We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Mounted Combat All Regions

Why is there no mounted combat everywhere?Just wondering.

Three reasons I am aware of:

1. The quest to get a war-steed is lvl 71+
    2. Rohan and Gondor areas have a new layer of tech on landscape for the mobs to understand how to interact with a player that is mounted. Mobs literally have two sets of skills in newer areas, 1 for how to fight freeps on foot, and the other to fight them on steed. Mobs actually increase their DPS when a freep they are attacking is mounted since 30% of their damage is applied to the war-steed. When a player is dismounted, the mobs only use smaller damage attacks so they aren't one-shotting players. Older zones simply don't have it and turbine would have to spend many dev hours implementing it.
    3. Because turbine would have to eliminate all the silver drops from mobs in every other region because you'd see lvl 100s farming them all day every day while mounted in the large orc camps and cities.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by aranen View Post
    Why is there no mounted combat everywhere?Just wondering.
    Because a lot of players hate mounted combat with a passion and don't want it messing up their gameplay. If you look at a lot of skills for Lore Master particularly you will see that they all change effect against mounted mobs. All stuns, roots, mezzes etc stop working and become 'slows' for mounted mobs. If mounted combat expanded to the whole world there would be a massive outcry because players couldn't use half their skills properly anymore! Also think of Burglars and their stealth skills, Hunters and their trap skills. While mounted combat is confined to a small area of the world, players can avoid it most of the time. If it goes worldwide then there will be an awful lot of hate generated.

no, please, I would rather slit my wrists ... I detest MC, I avoid MC, if I have to venture into an MC area, I do so on foot with my archer (I'm a Captain) and if attacked, I just stand there healing my archer ... yeah, sad innit? but that's how I personally feel about MC.

I can definititely feel for those who detest MC. I hated MC on some of my melee classes, specifically captain amd guard. What I did to get through it was use /follow on them and whack em with my sword.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    I hated MC on some of my melee classes, specifically captain
    lolwut?

I think you misspelled Burglar, because Captain is one of the strongest MC classes, with all the ranged, AoE tactical shouts.

OT: No.
    First, as already mentioned, you don't get a War-steed until Rohan.
    Second, even if War-steeds were available at a low level, the terrain of pre-Rohan areas just aren't built with mounted combat.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    lolwut?

I think you misspelled Burglar, because Captain is one of the strongest MC classes, with all the ranged, AoE tactical shouts.

OT: No.
    First, as already mentioned, you don't get a War-steed until Rohan.
    Second, even if War-steeds were available at a low level, the terrain of pre-Rohan areas just aren't built with mounted combat.
    A) I put down guardian and captain, that must have been a bug or something, you can see that I put down "some of my melee classes". I wrote guardian and captain, dont know what happened after I hit submit.
    B) I know it is one of the strongest classes but I just didnt like it and found it much more favorable for me to play in /follow.

I have never played burglar, but I know it also has serious problems from kinnies and other forums posts.
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

is there MC in Gondor?

Besides the facts that the mobs need a special setup und that many players hate mc theres another simple reason: MC needs wide open space to be an option. Maps like trollshaws ot the shire would not support the idea of mc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordvin View Post
    Besides the facts that the mobs need a special setup und that many players hate mc theres another simple reason: MC needs wide open space to be an option. Maps like trollshaws ot the shire would not support the idea of mc.
    Although I can just imagine the fun of attempting MC in Moria. Roflmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammadryad View Post
    Although I can just imagine the fun of attempting MC in Moria. Roflmao!
    First you should make a suggestion for wargoats :-)

Quote Originally Posted by aranen View Post
    is there MC in Gondor?
    Yes there is