We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19
    Summer is here in full force and that means vacations and other distractions to our adventures in Middle Earth.

When anyone is unable to attend on Friday we put a hold on the epic quest line and just do side quests skirmishes and deeds.

This way no one falls too far behind.

Because of this arrangement we are still on Vol. 1 Book 6 and are about to start our march to look for survivors from Golodir’s band.

I expect this part of the story won’t be completed until late August.

(Well we are a slow leveling group)
    The way to a woman's heart is through her stomach

We are still in the early stages of Angmar, and Cornalyn and Ruebarb have returned!

Since Theylin was away this past week, we started catching them up on what they missed earlier.

We are still holding on the Epic though, at Ch 6 Book 7 Fires in the North I believe.

Level has been raised to 43. Yea!

We've just found the dwarf-outpost of Gabilshathûr where we also found the ranger Braigiar who sent us off to find Gath Forthnir, wherever that is.

With the raising of the level cap we have access to many of the quests in this part of Angmar!

Question is where is Gath Forthnir? Other than the vague direction that is lies somewhere north of Gabilshathûr in Malenhad we are forced to make our way without any clear directions. How will we get there and how long will it take is anyone's guess...

For some reason I think it's going to be a long journey before we reach our destination.

We may need another thread dedicated to the latest progression from level 10-max to then explore the end-game content.

Any proposed or known schedule of where and what level to be going into a particular week's meeting, such as "23 +/-2 @ Great Barrow" would be good to share with everyone interested.

The likelihood is that we would be different levels hitting different instances each meeting, since we are not trying to dwell in any one era for long but would like to visit all the main points along the way to end game. The leveling is more normal rate for the current game, which means it is easy to gain a few each week. So even though we may not need a tortoise, I am still using one just to ensure I stay at any particular level while we are doing specific content.

At a minimum, we need to know what our level and area/instance goal is for the next meeting (and when that next meeting is), so we can be ready for it whether doing it solo or with each other in between sessions.

So ... does someone want to start a new thread where the initial post contains a calendar that gets updated when we know what we want to add to it? What I heard so far is:

Members
    - Andrenil, 20 Guardian (from Galvon - she may miss the first meeting so I wanted her ready for GB area)
    - Blatterwald, 10 LM (from Cornalyn)
    - Halstane, 10 Captain (from Theylin)
    - Jitter, 10 Minstrel (from Ruebarb)

Proposals
    - Level 10 @ Prancing Pony
    - Level 23 +/-2 @ Great Barrows

- TBD Fornost
    - TBD Garth Agarwen
    - TBD Anuminas
    - TBD Urugath
    - TBD Carn Dum
    - TBD Moria (likely move through it as a whole fairly quickly to get to Lothlorien side)
    - TBD Lothlorien and beyond ...

Questions
    - do Epic story chunks either on our own between sessions, or together as part of a session?
    - skip raid content in general (Bogbereth, Barad Gularan battles, Helegrod, Rift, Watcher, Dark Delving, etc)?
    Last edited by Debris; Oct 08 2018 at 02:00 AM.

I would suggest:

- add a perpetually-updated scheduling post on a Swift Eclair thread (who will start one?)

- starting with the list above, flesh out a general idea of the order and which content we want to visit during our official sessions. Even if we don't know the dates yet, we ought to have an idea what instances and content we want to hit together, and what level we would want to be at for it. We can always fill in the dates as we go but just seeing the list of potential targets and their order helps people greatly scope what they would have to do to keep up and participate.

- schedule shows in advance the date/time, what level range (e.g. level 22 +/-2), what minimum Epic story step we should be on (e.g. Vol I Book 2 Ch 4.3) and what content (e.g. Great Barrow, all wings) is intended, so anyone interested in Swift Eclair will always know at least the next 2 meeting session targets. This is so characters can gauge how much leveling a given week may need, to catch up and be ready.

- try to include the major instances and events of each expansion, and at a level where our expected group of adventurers can take it on in a challenging way, yet complete it within the session (so, some things we will take on as higher level characters than, say, Club Eclair would since we aren't trying to make it super hard for now, just interesting to visit as we level up. If mobs are white instead of purple, that is fine.). As we approach the higher end game levels, we may slow down to a more Club Eclair-like pace in terms of our speeding through content and taking things on at a more challenging level difference.

- Epic story steps can be one of the targets to do in official sessions, but if so they should be limited to the harder group encounter steps since normally large swaths of Epic story steps will be completed by each of us weekly to maintain the pace we need to be on(the 'minimum' Epic step we should all be on by the time the next session rolls around).

- until we reach higher levels (TBD exactly how high), XP'ing and developing characters in terms of levels, gear, traits, virtues, etc is largely self-taught, with coordination unofficially but welcomed between official sessions. The main goal is each week for characters to advance to the next target level "plateau" to be ready to do the next sesisons's planned content.

Another words, for the foreseeable future, at each official session we will all be in the same level range, but at a higher level than the previous time we officially met. We are not leveling together for now, unless unofficially people want to arrange for that.

Does that summarize what we had been talking about for Swift Eclair? Comments?

[ btw, if a Swift Eclair thread gets started by someone, please add that link below this post and we can shift over to talk on that thread, as I assume we will continue to use this thread for Second Servings purposes. ]
    Last edited by Debris; Oct 08 2018 at 06:15 PM.

I am out-of-town from this Fri-Sun, so Galvon (Second Servings) or Andrenil (Swift Eclair) won't be able to make it this Friday, Oct 19.

Andrenil is 24 and has quite a few deeds and class points done so far, but I'll catch up to wherever everyone else gets quickly. If you are still wanting to run GB when I return, even on an off day like Mon or Wed I can do that. But if you are past GB by then I will just prep for the next target.

Further discussions and ongoing events related to the Swift Eclair effort (which targets getting to end-game levels):

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ce-to-end-game

This thread continues to be for Club Eclair: Second Servings stories and progress updates, which as of this posting is holding at level 43 (or 44 is also okay) and has just wrapped up the Gabilshathur quests lines in Angmar. Next stop is likely the Imlad Balchorth area and discovering Gath Forthnir (the West and SW areas of Angmar as well as the southern Ram Deluon flat areas were done prior to that).

Normally we have been meeting every Friday at 7:30pm EST. The Swift sessions are now alternating somewhat in that time slot.
    Last edited by Debris; Oct 29 2018 at 04:52 PM.

Second Sessions will be meeting this coming Friday November 9th. Level raised to 45 in order to open most if not all of the quests in Angmar. We have finished helping the Dwarfs in Gabilshathur and are now searching for the rangers reported to be holed up in Gath Forthnír.

Iffen you need more quests to tide you over to reach 45 more easily, stop at Myrkworth above Imlad Balchorth they have quite a few.

We are at level 45 and roaming around Himbar fighting the good fight.

Next meeting is for December 7th.

While this level does open up a number of instances in Angmar they are level 50 and we don't normally push 5 levels above our level. But we will see...

I am downloading what appears to be a huge patch at 4:30 PST when Second Servings should be starting, so I will be late arriving in-game today.

Greetings Theylin,

I am trying to get the Happenings list up to speed after an unplanned absence from upkeep.

Please let me know what the regular meet up days/times are, as well as please confirm if the current cap is 45 and if the group is still in the Himbar area.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 45 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.

Hi Gaming_Gal

We are still meeting on Fridays at 7:30 server time and are still in the Himbar region. Holding at level 45 for the time being. For the rest of December we are not holding to our strict schedule as the holidays are laying havoc to our lives.

Thanks, Theylin.

I will adjust the OP here to delete the Sunday meet up, as that seems to have been defunct long ago. I did already update to the current cap.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 45 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.

With the holidays playing havoc with everyone's schedule we have mainly been staying in Angmar and cleaning/catching up on side quests. I think this coming Friday we should all be back and at that time we will decide to continue with this group or the other (race to the end) group. Even with fewer members we have been successful with our adventures in Imad Balchorth, which was alway a problem for me to do solo.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19