We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 92
  1. #1

    Zon's List of Solo Accomplishments

    In this thread I will continually update this post with a collection of my videos.

    The build used in these videos is written in detail @ https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...bility-and-DPS

    * Prefix number in parenthesis indicates difficulty of instance based on my opinion and personal experience from 1-10.

    Small-Fellowship

    (9.5) (Nov 28, 2014) U15 L100 Sword Halls T2C - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls-7V7obRyQ
    (7) (Nov 28, 2014) U15 L100 Halls of Night T2C - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDF95JyGcNU
    (9) (Feb 8, 2015) U15.2 L100 Stoneheight T2C - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGnYX2UfNT0
    (7.5) (Feb 16, 2015) U15.2 L100 Warg Pens T2C - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niSB5PVZKAQ
    (7) (Mar 28, 2015) U15.2.1 L100 Iorbar's Peak T2C - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7N8dnlscfU

    Fellowship

    (4) (Oct 24, 2014) L100 Ost Elendil Challenge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqmFVV50CQ8
    (5) (Nov 19, 2014) U15 L100 Sammath Gul T1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw7zVg_9C-c
    (3) (Nov 26, 2014) U15 L100 Sambrog Challenge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Jk_sElnqk
    (2) (Nov 26, 2014) U15 L100 Fornost Wraith of Fire T1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfDYMwrUjVM
    (4) (Nov 27, 2014) U15 L100 Fornost Wraith of Earth T1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZK59xpkkI
    (6) (Feb 3, 2015) U15.1.2 L100 First of Heirs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQWhcSeDzE
    (8) (Feb 5, 2015) U15.2 L100 Wraith of Water T2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9LqjSc6uQ
    * I completed this instance to the instance end boss but chose not to attempt the end boss on T2.
    (1) (Feb 11, 2015) U15.2 L100 Dungeons of Dul Dulgur T1 - no video
    (4) (Feb 16, 2015) U15.2 L100 The Maze Challenge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxh1crhV-Y
    * Set a difficulty rating of 4 because the Challenge becomes easy when run in Blue.
    (6) (Jul 12, 2015) U16.2 L100 Glinghant Challenge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db1mWuNyQgU
    (6.5) (Jan 22, 2016) U17.2 L100 Maze Challenge in Red - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjOTLGTTVCw
    * Set a difficulty rating of 6.5 for the Challenge when done in Red.

    Raid

    (9) (Oct 22, 2014) L100 Helegrod Giant Wing Challenge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcLRm-Vqseo
    (7) (Nov 27, 2014) U15 L100 Helegrod Spider Wing Challenge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5iz_x7um4
    (6) (Feb 8, 2015) U15.2 L100 Flight to the Lonely Mountain T1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7rQmnlHc-4
    (4) (Feb 11, 2015) U15.2 L100 Battle of the Deep-way T1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_by15DcxfY
    (8) (Feb 16, 2015) U15.2 L65 Battle for Erebor T1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWsT3qJcRs
    (10) (Apr 19, 2015) U15.2.1 L100 Helegrod Dragon Wing ~ part 1 of 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPfupQOHlGw
    * part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTcGRyxXy2E

    ...

    (Feb 6, 2015) I added a personally biased difficulty ranking system for all of my gameplay videos listed above. My difficulty ranking may not reflect your own personal experience of these instances but will at least give you an indication of how difficult they are to solo based on someone else's opinion. Often times just adding a Challenge objective to an instance will up my assigned difficulty rank by about 1.

    (Feb 17, 2015) If you cannot hear the audio in my videos the reason is likely because you are using Google Chrome. After doing some troubleshooting I was able to pinpoint the issue due to the fact that I was encoding using a mono audio channel rather than stereo and for whatever reason the YouTube HTML5 Player does not like mono audio channels. I will post future videos using stereo audio channels. To hear the audio of my previous videos you will need to play the video in another browser such as Internet Explorer or FireFox.
    Last edited by thatabguy; Jan 25 2016 at 10:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Nice job


    also possible: Sword halls t2cm

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by CalienX View Post
    Nice job
    also possible: Sword halls t2cm
    Congrats on SH T2C! I will have to try that out. I figured the stuns from the bats would be difficult to survive through. Was that done post Update 14 as that update boosted up mob stats considerably.
    Last edited by thatabguy; Nov 28 2014 at 01:02 PM.

  4. #4
    Hey Eric! Very nice vids, keep up the good work!
    If i may ask what software are you using for recording and how much disk space does let's say 30 min video take on your drive ?

    And yes, i think your build is top notch dps/self-heal wise, but in my opinion your weak point is avoidances ... you'll probably get into trouble in fights where you get stunned/disarmed/knockdowned.
    I just hit to 100 and building my Guard around shield (max out shield legacies etc) and avoidances ... we'll see which build is gonna be more survivable :P

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxlne View Post
    Hey Eric! Very nice vids, keep up the good work!
    If i may ask what software are you using for recording and how much disk space does let's say 30 min video take on your drive ?

    And yes, i think your build is top notch dps/self-heal wise, but in my opinion your weak point is avoidances ... you'll probably get into trouble in fights where you get stunned/disarmed/knockdowned.
    I just hit to 100 and building my Guard around shield (max out shield legacies etc) and avoidances ... we'll see which build is gonna be more survivable :P
    Yeah, with shield I am roughly around 26/25/18 and the stuns I do notice, but how exactly do you avoid stuns? Speaking of stuns I am currently attempting to do Sword-halls T2C and that is exactly what is killing me at the moment.

    For recording I am using Bandicam. 30 minutes at 24 FPS of raw gameplay footage is just over 5 gigabytes for video and 1 track of game audio. However, I record 2 audio tracks (one for mic, one for game) which does make the file quite a bit larger. The encoded video file is much smaller.

    For encoding and editing the video I use Microsoft Expression Encoder Pro and Windows Live Movie Maker. If I need to either slow down or speed up parts of the video I encode with Windows Live Movie Maker, otherwise I use Expression Encoder.

    When encoding I use a variable video bitrate of 85 quality, key frame interval of 2.
    For audio I encode CBR - 1 pass, Mono, 128 kbps, 44.1 kHz.

    However, for most people Windows Live Movie Maker is the free option and it does a good enough job.
    Last edited by thatabguy; Nov 28 2014 at 04:21 PM.

  6. #6

    U15.1 100 Sword Halls T2C

    Great news guys! After 3 failed attempts due to death-by-stun I was finally able to complete Sword Halls T2C. I did however use every buff under the sun, but hey, whatever! LOL

    Elapsed Time: 11m 13.2s

    Damage Dealt: 5.035M
    DPS: 7478.9

    Taken: 629.3K
    TPS: 934.8
    Avoidance:Hits: 59.2%
    Avoidance:Physical Avoids: 47.4%
    Avoidance:Full Avoids: 38.9%
    Avoidance:Partial Avoids: 8.5%

    Heals: 1.007M
    HPS: 1495.3

    Power: 16637

    For this instance I used a build inspired from but a bit different from what CalienX uses.



    To describe, I wanted to get the most emergency skills possible which was Pledge and Pain, and... this worked. So thank-you CalienX for inspiring me and hopefully after others' watch my video they will be inspired as well by this build that will become my emergency build for when I need the most survivability.

    And here is the video...

    Last edited by thatabguy; Nov 28 2014 at 04:18 PM.

  7. #7

    U15.1 L100 Halls of Night T2C

    Update 15.1 level 100 Halls of Night T2C


  8. #8

    U15.1.2 L100 First of Heirs

    Update 15.1.2 First of Heirs

    This video is proof that you do not need crazy amounts of morale to complete this landscape instance. All you need in fact in my opinion is 26-28K morale, though in this video I did it with 31K morale. Yes, you do get stunned for like 6+ seconds but you do not need 40-50K morale in order to survive during the stun. Key notes of importance is to make sure that your Stagger debuff and War-chant are spread across all enemies; as long as you can manage this I would say that this instance is actually significantly easier to solo than say Helegrod Giant Wing, and easily like 10 times easier than Sword Halls T2.

    I chose to do this instance full dps spec except with a shield and also using my 4xEvasion gloves versus my 4xPhys.Mast. gloves. As such I completed this instance in just over 16 minutes.

    In the video you may notice that I start off with a Warrior's Heart and then I quickly change trait trees; this is so that I can gain the permanent benefit of two Warrior's Heart. You have to time this perfectly though as once you activate Warrior's Heart you have 9 seconds while not in combat to switch trait trees and get into combat, once in combat within 9 seconds the first Warrior's Heart will remain. For this little trick I want to do a SHOUT OUT to @mattspencer for passing me on this tip.

    Last edited by thatabguy; Feb 03 2015 at 12:48 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,078
    Another great video - TY for sharing it!

    If I may beg 3 questions of you: 1) What is the name of the "Buff Bar" mod that you are using? I used something similar in my WOW days ... I didn't know that there were so many great mods for lotro, but I'm learning 2) I noticed you mouse clicking your quickslot buttons when you swap gears. Is there any reason why you don't key map those for easier access? I haven't used the key mapping feature in-game yet as I have no use for it at my lower level but it seems like something useful. and 3) What is the name of the damage meter you are using? in my WOW days, there was "recount" ....

    Thank You and ~Happy Gaming~
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

  10. #10
    Thanks!

    I highly recommend using the LoTRO Compendium to install and update LUA plugins.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    1) What is the name of the "Buff Bar" mod that you are using?
    BuffBars
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...-BuffBars.html

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    2) I noticed you mouse clicking your quickslot buttons when you swap gears. Is there any reason why you don't key map those for easier access? I haven't used the key mapping feature in-game yet as I have no use for it at my lower level but it seems like something useful
    My mouse does support macros but I feel as though I am cheating when I use macros. Back when you could still swap gear during combat I had a macro that swapped out both gear and jewellery to gain set bonuses prior to using a skill; this macro did in 1.5 seconds what normally would've taken me probably several seconds (I actually had to slow the macro down because it was too fast for LoTRO). I'm glad they disabled in-combat gear/jewellery swaps, and since I haven't had any motivation to set up macros again.

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    3) What is the name of the damage meter you are using?
    Combat Analysis
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tAnalysis.html

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by thatabguy View Post
    I'm glad they disabled in-combat gear/jewellery swaps, and since I haven't had any motivation to set up macros again.
    No. Bad. I spent a lot of time earning gear back in the day. I'd like to still be able to make use of it and its effects while in combat. The nerf on swapping gear was bad. What they shouldn't have done is changed class skills/traits. Then there wouldn't need to be any worries.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by thatabguy View Post
    Thanks!

    I highly recommend using the LoTRO Compendium to install and update LUA plugins.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html



    BuffBars
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...-BuffBars.html



    My mouse does support macros but I feel as though I am cheating when I use macros. Back when you could still swap gear during combat I had a macro that swapped out both gear and jewellery to gain set bonuses prior to using a skill; this macro did in 1.5 seconds what normally would've taken me probably several seconds (I actually had to slow the macro down because it was too fast for LoTRO). I'm glad they disabled in-combat gear/jewellery swaps, and since I haven't had any motivation to set up macros again.



    Combat Analysis
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tAnalysis.html
    <3 you for quick and helpful reply! As to gear swap, from what you have written, I infer that one can only swap "weapons" in-combat? I was wondering that while watching your latest video ... I saw your health pool drop too low and I wondered if swapping to +incoming heal gear before spamming the "oh-#### heal me now" button" would benefit - but, now I see that you can only swap shields & weapons and such. That being said, do you think it would be worth it to make a shield/1H combo that was specifically traited to aid with healing and then swap to these 2 pieces of gear as needed in emergency situations?
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    <3 you for quick and helpful reply! As to gear swap, from what you have written, I infer that one can only swap "weapons" in-combat? I was wondering that while watching your latest video ... I saw your health pool drop too low and I wondered if swapping to +incoming heal gear before spamming the "oh-#### heal me now" button" would benefit - but, now I see that you can only swap shields & weapons and such. That being said, do you think it would be worth it to make a shield/1H combo that was specifically traited to aid with healing and then swap to these 2 pieces of gear as needed in emergency situations?
    That's what I do. I put my catch a breath cooldown, warrior's heart heal, catch a breath power healing, etc..etc.. on swapin LIs. When I use those skills I use a macro to swap them in (the back/forward buttons on my mouse thumb area) and I manually hit the skills.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  14. #14
    My single-target 2H has like +1187 Morale on it, so when I switch between my AoE 2H and my single-target 2H my morale jumps.

    Also, my tanking sword and tanking belt have Vitality legacies on them so that combined with my shield will also cause my morale to jump if I switch say between my 2H and SnB set-up.

    Swapping to Legendary Items and Shield with legacies such as Catch a Breadth, etc.. would be the intelligent thing to do. I have on my bucket list to create a buff stick and maybe buff belt for such a purpose.. but I'm both busy and lazy.

    Yeah, there's a lot of people that definitely have better quickslot set-ups and better mouse turning, and a bit more serious with things such as Legendary Items for buffing purposes. Luckily my laziness doesn't get me killed too often, LOL =)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by thatabguy View Post
    My single-target 2H has like +1187 Morale on it, so when I switch between my AoE 2H and my single-target 2H my morale jumps.

    Also, my tanking sword and tanking belt have Vitality legacies on them so that combined with my shield will also cause my morale to jump if I switch say between my 2H and SnB set-up.

    Swapping to Legendary Items and Shield with legacies such as Catch a Breadth, etc.. would be the intelligent thing to do. I have on my bucket list to create a buff stick and maybe buff belt for such a purpose.. but I'm both busy and lazy.

    Yeah, there's a lot of people that definitely have better quickslot set-ups and better mouse turning, and a bit more serious with things such as Legendary Items for buffing purposes. Luckily my laziness doesn't get me killed too often, LOL =)
    Thx for your candor! As far as I can tell, you are far from lazy although with a new family, I am sure you are quite busy Please don't take offense to my question(s) as they aren't in any way meant to demean or undermine you or anyone here - I am a new/returning player and you may consider me a sponge with a quest to absorb information.
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

  16. #16
    Nah, none taken. I am a pretty casual laid back guy. I actually just set up a Twitch stream so I will probably try to broadcast 2 or 3 times a week. I'll either be undertaking solo PvE challenges or soloing in the Ettenmoors PvMP. http://www.twitch.tv/ealbrecht

    I'll actually be surprised if I get Followers / Viewers, but who knows, LOL.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by thatabguy View Post
    Nah, none taken. I am a pretty casual laid back guy. I actually just set up a Twitch stream so I will probably try to broadcast 2 or 3 times a week. I'll either be undertaking solo PvE challenges or soloing in the Ettenmoors PvMP. http://www.twitch.tv/ealbrecht

    I'll actually be surprised if I get Followers / Viewers, but who knows, LOL.
    EDIT: I am now signed up for Twitch and following you - just advise when you are streaming and I will make an effort to view. I am username: Palatinae
    Last edited by danielbrown1969; Feb 03 2015 at 11:08 PM.
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

  18. #18
    Sweet! Thanks.

    I'll post a schedule on the Twitch channel that will change week-to-week depending on what my wife's work schedule is like since I will only be able to stream when she is able to look after our toddler.

  19. #19
    Here are the swap LI's I use. I would highly recommend you make it either a level 85 or 95 2nd or 1st age so you can have enough points to tier up the legacies. This will also help you slot better relics for more morale and incoming healing. I should have a crafted relic on these to make them better, but I don't. Finally, you could put a vitality and might legacy on them to help with your catch a breathe effect, but again it is "just" a swap LI, so not a top priority.

  20. #20

    U15.2 Wraith of Water T2

    I completed this instance up to the instance end boss but I chose not to attempt the end boss as I figured it was pointless on tier 2. Still, I am fairly happy I made it that far.

    Last edited by thatabguy; Feb 08 2015 at 03:09 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,078

    Awesome!

    Well done. As I watched your video, I made some notes and I hope it okay that I ask you about them...

    First off, had you been to this particular instance previously? It seemed as if you had not or at least not often as you were "figuring it out" on the fly. I <3 this! Checking to see the paths of roaming mobs. Checking to see which mobs are linked and which will pull and which won't. Again, great job - I especially liked the LoS (Line of Sight) pulls as this reminded me of my WOW days when I would solo on-level instances to farm mount drops

    Second, I noticed you didn't do any of the quests. You don't need the rep. and/or exp or ??

    Third, as to your skill set - obviously you had a shield equipped for most (if not all) of the instance ... did you use your "red w/shield" from https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ility-and-DPS?

    At about the 1/2 point on the video - when you were facing what I assume is the first "boss" - you appeared to be striking the boss with a bare fist in the right hand and your bow in the left hand. What was going on there?

    I as was watching and trying to study your rotation, I noticed that you frequently worked in Shield Swipe and then Bash to your rotation. My question is, and forgive me as I forget the name of the skill I am referring to, but there is a skill that becomes available after a successful Bash and it is on your quickslot bar to the immediate right of Bash - but I never saw you use it. I am wondering why. I use it quite often as after I Bash (and stun) the mob I am targetting - that mob becomes "immune" for a short period of time - so I will tab to a different target and then use this "other skill" to stun him - afterwhich time I go back to my original mob and continue with my rotation. Am i doing it wrong?

    Lastly, the other day you "highly recommended" that I d/l and use an in-game mod (which I plan on doing this weekend), so I am pretty sure that this will answer my last question .. but the yellow-ish circle surounding your mouse cursor in-game - is that from said mod or is that something new? In any event, I like it

    Thank you for sharing this latest video and Congrats on gettin' 'er done!
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    First off, had you been to this particular instance previously? It seemed as if you had not or at least not often as you were "figuring it out" on the fly. I <3 this! Checking to see the paths of roaming mobs. Checking to see which mobs are linked and which will pull and which won't. Again, great job - I especially liked the LoS (Line of Sight) pulls as this reminded me of my WOW days when I would solo on-level instances to farm mount drops
    It was the third time that I had entered the instance in my life, and my first time on tier 2. People are not kidding when they say things hit hard in there, I had to remind myself to breath during some of the fights, LOL.

    After I died from being sloppy that was when I went into cautious mode and started playing safer / smarter, though I still let myself get caught by the pathing of the Darkwaters once.

    The Line of Sight was very important as the green Darkwaters are easy to deal with but those blue buggers really hurt a lot, more-so because we're not bleeding them and refreshing our bleeds on them if they are hitting us from range.

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    Second, I noticed you didn't do any of the quests. You don't need the rep. and/or exp or ??
    Normally I would but if I did that the video would've been like 2 hours long.

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    Third, as to your skill set - obviously you had a shield equipped for most (if not all) of the instance ... did you use your "red w/shield" from https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ility-and-DPS?
    Yes, the shield was on the entire instance as everything hit too hard. I received hits up to 9K with most large crits peaking around 4K.

    Yes, I was using my red w/ shield build the entire instance. DPS I find with a shield in my opinion is 33-50% less than with a 2H but I would drop like a fly dead if I used a 2H in there.

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    At about the 1/2 point on the video - when you were facing what I assume is the first "boss" - you appeared to be striking the boss with a bare fist in the right hand and your bow in the left hand. What was going on there?
    That is just a visual glitch that happens often, I'm surprised you haven't had that happen to you yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    I as was watching and trying to study your rotation, I noticed that you frequently worked in Shield Swipe and then Bash to your rotation. My question is, and forgive me as I forget the name of the skill I am referring to, but there is a skill that becomes available after a successful Bash and it is on your quickslot bar to the immediate right of Bash - but I never saw you use it. I am wondering why. I use it quite often as after I Bash (and stun) the mob I am targetting - that mob becomes "immune" for a short period of time - so I will tab to a different target and then use this "other skill" to stun him - afterwhich time I go back to my original mob and continue with my rotation. Am i doing it wrong?
    Bash, which does the stun opens after after a Shield-swipe.
    Shield-swipe opens up after a Block response event.
    You can use Shield-Blow to trigger a Block response event and thus open Shield-swipe.

    I only use Shield-Blow if I really need access to Shield-swipe, otherwise I find it too much of a time investment and can also start to get expensive on Power.

    In difficult single-target fights however I will often use Shield-blow to trigger a Block response event because I need as many Parry and Block reactive skills as possible to keep my morale up. Also, with shield-spikes I find that I crit often with block reactive skills and the stun from Bash is nice for a short breather during single-target fights.

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    Lastly, the other day you "highly recommended" that I d/l and use an in-game mod (which I plan on doing this weekend), so I am pretty sure that this will answer my last question .. but the yellow-ish circle surounding your mouse cursor in-game - is that from said mod or is that something new? In any event, I like it
    I wish that yellow circle was in-game. Unfortunately the yellow circle is added to my mouse game as part of my gameplay recording software, I do not however see the circle.

    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    Thank you for sharing this latest video and Congrats on gettin' 'er done!
    Thanks! Hopefully it is helpful.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,078
    So, if I understand you correctly, you aren't using Bash to stun necessarily, but rather it is just a by-product of the shield-blow which you used in order to trigger the parry response which then helps you regain some morale. I suspected that you felt it was an inferior skill. Perhaps inferior is not the best word for it - but, you choose not to use it (and the other skill I referred to above) because they are too Power intensive relative to their damage output. Again, thank you for letting me pick your brain.

    EDIT: too bad about the yellow circle - I agree that would be a nice mod. Perhaps someone will add it to a future plugin
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    So, if I understand you correctly, you aren't using Bash to stun necessarily, but rather it is just a by-product of the shield-blow which you used in order to trigger the parry response which then helps you regain some morale. I suspected that you felt it was an inferior skill. Perhaps inferior is not the best word for it - but, you choose not to use it (and the other skill I referred to above) because they are too Power intensive relative to their damage output. Again, thank you for letting me pick your brain.
    I think I confused you...

    In order of the chain of reactives:
    Block response > Shield-swipe > Bash

    You can use Shield-blow to trigger a block response as such:
    Shield-blow > Block response > Shield-swipe > Bash

    I do use and recommend using Bash for the stun as it is very useful.

    Here is a list of Parry and Block reactive skills that you can use to proc the 2.5% max morale restore on critical hit;

    • Whirling Retaliation (parry)
    • Overwhelm (parry)
    • Retaliation (parry)
    • Thrust (parry)
    • To the King (parry)
    • Shield-swipe (block)
    • Bash (block)


    If I am single-target I tend to do an attack rotation as follows;

    1. Brutal Charge
    2. War-chant (which causes a stun from Brutal Charge)
    3. Move behind enemy and Stagger
    4. Guardian's Ward


    If (parry response) then
    1. Retaliation
    2. Shield-blow (only if I need to open up a Block response)
    3. Thrust
    4. Shield-swipe
    5. Bash (stun)
    6. To the King
    7. Sting


    The reason I do a Bash stun before To the King is because you can still trigger a fellowship manoeuvre after stunning an enemy as long as you are quick about it. This keeps the enemy crowd-controlled for an extra couple of seconds. This is a little trick many people may not know about.

    This chain of skills has been my bread 'n butter for surviving. I get quick attack skills with a mix of 3 stuns (Brutal Charge, Bash and To the King). Don't hesitate about using Brutal Charge whenever it is off cooldown, the stun you will get from it will provide you with a nice breather to play catch-up.

    Try to keep Guardian's Ward buff and To the King buff active throughout the fight.

    If you don't have a parry response open or Sting does not trigger one then force one with the Force Opening skill.

    In single-target fights avoid Vexing Blow like the plague, it is useless.

    Also avoid Sweeping Cut. While it is a good damage skill it is very expensive for using on a single target.

    If you are confident about the first 2 minutes of the fight waste Warrior's Heart early on to get the permanent buff from Warrior's Heart (if you trait for the buff). Remember you can still fall back on Guardian's Pledge and Honourable Combat until you have access to Warrior's Heart again.

    One last thing, I only use Catch a Breath to restore Power as it is a terrible source of morale restore. Well, I suppose if you have the +15% morale restore for Catch a Breath then it might be good for morale restore as well maybe.

  25. #25
    I'd like to upload the vid of me doing school solo, but I've never done a game vid or loaded it to youtube. Can you tell me what program you use or link instructions? I'm hoping it is a free program, or there is a free one available. I'd also like to take a vid of School and OE being broken and send the link to a dev so they can get it fixed.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload