We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Angry Hunters are overpowered. Please nerf!!!

Now that I have your attention.....

The map is rather boring. Capturing keeps provides nothing more than an infamy/renown buff or in the case of tr/lug a gy and an OP(sort of). OC/EC provide zero safety and all npcs at the bottom floor of a keep might as well not exist( would cut down on lag :P) since they drop aggro despite their commanding officers being in desperate need of reinforcements.

I think it would be nice if say, owning LC and Isen gave special buffs to global NPCs, and that owning TR or Lug gave a patrol of npcs scouting the respective roads and if creeps owned Lug or freeps TR, that a group lead by lieutenants would launch an attack on OC/EC.

Also, there are perfectly good areas of the map that are never visited because there are just no points of interest there. A notable example would be the south-west corner of the map. Beautiful spot for solo/small group fights.

Lol you made me laugh there xD

But yeah, the map is boring... yet I don't see Turbine doing anything about it some time soon.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

what if the players on the map are the main reason for the map to be boring?

No really, the map is just too big for the amount of players.
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    what if the players on the map are the main reason for the map to be boring?

No really, the map is just too big for the amount of players.
    Fair point, but the Ettenmoors are supposed to be a warzone. Would be nice if npcs behaved like there was a war going on, instead of pacing in-front of a castle

Quote Originally Posted by Girum19 View Post
    Fair point, but the Ettenmoors are supposed to be a warzone. Would be nice if npcs behaved like there was a war going on, instead of pacing in-front of a castle
    Well, duh! During wartime that's what people are supposed to do. They patrol and guard the castle. Now are they stupid people that lose interest because of a severe, chronic case of ADD? By all means, yes.

Not a huge fan of all the NPCs in the pvp zone but a few things I'd love to see changed to not only improve the moors but improve action:

• Move EC and OC back to their old positions (!!!!) so freeps and creeps have somewhere to push to regardless of who owns which keeps.

• Make NPCs hit harder than Justin Bieber. Any freep or creep can run face first into a keep and take very little damage, keeps should be rammed with npcs that do MENTAL damage, a Tyrant/Captain General should be feared, they should have effects like 12man bosses have, things like Gaergoth has where if you don't pot the wound you DIE. They should have special skills like pools on the ground, huge aoes, the ability to summon the entire keep into the CG room. They need to feel powerful. NPCs also need to start hitting creeps for more than they hit freeps. My creeps take 800 devs from NPCs, my freeps take 1k devs. My creeps have up to 95,000 morale! -.-

• Get rid of the outpost mastery buffs, give each OP another 10% towards renown/infamy gains for the LOSING side. Make outpost tyrants tough for 3man groups to take and flood them with NPCs. NPCs really don't create that much lag since they're relatively static and part of the game, taking an outpost should be both challenging and rewarding.

• Have a 60minute global cooldown upon flipping an outpost.

• Give freeps some maps, take away 3-4 creep maps and then rejiggle the map-in spots to make these items (for both sides) LESS of a zerging tool and more of a quick way to travel around the map.

• Remove or flatten some of the mountains above Tol Ascarnen allowing the northern parts of the map to be accessed more easily. Put something there perhaps that makes it worth going to and fighting at?

• Make Tol Ascarnen a REAL fortress. One entrance, walls that ranged classes can shoot from. Give this particular keep a 50% boost to renown/infamy gains and give it two CG/TYs? Make it tough to take, really require a 24man to take.

• Reduce lag, consolidate buffs, find some way to take all the various ettenmoors only buff icons from the vitals and place them elsewhere.

• Find a way (I have suggested numerous ideas for this) to disencourage zerging with ridiculously unfair numbers.

There's so much more but these are some of my own main ideas.
    Absolution

I thought a simple solution would be to make 2 new quests (one for each faction)

1 in grothum

and

1 in hoarhollow

have it give a large reward, IE: 1,000 Commendations

and a low cooldown of 3 hours...

BAM you just recreated STAB fights in 2 very distant locations.

Edit:

The post above suggested consolidate buffs.... DEFINITELY.... it is a huge reason why lag is so bad and needs to be addressed....
    "There are things that go bump in the night. We're the ones who bump back." -BPRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post

• Have a 60minute global cooldown upon flipping an outpost.

This is to keep the same person/group from flipping them one after another?

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    [/LIST]

This is to keep the same person/group from flipping them one after another?

No it means that freeps/creeps can have 4 permanent op's for 1 hour
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

• Make NPCs hit harder than Justin Bieber. Any freep or creep can run face first into a keep and take very little damage, keeps should be rammed with npcs that do MENTAL damage, a Tyrant/Captain General should be feared, they should have effects like 12man bosses have, things like Gaergoth has where if you don't pot the wound you DIE. They should have special skills like pools on the ground, huge aoes, the ability to summon the entire keep into the CG room. They need to feel powerful. NPCs also need to start hitting creeps for more than they hit freeps. My creeps take 800 devs from NPCs, my freeps take 1k devs. My creeps have up to 95,000 morale! -.-
    why not, but then you need to higher creep NPCs morale of about 200-300%, since they have nearly the same now, while freeps do a lot of more dps.

• Give freeps some maps, take away 3-4 creep maps and then rejiggle the map-in spots to make these items (for both sides) LESS of a zerging tool and more of a quick way to travel around the map.
    why not, then remove mounts in the moors. (oh i hear the cowards QQ)

• Make Tol Ascarnen a REAL fortress. One entrance, walls that ranged classes can shoot from. Give this particular keep a 50% boost to renown/infamy gains and give it two CG/TYs? Make it tough to take, really require a 24man to take.
    so that 95% of the servers will never be able to flip it? (same goes for 12 needed for other keeps) as long as there isnt anything like merges or 3-4 seperate pvp servers where a range of different servers have access to, no thx.

PS. the title of the thread is true btw. DF is op

Quote Originally Posted by ulza View Post
    No it means that freeps/creeps can have 4 permanent op's for 1 hour
    Well sure, if at any one point one freep or creep group happens to take all 4 outposts at exactly the same time. In reality, this will only rarely happen and as per my post, it won't have such a stupidly dramatic effect on the moors. It'd be a non-combat effect.

In all reality, this would be simply to stop the silly groups of the massively larger side (always creepside on Brandywine) having all 4 ops 24/7 as they currently do. It's somewhat rare, to have more than one outpost on freepside on Brandy.

Quote Originally Posted by ISS_21 View Post
    why not, but then you need to higher creep NPCs morale of about 200-300%, since they have nearly the same now, while freeps do a lot of more dps.

so that 95% of the servers will never be able to flip it? (same goes for 12 needed for other keeps) as long as there isnt anything like merges or 3-4 seperate pvp servers where a range of different servers have access to, no thx.
    Freep NPCs already have far lower health pools than creep NPCs right now.

I'd be glad to sacrifice my mount on all my freeps to have even a few maps. Maps are a thousand times superior to mounts in the moors when combined with March and the War-leader aoe 35% march.

And I highly doubt 95% of the servers would struggle to take keeps if they were more difficult. Right now I'm relatively sure my Grandma could put up a better fight than most of the keeps. I'm not suggesting they're made Tier II Challenge content, simply not faceroll it with a half-competent soloer content.
    Absolution

Freep NPCs already have far lower health pools than creep NPCs right now.
    you should prove that again, there isnt any significant differences in moral pools between op keepers and keep bosses. also the lieutenants and sergeants have (nearly) the same pool.
    the only differences is at op npcs and thats cause there are way more freeps NPCs around ops then creep NPCs.

I'd be glad to sacrifice my mount on all my freeps to have even a few maps. Maps are a thousand times superior to mounts in the moors when combined with March and the War-leader aoe 35% march.
    in a matter of mobility, sure. in a matter of flying off a fight, no. at least champs and guards can run off any fight they wish right now and have enough time to mount up and go their way. and if on horse mostly any freep can fly if he does notice the creep(s) early enough. while no visible creep class can.

And I highly doubt 95% of the servers would struggle to take keeps if they were more difficult. Right now I'm relatively sure my Grandma could put up a better fight than most of the keeps. I'm not suggesting they're made Tier II Challenge content, simply not faceroll it with a half-competent soloer content.
    my reaver can actually solo everything but TA, so i agree its too easy, but i dont agree that it should require 12 or 24 to take one keep. you should obviously see beyond your own nose, namely brandywhine. i can tell you that there were like 3 times on my server when either side could have taken keeps (not ta) with your requirement since U14. and when u read about other servers, it isnt any different there, except for Gladden, Brandy and i assume landroval.

PS. the title of the thread is true btw. DF is op
    I'm good with slightly increasing creep npcs morale, but 200-300% is plain dumb, and all the keeps can be soloed atm, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotroland View Post
    I'm good with slightly increasing creep npcs morale, but 200-300% is plain dumb, and all the keeps can be soloed atm, lol.
    theres no increasing needed atm, the 200-300% belongs to the suggestion to higher freep NPCs dps in comparison of the creep morale / freep morale ratio. and if that is done, you inteed need to consider the creep npc morale pool / freep npc morale pool ratio aswell. so when freeps npcs should do 2-3x more dps then creep npcs do, due to the morale pool ratio, creep npcs should have 2-3x more morale then freep npcs. nothing more. but as i said, any kind of change isnt really needed, there are much more important things that should be adjusted.

there are much more important things that should be adjusted.
    Like spiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Manulele View Post
    Like spiders?
    spiders, wardens, lms, sprints of guards and champs, champions duel, defilers being able to dps and heal, server merges or seperate pvp servers, a lot of bugs etc pp.

sprints of champs
    The fact that you are trying to present champ's sprint as a legitimate problem is humorous considering some creep classes have a better ooc run boost than sprint. I'd agree with most of the rest, however.
    Riddermark: Quest: Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Pleasefarmme-Reaver
    Landroval: Erehorn-Burglar
    Brandywine: SVP: Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master

Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    The fact that you are trying to present champ's sprint as a legitimate problem is humorous considering some creep classes have a better ooc run boost than sprint. I'd agree with most of the rest, however.
    the duration of 46 seconds is simply too long, especially when you consider that it is an in combat sprint. i dont mind lowering the cd for champs to guard ones when the duration gets nerfed a lot.

As long as champ duel becomes brandable, I think is fine as it is.
    The rest is to nerf to pieces.

This may be a hard concept to present to the readers here but i will try my best.

Instead of the Current model which presents a Landslide, Domination-style campaign (which makes no sense since you cannot "win" the ettenmoors as its not an instance) we present a center focused Rubber-banding style campaign, where if either side makes any gains, it gets harder for them, while the rewards get bigger.
    Think for a moment if we always assume that isendeep and lugazag are ALWAYS creep controlled and Lumbercamp and TR are ALWAYS freep controlled, the the focus of the fight is TA, upon TA's capture begins the fierce resistance to the captors (be it increased buffs to the faction not controlling it, additional NPC's etc) while at the same time providing benefits (increased inf/reknown gain, or some global pve buff, or any other imaginable incentive to "dominate" the map) for the captors.
    In this way, instead of a snowballing effect which leads to an eventual grams/GV camp, we get a bungy-cord effect where the resistance gets harder and harder as more gains are made. This hardlines the moors to have a balanced playing field as its Default.

With this PvP "style" alot of things can be developed. Such as recapturing NPC raids (warbands anybody?). Random, rewarding events, and retweaks to the system.
    One of my favorite ideas is the removal of horses/maps to the moors which further decreases the chance of Camps and makes keep takes more important function to pvp over (YES, kill other players while PVEing, who woulda thought of it?!).

Initially, alot of these concepts are hard to warm up to because of current moors goggling, but when u take time to really think on it, they REALLY can work.

If there's anything that someone didnt understand, i'd be glad to explain further. Discussions are always good
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    we present a center focused Rubber-banding style campaign, where if either side makes any gains, it gets harder for them, while the rewards get bigger.
    I thought about this concept for a long time. I, in generall, agree with it.
    While I think all keeps should be conquerable (and none auto...), they should give a large (even larger than now) buff to inf/renown, with lower base infamy/renown/comm gain on kill.
    I though about outposts being unconquerable points of defence belonging to side other than the one having responding to OP keep (lugz-rop, lc-hop and so on) giving some noticable buffs to either mitigations or masteries (or both).
    And I though about keeps being more difficult to conquer, so it will require some group effort to do it.

I believe that this will lead to simple state, where more powerfull (and most likely, more numerous) side will need (and want) more keeps to get real ren/inf/comm. But this will lead loosing side to have more chances in fight, thus giving significantly outnumbered side chances to still be able to do something (get kills, have good fight).

What happened on my server, and from what I have read, on pretty much most if not all servers, is when one side gains some advantage, it immidiately facerolls other side (with more and more players from loosing side either switching or leaving game or going to pve), the above might change this state.

OR

Keeps and OPs give no buffs at all. But NPCs are significantly buffed, with keeps, OPs and camps giving some (minor, but still) run debuffs. So loosing side will be able to hide inside keep and defend there, while winning side will have to think twice before running in, killing everyone, and using backdoor to leave.
    Of course auto switching keeps should be taken off.

Also, oc and ec were of much more use in their previous locations, right now they are almost never used. Many players qqed about the fact that attackers (=gankers) were able to run in, kill players, jump down the walls loosing npcs aggro. But now, with invisible barriers making it impossible to leave them, they are death traps for loosing side, while npcs are worthless moving obstacles.