We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Update 15.1 Release Notes – PRELIMINARY AND NON-FINAL - BULLROARER ONLY

The following release notes are for the Bullroarer public test server only and may not reflect the final list of changes or updates included at release.
    These notes are not final and should be viewed as a work in progress and subject to change.

Due to the method of gathering information for the patch notes, there may be duplicate/similar entries or topics that are not included.

The Eyes and Guard Tavern is now open!
    Please note you will also not be able to advance class and race traits for Beornings at this time.

Important Note: Given the scope of this update please be aware that the build you are seeing here is a work in progress and is by no means the finished Update 15 product. There are many items that are not yet complete or added into what you are seeing. There may also be items missing from this initial list, this is not intentional and will be added as we progress.

With this update we have wiped the server database. This means you will either have to start a new character again, or use Character Copy to bring over an existing character from the Live servers.

General

• Players arriving by stable-master in Ethring should no longer get attacked when another player is in the Quest: In Ethring's Defence
    • Ettenmoors guards which used to attack low-level scaled-up players have been given a talking-to
    • Moved the default position of the "Quest Actions Available" button to be higher, so it no longer overlaps the quest tracker text. It now hides the coordinates of your current location, but that seems like a better place to be.
    • Several non-stance toggle skills, such as Reveal Weakness can now persist across the player mounting up, although their effects are suppressed while the player is mounted.
    • Trait point rewards in the deed log now show an icon
    • You can now use "Track Nearby Quests" in interior locations

Beornings

• Mounted Combat: - Motivation Through Aggression was giving its effect to Slash twice, this should not be the case anymore.
    • Mounted Combat: - Fixed issue with Beornings Ferocious Roar buff allowing all auto-attacks to critically hit while the buff is active.
    • Mounted Combat: - Resolved issue that wasn't properly granting the Beornings skills for completing the introductory quest
    • Mounted Combat: Everlasting Focus should now affect Dash and Coax. Also added to the tooltip to notify the player that this trait does not affect healing effects.
    • Mounted Combat: Medium Bridle's damage over time pulse legacy should now affect all Beorning damage over time effects.
    • Everlasting Focus should now affect Dash and Coax. Also added to the tooltip to notify the player that this trait does not affect healing effects.
    • Beornings should now be able to use keep back doors in Ettenmoors.
    • Many of the Beorning’s skills were incorrectly labeled as melee skills when they were in fact Tactical skills.
    • Iorelen's Camp should now have a barter vendor that sells Beorning specific Rift gear.
    • Out-of-Combat Wrath Decay legacy should now lower the amount of wrath drained instead of increasing it.
    • Fellowing with a Beorning that isn’t nearby should no longer cause a Power meter to display in their Fellowship vitals display.
    • Beornings Trainers should no longer appear to sell Burglar Class Items.
    • Reaching zero Wrath in man form should no longer prompt the player with an effect notifying them they are about to switch into man form.
    • Many heals and buffs were breaking target’s stealth when used on an ally. This should not be the case anymore.
    • Resolved an issue where Expose Weakness was not properly refreshing itself if already present on the player.
    • Fixed Grimbeorn's Strength bonus for Cleanse that was not properly reducing the cooldown of the skill when used on your marked target.
    • Resolved an issue that was causing Grimbeorn's Strength to remove the tooltip info of Sacrifice.
    • Relentless Maul should now properly damage players in spars.
    • Relentless Maul - Relentless Maul should now more consistently deliver 8 pulses (or 4 with Brutal Energy trait). Previously the last pulse would sometimes be missed.
    • There's now a Beorning video that you can play when making a new Beorning using the "play movie" button.
    • Wrath tooltips in the character panel now show the out of combat decay rate.
    • Monster Play - Beornings should now get Battlefield Promotions

Rune-keeper

• Fixed issue regarding Rune of Restoration's trait making mentioning of a max rank that was no longer present.
    • Rune-stones should now properly damage players in spars.

Armor, Items and Gear

• Hytbold gear should now use the proper appearances for Beornings.
    • Hytbold gear should now properly be Bind On Account for Beornings.
    • Fixed issue with Hytbold 4-set bonuses display on gear. Some sets had no information while others were showing incorrect information.
    • Beorning Erebor and Greater Erebor armour sets should now be available at all skirmish camps.
    • Items - Proc Essences - Proc Essences from Central Gondor which restore % Morale upon a successful Evade now have a 20s internal cooldown
    • Items - Essences – These are going through some changes, stay tuned for more details.

Epic Battles, Quests and Instances

• Gondor - Endgame - Instance: Retaking Dol Amroth - Docks: Mobs no longer fall off the boat
    • West Gondor - Endgame - Quest: Bait Ball: Fail timer increased from two minutes to five minutes.
    • Addressed a flaw in Epic Battle interactables (e.g. siege weapons and barricades) that could result in incorrect player state after their current target is destroyed. This would manifest as a General Error and an inability to interact with a different object.
    • Central Gondor -- Dor-en-Ernil -- You must now complete Rallying a Defence before entering the instance "Blood for Blood" at the end of the Dor-en-Ernil questline.
    • Helegrod -- Drake Wing -- Completing the challenge properly awards seals and medallions again.
    • Deeping Wall -- Raid -- It is now possible to achieve a platinum medal on Securing the Culvert again, and labourers once again have haste as an action.
    • Deeping Wall -- Raid -- Shells in the Air -- Items related to the secondary and the medals on the minimap are now the proper colour.
    • Ground targeting reticles displayed while interacting with Epic Battle siege weapons should no longer erroneously disappear over certain geometry.
    • Lebennin - Instance: Sons of the Usurper - Half-trolls from the non-instanced version of the camp will no longer be present in the instance space.
    • Lebennin - Instance: Sons of the Usurper - If you are defeated in the instance, you will now retreat to the entrance of Hata Kebir inside the instance instead of being ported out to a rally circle near Linhir.
    • Western Gondor -- Jajax should no longer spawn underground.
    • Dol Amroth -- Death from Above -- Added text insisting that you use the Flag item on the spotters before defeating them. Also dramatically reduced the cooldown on th Flag item.
    • Epic Battles -- Helm's Deep -- Deeping Wall -- Raid -- Various interactive objects now reference the proper quest, banner colours on the minimap have been corrected, and objects no longer clip into walls/decorations
    • Quartermaster's Rewards now being granted for ALL Helm's Deep battles & secondaries.
    • Fixed a problem with how the "completion percentage" was calculated. The problem made the completion percentage be too high, and allowed you to get over 100% completion on the quests, which would lead to getting too much merit. If you notice any significantly different merit scores from old Epic Battles, you should let us know.

Pelargir
    A fellowship version of Retaking Pelargir is now ready for limited release on Bullroarer, where we’ll be taking important balance feedback from preview players. The timing of its release will depend on the feedback we get about this new version.

The fellowship version of Retaking Pelargir features two new secondaries: The Ship-slaves and The Thrice-blown Horn. Additionally, all Epic Foes have been re-statted for group challenge.

• In Retaking Pelargir, secondary objectives now contribute towards total merit of primary battle. Log messages now display the points at which merit is updated during battle.
    • The timing of Kisung Teng's arrival has been made more reliable
    • Time required to earn merit on all Epic Foe secondaries has been significantly reduced.
    • A failure objective for Retaking Pelargir has been rephrased from "The Great Gate must open" (a bit vague) to "The Gate Winch must survive" (hopefully much clearer)
    • Some bad entrance animations at the end of the battle have been fixed
    • The Army of the Dead now glows prettily when they enter Pelargir the same way they do at piers
    • Fixed a bug where some enemies in the middle of the city keep spawning after the pillagers are supposed to have been routed
    • City guards are a little sturdier than they used to be
    • Corsairs bearing torches can be found in the Fellowship version of Retaking Pelargir
    • Pelargir Rings have been re-statted so that they are no longer missing some stat value and that they are not identical.
    • Siege weapons in Pelargir will now build at a normal & reasonable rate
    • Winch no longer (subtly) spontaneously combusts when the great gate is opened

Mac

• The help page and /bug should now load correctly on OSX
    • OSX: Drop-down menus now work in the in-game browser
    • Upgraded the embedded Awesomium browser for OSX to v1.7.4.2 to fix issues with the store not loading on OSX Yosemite.
    Last edited by Frelorn; Nov 21 2014 at 12:52 PM.

Focus this week, Pelargir

With the addition of the six-man version of Pelargir, we have some specific question we would like to see answered from your experiences this round.

FELLOWSHIP VERSION

• How’s the difficulty for a balanced for a fellowship?
    • If you tired it with less than a full fellowship, how was it?
    • In the final stage, there’s a new set of secondaries: The Thrice-blown Horn and The Ship-slaves. Please check them out and give us feedback.
    • Where any parts of the new version too easy or too difficult?
    • Are there points in the battle sequences where it didn’t feel like all of the Fellowship had something to do?

SOLO VERSION

• You shouldn’t see either of the new secondaries bestow here, but if you do, please let us know!
    • You should still be seeing 2 secondaries in the 2nd stage and 1 secondary in the 3rd
    • You should now be able to get Platinum! Please let us know if for some reason you do not.
    • If you get any level 95 essences / crafting mats as a level 100 character, let us know!
    • We’d love to hear about soloability. For surviving and also for achieving gold or platinum. Of course, make sure to let us know what class you played.
    • How well your defenders are surviving?
    • Any issues with positioning of secondaries?
    • The time to get merit from Epic Foe secondaries has been reduced. Let us know how the new times feel.

Hello! Is this the update you were talking about when you asked our Top 10 bugs?

ok, got platinum on pelargir solo \o/
    Is it normal that mobs still spawn and attack the second front (where barricades, supplies, etc... are), even after this part is finished?
    [center]
    [url=http://lotro.fosconetwork.org/img/blosco_cs.png][img]http://lotro.fosconetwork.org/img/sig_2014/blosco.png[/img][/url]
    Anacamptis - Lv100 Minstrel, Fluva - Lv100 Warden, Vanva - Lv100 Guardian, Snufo - Lv100 Burglar
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by DiogoVP View Post
    Hello! Is this the update you were talking about when you asked our Top 10 bugs?
    No it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelorn View Post
    No it is not.
    Ok, I guess there is still time to fill my list then, haha!
    Thanks!

Lots of good bug fixes here, and the 6-man Pelargir is very welcome indeed

-Bel
    Belnavar - Captain - 105 - Brandywine - Leader of Keepers of the Palantiri

Arbor is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Quality Assurance
    Turbine, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by blosco View Post
    Is it normal that mobs still spawn and attack the second front (where barricades, supplies, etc... are), even after this part is finished?
    No, but we do know about it

[*]Beornings should now be able to use keep back doors in Ettenmoors.
    Does this also apply to Elf camp and Ost Ryngdir for entering Delving of Fror?

Is this the build where the music system is being reverted to its pre-U15 state?
    Pineleaf Needles,

Skirmisher Director for LOTRO Players.

Remember to skirmish responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by blosco View Post
    The difficulty has not been increased ? (with "Time required to earn merit on all Epic Foe secondaries has been significantly reduced.")
    Because I think everyone is agree to say the live version is a lot too easy (in particular the winch part which is done AFK with traps)
    Last edited by Castorix; Nov 21 2014 at 04:25 PM.

Any news on when the Beorning armour will be available in DA? And what about the class points that were not added in U15? Like the Iron Garrison and moria one, and the class lvl 50 quest...those things are crucial and we paid for them more than 2 weeks ago! Instead of fixing many bugs of which people are not really interested to, those fixed would be really needed since lots of people are level 100 already...and having less points and no stat armour like other classes is really a big hole atm.

• Items - Proc Essences - Proc Essences from Central Gondor which restore % Morale upon a successful Evade now have a 20s internal cooldown
    • Items - Essences – These are going through some changes, stay tuned for more details.
    This is very annoying. Yes, they used to be very overpowered, but nerfing them so much almost makes them worthless, and I have grinded for hours to get the rep items to get these, because I expected them to work and stay working this way. Also, PLEASE make sure that if this does stay, to label its Cooldown. Epic Battle jewelry procs need these too really, but they are so frustrating. Tell us what we're getting, and don't change it after you let us grind/get them.

I know this is a game and all, and everything, even on live, is subject to change, but listen to us when we say that some essences are crazy OP when we say it, which we did in U15 beta, and if you feel that they are even slightly not ready, then please disable them for live until it's changed to be balanced. I will now not be using any of the dodge/evade essences if they maintain the 20sec CD because I can get more than a 10% morale boost from essences that replace them, for how frequently they proc.
    Last edited by pittcrew1; Nov 21 2014 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakin93 View Post
    ... And what about the class points that were not added in U15? Like the Iron Garrison and moria one, and the class lvl 50 quest...those things are crucial and we paid for them more than 2 weeks ago! Instead of fixing many bugs of which people are not really interested to, those fixed would be really needed since lots of people are level 100 already...and having less points and no stat armour like other classes is really a big hole atm.
    Beornings get class trait points for their L15 and L30 class quests in lieu of the ones attained usually from the Iron Garrison Guards and Moria Epic. They get the same amount of trait points as any other class.

However I still would have liked the weapon and jewelry from the L50 class quest. I was really hoping for those quest rewards especially after Sterkist kept talking it up like he did. All that work and just a class trait point to show for it (I'm not the type to buy everything from the skirmish camp. I'll run through Malenhad, Misty, Urugarth, and Carn Dum no problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    The difficulty has not been increased ? (with "Time required to earn merit on all Epic Foe secondaries has been significantly reduced.")
    Because I think everyone is agree to say the live version is a lot too easy (in particular the winch part which is done AFK with traps)
    I just tested the 6-man version, solo : I could save the winch alone... even with a bug where I could not click anymore on the winch.
    mobs are killed faster than in solo version...
    The bosses have 675K morale, but I can do them semi-AFK with my Guardian (tested without essences).
    Last edited by Castorix; Nov 21 2014 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pittcrew1 View Post
    This is very annoying. Yes, they used to be very overpowered, but nerfing them so much almost makes them worthless, and I have grinded for hours to get the rep items to get these, because I expected them to work and stay working this way. Also, PLEASE make sure that if this does stay, to label its Cooldown. Epic Battle jewelry procs need these too really, but they are so frustrating. Tell us what we're getting, and don't change it after you let us grind/get them.

I know this is a game and all, and everything, even on live, is subject to change, but listen to us when we say that some essences are crazy OP when we say it, which we did in U15 beta, and if you feel that they are even slightly not ready, then please disable them for live until it's changed to be balanced. I will now not be using any of the dodge/evade essences if they maintain the 20sec CD because I can get more than a 10% morale boost from essences that replace them, for how frequently they proc.
    This is not annoying. It's perfectly fine. I'm incredibly glad that Turbine came to this realization as well. It shows me that the devs do actually have some clue about what they're doing.

Turbine, please don't listen to people like this. Those essences definitely deserved this nerf, it's an excellent change.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

I have a small thing to add to the list for next beta release: The bartering of level 60 first age items in the 21st hall have wrong prices: Both the level 59 and 60 items costs 6 emblems, whereas for all other classes the level 59 items are 4 emblems. Easy fix for next release or final release, no need to extensively beta-test that.

Also: level 51 crafted armor for beornings (the might version of medium armor) has spelling errors. A space was forgotten between the item name and the "of might" addition, so an armor piece now reads something like this: "Shoulder guardsof Might".

Just a few miniscule observations.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    This is not annoying. It's perfectly fine. I'm incredibly glad that Turbine came to this realization as well. It shows me that the devs do actually have some clue about what they're doing.

Turbine, please don't listen to people like this. Those essences definitely deserved this nerf, it's an excellent change.
    As I said, it is a necessary change, but it shouldnt have been something they needed to fix, they shouldn't have been OP from the start, since we said they were OP in beta. I'm perfectly fine with the change, but I want a way to get some of my effort back. Letting us trade the essences back into 3 Teal Rep items would be enough for me, and a loss for the player, but at least we don't lose everything because they are no good now.

Burg blue line already got the long CD on their evade proc trait set bonus, this was a very helpful addition by the way, whereas wardens for example have a trait that lets them heal a little on every dodge. they are a tank class, yes, but burg heals are repeatedly nerfed, and it's annoying.

Also, I don't really think "late is better than never" for games. For example, when they repeatedly made the loot table mistake for T1 OD, letting people farm FA's, that meant anyone not able to be a part of that grind fest for its duration meant they are in a worse place after it's fixed. They did make a change to FAs now though, to help soloers get them a lot with BBs or Vanguard of Central Gondor, which is great, but that means I want them to do something to fix this issue for the essences as well. I have already spend 1500+ Stars of Merit on Essence Removal Scrolls to perfectly make my new essence armor... and now all of that effort is null because the primary essence I stacked is horrible. I don't ask for those back, but I want something to make up for them not fixing it when it came out, and letting us believe it would stay as is.

Anyways, I hope the changes they are making to essences include expanding the system to crafting and lower tiers, as well as preferably making some more universal ones that still work with procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakin93 View Post
    And what about the class points that were not added in U15? Like the Iron Garrison and moria one, and the class lvl 50 quest...those things are crucial and we paid for them more than 2 weeks ago!
    Beornings get their class quests by email. If you delete the email without reading it, you don't know what NPC you should go to, so they should change it to an auto-bestow. There are class quests for level 15, 30, 50, and 58. The level 58 is also given by email, and involves going to an NPC in the Orc Watch in Moria. Instead of buying a book from the Iron Garrisson NPC, it is again done via email.

The trick is that you should read the email fully. If you just disregard it and delete it (like many of us would with automated emails since you may think they are the same as all the auto emails you get leveling another class) you are out of luck and will need to find the NPC yourself

Note:

Level 15 class quest NPC is at Adso's camp in Bree Land.
    Level 30 class quest NPC is in Ost Guruth in Lone Lands.
    Level 50 class quest NPC is in Rivendell near spire of meeting.
    Level 58 class quest NPC is in Orc Watch, Moria.

My Beorning is level 58, so that's all I know
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Has Pelargir solo/duo been fixed so you can get overall platinum in this 15.1 BR rollout?
    Silverlode Server

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    The bosses have 675K morale, but I can do them semi-AFK with my Guardian (tested without essences).
    And this poses that age-old question (since the launch of H D at least): is the content too easy or are Guardians OP?

Discuss... or not... either's fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by wbhz View Post
    Has Pelargir solo/duo been fixed so you can get overall platinum in this 15.1 BR rollout?
    See the posts above (blosco)...

Quote Originally Posted by Branwyr View Post
    And this poses that age-old question (since the launch of H D at least): is the content too easy or are Guardians OP?

Discuss... or not... either's fine with me.
    Both.
    Because I tested in DPS gear without essences here, with low defensive stats, and I should have received a lot more damage from these bosses.
    (If I do 6-man T2 bosses with this gear, I will be killed)
    Last edited by Castorix; Nov 21 2014 at 06:21 PM.

Any chance the graphics issues that were widely introduced with U15 are getting solved? Ie. the crashing on relog, Error 128, flickering screen in full screen mode etc...
    Andahlia (105BRG) - Annare (105MNS) - Grimdhaz (105RNK) - Grimdoin (105GDN)
    Grimdoir (105CHM) - Tommelhood (105HNT) - Willegart (105WDN)

About this 10% moral heal essesnces:
    From the wardens point of view:
    For pve:
    Indeed the were pretty strong and easy moding. What is pve atm? Quests and BB ... No1 does normal instances since the loot is a total mess.
    For pvp:
    Was "fun" to troll keeps and reavers with those. Only to troll.
    Against all other creeps those essences were useless, (gl on 10% chance to heal on spiders auto attacks).

@ Gil/deru:
    You say this was needed...i say: use reclamation scroll and throw the ####ty essences away.
    Now the funny question is:
    Is everybody happy that champs get to keep perma fight on ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast