intense for my taste. Maybe you have found a good group that isn't involved in the drama, you're lucky.

My rating on that server as far as the community goes is very very low. Like I said, the worst community I have ever seen in any MMO.
    Seconded and i would also like to add the very pompous attitudes of the older players that played on the server during what they deem as the "glory days".

Edit: Also unrelated to the pvp, but the world channel is one of the most touchy and quick to overreact that i have ever seen.

So this is going to be a tough choice. As some of you alredy know, Intensity came back from Archeage once we saw the Producers letter as it seems like a step in the right direction. The only problem i got now is that they went back to Vilya as the action and population there is way better than on Imladris. If they really come up with free transfers i might be going to Vilya too. It's kind of a bad situation now as i ofc know most people on Imladris and want to keep doing raids with you or fight you in Pvp.
    I cant say what will happen and i wont say transfer too Vilya, because i know theres quite afew people who dont like me or the Intensitards, but maybe you keep it in mind when you think about a server. Dont know how the players on Gladden who have been in Intensity think about it so we'll see. Id really like to keep playing with all of you.
    Commander Eisenspalter
    Equilibrium/Joke

I'm better than you! I'd faceroll you lmao you pathetic WL! Blablabla..

Seriously. Indeed, Gladden does have one toxic community, worse than any other server i've seen. Of course, you could easily avoid the drama by using the magical ignore button etc, but as much as I do like the action here, I wouldn't recommend Gladden as the server where we would "re-unite".

And what comes to transfering...

[CENTER][COLOR="#008000"]Gladden[/COLOR] - RK - CPT - WDN |[COLOR="#008000"] Imladris[/COLOR] - MNS | [COLOR="#008000"]Brandywine[/COLOR] - HNT - MNS[/CENTER]

Don't really want to move Svaf from Gladden, but i have enough toons left on Imladris. So i can move them if Imla closes.
    /sign
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/YQIv6nD.jpg[/img]

Ofcourse

/sign from me
    Wanna taste my shield??

I am also torn about where I will end up.

On one hand, I'd like to be back with Intensity, because as much as some of you guys dislike us, I had a lot of fun there and I want to PVE too, not just PVP. My main focus on the game was always raiding, and PVP was a secondary love, so I will probably move at least my main to wherever Intensity ends up. So, like Eisen, I would encourage you guys to consider Vilya in case Imladris closes (which I think it will, to be honest).

On the other hand, I miss a lot of people from Imladris and I'd like to play with them again, and I admit it would be fun if we had the server back to what it was during the 75-85 days.

So count me in regardless. I will likely move one of my characters to Imladris and the rest to Vilya(?).

./sign
    And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.

/signed I will bring my rk or my reaver

Freeps- Deok lvl 95 Hunter
    Creeps - Cintona Rank 11 Darkblits Rank 7

Same as Gil and Eisen

I'm of the same mind of those two (Gil and Eisen). I really liked being in Intensity, they were a great group of guys and players. Unless TCB (The Carbon Blade) comes ba- I couldn't even finish that sentence, it's so laughable.

Anyway, if free transfers do happen I'll likely move something like my burg (Bradai (Brady)) to Vilya to test the waters and if it's good then move my warden and whatever other characters I decide are my mains there. I love PvP but I really miss doing raids and other PvE content.

Gladden was good at first, there was great pvp but things have gone sour quite a bit lately, especially with the whole exploiting stuff.

Maybe Imla will be good again, maybe Imla will close (I think it will) and people go to Vilya, maybe they'll go to another server. What I am considering is maybe just moving one or two mains to wherever the Imla people wind up and that way I'll split the time between two servers (if Vilya isn't chosen or if Vilya ends up being a bust and Intensity moves). My warden is definitely going to where Intensity goes though.

Consider me signed and hopefully Turbine is fast with the process so we have a better idea about things!
    GLADDEN
    Achaius - R13 Warden; Ilrohil - R8 Champion; Ritthir - R6 Captain; Bradai - R4 Burglar

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien09 View Post
    I love PvP but I really miss doing raids and other PvE content.
    How I feel exactly but....there are no raids

BBs are actually quite fun now though, if you do them with a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrinoth View Post
    Seconded and i would also like to add the very pompous attitudes of the older players that played on the server during what they deem as the "glory days".

Edit: Also unrelated to the pvp, but the world channel is one of the most touchy and quick to overreact that i have ever seen.
    i agree with you about their attitude there. keep in mind that attitudes on imladris weren't that great either, before everyone decided to leave for "greener" pastures.

there was also a lot of whining on brandy as well, regarding the "good old days", with tons of QQ on how the transfers "hurt" their server.

i have to laugh at matty o'brien's post though. carbon blade. LOL. they started out on a good track, but then their leader turned into a serious wench and a lot of the players there thought they were better than they actually were.

i'll add a /sign to this. i really would like to see the server's population come back up, whether it's returning players or new transfers.
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast