We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by story21 View Post
    This sounds like an interesting idea to put it mildly. RL plays havoc with my time in Middle Earth but I'd like to join this adventure. My dwarf Theylin is willing to give it a try but one thing I have to ask is does experience make a difference. I've never grouped before and I wouldn't want to spoil it for others by doing something to get us all killed, again and again...
    I am going to suggest, here as elsewhere, that if there us ANYTHING you are anxious about, consider the option of building it into your character.

If you have never grouped, then create a character who has never had any reason to engage in group battles.

"<character name> grew up on the farm and, while his brothers were forced to serve in the King's Guard, <character name>'s father died he needed to stay on the farm."

Or, "<character name> has always hunted alone."

And, when you meet people and the subject comes up, put it in-character.

"I've never had any reason to learn these special maneuvers. What . . . How am I supposed to know what to do?"

In-character, the Captain says, "Grab a sword. You need some training."

Out-of-character: Use fellowship chat to explain things while in-character roleplaying the practice session.

And if you do something "wrong" . . . write it into the story. "I . . . um . . . Just kinda pointed my bow in the direction of them wargs to see if they were keeping their distance and I . . . . sorta . . . slipped. . . . . Sorry."

Such things CAN be a source of humor, if people choose.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria

Just leaving a note to say that I got carried away playing Emmarie last night... and she's currently almost 15. >.> So I'll just finish up getting to 15 and then use the turtle stone. I got a Beorning I can play, or I can grind skirmish marks on Rosewillow (her name used to be Mayapple btw) while you guys catch up.
    :: Rosewillow Noakes - Bilbo Baggins Fangirl - Landroval ::
    :: Rosequartz Tunnelly - Aspiring Talespinner - Landroval ::

Thursday evenings sounds fine to me!
    Raffin Larch - Burglar
    Gwyllan Croft - Champion

Hello,

I would like to try this, sounds like fun. I have created a human guardian, level 6, sitting in Combe inn presently. Name is Ethelaryn. I am not very experienced at RP or grouping (in LOTRO), so am a bit nervous about that. Ethel is from Rohan. Not being as familiar to the lore as I would like, I would welcome any constructive criticism of her story. Here is a bit of what I have dreamed up for her, please let me know if this doesn't fit in the lore. Is it at all likely that horsemen from Rohan would travel to Breeland to sell horses?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethelaryn's Journal, day 1.

Today my life was torn apart, again. Not that my life was all that great, but still, the burning of Archet and death of my elderly employers, was indeed tragic and devastating to me. I start this journal completely alone in the world now, so I hope by taking the time to record my feelings and experiences here I will feel less lonely.

Life has been difficult since Mother was killed on the long journey from Rohan last year. Even a year later I cannot write about that event and will not, even here in my most private journal. My heartsick Father vowed revenge on the bandits so as soon as he had found a safe place for me to stay he left to deliver the sale horses as promised to Hengstacer Farm (wherever that is). He said he would pay for Ebony and Walnut to be stabled there until his return. I have not heard from him at all since he left. Again, I cannot write much about this, if I begin to dwell on events in the past I know I will never be able to find the strength to do what I must.

I have gathered together some scraps of old rusted chain armor, from the rubble of Archet. A good shield and sword were given to me in return for my help in ridding Archet of the bandits that so cruelly killed and burned the lovely
    little town, but in truth I was not much help at all.

I have of course played at warrioring as all Rohan children do, and hunting from horseback is a natural and fun and sometimes dangerous part of our growing up. But I have never imagined that it would be necessary for me to actually kill people to protect others and myself as I did today. Oh how I wished to have Ebony there to ride into battle and slay the evil doers from afar! To be in the thick of battle with blood and pain surrounding me and my fellows was...I cannot express how sick it made me feel. And yet, once the battle was joined I was suprised at how effective I could be with my sword and how well the shield protected me when I remembered to use it.

I must get some sleep now, for tomorrow I leave on my journey to find my father and recover our horses. Hopefully they are all well, but I fear the worst for my Father. It is most unlike him to not write or send word. I had hoped that he would send word on my 15th birthday, but alas, nothing.

I expect the journey to be long and arduous. In fact I have no real idea of where to search or the location of Hengstacer Farm. I will begin by walking to Combe as I have done all I can to help here for now. My last task was to help with burying the dead. So many good, innocent people dead, and makes me angry to think of it!

I have very little silver and no prospects for more. I fear my only skills of cooking and farming are not likely to be much help as I travel. But I am determined and have nothing to loose. I will hopefully overcome my shyness and and sadness enough to be able to converse with others as I travel and ask questions. How else will I find what I seek? And perhaps I will make some friends along the way, although I am by nature not inclined to speak much, I suppose anything is possible? Did I not learn to use a sword and shield today? Yes, I now believe anything is possible after all. I will hold onto that thought as I fall asleep tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit about me: I am a founding member but not lifer of LOTRO. Transferred to Landroval when my server pretty much died. Been playing off and on for years, mostly solo, have never done any instances other than Great Barrows and Garth Agarwen. But, I would like to do them all. I like to be challenged and would love to see the instances as they were meant to be seen, at level and at the right time in the story and with a friendly group. I have all the expansions but have never had a character at max level. I have many alts on Landroval, so many in fact that I can't name just one as my main. I tend to get bored with one class and either quit playing for awhile or just switch to another. These alts range from level 20 to 85. I have played many other mmo's but I always come back to LOTRO. Looking forward to our adventures together in middle earth.

I'm just returning to Lotro after about a year absence, and I remember fondly reading a lot on the first club eclair and I also spent one REALLY long night with the club and thought it was immensely fun! Other things kept me from playing at all over the last year. So imagine my joy when I downloaded Lotro again and came across this thread! I'm most likely going to create an Elven Rune-Keeper to run for the new Club-Eclair. I enjoy the journey as opposed to racing to the end so something like this should definitely be fun to do.

I'll probably be able to get online a couple nights per week at least so I should be able to stay fairly active. Looking forward to meeting all of you in game!

Brunafo's 2nd Attempt at Leaving

I'm sure you're not surprised at all Brother, maybe even a little amused.

When I arrived back home, winded and smelling like dirt, you couldn't help but chuckle. You greeted me as if I was supposed to return home so soon! Sure, I discovered the world is a bit much for a fellow like myself. Sure, my pride is wounded and my dreams delayed. This time will be different. I will find like-minded folk excited to see the world, others not content rolling around in lettuce patches picking the right green. I will see mountains soon enough brother!

It's as though I can hear you laughing while you read this.

This is it, I will be leaving now. I won't be back for some time.

You will see, I'll show you and Mrs Bunce! The world will know about Brunafo Burrows' magnificent paintings!

More confidently,
    Brunafo

P.S. I saw Mr. Grunbo, he is not happy about his painting, I told him I will get right on it (I won't)
    PPS I took my painting of home with me this time to remind me of where not-to-go-back-so-soon

At yer service
    [i]Brunalin - Dwarf Guardian, Brunafo - Hobbit Warden[/i]

I figure the best way to really dig into this character is to do like others and start a collection of journal entries/letters to back home for my new character, Krishrond. A little about Krishrond - he's an elven Rune-Keeper who has spent most of his life digging into books and just learning. He decided to leave his home and the books to go out and actually see the world and the inhabitants as opposed to just reading them. Krishrond really never had to battle before, but learned the basics of combat while training as a Rune Keeper. Krishrond is currently level 6 and is residing in Celondim, just learning about what it takes to survive on his own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krishrond's Journal of Adventures

Day One: Arrival
    Today... Where does one even begin when it comes to describing their first day of adventure out into the lands that one has only ever read about? Arrival in Celondim was refreshing. Everything felt large, and new, and I took my time slowly walking through the town and taking everything in for the first time. While it felt great to finally be in Celondim, I honestly didn't quite know what to do. I approached a few locals and began to inquire as to what there was to do in the area when one, the name escapes me at this time due to mental exhaustion, mentioned I should consider learning a new trade. I thought this would be a fantastic idea! I've spent so much time lost in books and studies, so I knew I wanted to find something that was a little more hands on. After speaking with a couple of other pleasant towns-folk, I settled on learning how to be a "Tinkerer." Tinkerer is the term they give for one who aspires to make jewelry, cook, and mine ore. None of these skills are familiar to me, but I'm eager to learn and get my hands dirty!

However, before the local craftsmen would teach me the basics, I was required to help with some tasks around Celondim. This lead me to begin my trek towards Nen Hilith. Wow... This, I was not ready for. I had learned the basics of combat, but actually being in combat with foul creatures was a whole different story. The first thing I encountered were these giant flies. These giant flies were everywhereI outside of town! After slaying a few of the creatures I found myself needing to take a breather, making my trek to Nen Hilith much longer than anticipated. Finally though, I had arrived in Nen Hilith!

Once here, I discovered a small Elven camp, and the four in the camp seemed to be a little distraught and very exhausted. I inquired as to the trouble and it seems another has gone missing, and that the area has been overrun by wolves. While not exactly full of energy myself, I decided to offer them my assistance. The tasks weren't anything spectacularly hard, but they weren't kidding about the place being overrun by wolves - I slayed at least a dozen of them. I also retrieved the pack of the missing elf, as well as collected good lumber to be used as fire wood.

By the time I returned to the camp, I could barely stand. The elves of the camp were nice enough to offer me a place to rest while I recovered from my fatigue. I did not hesitate in taking up this offer. It has been a long tiring day, and I am glad to have a place to rest for the night. My plan for tomorrow is to return to Celondim and talk to the craftsmen again. Learning from these individuals should help make the rest of my travels a bit easier on myself.

That is all for today - now, I rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't really mean to get to level 6 in the first day - but I forgot that I needed to be level 5 to do the quests associated with the vocations, so I figured I might as well get to the cap and stay there. I'm going to try and post a journal entry after every day of playing for the time being, even if I only play for an hour, since establishing who my character is will be easier by writing even the most mundane tasks out in his voice. Anyway, I can't wait to see others in the game at some point! I'm going to try and get into the Shire sometime in the next week - I need to find a good inn/pub!

Hi,
    I'm a new player and I'm interested in this. I would consider myself a novice at RP'ing (I havn't really gone any further than drinking and singing with dwarves in the pony, lol) but I would love the chance to experience this game in an immersive way.
    - Have you started and if not, when do you plan to?
    - Is there room for a novice like myself?
    - Will I need to write bios etc, or progress them through the game?

Thank you, Name Undecided

Quote Originally Posted by louchy View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a new player and I'm interested in this. I would consider myself a novice at RP'ing (I havn't really gone any further than drinking and singing with dwarves in the pony, lol) but I would love the chance to experience this game in an immersive way.
    - Have you started and if not, when do you plan to?
    - Is there room for a novice like myself?
    - Will I need to write bios etc, or progress them through the game?

Thank you, Name Undecided
    I think the Second Servings is starting about now. Advancement will likely be slow, so no need to worry if you are a bit late - you will be able to catch up.
    There is certainly room for novices.
    No need to write a bio/background or anything like that unless you want to. As long as you yourself have some idea of the background/personality of your character that is quite enough.

The current level cap for Second Servings is still 6 as participants create their characters and live in the world for a bit as regular folk . . .

As you can tell by the notes here, people are using this time to give their characters a bit of a history and a personality - living in the Shire, or starting a mission out of Esteldin, or going prospecting, or touring the lands.

And players are starting to introduce themselves to each other through roleplay - in a tavern or on a trail.

So, there's still time to create a character and live in the world for a bit . . . lots that a 6th level character can do alone or in the company of others.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria

Welcome to all the new folks who are coming in to Seconds. I hope everyone enjoys it.

I will be about this eve (Thursday) with Anisata. I hope to have her in the Archet/Combe area, picking up RP wise since the fires of Archet burned. If some of my errands today run long, I may instead be RPing traveling back to Archet after having visited my family to let them know I'm fine, since the hobbits get sent to MD after pre, and right now she's about half way through the Shire, heading east.

Are the Saturday folks going to be meeting again this week? There's been some channel inquiry about it, but not when ya'll seem around.

I'll also be trying a servertime weekday afternoon slot to help folks that might work for as well. I need to go back and check my notes before I say which day or days that might be.
    ---
    Sephyre, as long as you stay at 6 until the group decides to raise the cap, you're still within the cap--so no worries. Even if someone accidentally got to 7, all we ask is they don't equip things they might not otherwise be able to had they still been 6 (including tree points).

louchy, as others have said, you do not have to post anything here, so don't fret about that. Some folks are writing bits and pieces as a way of introducing their folks, some will be sharing continuous entries over time, and others might only share when they've time/desire--whatever works for them. Feel free to join the club eclaire channel if you haven't already and ask questions you might have there as well. We mostly speak IC in it, but you'll see some ((OOC)) as well. If you ever wonder what the Second Servings current level cap is, just go to this thread and look at my forum signature. I'll be keeping that updated over time.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 45 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.

Prologue - Encounter at the Southfarthing Gate

Frothro raised his hand to guard his eyes from the beating sun. Down the road grew a large hedge with a round port, sizable enough for a door, right where the stone-covered road met the great wall of leaves. "The Southfarthing Gate, at last!" spoke the hobbit to himself before breaking off in a sprint towards the Westfarthing.

Upon passing through the gate, the halfling fell backwards exhaustively on the green hillside and began to rummage through his pack. He emerged with a wine-skin, a lightly bruised red apple, and a rather large wedge of cheese. He took a swig from his wine-skin as he began to slice up the apple and cheese. He was making good time, he thought. He used to travel to Bywater with his family upon making deliveries of pipe-weed from the family farm in Longbottom to some merchants in the region of Hobbiton. Perhaps when he finished his delivery to the Mathom Society he would make another visit to the Water to visit with Prenna, it had been too long.

A coarse sound broke Frothro from the past; a rough-faced dwarf stood in front of him. A half-concealed scowl laid across his face, surrounded by a thick grayish-white beard and hair stuffed inside of a blue cap. The dwarf unrolled a piece of parchment in his hand and studied its contents before returning his attention to the anxious, yet curious, hobbit before him. "You are the halfling known as Frothro Fernbrand?" he asked as he stroked his beard.

Frothro pushed himself to his feet and nodded in response to the imposing dwarf standing before him. "Yes, I would be, master dwarf," he spoke nervously.

The dwarf tucked the notice inside his jacket. "You are far from Longbottom, little master," said the dwarf with a grim tone to his voice. "I'll be taking the artifact, if you will."

The hobbit protectively grasped the bundled up bow lying at his feet next to his pack. "This here belongs to me and my kin, you will have none of it!" spoke Frothro as boldly as he dared, but the dwarf only took another step closer, with the scowl on his face transforming into a wicked looking grin.

He would have to leave his pack behind, that much he knew. He had enough silver in his coin purse to buy anything he might need in Waymeet or Michel Delving, as long as he could get away with the bow, that's what mattered. But first he had to get past the dwarf.

The dwarf dove at the halfling, but Frothro managed to slip past his fingers and ran due west of the road. He kept running, only paying attention to clinging to the bow and putting one foot in front of the other. Before too long he broke through a bush and was in the midst of a small copse of trees. Not five seconds later the dwarf burst through the bushes, colliding with Frothro and sending the pair of them tumbling down a hill towards a small stream.

The pair struggled to get their bearings back, but the youthful hobbit had an advantage, he was well versed in falling and getting back up again. By the time the dwarf had regained his footing, he found Frothro cradling a small stone in his hand. "Now lit-" started the dwarf, but his speech was interrupted by stone swiftly hitting him in the cheek.

"We will get you, Shire-rat!" Frothro heard the dwarf bellow as he vanished into the surrounding woodlands. As he hurried on his way towards Waymeet, he worried about the dwarf's threat, but not as much as the notion that he wasn't acting alone.

OOC:
    Hi everyone, long time admirer of the original Club Eclair here, looking forward to be involved in Second Servings.

I currently plan on just my hobbit Frothro being a part of SS, but as I get ideas other characters might join in down the line. I'm also working on what I think of as his own "epic quest line" but am trying to not make it be too epic for a hobbit.

Like a few others here, I've been playing LotRO for years but have barely gotten a character over level 30. I got into RP around ten years ago while playing SWG, which ended some time ago so I might be a bit rusty.

Frothro is currently on an errand to Michel Delving from Longbottom in the Southfarthing, and after his business is concluded I foresee him using Waymeet as a base of operations to further explore the rest of the Westfarthing. But we'll see where the roleplay leads.

Tonight seemed to go well. Had I time to have Cinders ready, I would have swapped to her to join folks at the Burd. I'll try to get her ready soon.

By my current count, we have around 16 ESS characters I've managed to note so far. Two or so are above current cap to whatever degree, so we'll met them when we do. That is wonderful and amazing! Thankies t' everyone who is joining.

So far, possible meets ups I've seen discussed are as follows (all times servertime/ET):
    Sunday afternoon (no exact start time set yet--this may turn into a weekly repeating meetup)
    Thursday evening: 8/9pm start window for most folks (this would be a weekly repeating meetup)
    Friday eve (January 30th specifically, not the 23rd--I did not recall seeing a start time during the discussion, and I'm also not sure if it'll be a one time or repeating)

I would also like to try a weekday afternoon (also servertime) weekly slot, 3-6pm, and it's looking like Monday or Wednesday is best for etr. Anyone else who can and would like to meet during that time, please let me know what day(s) works for ya as well.

Once we find some repeating meetups that seem to work well, I'll post them at the top of the OP in this thread so folks can check it easily. I'll also use that spot to mention any upcoming one time events, which will be removed after the date passes. Also, if you ever forget what our current or soon to be trainings cap will be, I am keeping track in my forum signature, so you can look in the OP, and scroll down to my sig at the bottom of it.

If anyone else has a specific time they'd really like to make a meetup--whether a one time or repeating, please let me know. For a one-time, I'll just post it in the OP. For a repeating, we'll see if enough folks can make that before posting.

As a reminder, you can always play your folk when ya like. Meetups are made available so folks will know when might be best for group content or things like a picnic or crafting swap.

I invite folks to stop by the Fishin' Seekers event in Little Delving on Friday the 23rd--starts at 9pm (probably today when most folks see this). It is an RP social--all are welcome. There will be music by the Warders at Home Base, fishing, and Hiders n' Seekers going on. (And eatin' and cookin' and the usual, I suspect as well.) Bounder Molee will be leading up Hiders n' Seekers. This is possibly a good event for folks who are still sussing out their character. (Not so much if you hate fish, or are painfully shy.)

Thursday the 29th, at 8:30p, Anisata will be outside the Comb and Wattle Inn in Comb, looking for others in search of Amdir. (Poor Amdir!) If anyone else has a group content they would like to work on, please post when you'd like to do so.

Lastly, I am finally getting my notes together about what the next cap raise should probably be, and at what time. I will report back on that some time next week. Once we agree on it, we'll pick a date for the cap raise based on how folks are coming along, and how much more time they think they might need to do what they want to do before then.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Jan 23 2015 at 04:31 AM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    Tonight seemed to go well. Had I time to have Cinders ready, I would have swapped to her to join folks at the Burd. I'll try to get her ready soon.

By my current count, we have around 16 ESS characters I've managed to note so far. Two or so are above current cap to whatever degree, so we'll met them when we do. That is wonderful and amazing! Thankies t' everyone who is joining.

So far, possible meets ups I've seen discussed are as follows (all times servertime/ET):
    Sunday afternoon (no exact start time set yet--this may turn into a weekly repeating meetup)
    Thursday evening: 8/9pm start window for most folks (this would be a weekly repeating meetup)
    Friday eve (January 30th specifically, not the 23rd--I did not recall seeing a start time during the discussion, and I'm also not sure if it'll be a one time or repeating)

I would also like to try a weekday afternoon (also servertime) weekly slot, 3-6pm. etr, please let me know which day(s) is(are) usually free for ya, please. Anyone else who can and would like to meet during that time, please let me know what day(s) works for ya as well.
    I can be available any weekday during that time, but Monday or Wednesday would probably work best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    I can be available any weekday during that time, but Monday or Wednesday would probably work best for me.
    Noted. Thankies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post

I would also like to try a weekday afternoon (also servertime) weekly slot, 3-6pm, and it's looking like Monday or Wednesday is best for etr. Anyone else who can and would like to meet during that time, please let me know what day(s) works for ya as well.
    Wednesday would work best for me during the week. Saturday or Sunday at both hit and miss but I can be there at least for one day.

I'd like to take a moment and thank those that I have meet in Club Eclair. My RK Dwarf Theylin has been treated kindly by all. Even with something as simple as how to properly communicate in character or out of character all have helped. And even though I haven't asked for any help two members have sent me tools and crafting material and I appreciate it. I'm most likely going to miss the beginning of this adventure because of RL (gone from Jan 24-31) but I will join in later.

As for Theylin he's a born skeptic with a sharp sense of humor. But I'm working on filing down his edges so that he doesn't rub anyone the wrong way... 8^D
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach

I hope folks who made it to Fish n' Seekers had fun!

Gladnagl, thankies very much for taking the time to help Cin this eve. You gave her a great bit to think upon, and a good scare of feathers as well. *chuckles* "Beware of hobbits bearing feathered hats," she was heard mumbling in her sleep.

And to everyone I got to RP with and meet overall tonight, I had a grand time meeting you all!

Cabochon's Letters Home to The Shire

Dear Mommy (and Daddy),

Did I not say that my fourth letter would be more cheery? Well, lately there have been no assassins, elves, bearladies, or any such doings well outside the Bounds. I only stepped a tiny toe outside the Bounds, and that was just to show a couple of sensible hobbits that the world doesn't turn into a big gray fog when you exit The Shire.

Mommy, it does not take a teacher like you, talking about far away places and events, to give a sensible hobbit wanderlust. We all know it happens, no matter how good the upbringing of such hobbits. That being said, it usually passes, and without even cause to miss supper. The other day I bumped into three young hobbits who were at risk of missing supper AND dinner, just because they thought there might be something "out there somewhere". As you know one of a Bounder's duties is to escort wayward hobbits there and back again, if you can catch them in time.

Of the three, the most noteworthy was Brunafo, a painter of gardens of some reknown. Except that he is bored of gardens, though patrons love what he does on canvas for their vegetable patches. So do not bother looking him up to paint Daddy's farms, the lad is not interested, not even in our award winning squashes. He needed something new to paint, where it was safe, and I knew just the spot. I led him to the western gate, just past Needlehole near where those suspicious dwarves live (not Ulfar of course, he is one of the good ones), over the dwarf-made bridges and through the gate. We did cut through Sandson's farm, and I promised them nothing more dangerous than a shrew or a wild boar. Two dead bog slugs later, they got their view of "out there".

The group was amazed at the beauty of the dwarven bridge architecture, but what really took their breath away was the elven landscape. It was only a hop-skip from the gate (and I measured it to be sure, did not require even an additional jump). Brunafo was excited to capture it on canvas once daybreak returned. Seeing as how it was past supper, I got them quartered with Ulfar's folk and made sure Ulfar would provide all the hospitality possible. Silver coin has an amazing influence on dwarves, you know.

A few days later, I met a young hobbit lass named Cinnamia (from Little Delving, I believe). Good girl, though a bit timid. She seemed to be getting in a little deep running errands around for Bounders. I explained to her how they get you hooked like a dace on a line, just getting you to nibble on a chore here and an errand there. Before you know it, papers are signed and you are carrying a club to poke more than shrews (goblins even). She did not even know about how their hats worked, taking a single-feather hat thinking how useful it might be. If Cabochon was not there to tell her the dangers of a two-feather hat and the Honorary Shirriff title that goes with it, she might have been press-ganged into Bounder service, no matter how gently! Common sense took over and she finished her own chores without getting more chummy with Bounders (well maybe with me, except I was not trying to recruit her). She will probably make a fine Bounder some day when she gains a little more courage.

That is all for now. Please reply iffn you know somebody who knows somebody who has really caught catfish near Little Delving. I can only find dace, and now believe catching catfish there is just a big fish tale. You do not want me to go travelling all the way to Thorin's Hall for a proper fishing hole, now do you?

You grown up little fisherhobbit,
    Cabochon
    Landroval EN-RP -- Club Eclaire: Galdhron-Elf LM, Twostep-Human Burg, Medloth Bearlady-Beorning || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

I will try to be on this Wednesday (28th) at 3pm servertime. With the weather we're experiencing, I can't guarantee that I will be there if services go out.

If other folks are there, and I am not, please do not wait for me and have fun!

So I'm a bit confused. Will someone be on Friday (jan 30) that we can meet with and ask questions? Will we begin that day? And is it possible to play without the turtle xp disabler? Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Imrar View Post
    So I'm a bit confused. Will someone be on Friday (jan 30) that we can meet with and ask questions? Will we begin that day? And is it possible to play without the turtle xp disabler? Many thanks.
    I don't know about Friday, but if you have questions you can always ask them here, in this thread.

Several people have already started on their own, and there is nothing preventing you from doing the same if you want to.

One of the rules for Club Eclair (both the original and Second Servings) is to respect the level cap (going one past the level cap is tolerated, but one should try to avoid it). Not going past level cap (currently level 6) is quite hard without the XP disabler - you will in practice not be able to do much of anything which gives XP.

The XP Disabler normally costs 100 Turbine Points. (It is sometimes on sale for 50)

It is nearly essential at the lower levels where killing a mere handful of creatures, or completing just two quests, or a minimal amount of crafting, gains a level.

On the bright side the Disabler allows a player to complete all deeds for a region at level, and collect all the turbine points. There are Eclair members who have collected all Turbine Points available for Erid Luin, the Shire, Bree-land, Lone Lands, North Downs, and Evendim, and have only a couple of deeds left in the Trollshaws. It adds up to significantly more than 100.

It is possible to create a character, grind the 100 TO, then delete the character and rebuild it - using the 100 TP for the Disabler.
    Last edited by Tiempko; Jan 27 2015 at 06:01 PM.

As others have said, if you have questions, feel free to ask them here or in the chat channel, or while engaged with other Second Servings folks in world.

One thing with both Eclairs is that aside from one or two usual meet up times per week, most else is catch as catch can or folks find a patrol partner/group or what have you over time. The only rules are respecting the cap and engaging in walk and talk RP adventures. Beyond that, it can be as structured as you want it to be, or it can be as wild and free as you want it to be.

Some folks will be about on Friday as far as the chat channel reaches. There were some folks who were looking to meet this Friday eve, but I haven't heard recent chatter as to if that's still planned or not. One downside to the chat channel is if you are not on when a discussion happens, you don't always find out about it later. That's why we have the forum post for things we want to make sure folks are aware of or just because we want to share it.

We do not have an "everyone must be there" first meeting, because we have folks in ESS from all over the world. Éclair meets in general, are fairly fluid. Party members can change from week to week depending on what folks have going on in the outside world.

As others have said, at this point in time as to rest XP, xp boosts from the Moors, XP from crafting, et al, it is darn near impossible to be in Éclair and not use the Stone. The higher one gets, the easier it can be, but at level 6? Nope. No questing, fellowing (in case someone else tags something), and no crafting. If you need assistance getting the stone, ask in the chat channel for Ani.

*heads out to Middle-Earth for the Wednesday afternoon folks*

Soft wrinkles form as eyelids are closed tight to recall an image. The rest of the face around those eyes is calm and appears thoughtful. Thick fingers brush through the long whiskers below those eyes as they open and turn down towards a reference found on a leather covered lap. The subjects, save the Bounder by the Gate, have long since moved on, so for them, only memory can be relied upon.

After a few nods, as if approving the last touches to the image, it is then tucked away from sight. Then with a soft "Oof," the dwarf slides off a rock, and walks towards the same path seen in the drawing, before turning towards the Needlehole Gate and heading up the path to report to Ulfar.

Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Feb 11 2018 at 02:56 PM.

If you would like to schedule something, please let me know. I can't spread the word if I don' t know about it.

I have added two ongoing meet up times to my OP, and would like to add one for the weekend.

I do not know if Sunday morning (10am start) works better than the afternoon did, or if folks would prefer a Sunday evening. Please say which is best, or if weekends are bad in general, tell me that too. I'll drop the matter if folks say weekends just won't work for them.

In the next few weeks, I will start asking in the channel about who still needs/wants what in the starter areas, and planning for when we'll raise the cap and move forward.

Please let me know about the aboves.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast