We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 176 to 182 of 182
  1. #176
    Anyone who is using the "Set unequip destination" feature, you might want to check out this new plugin: Inventory Bag ID Descrambler.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Anyone who is using the "Set unequip destination" feature, you might want to check out this new plugin: Inventory Bag ID Descrambler.
    I was trying Inventory Bag ID Descrambler on a character I had never used the sort mechanism on. I wanted to try it before mucking around on my main. It seems to have messed up the order of my bag slots and can't get them back in sequence.

    It keeps making the first slot in the bag something else. Like, for example, it's currently "113" after doing the ID Descrambler. And the visual slot 113 in the bag is actually ID "19". This was all after doing the wizard. If I redo it again with the wizard it makes slot 1 be another ID number again.

    Oh and just to give more info, I have all the available purchasable bag slots. So 135.
    Last edited by ChromiteSwiftpaw; May 22 2017 at 05:31 PM.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  3. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I was trying Inventory Bag ID Descrambler on a character I had never used the sort mechanism on. I wanted to try it before mucking around on my main. It seems to have messed up the order of my bag slots and can't get them back in sequence.

    It keeps making the first slot in the bag something else. Like, for example, it's currently "113" after doing the ID Descrambler. And the visual slot 113 in the bag is actually ID "19". This was all after doing the wizard. If I redo it again with the wizard it makes slot 1 be another ID number again.

    Oh and just to give more info, I have all the available purchasable bag slots. So 135.
    Hmm. The plugin relies on algorithm used by the Sort button being deterministic, which as far as I know, it is. I.e. every time you do the sort, it puts the items in the same order; even if there are multiple identical items, the algorithm has some unknown way of ordering them that's reliable. If that isn't true, then it won't work. Maybe you can try again, but with unique items in every slot?

    After you did the sorting, was there then more than one empty slot in your bags (i.e. some stackable items got combined into a smaller number of stacks)?

    All of my other questions basically boil down to, "Did you follow the instructions"?

    I could create a new character and give it a try. But the first thing the Wizard would tell me to do would be to fill up the bags and click "Sort", thus scrambling the IDs, so I'm not sure how that special case would really be special.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Maybe you can try again, but with unique items in every slot?
    Yeah I considered this. I did have stacks of things. I'm at work so didn't have a chance to try that.

    After you did the sorting, was there then more than one empty slot in your bags (i.e. some stackable items got combined into a smaller number of stacks)?
    Nope

    All of my other questions basically boil down to, "Did you follow the instructions"?
    Come on Thur, you know better :-P
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  5. #180
    Well I just tried it on a new character, and it worked OK for me.

    I didn't think it was likely that you failed to follow the instructions, but it occured to me that if you didn't click "Sort" for the second time (after the plugin rearranges the items) the result would be what you reported.

    There must be something strange about the items in your bags. The only thing I can think of is that the sorting algorithm doesn't sort identical items deterministically.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,227
    Doing a follow up here for you Thurallor. In my first go 'round I had 2x flower bracelets and 2x gold swap earrings in there. That may have screwed it up


    This time I made sure every item in each slot was unique. It worked perfectly
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

  7. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Doing a follow up here for you Thurallor. In my first go 'round I had 2x flower bracelets and 2x gold swap earrings in there. That may have screwed it up


    This time I made sure every item in each slot was unique. It worked perfectly
    Thanks, Chromite! I'll add that restriction to the instructions, since I can't think of a good way to work around it.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

 

 
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload