We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Beornings get their class quests by email. If you delete the email without reading it, you don't know what NPC you should go to, so they should change it to an auto-bestow. There are class quests for level 15, 30, 50, and 58. The level 58 is also given by email, and involves going to an NPC in the Orc Watch in Moria. Instead of buying a book from the Iron Garrisson NPC, it is again done via email.

The trick is that you should read the email fully. If you just disregard it and delete it (like many of us would with automated emails since you may think they are the same as all the auto emails you get leveling another class) you are out of luck and will need to find the NPC yourself

Note:

Level 15 class quest NPC is at Adso's camp in Bree Land.
    Level 30 class quest NPC is in Ost Guruth in Lone Lands.
    Level 50 class quest NPC is in Rivendell near spire of meeting.
    Level 58 class quest NPC is in Orc Watch, Moria.

My Beorning is level 58, so that's all I know
    I did all of those except level 50 one, I got no mail from that. I don't delete usually I read fully the mails :P But what about the Moria trait point? I finished the 6 books like in other chars (which have 74 points, more than beorning), and on bear I didn't get the trait point. That's kinda nonsense...I still dont get to 74 total and I miss one point But well I'll go take a look again tomorrow!

Anyways, it's terribly lazy from them not to do the level 50 quests which were fun and distracting on every class..and it actually gave moria book a sense (to finish it). Now people can skip it if it doesn't give any reward at all.
    But the really fun thing is that they made erebor, orthanc and low level armours for beorning but didn't care at all to make a level 100 one which is the one all people will use...meh..
    Last edited by Alakin93; Nov 21 2014 at 07:56 PM.

When do you guys at turbine gone get it?
    We all know that you have low bugget and ure team got smaller, but:
    Who asked for this class essences? Waste time to implement them and waste time to correct then... Not all were taken the label op off now.
    Why do we neede a new BB 6 man for? I have all yellows... Max points 217...and the most important one: player dont get to play their class in BB.
    If ppl suppose to learn/discouver what can be done with a class then BB is the last spot to go in. Even quests are better, from this point of view.

How many times do we need to ask:
    1. fix the loot tables.
    2. fix the buff/debuffs (this covers pve and pvp)
    3. fix the rewards in pvp. Bring back ec and oc in the old possitions.
    4. make a new map for pvp.
    If i knew that it takes more then 1 year to give us a new pvp map or move ec and oc bk i would have started to walk/swimm from germany to usa and implemented them myself. Jessus guys, how many pve maps we got this year?
    We all see you wanna give us something new, but listen to what the ppl ask for.
    Do you think to keep the ppl buisy 2-3 mounts with this new 6 man BB? A system which is: 217 capped points still / most of the ppl got their golds allrdy.

Now before some fanboys starts to asks: what about alts:
    I have all classes exept lm at lvl 100( beorning also 100). Those alts were made because: raids had long locks.
    I stick to my warden now cause i dont wanna start the grid madness 8 more times.(from 7 lvl 100- 3 have full bb sets and 2 parcials)

You have literally taken the class essences from one extreme to the other. Yes, I completely agree that in their live form, they are overpowered when stacked, but by adding a 20 second (!!) cooldown to the proc, you have made them completely and utterly useless. If this change goes live I will not waste one, let alone several essence slots on them. I will also lament the time wasted to get to kindred with the factions so that I could barter for them. Very few of these class essences are now useful, and it seems like the devs have wasted their time by adding them.

The question is: were they even devs or ppl which play lotro, from turbines team, involved in making this essences in the 1st place?

Quote Originally Posted by michael_black22 View Post
    The question is: were they even devs or ppl which play lotro, from turbines team, involved in making this essences in the 1st place?
    You are such a pro...

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    With the addition of the six-man version of Pelargir, we have some specific question we would like to see answered from your experiences this round.

FELLOWSHIP VERSION

• How’s the difficulty for a balanced for a fellowship?
    • If you tired it with less than a full fellowship, how was it?
    • In the final stage, there’s a new set of secondaries: The Thrice-blown Horn and The Ship-slaves. Please check them out and give us feedback.
    • Where any parts of the new version too easy or too difficult?
    • Are there points in the battle sequences where it didn’t feel like all of the Fellowship had something to do?

I think the instance is balanced for a 3-man group atm! My kinmate and me tested the six man version together this night (Captain and Warden). First of all, all of the enemies have the same amount of morale as in the duo version. You just doubled the number of enemies. For anyone with some aoe skills that´s no problem at all. With us two, this number of enemies was a little bit (!) challenging! With another person in group that should be very easy too. The challenges are partially balanced, partially not at all. Parade of thieves for example was not changed! Same amount of enemies, same morale, same spawn frequenzy. I would say raise their morale to 200.000, make them nemesis and add a boss thief with 600.000 morale. The single boss chalenges like the enraged half troll are too easy too. They deal no damage and have 600.000 morale. It takes us 35 seconds to kill that boss with two people... we get gold. With another fellow we would have been by 20 seconds. platinum... give him 1.000.000 morale and raise his damage... remeber: You should do this with siy players! we did it with 2!

At the first stage on the winch you just doubled the time you need to open the gate... few more enemies... little higher frequenzy... same morale. I did this solo before my kinmate joined me with the second stage. Please reduce the time at the winch and increase the difficulty!!! More morale! More damage! Maybe another boss or probably a challenge! This winch stuff is so boring atm :/

At the last stage we killed everything with catapults and got ´the horn blowers and the archer boss at the same time... absolutely no problem. Thisarti deals no damage at all... the horn blowers were killed with aoe damage in a few seconds. That was just to easy ... remeber again: We were two players!

--> It seems you balanced this Big Battle for three persons!
    Second Marshall Maywyn Eorthas of Rohan - Captain - Rank 13

Tyrant Gate Wargkönig, Son of Krithmog - Stalker - Rank 15

Yes, but probably not experienced as a lot of end gamers. Definitely not enough to cover the whole aspect of the new tools/things they develop. What happens in alfa? I don't know. Beta? We all know. Live -> beta with chat text update.

Thanks to this "internal cooldown" you have just made beornings even less viable tanks. I see no buffs for mitigations for bear form, for example, or something that would aid with tanking on bear of the harder content. Nobody needs offtanks anymore - we already have CPT/CHP and every other clsas that could possibly outDPS someone else.

Beornings are getting fixes with u15.1, the class is not developing.

-----

New 6man BB:

1st part up to the winch - soloable with NPCs only, no need to get involved.
    2nd part winch defence - nothing even hit the winch, not even once. soloable.
    3rd part - defending barricades etc - until first boss spawns - soloable just like solo/duo version. only problem that becomes apparent on it is that I need a tank or a 2nd DPS to keep th attention of the extra adds/or kill big boss thing faster, got gold on boss, then most barricades got damaged since not enough trap triggercount (was maxed!). Main NPCs dies here, a bit more adds too spread out, see previous line for making it into a 2man fight! ---> can't solo on platinum (just gold).

Without trying to get a group for it, I can say that th new 6man BB needs 4x upscaling to have 6 people involved in it. Give more bosses, boss quest to have boss-related allies, give them special abilities. At the moment it's almost soloable, had I had more trap triggercounts

Btw, this was on a fire RK.
    Last edited by tigrjonok; Nov 21 2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: update on new 6man BB

Quote Originally Posted by pittcrew1 View Post
    This is very annoying. Yes, they used to be very overpowered, but nerfing them so much almost makes them worthless, and I have grinded for hours to get the rep items to get these, because I expected them to work and stay working this way. Also, PLEASE make sure that if this does stay, to label its Cooldown. Epic Battle jewelry procs need these too really, but they are so frustrating. Tell us what we're getting, and don't change it after you let us grind/get them.

I know this is a game and all, and everything, even on live, is subject to change, but listen to us when we say that some essences are crazy OP when we say it, which we did in U15 beta, and if you feel that they are even slightly not ready, then please disable them for live until it's changed to be balanced. I will now not be using any of the dodge/evade essences if they maintain the 20sec CD because I can get more than a 10% morale boost from essences that replace them, for how frequently they proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by pittcrew1
    As I said, it is a necessary change, but it shouldnt have been something they needed to fix, they shouldn't have been OP from the start, since we said they were OP in beta. I'm perfectly fine with the change, but I want a way to get some of my effort back. Letting us trade the essences back into 3 Teal Rep items would be enough for me, and a loss for the player, but at least we don't lose everything because they are no good now.
    I have thought over this some more, and would be content if all class essences were made on equal grounds, which would be to make them work on the grounds of buffs, as explained here:

Another solution would be to make all of the class essences to be in the form of a buff, so you can stack it to maintain the buff, but you won't receive more than the buff. Some/most classes already have at least 1 essence that does this.

For example, they could make the proc heals a heal-over-time buff, and it could be refreshed by stacked essences, but there would be no need for the CD since it could be something like:
    "10% chance on evade,
    to restore 2% max morale every 1 second for 5 seconds.
    No Cooldown to re-apply buff."

Now that heal might be too potent, but it doesn't seem super OP like getting 25k heals per second being hit a billion times. If the Unique Use system is used, then you can only reasonably stack the essence 6 times, so even if you got an initial heal for each proc, it would only ever be 12% (6 essences x 2%) max morale per hit, which is much more reasonable than what was happening before. Socketed jewelry could add a bit to that, but not much.
    I still wouldn't be happy with losing the effectiveness of the essences, but at least class essences would be relatively equal, aside from absolutely stupid ones like Minstrels have. (I would still like a trade-in option for 1 essence -> 3 teal rep items... would need kindred rep to barter though, so you can't easily swap rep tokens)

Some suggestions for Lore-master and Minstrels and RK, as they seem to have the lowest amount of buff ones, could be (I'm sorry if fellow players of these classes hate these):

RK:
    "10% chance on being critically hit,
    to receive a buff for 10 seconds,
    that will cause enemies who attack you to have a 25% chance to be stunned for 3 seconds (no stun immunity applied at end)"

Minstrel:
    "10% chance on critical hit or heal,
    that will heal you for 3% of your max morale for each critical hit or heal you achieve"

Lore-master:
    "10% chance on being hit,
    that will reduce the cooldown of Sic Em by 1sec for each time you are hit or successfully use a skill"

These may be somewhat boring because they aren't actually class based, but this is a general suggestion.
    Last edited by pittcrew1; Nov 21 2014 at 11:44 PM.

How "pro" you need to be to see:
    1. burg (aglity class- high evade) pop touch and go
    2. For wardens took me 15 min to test them:
    For the devs: is NOT on evade guys...is on block parry or evade
    My test:
    Had 4 of them and i have times (not oft) from ONE Block or parry or evade: got all 4 provoc. With inc heals were around 3.8k *4. so around 16k heal.
    Only have to watch it on stuns (in pve) , in Pvp were only to troll reavers or easymode the keeps. On every other creep class were useless.
    The mitigation debuf is not working on live. I ´m gone test it soon on BR.
    I AM NOT SAYING THOSE ARE NOT OP for pve and some pvp cases. Class essence is a good, but the ideeas were not.
    Look what Spelunker suggested. (sad to see that this player lost his breath on turbine and stoped putting good ideeas. But then again who should listen?)
    3. what about 5% on cirts reset "fight on" ideea? With legacy on ure rune you can have in 40s long. In those 40s it can be reseted so you can have perma fight on.
    and so on...
    What do we learn out of this: ask us turbine before and we can give and discuss suggestion. Isnt that why we have CM here for?
    Key word: Communication.

Quote Originally Posted by pittcrew1 View Post
    This is very annoying. Yes, they used to be very overpowered, but nerfing them so much almost makes them worthless, and I have grinded for hours to get the rep items to get these, because I expected them to work and stay working this way. Also, PLEASE make sure that if this does stay, to label its Cooldown. Epic Battle jewelry procs need these too really, but they are so frustrating. Tell us what we're getting, and don't change it after you let us grind/get them.

I know this is a game and all, and everything, even on live, is subject to change, but listen to us when we say that some essences are crazy OP when we say it, which we did in U15 beta, and if you feel that they are even slightly not ready, then please disable them for live until it's changed to be balanced. I will now not be using any of the dodge/evade essences if they maintain the 20sec CD because I can get more than a 10% morale boost from essences that replace them, for how frequently they proc.
    Can't agree more. I spent Turbine Points on Reputation Accelerators, to get these nice essences. And with a 20second cooldown, they will be completely useless. 2x Essence Reclamation Scroll bought for nothing, Rep Accelerators bought for nothing, thanks. Please just give it a cooldown of around 6 seconds, this will still make it very powerfull but nowhere near OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    This is not annoying. It's perfectly fine. I'm incredibly glad that Turbine came to this realization as well. It shows me that the devs do actually have some clue about what they're doing.

Turbine, please don't listen to people like this. Those essences definitely deserved this nerf, it's an excellent change.
    So the absolutely universally despised minstrel essences 'needed nerfing?' I, in turn, hope they ignore all of your feedback if it is as well thought out as this gross simplification.

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Well I managed to solo it on Minstrel, but only got Gold, mostly because I got the side quest defending citizens and now there are a lot more half trolls and torch bearers. I couldnt get back and forth on my own quick enough to defend everyone. However despite that I got platinum on the side quest, but after that lots and lots of mobs came, lots of half trolls and torch bearers, but Elladan and Elrohir had gone to stand by the gate.

It wasnt obvious if I had to clear all mobs or if I cld progress to the next stage with the twins. It was in that time that barricades and soldiers got killed, hence me getting gold overall.
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    Lvl105 : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

You might aswell go for a clean-sweep and nerf the Champ 'Fight On' essence too so the skill can't be kept perma-on (3% heal every 2 secs)... it's obvious that freeps aren't allowed anything nice. Spider DPS is still totally fine obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by jevvy View Post
    However despite that I got platinum on the side quest, but after that lots and lots of mobs came, lots of half trolls and torch bearers, but Elladan and Elrohir had gone to stand by the gate.

It wasnt obvious if I had to clear all mobs or if I cld progress to the next stage with the twins. It was in that time that barricades and soldiers got killed, hence me getting gold overall.
    I had the same problem. Funnily enough, when all the soldiers and barricades were down (I'd left them for a bit), the mobs that came after that just stood still at the gate...

BB Pelagir solo - lvl 100 minstrel
    Winch is still too easy, hardly needed traps or give the soldiers orders.
    Pillagers part is quite fun now, though it could get troublesome if the sidequest is not at the main spot. I got the treasure one, so it was okay. Definitely more fun now. Thanks for the movable barricades
    Piers was also quite easy. Left the soldiers to do the killing and focussed on the catapults, that worked fine.
    Had no trouble with the epic foes. Though they could hit a bit harder, as could the normal mobs For the winch and the piers, perhaps let them come quicker/in bigger groups and give them more morale?

Sidenote: it did say something about Ship Slaves (on the piers) but I had no idea what that was about. Was no secondary quest.

BB Pelagir FS - lvl 100 minstrel, solo
    Was interested to see what this was like so decided to give it a try. The winch is quite fun now, with the torchbearers! But it's more fit for the solo version than for fellowships. The winch looked fun, with fighting in two places. Would suggest to have more corsairs spawn from the door near the fountain.
    I died once the troll so can't say more
    Carannar & Alatir ~ minstrel and guardian of Invicta

@ Gil/deru:
    You say this was needed...i say: use reclamation scroll and throw the ####ty essences away.
    Now the funny question is:
    Is everybody happy that champs get to keep perma fight on ?
    You are right. I'll be the first to admit it: this champion essence is ridiculous. The effect as a whole should be changed. A chance to reset Fight On is a stupid idea. Make it have a 25% chance to give +20% crit defence upon being critically, or something along those lines.

Class essences were a fun idea, but they are a disaster. Most of them are useless, some are OP beyond belief. My opinion: make them have effects like the RoR proc rings, instead of class specific bonuses.
    For those who don't remember, these essences would give:
    • A stacking critical rating buff (capped: 2000), 20% chance to apply on hit
    • A 15s HoT, ticking every 3s, healing approximately 12% of morale total, 20% chance on being hit
    • +3000 crit d +2400 inc healing for 15s, 20% chance on being hit
    • +220 of main stat, 15s duration, 20% chance on hit
    • +2700 of each mit, 15s duration, 20% chance on being hit

Of course these should have internal cool downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    So the absolutely universally despised minstrel essences 'needed nerfing?' I, in turn, hope they ignore all of your feedback if it is as well thought out as this gross simplification.
    Did you even read what I quoted? Amazing how you just jump to conclusions. I'm talking about 0s cd healprocs here.

Read before commenting...

Typical turbine releases something too good and instead of making other classes good as well totally nerfs the one that was too good resulting in no changes at all to the game. lol.

While I don't deny the OPness of some essences the focus could be used elsewhere. This can be seen through the 9th revamp of Bree instead of a new raid.
    Yelk, Hunter| Rank 15 | Arkenstone | Leader of Shock and Awe
    Original Challenger of Saruman
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

@ Gil/deru:
    You say this was needed...i say: use reclamation scroll and throw the ####ty essences away.
    Now the funny question is:
    Is everybody happy that champs get to keep perma fight on ?
    ah yes, roughly 300 HPS clearly equivalent to a 0s CD proc that granted upwards of 2,000 morale per avoid on the low end of the spectrum. Poor wardens, amirite?

I for one would like a useful survival skill that isn't a near equivalent to a guardian passive, but I'm just a dreamer. To be honest I'd prefer a non-garbage attack duration (something we could have used in essence form, even.) and skills that go off in a fluid and timely manner.

I mean HD yellow captain was fun to troll people with too, that didn't somehow translate to 'balanced class' though.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

please when do you plan to fix the glittering caves spider quest it still says not completed when it was completed

also i have never gotten any completed quest in the small fellowship for glittering caves i am not getting any of the quest completions at all on that bar , yet we completed many of them now yet i get no credit for them at all on the small fellowship bar .

Quote Originally Posted by angelastar View Post
    please when do you plan to fix the glittering caves spider quest it still says not completed when it was completed
    I've never met this bug (have you freed all the rohirrims before killing the boss ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    You are right. I'll be the first to admit it: this champion essence is ridiculous. The effect as a whole should be changed. A chance to reset Fight On is a stupid idea. Make it have a 25% chance to give +20% crit defence upon being critically, or something along those lines.

Class essences were a fun idea, but they are a disaster. Most of them are useless, some are OP beyond belief. My opinion: make them have effects like the RoR proc rings, instead of class specific bonuses.
    For those who don't remember, these essences would give:
    • A stacking critical rating buff (capped: 2000), 20% chance to apply on hit
    • A 15s HoT, ticking every 3s, healing approximately 12% of morale total, 20% chance on being hit
    • +3000 crit d +2400 inc healing for 15s, 20% chance on being hit
    • +220 of main stat, 15s duration, 20% chance on hit
    • +2700 of each mit, 15s duration, 20% chance on being hit

Of course these should have internal cool downs.
    I do think the essences in general need to be rating based, and not %, because those are level universal, so any new levels we get, we can use the same gear and not need new stuff except for a ~10 stat boost on the armor. Based on your ideas, an internal cool down would be good, but #1, I want the cool downs shown on the item, and #2, I'd prefer they not have cooldowns and just have a lower chance to proc. I know the second one is preference, but I want to be able to stack certain things to get a better chance of getting and maintaining it. Also, if the ones you suggested stack, would they be able to proc while the buff is already up, because if there is a cooldown, that would be annoying to have them all proc at the same time and then have a period when you don't have any buff? That would be a big issue if you wanted to stack the +220 of main stat one for example, because having more than 2, and then having the proc at the same time would make it basically a waste of a second essence (which some may not know about), and just a stat essence would be better.

But yeah, proc essences all need to be rating/direct healing and in the form of a buff, so that even if you proc multiple times, you cant get obscene amounts of the buff all at one, like you can with the evasion/dodging.

And generally, class essences are a indeed a bad idea. If they all affect the same thing for each class, such as reducing the CD of their capstone, that would be fine to balance it, but also could be really OP. Giving class essences just stat boosts though really doesn't make a lot of sense; it's nice, but lazy and OP.

For skill cooldown reset/reduction essences, I think they should all be reduction by a few seconds, have an internal CD of 10-20 seconds (listed), and have a 25-50% chance to happen on the condition. This would make some like the Fight On cooldown reset a little less powerful, but still make stacking the essences very worth it, as well as the LM cooldown reduction ones. Minstrels could have one for Fellowship's heart for blue line, just to name literally one example of how other classes could see this.
    Last edited by pittcrew1; Nov 23 2014 at 07:28 PM.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

beorning movie

shouldnt be the beorning movie accessible in menu as the other race and class movies are?

there is still no medium socketed armour for beornings in Dol Amroth, only with agility....

My only question to the team for current content is: is there any timeline for a fix on the warden physicality essence? I'm hearing the -20% mitigation debuff is broken so have held off on slotting it.
    There may come a time for valor without renown, for those without swords may surely still die upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    I've never met this bug (have you freed all the rohirrims before killing the boss ?)
    I just encountered a bug the other day in a solo/duo where all Cocoons were opened and only 3 rohirrim were released. There were no more cocoons to open and I didn't kill the boss because I have to get 5 rohirrim to get plat.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast