We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

More Personalization for Bear Appearance

I'm very happy to see the facial tattoos of our Man form carrying over to bear form. That is great.

Since being our bear form is so much part of who we are as a Beorning, I think we really need more ways to customize and differentiate our bear's appearances.

Maybe there could be a way in character creation to make more choices regarding:
    - body shape of our bear: larger, smaller, plump, muscular, etc...
    - face shape of our bear: snout length, ear length, brow ridge, eye options, muzzle colour, nose colour etc...
    - fur appearance: neat and even, scruffier, bald patches, wounds etc...

Maybe these could be added also to the barber? And if these can't be added for character creation or the barber, perhaps they could be variants that can be acquired and equipped like LM pet appearances.

Also, it seems like the variation in bear colour is really a narrow range, with only a few shades of brown, black, and dark grey. It would be really nice to be able to vary our hair/fur colour a little more - specifically having a whiter white option, a blonder blond, and a reddish hair/fur colour too please : )

It just so happens that "Black bears come in more colors than any other North American mammal. They can be black, brown, cinnamon, blond, blue-gray, or white." (North American bear center)

And a little Tolkien inspiration: "I have been picking out bear tracks," he said at last. "There must have been a regular bears' meeting outside here last night. I soon saw that Beorn could not have made them all: there were far too many of them, and they were of various sizes too. I should say there were little bears, large bears, ordinary bears, and gigantic big bears, all dancing outside from dark to nearly dawn." (The Hobbit: Queer Lodgings)

History became legend, and legend became myth, and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost...

This is not tested extensively but it's tied to human hair color...

Tested at the barber in the Pony...
    Ash colored was a sorta gray... amber brown was teddy bear, black was black bear...

I did NOT try any of the screwy color hairs

Your bear fur colour is based directly on your Man hair colour. I knew that already. But the options are extremely limited - hence this thread. If you go to character creation and try it again you will see the only hair colours for Beornings in Man form are brown, black and grey. The grey hair comes out as dark grey fur. There is no white, and not paler blondish, and no reddish colours.

Also, everyone's bear is the same size, and shape, and basically identical, which is a shame. Variation in size and body type, and facial appearances and such would be great.
    History became legend, and legend became myth, and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost...

Maybe a ranged/class slot item with personalization
    [IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/28mns0o.jpg[/IMG]

In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Geno-Max View Post
    Maybe a ranged/class slot item with personalization
    I have my hair color on my Beorning as dark as it can go, and it results in almost a "superdark" black bear. What's kind of cool about it is that it is not the typical coloring for a normal black bear, so it actually LOOKS like an unusual bear.

The bear-form to me really shouldn't look a normal bear. Would love to see more customization for bear-form!
    Crickhollow---Citridyla, Ythrondis, and Hraf. Meneldor--Dockerson, Kariadriel and Thasgar. Gladden--Gamoskorin, Henessy, and Lanthreldras. Firefoot--Amberson and Liedvar. Brandywine--Audny, Egilwine, and Gardihauk. I'm an altoholic, pie-eating fool! :)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by maradakia View Post
    ... Since being our bear form is so much part of who we are as a Beorning, I think we really need more ways to customize and differentiate our bear's appearances.

Maybe there could be a way in character creation to make more choices regarding:
    - body shape of our bear: larger, smaller, plump, muscular, etc...
    - face shape of our bear: snout length, ear length, brow ridge, eye options, muzzle colour, nose colour etc...
    - fur appearance: neat and even, scruffier, bald patches, wounds etc...

Maybe these could be added also to the barber? And if these can't be added for character creation or the barber, perhaps they could be variants that can be acquired and equipped like LM pet appearances.

Also, it seems like the variation in bear colour is really a narrow range, with only a few shades of brown, black, and dark grey. It would be really nice to be able to vary our hair/fur colour a little more - specifically having a whiter white option, a blonder blond, and a reddish hair/fur colour too please : )

It just so happens that "Black bears come in more colors than any other North American mammal. They can be black, brown, cinnamon, blond, blue-gray, or white." (North American bear center)

And a little Tolkien inspiration: "I have been picking out bear tracks," he said at last. "There must have been a regular bears' meeting outside here last night. I soon saw that Beorn could not have made them all: there were far too many of them, and they were of various sizes too. I should say there were little bears, large bears, ordinary bears, and gigantic big bears, all dancing outside from dark to nearly dawn." (The Hobbit: Queer Lodgings)

I like the sizes variation idea, the lengh of the bear is something that already have codes in game but shapes of the bear face & body will requires to create new codes since all bears in game atm are a copy of the body with only skin color changed. Will be nice to create a code that match the humans features somewhat to some equivalent bear features (example: big nose = long snout; wide human body = wide bear body). I want to point that i dont mean to give the bear human characteristics but match it with the equivalent bear characteristic. Of course if this ever happen will take sometime to create all those new bear codes.

I will also like to se more bear form colors.

The bear fur lengh can be something like a talisman to equip in the ranged slot.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Dec 07 2014 at 02:10 PM.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Did the palette for Beorning hair/fur colour ever get expanded beyond just black, grey, and brown?

Quote Originally Posted by maradakia View Post
    Did the palette for Beorning hair/fur colour ever get expanded beyond just black, grey, and brown?
    No. I made my Beorning the other night and I just had those three shades, a blond shade would have looked pretty nice with her dark skin.
    :: Rosewillow Noakes - Bilbo Baggins Fangirl - Landroval ::
    :: Rosequartz Tunnelly - Aspiring Talespinner - Landroval ::

Hope this gets implemented. I would love to do more with my beorning and also at one time spent a bit of time at the pony experimenting with various hair colors and how they translated to bear fur color....and as has been said....it is sadly lacking

GOOD IDEA! I wanna make a polar bear so bad now :c
    But FastPablo, what about the H.O.U.S.?

Hobbits of unusual size? I don't believe they exist.