We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    69

    Exclamation Saving silverlode and how you can help!!!!!

    As we all know Slode is Dying.

    We Need to Save it!

    A bunch of Guilds: Protectors of the Blessed Realm, Rising Phoenix, Lords of the Brotherhood, Triumph, Lost Army, Heroes of Valinor, Decedents of the Hildor, Warsong Nation(sorry if I did not contact your guild , I contacted the ones I could get a hold of quickly)
    We are trying to unite the server to bring back old slode which im sure all of us would love to see again.

    The Key to this is PVP, For Example:
    Brandywine
    CrickHollow
    Landroval
    All of them have on thing in common, and that is awesome PVP. Each of their populations, PVE, and crafting are crazy successful for one reason, that is the enormous player base that they have for PVP.
    We (the United Guilds up there^) are trying to revive our dying server.
    In order to do this the we must get more people into the moors, because at the moment only about 3% of the servers population PVPs when easily 50% could be involved.
    So in order for this to happen we are in need of people to get out into the moors. So at the moment many guilds are preparing ,both freepside and creepside, for a new year of Silverlode pvp.

    You may have a reason that you don't pvp.
    Problems:
    I'm free to play. well you can use mithril coins for your freep if you have turbine points to burn or you can make a reaver on creepside for no cost to you.
    I'd rather pve. There really is no end game content, and what are you going to do with all that awesome jewelry and gear that you have now?
    I'm not very good at pvp. As for this everybody was a noob at one pint or another but you have to start somewhere.

    So to the point, on January 3rd and at 4:00 PM Eastern Timewe are intending to have a New Year's Resolution for Silverlode to try to restore its former glory and renew the pvp of our once great server. This Resolution is to have all the guilds and people we can muster come out on there freeps and creeps and engage in conflicts, the size that slode has not seen in years.

    We hope to see as many people as possible out fighting to that last.

    LONG LIVE SILVERLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    P.S. Thanks to the efforts of Rising Phoenix you can now type /joinchannel pvp and become more involved in the server's pvp. This chat channel will be used by pvpers more effectively communicate between guilds and manage matters of pvp. ( this is not a channel for trolling, keep the name calling, rage, and spamming to world chat, myself included, we are trying to rebuild here, we do not want to see all of this go to waste simply because some of us have issues with others.)

    P.S.S. If you would like to get your guild involved or you individually, don't hesitate send me a tell or mail in game. I will be able to receive mail on my main character Arantoth.

    Thanks for reading and We hope to see you out there.
    Adapting R11 Reaver
    Officer of Prime Evil On Brandywine

  2. #2

    Thumbs up

    Whilst I don't engage in PvP ever, I and my band/kinship (Birds of a Feather) support this endeavor.

    Because more PvP players means more crafters crafting, well, crafty things... Some of whom (hopefully most of them) will be doing so in Bree Craft Hall where my band plays - which means more listeners for my musical concerts!

    Which just goes to prove, a healthier PvP playerbase benefits players of all play-styles at the end of the day!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    706

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingleton View Post
    Whilst I don't engage in PvP ever, I and my band/kinship (Birds of a Feather) support this endeavor.

    Because more PvP players means more crafters crafting, well, crafty things... Some of whom (hopefully most of them) will be doing so in Bree Craft Hall where my band plays - which means more listeners for my musical concerts!

    Which just goes to prove, a healthier PvP playerbase benefits players of all play-styles at the end of the day!
    When do you play? I shall come Pighorn the music and make it...more dramalodes liking! because everything sounds better with more horns and cowbell!
    Nope, we did have warleaders but their class role has changed to cheerleader.
    Godhelm of Nimrodel | Winner! Maggotmeat has won the match against Thejuggernaut.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by freaker View Post
    When do you play? I shall come Pighorn the music and make it...more dramalodes liking! because everything sounds better with more horns and cowbell!

    I call shenanigans on this. No way you can play an instrument with your mouth stuffed with food.
    [URL=http://s1033.photobucket.com/user/coreymaikrzek/media/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png.html][IMG]http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a417/coreymaikrzek/rank15sig_zpsqzuffjhy.png[/IMG][/URL]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    808
    I don't PvP either. For four years I played DAOC - considered by many a shining example of how PvP should work - and I spent those years on the only PvE server - Gaheris.

    But this thread motivated me to start new characters on Silverlode - I'm currently on the European roleplaying server and today's producer letter said it was being moved back to Europe. This scares me - its a wonderful server but if they are moving it back because there is too much transatlantic lag I'm not sure I want to play there after we U.S. players get to suffer from that lag. If they are transferring management to some belated replacement for Codemasters I'm not sure its a good place for an American paying U.S. dollars to stay.

    So while I won't contribute to the PvP effort I'll add 10 toonlets to the population (one per class) and start working them up. I've been on the RP server for three weeks and have a level 76 and nine others in the teens. I'd rather write off three weeks now than 7 months next June.

    Hello Silverlode.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    69

    Thumbs up Great!

    This is what we are trying to do.
    Improve the aspects of our server (pve, crafting, chat, etc) through pvp and than you for coming hope u enjoy the server.

    -Arantoth
    Adapting R11 Reaver
    Officer of Prime Evil On Brandywine

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    57
    Pvp is closed circle. When you pay for something 30 dollars for couple months you excpect whenever you free to enter in game and have some pvp and fun, like Leage of Legends you have time for one game you enter and play it.Pvp for other reason i wake up in the morning have time enter in PVP zone and i spend hours searching,than you realize that no one is online so i need to wait till evening to play something that i already paid it ?

    Its not problem the community people go to get what they paid to get, and thats Crick,Landy,Brandy... Someone don't have time to play in the evening and Turbine simply waste his time and money.I think your effort is great and all guilds but solution isn't gathering people in certain time.Its getting server 24/7 active PVP zone and that isn't possible when you have Big battles that you just "run and gun". And when Turbine says population is rising it makes me laugh.Loggin in Brandy day or night you get PVP zone active.

    The answer is merges or multy cross servers,but they dont care about WHAT YOU AND COMMUNITY wants, its capitalism you worth what you can earn for me and thats period.

    Great job i will look up for fight in Moors when i can and try to get things a little bit going.

    Systemyc of Triumph.
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/15oyyo1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England, London.
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Systemyc View Post
    Pvp is closed circle. When you pay for something 30 dollars for couple months you excpect whenever you free to enter in game and have some pvp and fun, like Leage of Legends you have time for one game you enter and play it.Pvp for other reason i wake up in the morning have time enter in PVP zone and i spend hours searching,than you realize that no one is online so i need to wait till evening to play something that i already paid it ?

    Its not problem the community people go to get what they paid to get, and thats Crick,Landy,Brandy... Someone don't have time to play in the evening and Turbine simply waste his time and money.I think your effort is great and all guilds but solution isn't gathering people in certain time.Its getting server 24/7 active PVP zone and that isn't possible when you have Big battles that you just "run and gun". And when Turbine says population is rising it makes me laugh.Loggin in Brandy day or night you get PVP zone active.

    The answer is merges or multy cross servers,but they dont care about WHAT YOU AND COMMUNITY wants, its capitalism you worth what you can earn for me and thats period.

    Great job i will look up for fight in Moors when i can and try to get things a little bit going.

    Systemyc of Triumph.
    They are merging servers... some of the new stuff they have spoken about seems quite promising imo.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Parmveer View Post
    They are merging servers... some of the new stuff they have spoken about seems quite promising imo.
    That's why i stayed
    [IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/15oyyo1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #10
    I xfered of slode at like lvl 85 to a more populated server and now we are in worse shape then slode the only way turbine is going to fix this is when they fix the servers and I hope they do it right. you all have fun miss talking to some of you guys.

  11. #11
    One thing about SLode is that because of the age of the server turbine should be careful about judging anything on numbers for the server. It has so many that were here at the beginning of the game given a new expansion with areas that people have looked forward to since the game started people come back. The number that turned out when Sapience did the hobbit run was HUGE. It is one of those 'ya just never know' servers for how things will go, though often you can predict if it is something people look forward to there may end up a ton of people there (though they will not talk on world channel on SLode for the most part).

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload