We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Roots of Fangorn T2 at lvl 75: crazy hard or messed up?

I am a level 75 minstrel with superb gear: the whole Dire-singer armour set from the barterer in Galtrev, crafted teal jewellery from Great River, First Age LI's with scrolls of empowerment & delving and guilded settings etc... in short: a pretty darn well equipped lvl 75 mini. And I like to believe I know what I'm doing, I can solo "regular" 100k morale mobs in Limlight Gorge, even 200k morale bosses if a large rock is nearby.

Today I ran Roots of Fangorn for the first time, so I assembled 5 other players, each level 100: a cappy, 3 other minis and a hunter. We had to be constantly on top of our game, and cause we got wiped once, and afterwards still sometimes one of em would die every now and then. I was lucky (or good enough), being the only lvl 75 there to only die twice in the beginning. I know we maybe had to sort of get into it a bit, that's why we got wiped, but still, these mobs hit crazy hard. The bleeds alone knocked off 25% of my morale per bleed per x seconds. And sometimes I had 4 of em on me at the same time. Half the time I was only healing myself plus the fellowship heals of the other lvl 100 mini, and as I was the lvl 75 in there, I'm a reference. If a healer is required to put full heal focus on himself and not the tank, then the fellowship won't work. It did cause the rest was 100 and there was another healer. But the way it is I see no way this can be done by 6 lvl 75 characters.

I read one of the fellowship members said something about despite the instance being lvl 75 somehow the mobs scaled to 100 in their capabilities or something along those lines. They sure hit like they were, I felt completely out of place in there. Any feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Theomur View Post
    I am a level 75 minstrel with superb gear: the whole Dire-singer armour set from the barterer in Galtrev, crafted teal jewellery from Great River, First Age LI's with scrolls of empowerment & delving and guilded settings etc... in short: a pretty darn well equipped lvl 75 mini. And I like to believe I know what I'm doing, I can solo "regular" 100k morale mobs in Limlight Gorge, even 200k morale bosses if a large rock is nearby.

Today I ran Roots of Fangorn for the first time, so I assembled 5 other players, each level 100: a cappy, 3 other minis and a hunter. We had to be constantly on top of our game, and cause we got wiped once, and afterwards still sometimes one of em would die every now and then. I was lucky (or good enough), being the only lvl 75 there to only die twice in the beginning. I know we maybe had to sort of get into it a bit, that's why we got wiped, but still, these mobs hit crazy hard. The bleeds alone knocked off 25% of my morale per bleed per x seconds. And sometimes I had 4 of em on me at the same time. Half the time I was only healing myself plus the fellowship heals of the other lvl 100 mini, and as I was the lvl 75 in there, I'm a reference. If a healer is required to put full heal focus on himself and not the tank, then the fellowship won't work. It did cause the rest was 100 and there was another healer. But the way it is I see no way this can be done by 6 lvl 75 characters.

I read one of the fellowship members said something about despite the instance being lvl 75 somehow the mobs scaled to 100 in their capabilities or something along those lines. They sure hit like they were, I felt completely out of place in there. Any feedback?
    Non-scaled instances got buffed in u12.3? as part of the landscape difficulty increase, this did not affect scaling instances tho. Anyway with u14, the Tier 2 difficulty multiplier was buffed from around 1.4x to 3.5x, that's a huge difference, but it was needed to have scaling instances (T2 only) at a more appropriate difficulty at lvl 100. So as RoF received both buffs, it's probably as hard as a lvl 85 T2 scaling instance now, which is still about twice as hard as a T1 lvl 100 instance (while T2 lvl 100 is 3.5 times as hard).

What's funny is that the T2 buff doesn't apply to all instances.. Foundry is just as hard/easy (whatever) as before U14.
    ~Dwarrowdelf (Bomb Squad)~
    Freeps: Vulcwen (R8 LM), Vulciel (lvl 100 RK), and some lower level alts.. Creep: Shadowweb (R6 spider)
    My ideas on how LM should be: [url=https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?543323-LM-revamp-reconsidered]LM Revamp reconsidered[/url]

While I'm not sure about the mobs being effectively scaled to 100 with their abilities, some instances are off in damage dealt.

My kin's working theory is that since guards are so beefed up with high morale and high mits and the minis/rks have high healing output to heal them, that Turbine scaled the damage significantly; the problem is that the light and medium armor classes have lower mits and lower morale and they can't take the damage when the boss (by design) does random damage or does an aoe.

I don't know if it was their intention to make some T2s now harder than the original difficulty of the instance, or whether it was an effect of the general changes that they did and there wasn't any testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Namesse View Post
    While I'm not sure about the mobs being effectively scaled to 100 with their abilities, some instances are off in damage dealt.

My kin's working theory is that since guards are so beefed up with high morale and high mits and the minis/rks have high healing output to heal them, that Turbine scaled the damage significantly; the problem is that the light and medium armor classes have lower mits and lower morale and they can't take the damage when the boss (by design) does random damage or does an aoe.

I don't know if it was their intention to make some T2s now harder than the original difficulty of the instance, or whether it was an effect of the general changes that they did and there wasn't any testing.
    Given my perception of the request to beef up difficulty, there was a bit of both. Now whether there was enough testing, I can't answer that question. There certainly was some testing.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Yes, the mid-level scaling instances are impossible/screwed up, please /bug it. Pits of Isengard is impossible even a bit over-leveled/over-geared, a group of level 100s take longer to do it than back when 75 was cap. (A tank with capped mits, bubbled from minstrel, with HoTs already on, and nothing but full heals being pumped into him, is slaughtered by the first trash pull in just a coupe hits.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcwen View Post
    Foundry is just as hard/easy (whatever) as before U14.
    Oh? This is the first I've heard that one of these didn't get broken.
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

What!? They broke the game again!? Impossible! >: [

Somebody should offer to pay turbine points for them to fix it. = |